[Drama 2023] Revenant/The Devil,악귀

larus

by Lily Alice, July 29, 2023
5 0

The horror thriller Revenant scored a nationwide rating of 10.3% for its 11th episode, a slight decline since its previous episode's viewership of 10.9%. Nevertheless, it continues to retain its double-digit ratings and remains one of the most-watched weekend shows on the local broadcasting network SBS TV (South Korea) and the global platform Disney+ in Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, and Taiwan.

RB0yOY_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Revenant?

Episode 12 of Revenant will air on July 29 (Sunday). The K-drama is available to stream on Disney+ Hotstar

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-tae-ri-s-revenant-heads-into-finale-with-double-digit-ratings

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 12 *Last episode*!:).

“Revenant” Ends On All-Time Ratings High + “The Uncanny Counter 2” Premieres To Higher Ratings Than Season 1

“Revenant” Ends On All-Time Ratings High + “The Uncanny Counter 2” Premieres To Higher Ratings Than Season 1

SBS’s “Revenant” has gone out on a high note!

On July 29, the popular thriller ended on the highest viewership ratings of its entire run. According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of “Revenant” scored an average nationwide rating of 11.2 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all channels and setting a new personal record for the drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1603802wpp/revenant-ends-on-all-time-ratings-high-the-uncanny-counter-2-premieres-to-higher-ratings-than-season-1

• Like 1

I totally agree that Kim Tae ri's acting in this drama is deserving of an award. Her acting switching between SY and HG was commendable. That scene of her with her head thrown back and then screaming for water, made me freaked out!

• Like 1

Oh Jung Se Postpones “Revenant” Interviews After Testing Positive For COVID-19

Jul 30, 2023
by E. Cha

20230730061133_Oh-Jung-Se.jpg?s=900x600&

Oh Jung Se has been diagnosed with COVID-19.

On July 30, Oh Jung Se’s agency Prain TPC announced that the actor would be postponing his interviews for his drama “Revenant,” which were scheduled to take place the following day.

“Oh Jung Se’s COVID-19 test results came back positive today,” stated Prain TPC, before explaining that due to safety concerns, “we have postponed his post-finale interviews [for ‘Revenant’]. We are currently in the process of adjusting his future schedule.”

Oh Jung Se was originally scheduled to participate in a round of interviews on July 31 following the conclusion of “Revenant,” which ended on the highest viewership ratings of its entire run on July 29.

Wishing the actor a speedy recovery!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1603862wpp/oh-jung-se-postpones-revenant-interviews-after-testing-positive-for-covid-19

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2023] Revenant/The Devil,악귀
by Lily Alice, July 30, 2023
23 3

The SBS horror thriller Revenant aired its finale on July 29, and the drama concluded with an average nationwide viewership of 11.2%, its highest of all time. Revenant commenced with a rating of 9.9% and progressed to double-digit ratings from episode 2. 

About halfway through, the drama's domestic rating took a drastic turn, and the sixth episode brought the series its lowest viewership of 9.5%. However, it quickly jumped back to its usual double-digit viewership from the seventh episode and maintained that streak until the finale. The average domestic rating of the series is 10.4%. 

Revenant has also been a hit drama on Disney+ in Asian countries like Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, and Taiwan (FlixPatrol). 

2wdJ7E_2f.png

Where to watch the K-drama Revenant?

All the episodes of Revenant are available to stream on Disney+.

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-tae-ri-s-revenant-concludes-with-its-personal-best-rating

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Watching this is bittersweet, driving home that the drama really is over. Will definitely miss our intrepid trio and this  fascinating universe so meticulously crafted by Kim Eun Hee...

• Like 1

20230806185103_Revenant-King-the-Land.jp“Revenant” And “King The Land” Sweep Top Spots On Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings

Aug 6, 2023
by E. Cha

SBS’s “Revenant” and JTBC’s “King the Land” dominated this week’s rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members!

In its final week on air, “Revenant” remained No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the TV dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

Not only did “Revenant” top the list of buzzworthy dramas for the second consecutive week, but its cast also claimed three of the top 10 spots on this week’s actor list. Kim Tae Ri and Oh Jung Se remained No. 3 and No. 4 respectively, while Shim Dal Gi rose to No. 10 for the week.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the fourth week of July are as follows:

1. JTBC “King the Land”
  2. SBS “Revenant”
  3. tvN “The Uncanny Counter 2: Counter Punch”
  4. TV Chosun “Durian’s Affair”
  5. KBS2 “The Real Has Come!”
  6. ENA “Longing for You”
  7. ENA “Not Others
  8. tvN “My Lovely Liar”
  9. MBC “Numbers
  10. KBS2 “Woman in a Veil

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Lee Junho (“King the Land”)
  2. YoonA (“King the Land”)
  3. Kim Tae Ri (“Revenant”)
  4. Oh Jung Se (“Revenant”)
  5. Jung Hae In (“D.P. 2”)
  6. Goo Kyo Hwan (“D.P. 2”)
  7. Baek Jin Hee (“The Real Has Come!”)
  8. Park Joo Mi (“Durian’s Affair”)
  9. Son Suk Ku (“D.P. 2”)
  10. Shim Dal Gi (“Revenant”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1605598wpp/revenant-and-king-the-land-sweep-top-spots-on-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-rankings

Spoiler

Kim Tae Ri And Hong Kyung To Voice Upcoming Animated Film “Lost In Starlight”

Kim Tae Ri And Hong Kyung To Voice Upcoming Animated Film “Lost In Starlight”

FI

Kim Tae Ri and Hong Kyung will be voicing the main characters for the upcoming animated film “Lost in Starlight”!

Produced by Climax Studio of the “Hellbound” and the “D.P.” series, “Lost in Starlight” is Netflix’s first Korean animated film which will depict the long distance relationship between astronaut Nan Young and musician Jay.

Kim Tae Ri, who has built a solid filmography across different genres such as the drama “Twenty-Five Twenty-One” as well as the films “Space Sweepers” and “Alienoid,” will take on the challenge of voice acting for the first time as Nan Young. Nan Young is an astronaut selected for the fourth Mars exploration project in 2050, who wants to go to Mars to find traces of her scientist mother who failed to return to Earth due to an accident.

Hong Kyung, who impressed through the drama “Weak Hero Class 1” and the film “Innocence,” will play the role of Jay, a musician who falls in love with Nan Young. After Jay and Nan Young’s first encounter by chance, they reunite again like fate through a turntable which is Nan Young’s mother’s memento.

Kim-TR-Hong-K2.jpeg

Kim-TR-Hong-K.jpeg

Kim-Tae-Ri_Hong-Kyung.jpeg

Kim Tae Ri and Hong Kyung recently showcased unique chemistry in the drama “Revenant” as a woman possessed by a demon and a detective tracking down a mysterious death. Anticipation is high for the two actors’ heart-fluttering romance that jumps back and forth between Earth and Mars.

Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1607333wpp/kim-tae-ri-and-hong-kyung-to-voice-upcoming-animated-film-lost-in-starlight

• 3 months later...

[2023 Year in Review] Bean of Greatness

by DB Staff

We’re bringing back our Bean series this year! Because sometimes you just need to wax poetic about which dramas you’re giving your beans to, and why. After all, summing up, sorting out, and making blanket pronouncements is what the 2023 Year in Review is all about.

Not to be confused with the famous Editors’ Picks, this bean series is much like our other DB team posts — each writer sharing their feels. Add your own personal Bean of Greatness in the comments and join the fun!

solstices: An occult thriller steeped in Korean folklore, Revenant offers a nuanced exploration into the depths of cruelty and desire, alongside the strength of connection and trust. Writer Kim Eun-hee’s extensive research shines through in how much of the supernatural occurrences are grounded in reality, shedding light on traditional customs and demonstrating their influence on the modern psyche. Filled with compelling characters and peppered with bits of dry humor, the show strikes a thoughtful balance between a suspenseful investigative mystery and a stark portrayal of humanity in all its selfishness and selflessness. While the otherworldly spirits may be eerie or even malevolent, more often than not it is humans who are the true horror. With every new revelation comes a sobering realization of the depravity that can manifest from avarice, and the despair that can coalesce from spite. Yet humans are also equally capable of courage and compassion, and it is these qualities that weave a thread of hope amidst the sorrow. Undoubtedly my favorite show of the year, Revenant is a poignant tale elevated by phenomenal acting, atmospheric directing, and a deeply moving script.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/12/2023-year-in-review-bean-of-greatness/

• 3 weeks later...

Lee Je-hoon, Han Seok-gyu, Kim Tae-ri, and Kim Rae-won, grand prize candidates for the ‘2023 SBS Drama Awards’

news_1703636703_1310901_m_1.jpeg

Tae-ri Kim of ‘Ghost’, which attracted attention even before the start due to the meeting of writer Eun-hee Kim and Tae-ri Kim, a popular actor, is also a worthy candidate for the grand prize. In the Korean-style occult mystery ‘Ghost’, Kim Tae-ri captivated the small screen by perfectly portraying the difficult role of a demon and an ordinary civil service exam student. Kim Tae-ri's acting also received favorable reviews, and 'Ghost' recorded an average viewership rating of over 10% despite being a somewhat minor genre.

https://www.dailian.co.kr/news/view/1310901

I am rooting for her. I think Lee Je Hoon will win Daesang this year but I am sure Kim Tae Ri will win the Best actress award.

Park So-yi, ‘Cute~’ (2023 SBS Drama Awards)

03.35443786.1.jpg

Child actress Park So-yi is taking steps by attending the '2023 SBS Gayo Daejeon' red carpet event held at SBS Prism Tower in Sangam-dong, Seoul on the afternoon of the 29th.

https://www.hankyung.com/article/202312291273H

image_readtop_2023_993640_17038443625772

https://mksports.co.kr/view/2023/993640

Ghost' Hong Kyung attends the awards ceremony wearing a black ribbon

1cf23d8934d35d.jpg

https://www.joynews24.com/view/1671021

• Like 1

Kim Won-hae attends the 2023 SBS Drama Awards

NISI20231229_0020178040_web.jpg?rnd=2023

Actor Kim Won-hae is posing at the 2023 SBS Drama Awards held at the Prism Tower in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 29th. 2023.12.29. jini@newsis.com

https://www.newsis.com/view/?id=NISI20231229_0020178040

Yang Hye-ji attends the acting awards for her role as ‘Ghost’/Revenant

246238_260431_4035.jpg

The ‘2023 SBS Drama Awards’ was held at the SBS Prism Tower in Sangam-dong on the afternoon of the 29th. Actress Yang Hye-ji is attending the red carpet event held prior to the awards ceremony. The ‘2023 SBS Drama Awards’ were hosted by Shin Dong-yeop and Kim Yoo-jung.

https://news.nate.com/view/20231229n25847?mid=e1100

Actress Kim Tae-ri poses on the red carpet for the 2023 SBS Drama Awards held at SBS Prism Tower in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul on the 29th.

PYH2023122913050001300_P4.jpg

I like Tae ri`s dress and her short hairstyle.

• Like 1

Jin Seon-gyu attends the Drama Awards

PYH2023122913250001300_P4.jpg

Spoiler

PYH2023122913260001300_P4.jpg

(Seoul = Yonhap News) Reporter Ryu Hyo-rim = Actor Jin Seon-gyu is posing on the red carpet for the 2023 SBS Drama Awards held at SBS Prism Tower in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul on the 29th.

https://www.yna.co.kr/view/PYH20231229132500013?input=1196m

2023122920120491735_1.jpg

https://www.starnewskorea.com/stview.php?no=2023122920120491735

• Like 1

At the SBS ‘2023 SBS Drama Awards’ aired on the 29th, Kang Yoo-seok, Kwon Ah-reum, Kim Do-hoon, Yang Hye-ji, Lee Shin-young, Lee Hong-nae, and Jeong Soo-bin won the Rookie Acting Award.

A7GI6377VIPKCBOASAFOZXYQKU.jpg

Nominees for Best New Actor Award include Kang Yoo-seok for 'The Law', Kwon Ah-reum for 'National Death Penalty Vote', Kim Do-hoon for 'Escape of the Seven', Yang Hye-ji for 'Ghosts', Lee Shin-young for 'Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3', and 'Romantic Doctor Kim'. Lee Hong-nae of ‘Master 3’ and Su-bin Jeong of ‘Trolley’ were named.

The winners of the New Actor Award were Kang Yoo-seok for 'The Law', Kwon A-reum for 'National Death Penalty Vote', Kim Do-hoon for 'Escape of the Seven', Yang Hye-ji for 'Ghost', Lee Shin-young for 'Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3', and 'Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim'. Lee Hong-nae of '3' and Su-bin Jeong of 'Trolley' all received awards.

Shin Dong-yeop said, “They said they prepared a special time this year because there were so many new actors who performed well.” When asked who comes to mind right now, Areum Kwon responded nervously, "I can't think of anyone right now," causing everyone around her to burst into laughter.

https://biz.chosun.com/entertainment/enter_general/2023/12/29/724KM2DQWPZKEI3C4KEVMSFLW4/

• Like 1

‘Proof of strong presence’ Park So-i × Ahn Chae-heum win the Youth Acting Award in the female category! #SBS Drama Awards #SBS Drama

'Ghost' Kim Won-hae and 'Trolley' Jeong Soon-won won Best Supporting Actor... “Thank you” [SBS Drama Awards]

optimize

Kim Won-hae and Jeong Soon-won won the Best Supporting Actor Award. Starting at 8:40 pm on the 29th, the '2023 SBS Drama Awards' was held at the SBS Prism Tower in Sangam, hosted by MCs Shin Dong-yeop and Kim Yu-jung, and actors Kim Won-hae and Jung Soon-won held the supporting actor trophy.

Kim Won-hae and Jeong Soon-won won the Best Supporting Actor Award. Starting at 8:40 pm on the 29th, the '2023 SBS Drama Awards' was held at the SBS Prism Tower in Sangam, hosted by MCs Shin Dong-yeop and Kim Yu-jung, and actors Kim Won-hae and Jung Soon-won held the supporting actor trophy.

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?5276060

‘Ghost’ Kim Won-hae wins Best Supporting Actor in Miniseries Genre/Action!

• Like 1

‘Ghost’ Jin Seon-gyu wins the Best Performance Award!

Lee Joon×Hong Kyung for 'Action Without Sparing the Body' wins Outstanding Performance in Miniseries Genre/Action Male!

'Escape from 7' Lee Joon X 'Demon' Hong Kyung honoured with Best Actor award [2023 SBS Acting Awards]

image_readtop_2023_994051_17038593025772

‘Escape of the Seven’ Lee Joon and ‘Ghost’ Hong Kyung won the Outstanding Acting Award in the miniseries genre/action category at the ‘2023 SBS Drama Awards’.

Hong Kyung then said, “The things she did while fighting with Kim Tae-ri remain in my memory a lot. In addition, I am grateful to the other actors, directors, writers, and agency staff. I also want to tell my parents that I love them so much. “I will continue to do more meaningful things in my 20s and then turn 30,” he said.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2023/12/994051/

• Like 1

2023 SBS Drama Awards] Lee Je-hoon and Kim Tae-ri ‘joint grand prize’ in memory of the late Lee Sun-kyun (comprehensive)

image_readtop_2023_994087_17038661415772

On this day, the grand prize trophies went to Lee Je-hoon and Kim Tae-ri. Lee Je-hoon played the role of Kim Do-gi, a Rainbow Transportation taxi driver, in ‘Model Taxi 2’, which recorded the highest viewer ratings for SBS drama in 2023, and gave viewers a pleasant cider. Tae-ri Kim captivated the small screen with his creepy dual roles in ‘Ghost’, a well-made genre film that opened a new door to the Korean occult.

Kim Tae-ri, who came on stage first, said, “I am grateful to the director, writer, and actors for answering my numerous questions. “It was not an easy job, but I think the reason I was happier than ever was thanks to my colleagues who stayed with me until the end,” she said.

She continued, “This is a work where the process is more important than the result. Nevertheless, I am grateful to the viewers who made it a good result. Lastly, I am grateful to the staff who created ‘Ghost’ together. I would like to share this award with all my colleagues. I'm still learning as an actor, but someday I want to become an actor who can share everything I've learned and received. Until then, I will be grateful and work hard. “I hope you have a happy new year and stay healthy,” she said.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2023/12/994087/

• Like 1

Lee Jae-hoon, Kim Tae-ri jointly win '2023 SBS Acting Awards'...

At the SBS ‘2023 SBS Drama Awards’ aired on the 29th, Kim Tae-ri of ‘Ghost’ and Lee Je-hoon of ‘Model Taxi 2’ won the acting grand prize. On this day, the candidates for the 2023 SBS Drama Awards were Lee Je-hoon of the drama 'Model Taxi 2', Han Seok-gyu of 'Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3', Kim Tae-ri of 'Ghost', and Kim Rae-won of 'The Police Station Next to the Fire Station and the National Forensic Service'.

202312300111773683_658ef026e91b8.jpg

Studio S CEO Han Jeong-hwan and actor Kim Nam-gil appeared as grand prize presenters. Kim Nam-gil drew attention by saying, “Many actors gave great performances. I hope many actors reach comfort level next year.” The grand prize was jointly awarded to Kim Tae-ri of 'Ghost' and Lee Je-hoon of 'Model Taxi 2'. Before sharing their thoughts, the two decided who would play rock, paper, scissors first, making everyone around them laugh. Tae-ri Kim said, "Recently, I read an article by a film director. The moment the script is completed, you begin to be chased by fear. It was about the actors you will meet on set and the many questions they ask."

202312300111773683_658ef0275c8fd.jpg

Kim Tae-ri said, "I am grateful to the director, writer, and colleagues who answered my numerous questions. It was by no means an easy work, and the process was more important than the result, but I am grateful to the viewers who made it a good result."

Tae-ri Kim said, “I want to share this great award with all my colleagues.” Kim Tae-ri continued, "I'm still learning, but I want to become an actor who can share everything I've learned someday. I will work hard until then. I hope you have a happy new year and stay healthy and healthy."

http://www.osen.co.kr/article/G1112247578

• Love 1