[Drama 2022] Red Balloon - 빨간 풍선

0ly40

@maribella I still don't like Bada! She was wronged AND she has WRONGED OTHERS. Her revenge tour will run into two roadblocks: Her making out with her ex before her husband cheated AND her child is likely her ex's. Eun Kang has the trump card. That trump card will break even because of her parasite family. Bada doesn’t even raise her own kid. 

1 hour ago, TheQueenReturns said:

@maribella I still don't like Bada! She was wronged AND she has WRONGED OTHERS. Her revenge tour will run into two roadblocks: Her making out with her ex before her husband cheated AND her child is likely her ex's. Eun Kang has the trump card. That trump card will break even because of her parasite family. Bada doesn’t even raise her own kid. 

I don't like all of them :grimace:. If I have to choose which is worse, making out or sleeping with someone, I would say the sexual contact is worse. But to a spouse, that would make little difference, it's just a pre and full cheating, both with the same intention.

BD seemed to take advantage of EK as she was able to do it and get away with it. She seemed to take advantage of the ex-Shin the same way.

EK has been attracted to her husband all along and still remained her friend? Took the easy way out by working for her instead of going somewhere else. If I have to choose the bad guys, I would say, they are the two.  Cheating on a spouse is positively evil to me. The scene with BD and the ex was only one occurence? I FFW a lot so just caught a bit of it.  Her husband did more and worse than that.

She is definitely not a good mother, but it does not mean she had abandoned her kid.

@TheQueenReturns I am sure I won't feel sad for either if they broke up, husband & wife or husband & mistress. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Nam Chul FIL kind of crack me up at times...stingy old

:Megalol: They are working class people, so they would have put in much effort to amass wealth.

BD and her mother seemed really weak clingy people until the last episode 14.  There was another show which had all characters that were hard for viewers to empathise with- just like this show.

Hong Soo Hyun And Lee Sang Woo Are Caught Off Guard By Their Daughter’s Sudden Tears In “Red Balloon”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 10, 2023
by S. Cho

Red Balloon” has shared a preview of Hong Soo Hyun and Lee Sang Woo’s emotional family meal!

TV Chosun’s “Red Balloon” is a thrilling yet passionate story about the sense of deprivation we all feel when comparing ourselves to others, the thirst of jealous ambition, and our struggles to quench that thirst. Seo Ji Hye stars as Jo Eun Kang, who dreams of becoming a teacher but instead works as a tutor after consistently failing her employment exams. Lee Sang Woo plays Han Ba Da’s (Hong Soo Hyun’s) husband Go Cha Won, who is a dermatologist.

Spoilers

In the drama’s previous episode, Han Ba Da came to a life-changing realization when she found substantial evidence of the affair between her husband Go Cha Won and her longtime best friend Jo Eun Kang.

After Han Ba Da’s mother Yeo Jeon Hee (Lee Sang Sook) told her she saw Go Cha Won and Jo Eun Kang kissing, and she heard another account from Kwon Tae Gi (Seol Jung Hwan), Han Ba Da decided to look for more evidence of their affair. While going through Go Cha Won’s car, she discovered his black box and a letter written by Jo Eun Kang after the pair spent the night together. Blinded by rage, Han Ba Da angrily left the car, leaving viewers wondering how she will move forward.

Ahead of the upcoming episode of “Red Balloon,” TV Chosun released photos from a tearful family lunch between Han Ba Da, Go Cha Won, and their daughter Go Mi Poong (Oh Eun Seo).

While eating as a family, Han Ba Da and Go Cha Won are sharing a serious conversation. Han Ba Da appears indifferent while Go Cha Won is trying his best to suppress his emotions, but the two are caught off guard when Go Mi Poong suddenly begins to cry. Eventually, Go Mi Poong’s tears startle Han Ba Da so much, to the point where she gets up and leaves the restaurant.

Oh-Eun-Seo.jpg

Go Mi Poong falls into her father’s arms where she continues to shed tears, raising questions about the future of this family. What will happen to them now that Han Ba Da knows about Go Cha Won’s affair? Will they be able to put their differences aside and commit to creating a happy environment for their daughter?

Lee-Sang-Woo-2.jpg

During filming, it’s said that Hong Soo Hyun and Lee Sang Woo impressed the drama’s crew by matching the eye-level of their on-screen daughter and helping comfort Oh Yeon Seo while she nervously prepared for the scene. Both actors also slowly articulated their lines to be extra considerate of Oh Yeon Seo, taking time to meticulously go over all areas the young actress wanted to practice. Once Oh Yeon Seo gave her flawless crying performance, her co-stars cheered her on with silent applause and thumbs ups!

The “Red Balloon” production team commented, “No matter the meaning, the tears of Mi Poong, who has sensed a breakup, will soften the hearts of Han Ba Da, Go Cha Won, and viewers. Please look forward to Episode 15 of the unpredictable ‘Red Balloon’ to see what actions Han Ba Da has chosen to take following the confirmation of Jo Eun Kang and Go Cha Won’s affair.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1566278wpp/hong-soo-hyun-and-lee-sang-woo-are-caught-off-guard-by-their-daughters-sudden-tears-in-red-balloon

• Like 3

BaDa is the FIRST character that have no sympathy for after being betrayed! The betrayal was beyond wrong AND this heifer cheated twice herself, but those beans have not been spilled yet! She trying to beat him to the punch by divorcing him BUT I need that other shoe to drop on her next episode. She has TOO high of an opinion of herself! Outside of the affair, her husband was good to her, but she was busy being Alpha Woman hear me roar, abandoning her husband and kid consistently! This witch got a nerve! She said her husband was horrible in bed. She was wanting that popr performing pipe and was mad when she did not get it! Eun Kan is such a doormat that Bada dows not think she will spill the beans.

Spill the beans Eun Kan! Who is the father? Tell on that hot and steamy make out session she has with her ex. Eun Kang should have just told her the complete truth. Eun Kan finally heard what that family she wanted to join really thought about her.

Every last one of them, including Bada always thought she was beneath them and worthless even if there was no affair! That was cruel. Eun Kan did wrong, but she was there for everyone holding them down like flue. She didn't get parasitic until the end 

Her so-called FRIEND FINALLY got to see firsthand how Eun Kan had been treated by her clients.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Seo Ji Hye Gets Dragged By The Hair After Being Caught Having An Affair In “Red Balloon”

Seo Ji Hye Gets Dragged By The Hair After Being Caught Having An Affair In “Red Balloon”

JTBC’s “Red Balloon” has shared a sneak peek of an emotional confrontation from its upcoming episode!

Spoilers

Previously on “Red Balloon,” Jo Eun Kang (Seo Ji Hye) and Go Cha Won (Lee Sang Woo) were caught kissing by his mother-in-law Yeo Jeon Hee (Lee Sang Sook), who wound up collapsing from shock. When she came to, Jo Eun Kang was relieved that Yeo Jeon Hee appeared to have forgotten the incident entirely—but that relief didn’t last for long. It turned out that Yeo Jeon Hee had been faking her memory loss, and she soon went to her daughter Han Ba Da (Hong Soo Hyun) to inform her of their affair.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Jo Eun Kang tearfully grovels on her knees in front of a furious Yeo Jeon Hee. As soon as she sees her, Yeo Jeon Hee grabs Jo Eun Kang by her hair in an uncontrollable rage, and after being dragged around by the hair, Jo Eun Kang ultimately begs for forgiveness in tears of shame.

Seo-Ji-Hye-Lee-Sang-Sook.jpgSeo-Ji-Hye-Lee-Sang-Sook-3.jpg

Spoiler

Seo-Ji-Hye-1.jpgLee-Sang-Sook.jpgSeo-Ji-Hye-2.jpg

Praising the two actresses’ performances, the producers of “Red Balloon” commented, “The passionate acting of Seo Ji Hye and Lee Sang Sook, who didn’t hold back and truly gave the scene their all, took the intense emotion of the scene’s confrontation to the next level.”

They went on to tease, “Please look forward to the emotional apology scene in which Jo Eun Kang, whose hidden desires and insecurity about Han Ba Da had finally erupted, sincerely seeks forgiveness.”

The next episode of “Red Balloon” will air on February 11 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1566362wpp/seo-ji-hye-gets-dragged-by-the-hair-after-being-caught-having-an-affair-in-red-balloon

• Like 1

Pretty surprised to see some of the opinions on here.

I stand firmly with Bada.

Her only "mistakes"- because you know apparently you have to be a perfect wife for your husband not to cheat on you - were:

1. Working too damned hard so she stands on her own two feet to provide not only for her mother but her family too despite her MILs constant insults. Clearing her fathers debt instead of doing I don't know what telling her in laws about it because oh they love her already so much? OF COURSE SHE HAS TO WORK, OF COURSE SHE HAS TO PROTECT HER PRIDE AND HER FAMILIES PRIDE BY NOT RELYING ON HER IN LAWS AND HUSBAND. Yes, sure she should have tried to be there for her daughter a little more but what do you want her to do? she has so many responsibilities!

2. When did Bada cheat on her husband? EK strategically trying to push Bada and her friend together intentionally? The husband couldn't handle a strong working woman that's all. Bada literally lost her father, is sinking with debt, her bestie sabotaged her business, has a sick mother, her father was cheater. She has suffered it all!

3. EK being a pushover and having low self esteem is in HER not BADA! Bada treated her like a bestie, relied on her, thought of her as her sister. Sorry she had her own drama going on to be constantly babying EK too. Bada did not take advantage her, there was no malicious intent involved. Bada not setting EK up with the sleaze ball was a good thing because well he is a sleaze ball. Everything else appears to be misunderstandings.

LOVED BADA IN THIS EPISODE! So glad it wasn't one of those where the woman is completely broken to the point that she just curls up in bed and cries.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 2

6 hours ago, junghwana said:

Her only "mistakes"- because you know apparently you have to be a perfect wife for your husband not to cheat on you - were:

1. Working too damned hard so she stands on her own two feet to provide not only for her mother but her family too despite her MILs constant insults. Clearing her fathers debt instead of doing I don't know what telling her in laws about it because oh they love her already so much? OF COURSE SHE HAS TO WORK, OF COURSE SHE HAS TO PROTECT HER PRIDE AND HER FAMILIES PRIDE BY NOT RELYING ON HER IN LAWS AND HUSBAND. Yes, sure she should have tried to be there for her daughter a little more but what do you want her to do? she has so many responsibilities!

2. When did Bada cheat on her husband? EK strategically trying to push Bada and her friend together intentionally? The husband couldn't handle a strong working woman that's all. Bada literally lost her father, is sinking with debt, her bestie sabotaged her business, has a sick mother, her father was cheater. She has suffered it all!

3. EK being a pushover and having low self esteem is in HER not BADA! Bada treated her like a bestie, relied on her, thought of her as her sister. Sorry she had her own drama going on to be constantly babying EK too. Bada did not take advantage her, there was no malicious intent involved. Bada not setting EK up with the sleaze ball was a good thing because well he is a sleaze ball. Everything else appears to be misunderstandings.

LOVED BADA IN THIS EPISODE! So glad it wasn't one of those where the woman is completely broken to the point that she just curls up in bed and cries.

Bada cheated on her husband in Italy and she tongue kissed her ex a few weeks ago the same ex she cheated with ITALY. I don't know why you're taking this stuff personally! Bada is TRASH! I don't condone adultery; I am consistent! They did BaDa wrong and the TRASHY person she is have been wrong for years. The only thing she DOES NOT deserve is her designs being stolen by her servant who she calls her best friend and her best friend scheming with her husband.

She is a trashy hypocrite! I destest hypocrisy! Her tongue being in another man's mouth is cheating! She was fixing to sleep with that man again, but her mama stopped her. That THANG should not be walking around triumphant like she was the only one that did wrong. She has not been caught. 

Strategic or not, that girl has low impulse control and only she has control of her own body was she exercised tongue kissing another man.  She worked a butt off? More like her servant did most of the work for her for over 20 years! 

Both of them are trash, but only 1 of them is a hypocrite and that is BADA. Actually, Bada's in-laws are hypocrites and leeches too and her husband was a hypocrite for chastising his brother-in-law. All of then are parasites except the children and Cha Won. All of them are in glass houses. He is a 1x adulterer, but he doesn't treat his friends like servants. Bada was busted by her ex for intentionally running interference on potential suiters. Her ex she cheated with wanted Eun Kang over her initially!

Netflix Idiot GIF by Daybreak

The adults lesson should be respect marriage and DO NOT COVET YOUR NEIGHBORS POSSESSIONS!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, junghwana said:

I agree with you. Yes, EK lived a tough life. She has low self-esteem, has lived in a dysfunctional family, and even learned to tolerate cheating from witnessing her mother and father's constant foolishness. However, she chose to be BADA's friend. If she didn't want to be BADA's minion and run her errands she could have chosen another path. She stayed because she wanted to. There was no arm twisting. She liked being close to CW and living in BADA's shadow.  EK is not entitled to BADA's life. She wants her husband, her child, and her house. Even though she got caught she continues to go the house, cleaning, stocking the refrigerator with children's treats, and hoping to eventually be the Wife and Mistress. Even told her own father to stay out of other's business when she heard him giving CW's father advice to encourage CW and BADA not to divorce. BADA while a workaholic was self-reliant and did not ask her husband for anything. She worked to pay her father's debts and her mother's nursing home bills. She found a way. Even in the midst of the devastating blow of her husband cheating on her and her best friend betraying her, she relies on herself. She sells her car, moves to, a cheaper place, and fights for her self-respect in the midst of tremendous pain. She could have easily sought after that old boyfriend that constantly pursues her for help but she chose to handle her own business. Yes, she has flaws but she valued her friendship with EK and looked the other way when she saw red flag after red flag that pointed to EK's lies and betrayal.  Absolutely have no tolerance for EK's warped sense of "It's My Turn Now".  No, you build a way out of no way rather than stealing, conniving, manipulating, and deceiving to get what you want.

• Like 4

The revisionost history concerning Bada's onscreen shenanigans is comical. Bada's and Eukang's actions are trashy. Bada's gets no excuse, sympathy, or empathy from me. She doesn't get to run around playing the victim when she committed the same sins and worse! Bada BRAGGED that her husband better be glad that kissing was all that she did because she was going to finish it.

Fight for self respect??? Hilarious! That was her problem to begin with. The people around her was always disposable when it came to what she wanted. She was MANIPULATIVE towards everyone around her; she just didn't want the dame treatment back.

Eun Kang was horrible too. I don't have to revise character history. A spade is a spade and BADA and her controlling self finally got played! There is always an extra sting when it is someone close. The person that betrayed her more than her bestfriend was HERSELF! SHE always treated her husband like he was disposable. Her triflibg behind always threatened divorce when stomping her feet did not go her way. Her responsibilities are her husband and child 1st & 2nd, her mom should have been third. It is not cute or proper to treat your job like you are married to it. She barely wiyld male any of her child's school events. She always chose herself and her business 1st and rationalized everything else. She claims she wants custody??? HA! She neglected her child since the child was BORN, who is going to watch their child while she is playing superwoman for herself? She is immature period! 

Her husband, when he finds out her shenanigans needs to announce it on a tv show since she did her public dissertation in a cafe. Had she truly been the innocent party, her dragging her husband and slave girl she claim is her best friend would have been noteworthy. Had she just been a semi-direlect wife, but truly loved her family and friends then I would cheer for her. Not this tramp! She was fouler that two week old stale chitterlings. THE ONLY THING, I feel sorry for her about is her trifling friend stealing her design and giving it to someone else. Eun Kang ALLOWED for herself to get trampled on because she did not want to be abandoned! Eun Kang was raised by trash and ALLOWED that trashy influence to guide her on the path of revenge and desiring things that do not belong to her!

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 15! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Red Balloon” Ratings Climb To All-Time High + “Crash Course In Romance” Hits New Saturday Peak

TV Chosun’s “Red Balloon” is on the rise!

On February 11, the popular drama starring Seo Ji Hye, Lee Sang Woo, and Hong Soo Hyun earned its highest viewership ratings to date. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Red Balloon” scored an average nationwide rating of 8.9 percent, marking a new personal record for the series.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1566400wpp/red-balloon-ratings-climb-to-new-all-time-high-crash-course-in-romance-hits-new-saturday-peak

• Like 3

I thoroughly enjoyed the last episode.

Whatever the spouse's faults are, you do not cheat on him/her. Leave, pack your things and go, but hanging around going ' hi Eun Kang' so casually really shows he intends to continue. Business as usual. The old BIL lending him an ear was corny. Does he know that they have fiddled two sisters? Now the uncle is playing in the back seat of a car with his sister and his wife.:w00t: They didn't seem to know whoiswho.

I skipped and FFWed a lot because cheating on a spouse is hard to forgive, unless one does not care. Perhaps remain in the marriage just for the money or the children. I missed a lot of the background, but from what I have seen, BD and EK were in a relationship that filled their needs and they did not outgrow it. 

I love the restaurant scene. A woman who is able to confront the husband and his mistress coldly in public and not break down in tears, making a fool of herself, is just a figment of the writer's imagination. Awesome. No living woman could do it.

I thought all the characters were at least a turn off or at worst scum. But MP was so cute. She told her father not to be childish (sub). The best characters were those girls listening in to the confrontation. They were hilarious. No pretence of discreetly listening. Completely biased. :Megalol:

• Like 3

your issues, it's best to leave and move on. However, the way the husband was casually saying "hi Eun Kang" shows that he has no intention of ending the affair and wants to carry on as usual. The old BIL lending him an ear was questionable. Does he know that the two sisters have been involved with each other? And now the uncle is in the back seat of a car with his sister and wife, it's just ridiculous.

I skipped a lot of the story because cheating is a difficult topic, unless the person doesn't care about the marriage anymore. Maybe they are staying together for the money or children. From what I have seen, BD and EK were in a relationship that suited them and they haven't moved on.

Nope! She is still not a worthy mom! She was focused on that ring more even with her daughter on her back sick. Eun Kang is delusional. Why are you still operating like you and your friend's husband have a shot? If they really divorce and he gets with you, a cloud will ALWAYS be over your marriage. Even though your friend made it easy for you to exploit her marriage, you rationalized your ill treatment for justify committing one of the most abdominal betrayals ever. I just cannot like her! You stood by your boyfriend and when he got his job and he left you! Ugh, now you are acting clingy asking for him to work it out with you. You stupid girl! She need the song Stupid Girl played to her! Cha Won does want you, BUT he is stupid too. That is why he is trying to payoff his wife. He wants you and his marriage but is conflicted. Even if you get him, you will never completely have him. They way she is acting, she will be spilling the beans on Bada to put several nails in her coffin with sealing her own. Cha Won is already trying to reconcile with her.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

I do think Bada's nom was justified for attacking up to a point. She always thought that Eun Kang was dirty and never worthy. After mom in law revealed what was always in her heart before the affair, Eun Kang would've been justified to spill the beans on how trashy Bada really was. She must have been floored when her granbaby preferred the mistress to her! She loves her auntie. She is disrespectful too! Who tells their dad to stop being childish and their grandma that she hates them? She has expressed hate for both grandparents. Who has she learned that from? Who teaches their daughter that her mom's aspirations come before her and she should just put up with it?

Nam Chul's wife: Two wrongs don't make it right! That entire family needs their come to Jesus moment! She neglected her husband too and put her family over her husband. Though I do feel bad for her, committing more sin to get over the main sin, just creates more sin .

The Patriarch taking advice from the chief philanderer

Cha Won is a guliable. His wife is treating him with the same contempt she always has. She is pure trash! Calling the police on her husband like she did her mother-in-law! I just CANNOT like her. She can be redeemed one she looks in the mirror and admit she is as trashy as the people she is trashing! Stop trying to buy yoir wife off for your sin! Repent! Cut off all communication with Eun Kang! Repent! Rebuild! Repent to your wife AND then demand the truth about her sins so, you can both finally face each other with your masks off and pick up the pieces!

With parents like Eun Kang and Eun San, I'd rather be an orphan. Who treats their child like they are doing them a favor by raising them.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, maribella said:

The best characters were those girls listening in to the confrontation. They were hilarious.  No pretence of discreetly listening. Completely biased. :Megalol:

They were watching a live drama instead of screen drama, which would have been more interesting...if it happened in reality:open_mouth:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lila21 said:

They were watching a live drama instead of screen drama, which would have been more interesting...if it happened in reality:open_mouth:

I think it could happen in real life with a bunch of girls on a girl day-out. They will be less inhibited and will probably snigger among themselves.  But for a woman to cut down her guy and his mistress in public, and still remain in control till the end is quite improbable. 
I have witnessed shouting matches. Tears.

In the preview,  the old couple are now cheating on each other. GA may be moving out or is it EK? Picture was Too fast.  Is she planning on funding the guy on the side or moving out?

I don't see either marriage left standing at the end. MP is so young to grow up without a full time father. She misses her mum despite her being a non-participatory parent. Or that's what the cheating husband likes to think.

BD has moved on but the Choi sisters are still offering themselves. What chance do the wives have? :lol:

• Like 4