[Drama 2022-2023] Witch's Game - 마녀의 게임 - Mon to Fri 8:50 - 9:30 KST

0ly40

How is Ma going to adopt anyone? She is in an asylum. 

This writer must think that changing teams as An changes loyalty is intrguing.   Too much of the same thing becomes tiresome to me. Just like many shows, I just want to know the ending.

11 hours ago, melodictrain said:

Alrighty looks like SY will be the head of Yushiwon and seduce JH again? JH seems to fall for her this time but this sounds so wrong...

Now it should be HS vs SY for CH group.   HS hasn't been scaring us with her eyes for a few episodes, not much. Hopefully she will restrain her eye swings in coming battles with SY.

Ma is full of herself ' how dare you set me up Ma Hyun Duk' etc. to YK. The writer has not used the opportunity for YK to remind her that she was just s secretary who slept with an old man her father.  I want this background story. How did Ma end up marrying YK's father?

• Like 2

I am here to defend the actress that plays jung hye soo. To be honest she is the reason why i started watching the show . She is not a terrible actress I feel like it is the scrips and the director because not even good acting can save this show. I am not saying that she is the best but she is a good actress .

That aside this show is digging its grave because what is going on. The plot is amazing but the writer and director are lost. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Songbae said:

I am here to defend the actress that plays jung hye soo. To be honest she is the reason why i started watching the show . She is not a terrible actress I feel like it is the scrips and the director because not even good acting can save this show. I am not saying that she is the best but she is a good actress .

Appreciate your different opinion which I assume based on your experience with her past projects. However, as someone who saw her for the first time, I was disappointed with her acting in this show. She might have been great in the past and could potentially nail some roles in the future, but her role as HS is a failure in my opinion.

We have talked about who is to blame for the terrible portrayal of HS quite a lot before. The writer and directors have been called out before the actress herself because we know she could only play according to the script and the director's guidance. Surely the script isn't great, but the character HS has been given the time to shine for her revenge after being a doormat for the first 30-ish eps. To be fair, I don't think HS got a bad development for the second half of the show - she's a typical good girl in Kdrama and whenever you want to criticize her, you have to remind yourself that she is the kindest person in the show and only wants to pay back the people who wronged her.

So, the character (and hence the writer) is not a problem. What about the director? If you have pointed out the director is at fault, I'm sorry but that means someone's acting is problematic. It is reasonable to say the director has been too lenient with the actress who plays HS, given the time constraint, budget or whatever reason there could have been. In this sense, the director is partly to blame. But again, the core of the problem is still the actress as at the end of the day, she has to teach herself how to act rather than relying on the director. 

I think everyone is aware GoW is a daily drama and so has settled for less and the fact that some of us are still watching till now means that we choose to focus on something else that is more interesting rather than how she put us off. There are just some scenes where we couldn't stand her acting any longer, especially when she did the eye acrobats or wide eyed. For me, even if she impressed me before in some shows, I would still shake my head then and wish she could practice more for future projects. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, melodictrain said:

Surely the script isn't great, but the character HS has been given the time to shine for her revenge after being a doormat for the first 30-ish eps.

No script can force her to make the same eye swings, wide and wider look and the woodenly speech after she became Stella Jung,  interpretation of a character has always seemed good by good actresses in other shows eg. Ha Gi Wan and the Blue Lagoon actress. 

I just caught a bit of SY entering the house with her smirk. JH found out who is lending him money, which means he is down in business and may lose his chaebol status anytime. 
I am bored with with this up-down bits. I am going to take a well deserved break :hwaiting2: and maybe rejoin at 100. 
Please recap if you have the time chingus. Au revoir.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@maribella  SY never fails me...so has tons of tricks to get herself out of jail.

And this Stan Lee representative guy out of nowhere came in -- no bad looking :surprisedwut:

@LeftCoastOppa  600 mil dollars ???  - reminds me of those days TV series "The Six Million Dollar Man"  which is my fav actor, Lee Majors. :D

OK, just finished watching ep 95...greedy JH finally get into the trap !

And SY gets released and becomes Ma Se Young automatically..what a twist.

Will SY becomes the next Chairman to replace JH ???

@maribella  @melodictrain  @backstreetboysfan  @LeftCoastOppa 

What are you thoughts 

• Like 3

@Thong Thin I am taking a break, but from what I saw last night, the name was Stanley Yoo when JH signed the contract, which was how IH could fit the bill.

There are 24 o25 more episodes, so I am guessing SY could become the chairman of CH but will lose to HS or YK. 

YK is really not a nice person, she just so happened to be HS' mother to make her a grey character. Maybe she'll die? We have only had IH's parents dead. Others need to lose parents too. Balance of life. :sweat_smile:

4 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Up until recently, the guys was slinging fried chicken, and sleeping in the same establishment!

Just so he could snuggle into HS' bed eventually.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

4 minutes ago, maribella said:

@Thong Thin I am taking a break, but from what I saw last night, the name was Stanley Yoo when JH signed the contract, which was how IH could fit the bill.

There are 24 o25 more episodes, so I am guessing SY could become the chairman of CH but will lose to HS or YK. 

YK is really not a nice person, she just so happened to be HS' mother to make her a grey character. Maybe she'll die? We have only had IH's parents dead. Others need to lose parents too. Balance of life. 

Just so he could snuggle into HS' bed eventually.

YK will pay for her sins, but not sure how, yet to see.

SY is another greedy lady just like JH. She is going to seduce JH and take over his seats, however 

unknown to SY, JH has only 11 % stake left which is in a shaky position.

When SY was in jailed & Ma admitted to care centre, I was so happy that the only person left to take

down was JH, but then came this twist !

The reason Ma adopt SY is to make use of her to get rid of YK which is her top obstacle.

Once YK is down, next will be fake JH and then Ma might at last put SY aside and get IH back as

her grandson.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

YK will pay for her sins, but not sure how, yet to see.

SY is another greedy lady just like JH. She is going to seduce JH and take over his seats, however 

unknown to SY, JH has only 11 % stake left which is in a shaky position.

When SY was in jailed & Ma admitted to care centre, I was so happy that the only person left to take

down was JH, but then came this twist !

The reason Ma adopt SY is to make use of her to get rid of YK which is her top obstacle.

Once YK is down, next will be fake JH and then Ma might at last put SY aside and get IH back as

her grandson.

That's why I'm taking a break, the musical chair kind of twists is now  getting tiresome. 

Apart from YK, An is another one whom I am waiting for her to get her just reward.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Will SY becomes the next Chairman to replace JH ???

I bet she will. She told JH she wanted to be the chairwoman a while ago. 

31 minutes ago, maribella said:

That's why I'm taking a break, the musical chair kind of twists is now  getting tiresome. 

The drama is indeed giving us a break with no episode today. 

• Like 2

“Taxi Driver 2,” “Kokdu: Season Of Deity,” And More To Not Air Today

“Taxi Driver 2,” “Kokdu: Season Of Deity,” And More To Not Air Today

Taxi Driver 2,” “Kokdu: Season of Deity,” and “Game of Witches” will all be taking the night off.

Due to South Korea’s upcoming World Baseball Classic game against Japan, all three dramas will not be airing new episodes on March 10.

MBC’s “Kokdu: Season of Deity” will return to air in its usual time slot on March 11 at 9:50 p.m. KST, and SBS’s “Taxi Driver 2” will similarly resume airing on March 11 at 10 p.m. KST.

Meanwhile, MBC’s weekday drama “Game of Witches” will also be skipping its usual broadcast on March 13 due to World Baseball Classic coverage, after which it will return to air on March 14 at 7:05 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1571722wpp/taxi-driver-2-kokdu-season-of-deity-and-more-to-not-air-today

• Thanks 1