[Drama 2022-2023] Witch's Game - 마녀의 게임 - Mon to Fri 8:50 - 9:30 KST

0ly40

2 hours ago, maribella said:

JH's mother was being threatened by bat-twirling loan sharks and HS happened to be around. I thought" oh no, she's not going to play the hero", she did just that. Then JH came in, so saving the mother but then got drunk with self pity. Guess who appeared in front of him? The idiot FL who was toying with the idea of giving her hard earned savings to her ex MIL. I FFW her scene with the drunken ML.

I'm sorry to say I dislike this FL more than the one in Gold mask who was really pathetically weak in the beginning. She was terribly bullied by her awful MIL. HS has no such excuse. She said at one time that she was optimistic and well balanced because YK had sponsored and supported her. I don't her call an optimist, a pollyanna is more like it. 

The episode has turned YK into a conniving, manipulative woman, IH into a conceited cold hearted snob and JH into a vengeful guy.  There was another show which had only unpleasant and dysfunctional characters, I can't remember the title. This seems to be next. Even the little girl is not really a cute preschooler. 

@maribellaI can't bring myself to like the FL as well. There seems to be no end to her "optimism" even when she got betrayed and thrown away by her ex and his mother. Well, at least you should learn to move on without looking back. Her scene with the drunken JH... *facepalm*. I'm sorry but it does nothing but shows how childish she is.

YK is indeed manipulative, if not the most manipulative character in the show. But eventually she must resort to wedding SY to JH and betraying HS/IH. I want this to happen quickly as it would not be convincing enough if JH and YK continue to fight each other. Also, SY got less scenes in the last 2 episodes - I suspect she will play a major role in helping JH win her mother or IH.

Edited by melodictrain

3 hours ago, maribella said:

The episode has turned YK into a conniving, manipulative woman, IH into a conceited cold hearted snob and JH into a vengeful guy.  

For me YK has always appeared as manipulative. She also has some serious issues. Her obsession with red because her young daughter liked it made me uncomfortable in those early episodes. She made herself seem like some "angel" sponsor of the orphanage, when she was really just looking for her real daughter. Once she thought she found her, she immediately started using her like a pawn. It's really disturbing. She's made me uncomfortable right from the beginning. 

I still don't get the impression that IH is coldhearted. He was hurt and wanted to show off his "power" to JH to show him just how corrupt that power can be. IH has lived his life seeing how horrible having power and wealth can make someone. He looked as JH as someone who was happy without power and money, only to find out that the same friend was a backstabbing social climber. 

I need the writers to stick with this story for IH. Mostly because I think HS needs someone to encourage her to get her to grow a backbone, and I think IH needs someone to pull him back from going too far. They really could be a power team, and be what it takes to change the game.

I have zero love for JH and I want him and SJ to be miserable together. He wants to be part of the world of money and wealth, but I honestly don't think he has the nerve to do it. Every time something doesn't go his way he has a pity party and gets drunk. Nope. He's a loser willing to abandon his kid for a spoiled rich brat. Him being miserable is okay with me.

2 hours ago, melodictrain said:

looking back. Her scene with the drunken JH... *facepalm*. I'm sorry but it does nothing but shows how childish she is.

Wasnt that at the same place that she kicked him? I am not sure about childish part because I FFW, even the sight of her calling out to him was enough for me to hit the FFW button. Her face said ' ok kick me in the teeth again'. I am sure her explanation would involve Han Byeol. 
Thank goodness, for Second Husband's FL who did not turn back once she they split up. 

1 hour ago, CupcakeEonni said:

still don't get the impression that IH is coldhearted. He was hurt and wanted to show off his "power" to JH to show him just how corrupt that power can be. IH has lived

He gave the thumb drive to JH and it blamed his father just like what YK and Cha wanted. That was cold. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

I have zero love for JH and I want him and SJ to be miserable together. He wants to be part of the world of money and wealth, 

I have the same thoughts as you, ie, having both Se Young & Ji Ho suffer together esp Se Young who  lives in the world of fairy fantasy.

I hated Hye Soo who is so busy body getting involved into Ji Ho mother's loan shark issues. 

Why must she butt in, shld I be in her shoe, I would have just walked away. 

But No, she acted as though she is on Ji Ho's mum side, trying to act smart lecturing those loan  shark.

3 hours ago, maribella said:

He gave the thumb drive to JH and it blamed his father just like what YK and Cha wanted. That was cold. 

I just dont get why IH has to gave the pendrive to Ji Ho, what benefits he gets.

Why is Chairman Cha giving up hope on her son's recovery & appointing SYG as the new Director.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

just dont get why IH has to gave the pendrive to Ji Ho, what benefits he gets.

Part of the plan to blame his father, else Cha or YK has to take the fall. So YK must have pulled something against IH.

2 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Why must she butt in, shld I be in her shoe, I would have just walked away. 

But No, she acted as though she is on Ji Ho's mum side, trying to act smart lecturing those loan  shark.

I'm guessing to show how loyal and brave she was. But she turned up being stupid.

• Like 2

What was that? YK saw the photo hidden in Cha's safe? It had JH's mother an IH's father together and she's putting two and two together. 
Would she try to kill JH or would she help JH to marry her daughter and gain C corp? 

JH has also figured out that her daughter had  died much earlier.

Fake SY would not be identified before episode 50.

• Like 1

Is it just me or what's gg on with the men's hairstyle, even in Vengeance drama, their hair is sort of parted in the middle hanging on their woah forehead? Sample photo:

spacer.png

Event/Drama] Ji Chang Wook attends press conference for “Lovestruck in the  City” | Ji Chang Wook's Kitchen

then here's Ji chang wook :)

Photos + Video] Press Conference Photos and Highlight Video Added for the  Upcoming Korean Drama 'The Secret House' @ HanCinema

even Seo hang joon here got that style - well it must be the latest but I think they look better without that bangs parted in the middle LOLs

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Okay guys help me out here ...

If JH is actually Chairman Ma's grandson (her blood) and IH's half brother, JH's Mom has to know that, and via that flashback scene, Chairman Ma should've at least suspected it ... right?

- There's something more to YK's secretary than we've seen so far. If YK has enough confidence in her to use her as a double agent then there's gotta be some history.

- The old photo - I still don't get it.  What is so critical about the photo(s)? Why is YK so freaked about it?  Her husband is dead already ... or is that not her husband in the picture?  Even if thats the case, all the key players know the truth. Chairman Ma already knows she found her daughter (albeit a fake one) Her husband already knows and agreed to have her pretend to be SY ... what does a simple picture of her pregnant reveal?

What am I missing here? :huh:

• Like 4

I think I hate the FL, hopefully she gets better. She is helping the MIL that hated her, begging the mistress to not ruin her cheating boyfriend. I think they need to kill her daughter for her personality to get better. 

But also she is barely on, the story seems to be spending a lot more time with JH than HS. 

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Okay guys help me out here ...

If JH is actually Chairman Ma's grandson (her blood) and IH's half brother, JH's Mom has to know that, and via that flashback scene, Chairman Ma should've at least suspected it ... right?

- There's something more to YK's secretary than we've seen so far. If YK has enough confidence in her to use her as a double agent then there's gotta be some history.

- The old photo - I still don't get it.  What is so critical about the photo(s)? Why is YK so freaked about it?  Her husband is dead already ... or is that not her husband in the picture?  Even if thats the case, all the key players know the truth. Chairman Ma already knows she found her daughter (albeit a fake one) Her husband already knows and agreed to have her pretend to be SY ... what does a simple picture of her pregnant reveal?

What am I missing here? :huh:

- I don't think they have confirmed if JH is Chairman Ma's grandson. With her importance on blood I am surprised she didn't try to take him away, if she knew. 

- YK's husband does not know that she was previously married and had a child (maybe the marriage but def not the child part). He thinks SY is a random girl from the orphanage that they picked to pretend to be his dead daughter. He doesn't know that YK arranged it so that her "real" daughter would be brought into the house. A picture of her being pregnant reveals that she lied about a lot of things, and could lead to revealing that she looked for her daughter to bring home. 

• Like 4

At this point, I don't think that InHa and JiHo are half brothers. I agree with @youactlikeicare. Chairwoman Ma would have taken him away if he was her son's child. Even if she didn't raise him as her grandson, he would have been in her household so she could make use of him. Plus, JiHo's mother is obsessed with money. If her son was the son of the heir to a fortune, there is NO way she would let that slide. 

I know a lot of people don't like HS, but I like her. I think she is being practical. JiHo is her daughter's father. She has to think of herself as a mother first, even if that means helping the mother of the man that abandoned her. Having a paternal grandmother in that much debt hurts her daughter. She can't do everything for them, and shouldn't, but as a mother she needs to be able to tell her daughter she tried to help.

But... to to honest ,the stuff with JiHo doesn't interest me at all. It's really slowing the pacing of the drama, and that's a big problem, considering it's only episode 15.

3 minutes ago, CupcakeEonni said:

this point, I don't think that InHa and JiHo are half brothers. I agree with @youactlikeicare. Chairwoman Ma would have taken him away if he was her son's child. Even if she didn't raise him as her grandson, he would have been in her household so she could make use of him. Plus, JiHo's mother is obsessed with money. If her son was the son of the heir to a fortune, there is NO way she would let that slide. 

It seems so. What if she herself was unaware of JH's paternity? Like in The Red Shoes. 

The photo means two things, JH's possible paternity and that YK had a child who is not SY. JH thought that SY was Joo's daughter with the first wife.

1 hour ago, youactlikeicare said:

think I hate the FL, hopefully she gets better. She is helping the MIL that hated her, begging the mistress to not ruin her cheating boyfriend. I think they need to kill her daughter for her personality to get better. 

Absolutely. I thought she was stupid to confront the loan sharks, but begging the amoral SY to save an unworthy man? 

The writer has to be consistent to make me find her tolerable.  On one hand she was satisfied with what she had - cleaning jobs, supporting bf etc. on the other hand, she was protecting IH from finding out about JH-SY and now she thinks that her powers of persuasion could protect a prosecutor who cannot defend himself?

Do something that is well within your capability.

• Like 4

Why is Hye Soo still protective of Ji Ho pleading Se Young not to harm him, just because

he is the father of her daughter. Hye Soo should stand firm in her believe that Ji Ho and herself

are no longer together, but from the way she approached Se Young seems that she still have

feelings for Ji Ho, so pathetic.

@maribella  from the photos, SYG might bribe Ji Ho mother by settling all her debts and get

her promised not to revealed who she was with the guy inside the photo. 

That pix shows SYG pregnant and with a guy, will be very much interesting to know if

Sec An  is  her daughter ..

• Like 3

I know a lot of people don't like HS, but I like her. I think she is being practical. JiHo is her daughter's father. She has to think of herself as a mother first, even if that means helping the mother of the man that abandoned her. Having a paternal grandmother in that much debt hurts her daughter. She can't do everything for them, and shouldn't, but as a mother she needs to be able to tell her daughter she tried to help.

I would understand the actions more if she acted more angry or even annoyed that she has to deal with messy MIL and ex. Like she has to deal with them for her daughter but doesn't like it. 

The acting is more like she still cares what happens to them because she cares about them personally no matter how crappy they treat her. 

• Like 4

At this point, I don't think that InHa and JiHo are half brothers. I agree with @youactlikeicare. Chairwoman Ma would have taken him away if he was her son's child. Even if she didn't raise him as her grandson, he would have been in her household so she could make use of him. Plus, JiHo's mother is obsessed with money. If her son was the son of the heir to a fortune, there is NO way she would let that slide. 

Not sure if Ji Ho & In Ha are brothers but I still dont understand why is Ji Ho mom's still

wants to meet Chairman Cha again for money. Has she got any bargaining power to demand

for money or unless, Chairman Cha was misled from the flashback that the child is not her

biological grandson from In Ha.

• Like 2

I think YK's shock is more about the fact that JH could turn out to be related and she knows his ambition and greed. He is a huge obstacle to her plans for revenge against MA. YK has seen that JH is willing to do anything to climb up and now she and he have a feud between them. With her flashback to meeting his mother after hearing that both of them went to see Ma and what they talked about her getting that picture and seeing it really is that woman with IH's father means there is going to be a huge shake up. Given how close in age IH and JH are his father had to have dated this woman while married perhaps to IH mother or right before he married her. 

There is no way JH won't investigate and find out who his father is. His mother will spill it cause she wants money and to be acknowledged. Whether JH is truly blood or this woman tried to pull a fast one I do not know , but its for sure that JH will use it to come up and step on IH and SY will use it to taunt HS. 

I like HS too and i face palm every time she looks like she will do something for the ex's mom or JH. But this is her character. She was(still is) in love with this scum bag. She spent 10 years of her life running around working her self to the bone to help him and support him.  She has a kid with him and even though he hurt her she is like someone said above a mother who does not want her daughter to think bad of her father , have the family go through hard times even though the grandmother could not be bothered to truly see them after what JH did. I am glad that she heard his drunken ramblings before she did something foolish like give them her wedding money she saved that she would never get appreciated for or get back. 

For now HS will continue to think of JH as the child's father and hope he turns back or try to convince him to turn back and help if she can. It's only when something happens to that child and she realizes its SY,JH and/or Chairman Ma who is the culprit that she will stop loving him and it will turn into hate and a quest for revenge. Until then we have to continue to see her on the screen continuing to try to talk some sense into JH and I want to slap some sense into her to stop talking to SY and JH as it will not get her anywhere as she knows their character well. 

I don't expect the truth of SY being a fraud to come out until after the wedding. They have to be tied to one another first so JH can't try to turn around to go back to HS because of who her mother is. JH will dig into this as well and prolly be the catalyst for YK finding out the truth along with HS. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

He is a huge obstacle to her plans for revenge against MA. YK has seen that JH is willing to do anything to climb up and now she and he have a feud between them.

Yep for now it appears to be like that. But I guess YK and JH will somehow become allies in their fight against Ma/IH and potentially HS. Otherwise the story will turn to a hot mess with so many people individually fighting with others.

So IH and SY are going to get married in about a month (announcement was made in late Oct as implied in the last ep and the wedding is in Dec). I am wondering if SY will run away from the wedding like JH did when she found out that JH was Ma's grandson.  There's no going back to HS for JH - he can just do that now when SY went along with the marriage with IH and hurt him but he chooses not to and still tries to win her back at all costs. HS should have known what this means too, which makes it hard to accept her actions.