[Drama 2022] Red Balloon - 빨간 풍선

0ly40

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Reborn Rich” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High As “Red Balloon” Premieres To Promising Start

Meanwhile, TV Chosun’s new drama “Red Balloon” got off to a promising start, premiering to an average nationwide rating of 3.7 percent.

“Reborn Rich” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High As “Red Balloon” Premieres To Promising Start | Soompi

• Like 1

So far, the only one that seems interested in an affair in the 1st main female lead. The way she looks at her BFF husband has serious longing. BFF husband does not YET have that longing look for her. 2nd female lead seems that she is BFF as a charity case and 1st female lead is a jerk. I'm interested so far, but have serious reservations concerning this writer who also wrote Revolutionary Sisters. With her track record, there will definitely be an affair somewhere.

Watch: Seo Ji Hye, Hong Soo Hyun, And Lee Sung Jae Face Ups And Downs In “Red Balloon” Teaser

dummy.png?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 18, 2022
by AliG

TV Chosun has released a teaser for its new miniseries “Red Balloon”!

Starring Seo Ji Hye, Lee Sung Jae, Hong Soo Hyun, and Lee Sang Woo, “Red Balloon” is a thrilling yet passionate story about the sense of deprivation we all feel when comparing ourselves to others, the thirst of jealous ambition, and our struggles to quench that thirst. Seo Ji Hye stars as Jo Eun Kang, who dreams of becoming a teacher but instead works as a tutor after consistently failing her employment exams. Lee Sang Woo plays Han Ba Da (Hong Soo Hyun)’s husband Go Cha Won, who is a dermatologist.

The teaser stars with Jo Eun Kang dancing joyfully in the rain as though she doesn’t have a care in the world, then shifting to a time in the past when high schoolers Jo Eun Kang and Han Ba Da made a pinky promise to be friends. As they declare, “We’re friends,” the scene overlaps with the image of them hugging in the present, further emphasizing their solid friendship.

Things then begin to take a turn for the worse, with Han Ba Da looking worried as she notices three pearls are missing in a collection. As soon as she finishes speaking, Jo Eun Kang says determinedly, “We have to find them today.” The voice of Kwon Tae Gi (Seol Jung Hwan) can be heard saying, “I have to resort to putting on all kinds of shows to please my friends.”

Meanwhile, Ji Nam Chul (Lee Sung Jae) works hard but still ends up being scolded by his father-in-law Go Mul Sang (Yoon Joo Sang). With a stony expression, he laments how his father-in-law will always find a way to put him down no matter how hard he works, signaling changes coming for him and his life.

Later, Jo Eun Kang is confronted by both her younger sister Jo Eun San (Jung Yoo Min) and Kwon Tae Gi in voice-over, and her expression clearly gives away how anxious she is at hearing them speculate about the man she has on her mind. As she looks at Han Ba Da and Go Cha Won’s wedding photo, she says, “It seems like it’s mine, but it actually isn’t. It’s like a person I can’t reach.” The scene then shifts to show Go Cha Won gently treating a wound on Jo Eun Kang’s knee, and their gazes meet.

The teaser ends with Go Cha Won moving towards Jo Eun Kang as though he’s about to kiss her, and Jo Eun Kang’s voice can be heard saying, “You know this is a secret from Ba Da, right?”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1558772wpp/watch-seo-ji-hye-hong-soo-hyun-and-lee-sung-jae-face-ups-and-downs-in-red-balloon-teaser

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” Earns Its Highest Ratings Yet + “Red Balloon” Rises For 2nd Episode

Meanwhile, TV Chosun’s new drama “Red Balloon” enjoyed a significant rise in viewership for its second episode. Despite facing stiff competition from “Alchemy of Souls Part 2,” which airs in the same time slot, “Red Balloon” climbed to an average nationwide rating of 4.5 percent for the night.

“Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” Earns Its Highest Ratings Yet + “Red Balloon” Rises For 2nd Episode | Soompi

• Like 2

Okay. BFF husband is showing slight attraction to the main female lead with her boyfriend being even more of a scum of the earth; she is too much of a doormat trying to secure her future. Her BFF is acting like she is the man of the marriage. This strong independent woman trope in marriage is played out just like the idea of a doormat wife. Her MIL is a piece of work no doubt, but her daughter is learning disrespectful behavior from her! This little girl is five years old saying she hates her grandma.

• Like 1

Red Balloon: Episodes 1-2 (First Impressions)

by missvictrix

RedBalloon01_1.jpg

This drama is a bit nuts! I don’t remember the last time I met a drama that did in-your-face melo, physical comedy, and satire — and all in the space of the same five minutes. Welcome to Red Balloon.

EPISODES 1-2 FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I was very curious what the tone of this drama would be like. Everything about it sounded like a classic TV Chosun melo, but the genres of “family” and “comedy” were also tossed about. Then I turned on the first episode and was immediately greeted by the same-sounding OST that every melodrama has (if you know, you know). But, then, in the middle of all the melo setup, there really was a ton of comedy.

The most important relationship of the drama is the decades-long friendship of JO EUN-KANG (Seo Ji-hye) and HAN BADA (Hong Soo-hyun). In a flashback we see how they met in high school, and the moments they shared that solidified their close friendship. But for two women that love each other and seem to have a deep bond, they couldn’t be more different.

Twenty years later the women are still fast friends, but our heroine Eun-kang is still struggling to make ends meet. She’s very much the closed book, and it’s a sharp contrast to the heart-on-her-sleeve Bada, who’s sophisticated, well-off, and runs a jewelry company. In contrast, Eun-kang does odd jobs and errands for Bada’s jewelry company — things like making deliveries that put her in situations where she’s put down, scoffed at, and belittled. Even golden retrievers dislike her (and do they really dislike anyone??).

When she’s not being an errand girl, Eun-kang also tutors — and one of her pupils, so to speak, is her absolute waste of a boyfriend KWON TAE-GI (Seol Jung-hwan). He’s been studying for the civil service exam for years, while Eun-kang basically acts as his personal maid and cheerleader. It’s one of the most toxic K-drama relationships I’ve seen in years, frankly.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/12/red-balloon-episodes-1-2-first-impressions/

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 3! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Reborn Rich” Heads Into Finale On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “Red Balloon” Hits New All-Time High

Meanwhile, TV Chosun’s new drama “Red Balloon” also rose to its highest ratings yet for its third episode, which earned a nationwide average of 5.1 percent.

“Reborn Rich” Heads Into Finale On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “Red Balloon” Hits New All-Time High | Soompi

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 4! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Reborn Rich” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet; “Red Balloon” Soars To New All-Time High

Meanwhile, TV Chosun’s new drama “Red Balloon” continued its upward climb, rising to a new all-time high of 6.1 percent for its fourth episode.

“Reborn Rich” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet; “Red Balloon” Soars To New All-Time High | Soompi

• Like 1

The most interesting "affair" looks to be the Ji Nam-Cheol / Jo Eun-San May/December romance, which to me is far worse than the other potential affairs, as the former involves a full, intact family. I'm not particularly fond of them, insomuch as my own dad (48 at the time) left my mom and me for a 19-year old, who ended up suing me after dad died at 60 for his six-figure tax debt, which I'm still paying 30 years later. So I'm a bit biased in that :P

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Red Balloon - 빨간 풍선 - Seo Ji Hye, Lee San Woo, Hong Soo Hyun, Lee Sung Jae - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST

Here are the ratings for Episode's 5 and 6! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” And “Red Balloon” Soar To New All-Time Highs In Viewership Ratings

Episode 5:

Tv Chosun #RedBallon 5.8%

And Episode 6

TV Chosun’s “Red Balloon” also marked its highest ratings record by scoring 7.032 percent. The drama’s previous personal best was 6.1 percent achieved by episode 4.

Cr. Kdramaratings and

“Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” And “Red Balloon” Soar To New All-Time Highs In Viewership Ratings | Soompi

• Like 1

Lee Sang Woo And Seo Ji Hye Exchange Dangerous Gazes In “Red Balloon”

Lee Sang Woo And Seo Ji Hye Exchange Dangerous Gazes In “Red Balloon”

Red Balloon” has shared a sneak peek of Lee Sang Woo and Seo Ji Hye’s dangerous rendezvous together!

Starring Seo Ji Hye, Lee Sung JaeHong Soo Hyun, and Lee Sang Woo, “Red Balloon” is a thrilling yet passionate story about the sense of deprivation we all feel when comparing ourselves to others, the thirst of jealous ambition, and our struggles to quench that thirst. Seo Ji Hye stars as Jo Eun Kang, who dreams of becoming a teacher but instead works as a tutor after consistently failing her employment exams. Lee Sang Woo plays Han Ba Da’s (Hong Soo Hyun’s) husband Go Cha Won, who is a dermatologist.

Spoilers

Previously in episode 6 of “Red Balloon,” Jo Eun Kang’s misunderstanding about her friend of 20 years Han Ba Da as well as her longtime desire for Go Cha Won continued to build. Jo Eun Kang turned cold to Han Ba Da, who introduced her to a divorced man with a child, and made a plan to go to Sokcho alone with just Go Cha Won.

Amidst all this, the newly released stills capture Jo Eun Kang and Go Cha Won spending a good time together at the beach at night, building tension. Jo Eun Kang, who is usually calm and expressionless, shows a big bright smile that has never been seen before, and Go Cha Won takes off his jacket and puts it around Jo Eun Kang affectionately.

red-balloon004.jpg

red-balloon006.jpg

In the next stills, Go Cha Won grabs Jo Eun Kang to save her from stumbling. As their eyes meet, they stand still while exchanging gazes. Viewers are curious to find out what will happen by the end of their long night at the beach where there are just the two of them.

Spoiler

red-balloon003.jpg

red-balloon002.jpg

red-balloon005.jpg

red-balloon001.jpg

The production team remarked, “Jo Eun Kang, who turns to the dark side, will surprise viewers with her meticulous plans that no one can expect. Please look forward to this week’s broadcast which will feature a prelude to the breathtaking whirlwind in which [viewers] can see whether Go Cha Won will be shaken by Jo Eun Kang, who approaches him straightforwardly.”

The next episode of “Red Balloon” airs on January 7 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Lee Sang Woo And Seo Ji Hye Exchange Dangerous Gazes In “Red Balloon” | Soompi

• Like 2

Yoon Joo Sang Coldly Stares Down His Suspicious Son-In-Law Lee Sung Jae In “Red Balloon”

Yoon Joo Sang Coldly Stares Down His Suspicious Son-In-Law Lee Sung Jae In “Red Balloon”

Red Balloon” has previewed Lee Sung Jae and Yoon Joo Sang’s private meeting!

Starring Seo Ji Hye, Lee Sung Jae, Hong Soo Hyun, and Lee Sang Woo, “Red Balloon” is a thrilling yet passionate story about the sense of deprivation we all feel when comparing ourselves to others, the thirst of jealous ambition, and our struggles to quench that thirst. Seo Ji Hye stars as Jo Eun Kang, who dreams of becoming a teacher but instead works as a tutor after consistently failing her employment exams.

Spoilers

In the previous broadcast, the affair between Ji Nam Chul (Lee Sung Jae) and Jo Eun San (Jung Yoo Min) officially got out of hand. After inviting Ji Nam Chul to an office hotel, Jo Eun San tightly held on to him out of sorrow and pain and pleaded that they live together for a month. Although initially telling her not to do anything she might regret, Ji Nam Chul eventually broke down, leading the pair to cross a line with a kiss.

The newly released stills capture the tense atmosphere of a private meeting between Lee Sung Jae and Yoon Joo Sang. When Go Mul Sang (Yoon Joo Sang) suddenly calls his son-in-law Ji Nam Chul out for a drink, he nervously obliges. Although he tries to calm down, Ji Nam Chul’s sweaty and shaky hands give away how nervous he is, raising suspicion. At the same time, Go Mul Sang stares him down with a cold gaze. How much does Go Mul Sang know about Ji Nam Chul’s affair to ask for this private meeting?

Lee-Sung-Jae.jpgLee-Sung-Jae-Yoon-Joo-Sang.jpg

Spoiler

Yoon-Joo-Sang.jpg

The drama’s producers shared, “This is a scene where father-in-law Go Mul Sang notices a change in his son-in-law Ji Nam Chul and tries to have a conversation. Please check out this week’s broadcast to find out what influence this private meeting between son-in-law and father-in-law has on the Go family, and see the start of the slowly approaching storm.”

This next episode of “Red Balloon” airs on January 7 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Yoon Joo Sang Coldly Stares Down His Suspicious Son-In-Law Lee Sung Jae In “Red Balloon” | Soompi

• Like 1

Lee Sang Woo’s Mother-In-Law Catches Him And Seo Ji Hye Getting Close On “Red Balloon”

Lee Sang Woo’s Mother-In-Law Catches Him And Seo Ji Hye Getting Close On “Red Balloon”

Get ready for a majorly awkward moment on the next episode of JTBC’s “Red Balloon”!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Red Balloon,” a misunderstanding between Jo Eun Kang (Seo Ji Hye) and her close friend Han Ba Da (Hong Soo Hyun) drove her to start acting on her longtime feelings for Han Ba Da’s husband Go Cha Won (Lee Sang Woo).

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Jo Eun Kang continues her bold pursuit of Go Cha Won—but an intimate moment between the pair is interrupted when his mother-in-law Yeo Jeon Hee (Lee Sang Sook) walks in on the two of them in his and Han Ba Da’s kitchen.

While Jo Eun Kang prepares a meal, Go Cha Won initially places something he’s bought on the countertop and chats with her from a distance. However, he soon steps closer and takes her face into his hands as if examining her, and it is at this moment that Yeo Jeon Hee steps out of a room and witnesses their encounter.

Lee-Sang-Woo-Seo-Ji-Hye.jpgSeo-Ji-Hye.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Sang-Woo.jpgLee-Sang-Sook-Lee-Sang-Woo-Seo-Ji-Hye.jpLee-Sang-Woo-Seo-Ji-Hye-2.jpg

To find out how the shocked Yeo Jeon Hee reacts to what she sees—and what consequences will arise as a result—tune in the next episode of “Red Balloon” on January 7 at 9:10 p.m. KST!

Lee Sang Woo’s Mother-In-Law Catches Him And Seo Ji Hye Getting Close On “Red Balloon” | Soompi

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 7! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” And “Red Balloon” Earn Their Highest Saturday Ratings Yet; “Agency” Premieres To Promising Start

Meanwhile, both JTBC’s “Red Balloon” and tvN’s “Alchemy of Souls Part 2” earned their highest ratings yet for a Saturday (when their ratings are typically lower compared to Sundays). “Red Balloon” scored an average nationwide rating of 6.1 percent.

“Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” And “Red Balloon” Earn Their Highest Saturday Ratings Yet; “Agency” Premieres To Promising Start | Soompi

• Like 1

Adultery glorification. Bada's MIL is a piece of work and so is her own mother. She is a selfish domineering woman that is using the past to manipulate and control her husband that is weak. It will spill over and he may indeed get with her friend which would be foul. Be a man as the head and assert yourself! 

The sister beat her sister's ex for being a dirtbag cheater and she is willingly seducing a married man herself. The mom and dad of Eun Kang are classless with the dad being a cheating dirtbag himself. This writer can't help her gutter-trashy writing. Thank goodness is is only 20 episodes of trash, but hopefully I'm not speaking too soon because this network gets desperate when they have a hit which is how we got stuck with Love, Marriage & Divorce Lyrics!

Here are the ratings for Episode 8! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “Agency” And “Three Bold Siblings” Hit All-Time Highs

Finally, TV Chosun’s “Red Balloon” jumped to an average nationwide rating of 6.9 percent for its latest episode.

“Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “Agency” And “Three Bold Siblings” Hit All-Time Highs | Soompi

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 2:48 AM, Jonah Kyle said:

The most interesting "affair" looks to be the Ji Nam-Cheol / Jo Eun-San May/December romance, which to me is far worse than the other potential affairs, as the former involves a full, intact family. I'm not particularly fond of them, insomuch as my own dad (48 at the time) left my mom and me for a 19-year old, who ended up suing me after dad died at 60 for his six-figure tax debt, which I'm still paying 30 years later. So I'm a bit biased in that :P

Sorry for being nosy but I can't help it. Can the tax people be so powerful that they can get you to pay your father's debt? Sounds like a kdrama loan shark.

Two cheating couples? I am not sure if I like this.

I have always seen Lee San Woo as an upstanding character, seeing him as an adulterer or potential adulterer :smirk:??

Somehow they seem to follow the same type of character in subsequent shows.

The cheating guy in on the way to the airport was a cheating husband in VIP. The posters hated him, so did I.  Doesn't augur well for LSW's fans.

Is there anyone nice in here? The SFL is a doormat wife, perhaps she's nice in an exasperating way.

I am going to try to watch this.

I am sure the young woman thought that the old guy was rich, that's the only reason a young woman should hitch with an old guy - pragmatism.

What would she do when she found out he was just an employee? I can stay around for that scene.

• Like 1