[Drama 2023] The Good Bad Mother, 나쁜 엄마

larus

by Lily Alice, April 10, 2023
10 0

New still cuts have been unveiled portraying Lee Do Hyun from the upcoming K-drama The Good Bad Mother

In the first still cut, he is seen sitting in a cramped room writing intently on a book. The second still cut shows him in a prosecutor's robe sitting in a courtroom. And the third still cut, probably the most unique one, shows him standing with his hands up with a bunch of children like they are being punished for the mischief they did. 

BdB3Rb_2f.png

2woq87_2f.png

Xd2vlO_2f.png

The first two cuts portray him as a stern and stoic man like someone who is very serious about work and has no friends. Whereas, in the third still cut, among the innocent children, Lee Do Hyun also seems like a naive child. 

The Good Bad Mother tells the story of a single mother, Jin Young Soon and her son Choi Kang Ho (Lee Do Hyun). Young Soon earns her living by running a pig farm. To not let her son Choi Kang Ho end up with a life like hers, she becomes a strict 'bad' mother to him. 

Years later, Kang Ho becomes a prosecutor with a cold-hearted personality. To pursue his career, he moved away from his hometown and mother. But when an unexpected accident gives him a mind and personality of a child, he returns home to live with his mother. 

The K-drama also casts Ahn Eun JinYoo In SooJung Woong In, and Choi Moo Sung, among others. It is directed by the Beyond Evil director Shim Na Yeon, and its screenplay is penned by Extreme Job's screenwriter Bae Se Young

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-do-hyun-s-dynamic-personality-portrayed-in-new-still-cuts-of-the-good-bad-mother

• Like 2

Yoo In Soo Is A Troublemaker Who’s Hopelessly In Love With Ahn Eun Jin In “The Good Bad Mother”

Apr 13, 2023
by E. Cha

JTBC’s upcoming drama “The Good Bad Mother” has shared a sneak peek of Yoo In Soo in character!

“The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming new comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son becomes like a child again. Lee Do Hyun will star as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who has a fraught relationship with his mother Young Soon (Ra Mi Ran)—until he loses his memory in an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self.

Ahn Eun Jin will star in the drama as Mi Joo, Kang Ho’s longtime friend and sole support system, who moves back to her hometown due to financial struggles.

Yoo In Soo—who recently starred in “All of Us Are Dead” and “Alchemy of Souls”—will play the role of Sam Sik, who is notorious in their village for constantly getting into trouble. Although he is the same age as Kang Ho and was born and raised in the same village, the two men couldn’t be more different—and Sam Sik feels a strange sense of rivalry with the accomplished prosecutor.

However, despite his seemingly wild and unpredictable ways, Sam Sik is pure of heart when it comes to romance. The hopelessly smitten Sam Sik only has eyes for Mi Joo, even though his love is unrequited.

Describing how he felt the first time he read the script, Yoo In Soo recalled, “As soon as I received the script, I read the whole thing on the spot in the blink of an eye. I was so curious about what would happen next that I really wanted to receive the script for the next episode as quickly as possible.”

Yoo-In-Soo-2.jpg

Notably, “The Good Bad Mother” will mark Yoo In Soo’s reunion with “Moments of 18” director Shim Na Yeon. The actor remarked, “When the director contacted me, I immediately thought that I would agree to do her next project, no matter what it was. Because I was really happy filming ‘Moments of 18,’ and I thought that I would no doubt be just as happy filming this drama as well.”

As for his approach to playing his character, Yoo In Soo said, “Bang Sam Sik is a ball of trouble, but he’s impossible to hate, and he’s a character whose charm makes people want to become friends with him. Before filming, the director told me, ‘I’d like Sam Sik to be cute,’ so I tried to squeeze out all the cuteness I had inside me.”

Yoo-In-Soo-3.jpgYoo-In-Soo-4.jpg

“The Good Bad Mother” will premiere on April 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1579822wpp/yoo-in-soo-is-a-troublemaker-whos-hopelessly-in-love-with-ahn-eun-jin-in-the-good-bad-mother

• Like 2

Watch: Lee Do Hyun, Ahn Eun Jin, And Ra Mi Ran Are Just Trying To Find Happiness In Touching “The Good Bad Mother” Teaser

The-Good-Bad-Mother-teaser.jpg?s=900x600

Apr 14, 2023
by S. Nam

JTBC’s “The Good Bad Mother” has dropped a new teaser!

“The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming new comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son becomes like a child again. Lee Do Hyun will star as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who has a fraught relationship with his mother Young Soon (Ra Mi Ran)—until he loses his memory in an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self. Ahn Eun Jin will star in the drama as Mi Joo, Kang Ho’s longtime friend and sole support system, who moves back to her hometown due to financial struggles.

The newly released teaser introduces the members of Jouri Village with the hilarious phrase, “There has never been a village like this before.”

First, there is troublemaker Sam Sik (Yoo In Soo), who you can’t help but not hate, along with his parents Ms. Park (Seo Yi Sook) and the youth president (Jang Won Young) with their bickering couple chemistry. Furthermore, the teaser introduces the village head (Kim Won Hae) who even learned acupuncture for the villagers, and Ms. Jung (Kang Mal Geum), who gets angry at the village twins. Eccentric composer Trot Baek (Baek Hyun Jin) returns home with great ambition, and there are also mysterious strangers who visit the village with unspeakable stories.

Furthermore, there are the villains including prosecutor-turned-national assemblyman Oh Tae Soo (Jung Woong In) and Woo Byuk Group’s chairman Song Woo Byuk (Choi Moo Sung), raising anticipation for the exciting story to come.

Finally, Kang Ho appears both as a coldhearted prosecutor and a pure-hearted young child. Mi Joo reunites with her longtime friend Kang Ho, who appears to have become a completely different person as he cries his heart out in the rain. Kang Ho’s mother Young Soon secretly holds back her tears without others knowing, tugging at viewers’ heartstrings.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1580047wpp/watch-lee-do-hyun-ahn-eun-jin-and-ra-mi-ran-are-just-trying-to-find-happiness-in-touching-the-good-bad-mother-teaser

• Like 2

BF.33198220.1.jpg

On the 18th, JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Bad Mother', which will be broadcast for the first time on the 26th, released a still cut containing the conflicting changes between Youngsoon (Ra Mi-ran) and Kang-ho (Lee Do-hyun)'s hat.

‘Bad Mother’ is a touching healing comedy about a mother, Young-soon, who had no choice but to be a bad mother for her child, and her son Kang-ho, who became a child in an unexpected accident, in search of lost happiness. Director Shim Na-yeon, who won the Best Drama Award in the TV category at the 57th Baeksang Arts Awards, directs the drama, and writer Bae Se-young, who has been recognized for her writing skills in the films “Life is Beautiful,” “Extreme Job,” and “Perfect Others,” was in charge of writing.

Above all, the meeting between Ra Mi-ran and Lee Do-hyun adds to the anticipation of drama fans. Ra Mi-ran plays the role of Jin Young-soon, a mother who has lived a tenacious life to protect her child. Jin Yeong-soon, who raised her son while running a pig farm alone, is a character who volunteers to be her bad mother in order not to pass on her pain caused by her poverty and ignorance. Lee Do-hyun plays Choi Kang-ho, the son of a prosecutor who became a child in an unexpected accident. Kang-ho, whose mother's plan was his own life, became a cold-blooded prosecutor with a secret of his own. Turning away from his mother and running for success, he becomes a child in an unexpected accident and lives a new life with a bad mother.

In the published photos, the past of 'Bad Mother' Young-soon and Kang-ho and the present of 'Prosecutor's son' Kang-ho and Young-soon are contrasted side by side. Young-soon's stubbornness and tenacity to make her son a great prosecutor has weighed on Kang-ho all his life. Youngsoon, who has a strong and harsh heart, and Kangho, a high school student who follows him with a resigned face, draw attention.

In another photo, Kang-ho, who became a prosecutor at the will of his mother over the years, looks as cold as Yeong-soon in those days. On the other hand, the change of Youngsoon, who has become much softer, also draws attention. In one hand, he has a bag full of food prepared for his son. It makes us look forward to the story of these mothers and mothers, what secrets the cold-blooded prosecutor Kang-ho has, and whether the bad mother Young-soon can be happy with him.

Ra Mi-ran praised "Actor Lee Do-hyun was really 'amazing'" and added, "It was nice to meet an actor who could give and receive such inspiration. Thank you for being my son Kang-ho,” she said. Lee Do-hyun also said, “It was a great honor just to be able to act with Ra Mi-ran. So, I was very excited to go to the set, and I was very happy during the filming. You have become a really precious mother to me,” adding to the warmth.

'Bad Mom' is a total of 14 episodes and will be broadcast for the first time at 10:30 pm on the 26th.

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2023041845704

• Like 2

Spoiler

Lee Do Hyun Turns Cold Due To Ra Mi Ran’s Merciless Parenting In “The Good Bad Mother”

Lee Do Hyun Turns Cold Due To Ra Mi Ran’s Merciless Parenting In “The Good Bad Mother”

JTBC’s upcoming drama “The Good Bad Mother” has shared a glimpse of the evolving dynamic between Lee Do Hyun and Ra Mi Ran!

“The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming new comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son becomes like a child again. Lee Do Hyun will star as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who has a fraught relationship with his mother Young Soon (Ra Mi Ran)—until he loses his memory in an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self.

As a single mom who was widowed at a young age, Young Soon raised her son Kang Ho by herself while running a pig farm. Because she didn’t want her son to grow up penniless or powerless, Young Soon chose to become a “bad mother” by constantly being hard on her son and taking a harsh “tough love” approach in raising him.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Young Soon coldly turns away from Kang Ho during his high school days. The teenage Kang Ho seems to have already gotten used to his mother’s unforgiving ways, and he appears worn down as he follows her with a downtrodden expression of acceptance.

However, their roles are reversed in photos from a later time in the story, when Kang Ho has grown up to become an adult. While Kang Ho has become a prosecutor, just as his mother always dreamed, he is now as ice-cold as his mother used to be. Young Soon, on the other hand, seems to have softened around the edges, and she wears a warm smile as she carries a homemade lunch that she prepared for her son.

Ra-Mi-Ran-Lee-Do-Hyun.jpgRa-Mi-Ran-Lee-Do-Hyun-2.jpgRa-Mi-Ran-5.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Do-Hyun-2.jpg

Describing her experience working with her co-star, Ra Mi Ran raved, “Actor Lee Do Hyun was truly amazing. It was so great meeting an actor with whom I could exchange this kind of inspiration. I’m grateful that he became my son Kang Ho.”

Meanwhile, Lee Do Hyun returned the love by sharing, “It was a huge honor just to be able to act together with Ra Mi Ran. Because of that, I was really excited whenever I went to the filming set, and I was extremely happy during filming. She was truly a precious mother to me.”

“The Good Bad Mother” will premiere on April 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1581132wpp/lee-do-hyun-turns-cold-due-to-ra-mi-rans-merciless-parenting-in-the-good-bad-mother

• Like 1

Lee Do Hyun And Ahn Eun Jin Are Exes Who Unexpectedly Reunite In “The Good Bad Mother”

20230421035058_Lee-Do-Hyun-Ahn-Eun-Jin.j

Apr 21, 2023
by E. Cha

JTBC’s upcoming drama “The Good Bad Mother” has shared a sneak peek of Lee Do Hyun and Ahn Eun Jin’s changing relationship over the years!

“The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son unexpectedly becomes like a young child again. Lee Do Hyun will star as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who has a fraught relationship with his mother Young Soon (Ra Mi Ran)—until he loses his memory in an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self.

Ahn Eun Jin will star in the drama as Mi Joo, Kang Ho’s longtime friend and sole support system, who moves back to her hometown due to financial struggles.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Mi Joo dotes on Kang Ho with obvious affection during their high school days. As he is constantly under pressure from his mother, Kang Ho does nothing but study—and Mi Joo is his only respite from his stressful daily life. Mi Joo thoughtfully brings Kang Ho a lunchbox full of handmade kimbap, and she is unable to take her eyes off him as he eats.

Ahn-Eun-Jin-Lee-Do-Hyun.jpg

Later on, the two childhood friends meet again after they’ve both left their hometown, in an encounter that changes the nature of their relationship for good. Kang Ho looks startled when Mi Joo suddenly grabs his face with both hands, while Mi Joo candidly opens up to her longtime friend about her troubles.

The next photo shows the pair taking a cute couple selfie together, hinting that they have now become more than just friends.

Lee-Do-Hyun-4.jpg

Spoiler

Ahn-Eun-Jin.jpg

Lee-Do-Hyun-Ahn-Eun-Jin-2.jpg

After going from childhood friends to exes, Kang Ho and Mi Joo will unexpectedly meet again in their hometown as adults.

Lee Do Hyun commented, “I was grateful to Ahn Eun Jin for trying to make me feel comfortable on the filming set. It was a fun and happy shoot, to the point where all of the moments in which we acted together—with [Ahn Eun Jin] looking at me and approaching me from Mi Joo’s perspective—have remained in my memory.”

Meanwhile, Ahn Eun Jin returned the love by sharing, “Lee Do Hyun is someone who makes it possible for his acting partner to act comfortably on set. When creating scenes with him, we wound up depicting elements that I hadn’t even thought about in depth and detail. I really relied and depended on him a lot.”

“The Good Bad Mother” will premiere on April 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1581687wpp/lee-do-hyun-and-ahn-eun-jin-are-exes-who-unexpectedly-reunite-in-the-good-bad-mother

• Like 2

Watch: Ra Mi Ran’s Cold Parenting Leads Lee Do Hyun To Become A Cold Prosecutor In “The Good Bad Mother” Teaser

Watch: Ra Mi Ran’s Cold Parenting Leads Lee Do Hyun To Become A Cold Prosecutor In “The Good Bad Mother” Teaser

“The Good Bad Mother” has dropped a preview for Episode 1!

JTBC’s upcoming drama “The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son unexpectedly becomes like a young child again. Lee Do Hyun will star as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who has a fraught relationship with his mother Young Soon (Ra Mi Ran)—until he loses his memory in an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self.

The teaser begins decades in the past as a younger Young Soon moves to Jouri Village. There, she experiences the incredible fate of giving birth on the exact same day as her neighbor Ms. Jung (Kang Mal Geum), who names her daughter Mi Joo (Ahn Eun Jin). Just like her husband Hae Sik (Jo Jin Woong) wished, Young Soon names their son Choi Kang Ho in hopes that he grows up to be a strong and powerful person.

To make sure he grows up like that, Young Soon decides to be a “bad mother.” Her harsh parenting style often leaves a young Kang Ho in tears as she bitterly comments, “You can never become a prosecutor in this countryside by doing everything you want to do.”

Years later, Kang Ho and Mi Joo are still by each other’s side. As their relationship lingers somewhere between friendship and romance, their bond is shaken up by their fellow neighborhood friend Sam Sik (Yoo In Soo) who takes a liking to Mi Joo. When Sam Sik’s antics result in the two getting locked in their school storage room, they share a heart-fluttering moment as Mi Joo sweetly tells Kang Ho, “You can just start now to do what you want to do.”

The clip takes a sad turn when Young Soon and Kang Ho find themselves in a screaming match. Young Soon yells out, “Whose fault is that? Please teach me!” Kang Ho responds in tears, “I can’t live because I feel suffocated!”

Everything changes once again when Kang Ho officially becomes a prosecutor. Looking much more poised than his teenage self, Kang Ho makes a phone call and stiffly comments, “Things seem to have gotten a bit troublesome.”

Watch the teaser here!

JTBC’s “The Good Bad Mother” premieres on April 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out another teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1581755wpp/watch-ra-mi-rans-cold-parenting-leads-lee-do-hyun-to-become-a-cold-prosecutor-in-the-good-bad-mother-teaser

• Like 1

Spoiler

Lee Do Hyun Describes His Acting Concerns, What He’s Learned From “The Good Bad Mother” Co-Star Ra Mi Ran, And More

Lee Do Hyun Describes His Acting Concerns, What He’s Learned From “The Good Bad Mother” Co-Star Ra Mi Ran, And More

Lee Do Hyun candidly confessed his concerns as an actor in an interview with Esquire!

After showcasing an incredible performance in Netflix’s hit series “The Glory” as Song Hye Kyo‘s love interest Joo Yeo Jeong, Lee Do Hyun is currently awaiting the premiere of his new drama “The Good Bad Mother.”

During his interview with Esquire, Lee Do Hyun was asked whether there was anything he really wanted to do well but wasn’t able to achieve. The actor honestly shared, “I do poorly whenever I work on a project. Whenever I do a project, I cry once [out of frustration].”

He elaborated, “There was a time I cried because I wasn’t able to properly say my lines on set of the first filming, even after practicing until 5 a.m. the previous night. I told this story to Ra Mi Ran, and she told me, ‘In times like that, you just have to rest and not think about anything.’ That’s when I realized that grasping [my emotions] so tightly in the palm of my hand would make them explode. After hearing Ra Mi Ran’s words, I learned that I’d be able to catch [my emotions] once I loosened up and gently tried to hold them again.”

Lee-Do-Hyun-1-1.jpgLee-Do-Hyun-4.jpegLee-Do-Hyun-2-1.jpg

Lee Do Hyun continued to chat about working with Ra Mi Ran, who plays his mom in their upcoming drama “The Good Bad Mother.” “Ra Mi Ran told me to call her noona [older sister/female friend] off-set, but I keep calling her Mom,” Lee Do Hyun revealed. “I’ve continued to call her Mom even now, when filming is over. While filming, I really learned a lot from her.”

In “The Good Bad Mother,” Lee Do Hyun essentially plays a double role as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who gets into an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self. On playing such contrasting personalities, Lee Do Hyun shared, “I think there’s a charming contrast between the cold image showcased by prosecutor Kang Ho and the fresh image showcased by Kang Ho who has gone back to his young self. The stories of a mother and son, the village people of Jowoori, and Kang Ho and his friends will be interesting from start to finish, without a moment to be bored.”

Spoiler

Lee-Do-Hyun-3.jpgLee-Do-Hyun-5-1.jpegLee-Do-Hyun-6-1.jpeg

Check out Esquire’s May issue for Lee Do Hyun’s full pictorial and interview!

“The Good Bad Mother” starring Lee Do Hyun and Ra Mi Ran premieres on April 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1581410wpp/lee-do-hyun-describes-his-acting-concerns-what-hes-learned-from-the-good-bad-mother-co-star-ra-mi-ran-and-more

• Like 2

D-1 ‘Bad Mom’ Full package of laughter and emotion… “All genres are available”

image_readtop_2023_316491_16823828415444

'Bad Mom' revealed the points to watch ahead of the first episode. JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Bad Mother' (Director Shim Na-yeon, Screenplay Bae Se-young, Production Drama House Studio? SLL? Film Monster), which will be released for the first time on the 26th, is a mother Young-soon (Ra Mi-ran) who had no choice but to be a bad mother for her child. It is a touching healing comedy in which a son, Kang-ho (played by Lee Do-hyun), who became a child in an unexpected accident, searches for lost happiness.

It is only after everything is reset that the special story of the mother and child who set out to find true happiness is expected to give a calm impression in a pleasant laugh.

# Synergy of Ra Mi-ran, Lee Do-hyun, Ahn Eun-jin, and Yoo In-soo The combination of Ra Mi-ran, Lee Do-hyun, Ahn Eun-jin, and Yoo In-soo is the reason for waiting for 'Bad Mother'. Ra Mi-Ran takes on the role of Jin Young-Soon, a bad mother who has lived a tenacious life to protect her child. She is a character who decides to be a bad mother in order not to inherit the pain of poverty and ignorance.

Ra Mi-ran, who will prove her broad acting spectrum, said, “I am sure that once you see it, it is a work that will make you wait for the next one. The eventful life of Jin Young-soon, a bad mother, is about to begin, so please join her on that journey,” she said.

Lee Do-hyun is going to transform into the son of a prosecutor, Choi Kang-ho, who became a child in an unexpected accident. It shows the characters' conflicting charms as well as complex emotions mixed with resentment, love-hate, and affection.

Lee Do-hyun said, “It seems to be a special work with all genres. It will be a warm and happy drama, so please don't miss it and watch it."

Ahn Eun-jin is divided into Lee Mi-joo, Choi Kang-ho's old friend and her only resting place.

He said, “I think you can feel the energy of laughing and having fun from the first broadcast. Please watch the story of the warm people of Jou-ri together,” he encouraged viewers.

Yoo In-soo, who played the role of ‘Bang Sam-shik’, a troublemaker in the village who has a crush on Lee Mi-joo (Ahn Eun-jin), also said, “I hope you experience the laughter and emotion I felt while reading the script. All the staff and actors, including the director and writer, filmed with all their heart. We hope that our efforts will be delivered with pleasure.”

# Sometimes pleasant, sometimes heartwarming, healing comedy Director Sim Na-yeon, who directed ‘The Host’, the winner of the Best Drama Award in the TV category at the 57th Baeksang Arts Awards, and writer Bae Se-young, who was recognized for her writing skills in the films ‘Life is Beautiful’, ‘Extreme Job’ and ‘Perfect Others’, cannot be overlooked.

“Every mother in the world had the thought that she could only be a bad mother to her children,” she said. ‘Bad Mother’ is the story of all the good mothers in the world who become bad mothers the more love they have for their children.”

At the same time, as director Shim Na-yeon said, “It is a genre that combines human and comedy,” a pleasant laugh is also a point to look forward to.

She once said, “Based on the story of Yeong-soon and Kang-ho, various characters appear and their episodes become surrounding stories, making me feel both laughter and emotion alternately.” Such diverse characters and stories will add to the fun of various genres and show the essence of a healing comedy that has never been seen before.

# ‘Tension-inducing’ Villain Duo → ‘Hard Carry’ Jo Woo-ri Family

The performance of the acting masters is also worth paying attention to. As veteran actors such as Jung Woong-in, Choi Moo-seong, Seo Yi-suk, Kim Won-hae, Jang Won-young, and Kang Mal-geum, who can be trusted just by hearing their names, joined in large numbers, the drama increases tension and adds reality. First, Jung Woong-in and Choi Moo-seong transform into a villain duo in charge of the 'Axis of Evil'.

Oh Tae-soo (Jung Woong-in), a former prosecutor and member of the National Assembly, and Song Woo-byeok (Choi Moo-seong), the chairman of Woobyeok Group, who are seeking a connection with him, hold the center of gravity with their overwhelming presence.

In addition, Ms. Park (Seo Yi-sook), the mother of Momcrush Sam-shik (Yoo In-soo), Lee Jang (Kim Won-hae), the spiritual supporter of the residents of Jou-ri, the president of the mill and Sam-shik's father, Youth Association (Jang Won-young), and his affection for Young-soon are extraordinary. The Jo Woo-ri family, including Mi-joo's mother Jeong (played by Kang Mal-geum), invigorates the play with hard-carry performances that smell like people.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2023/04/316491/

• Like 1

Premiere Watch: The Good Bad Mother

by missvictrix

Time slot: Wednesday-Thursday
Broadcaster: JTBC
Genre: Drama, comedy, family, slice-of-life
Episode count: 14

Reasons to watch: Hot off the heels of his rip-snorting success in The Glory, Lee Do-hyun finally gets the attention he deserves starring side by side with the ever-wonderful Ra Mi-ran (seriously, never a mediocre performance from this woman). The story sounds like a real tear-jerker, but I imagine the drama will do the best of jobs balancing the heartache (broken hearts, broken relationships, and tragic accidents) with the heart-warming (healing, restoration, and a good belly laugh or ten).

Everything about this drama screams quality to me — might it be one of the critical successes of 2023 when we look back on the year? — but I’m still in the wondering phase. I want to watch, but can I handle the tears that are a part of this story? To further make that answer “Yes!” we also have Ahn Eun-jin and Yoo In-soo in secondary roles here — the former who deserves so much more recognition, and the latter who is happily getting it.

TL;DR: Get ready to laugh and cry with this feel-good drama that screams quality

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/04/premiere-watch-the-good-bad-mother/

• Like 2

Watch: Lee Do Hyun Remains Unwavering As Ahn Eun Jin Flirts With Him In “The Good Bad Mother” Preview

Watch: Lee Do Hyun Remains Unwavering As Ahn Eun Jin Flirts With Him In “The Good Bad Mother” Preview

“The Good Bad Mother” has shared a preview of its premiere episode!

“The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son unexpectedly becomes like a young child again. Lee Do Hyun will star as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who has a fraught relationship with his mother Young Soon (Ra Mi Ran)—until he loses his memory in an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self.

The preview clip of the first episode kicks off by showing Kang Ho and Mi Joo (Ahn Eun Jin) who seem to be stuck in the school’s storage room with no way to call for help. Mi Joo starts to grumble about the situation, and she finds a candy in her pocket. When she proudly offers Kang Ho to share half, Kang Ho rejects her offer flatly, saying, “I don’t like candy.” Mi Joo replies with a smirk, “That’s ok. You just have to like me.”

Mi Joo, who gets irritated by Kang Ho’s unwavering attitude at her flirty line, cups his face and tries to make him look at her. The next moment, Kang Ho starts to say out loud some lines which appear to be a part of a love poem, making Mi Joo’s heart flutter.

Watch the full preview below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGQqN49XYfc

“The Good Bad Mother” will premiere on April 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1582808wpp/watch-lee-do-hyun-remains-unwavering-as-ahn-eun-jin-flirts-with-him-in-the-good-bad-mother-preview

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

“The Good Bad Mother” Kicks Off To Promising Start

“The Good Bad Mother” Kicks Off To Promising Start

“The Glory” star Lee Do Hyun’s new drama “The Good Bad Mother” has joined the ratings race!

On April 26, JTBC’s “The Good Bad Mother” kicked off its run with an average nationwide viewership rating of 3.588 percent according to Nielsen Korea.

“The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son unexpectedly becomes like a young child again. Lee Do Hyun stars as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who has a fraught relationship with his mother Young Soon (Ra Mi Ran)—until he loses his memory in an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1583005wpp/the-good-bad-mother-kicks-off-to-promising-start

• Like 1