[Drama 2022-2023] Witch's Game - 마녀의 게임 - Mon to Fri 8:50 - 9:30 KST

0ly40

2 minutes ago, partyon said:

Wait, have there been abs in this drama and I haven't been tagged? :scream:

@Lmangla sweetie, what are you doing?

hahahah.. I am behind on this drama. the FL is way too annoyingly perky. she looks like she should be on home shopping channel. face palm. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

hahahah.. I am behind on this drama. the FL is way too annoyingly perky. she looks like she should be on home shopping channel. face palm. 

Somebody please direct me to the pics of the abs... :crybaby:

Amazon Studios Please GIF by Amazon Prime Video

• LOL 2

38 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

She finally accepted that she's being kicked in the teeth in the latest episode, I think.

1 minute ago, partyon said:

Uhm, any chance you could post a screenshot?

@Lmangla over to you. I have problems uploading to url.

11 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Ma saying even animals don’t abandon their young that got to her? W

It was to needle YK because her daughter was abandoned at the orphanage ( the fake SY). So Ma is accusing YK of child abandonment pretending not to know that SY is YK's birth daughter when she knew both SY is a fake and HS is the real daughter.

I do agree, why would she turn vengeful over an insult?

• LOL 3

7 hours ago, maribella said:

She finally accepted that she's being kicked in the teeth in the latest episode, I think.

thanks for the encouragement; finally caught up on the episodes and still don't like the FL. she is just typically stupid, cheerful and pretends to be all forgiving. facepalm. even when he is telling her that he finds her embarassing, is no longer in love with her and was only marrying her out of guilt, there is not an iota of self-respect. ugh. her kicking him seemed more like drunken antics rather than a mature woman. so as of now, FL gets a fail from me. :thumbsdown:

that said, all of the other characters including jiho far more interesting. when the FL is not in the scenes, there is so much of seething ambition and double crosses happening that it makes it interesting to watch... 

feel sorry for inha that he is paired with such a limp FL hyesoo. jiho pairing with sooyoung is interesting -- cannot tell if both are just in lust or if they really like each other because they are just sharks filled with ambition underneath and met someone who finally share the same vibe. maybe a mixture of both. so they will use each other while continously sleeping with each other....

7 hours ago, maribella said:

It was to needle YK because her daughter was abandoned at the orphanage ( the fake SY). So Ma is accusing YK of child abandonment pretending not to know that SY is YK's birth daughter when she knew both SY is a fake and HS is the real daughter.

I do agree, why would she turn vengeful over an insult?

based on the latest preview, am wondering if yookyung knows far more than what she is revealing. it almost feels like she has been playing the long game forever. perhaps, she came to know that chairman ma killed her first hubby? and was also responsible for the fire that resulted in her losing hyesoo? 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

hello my dears... 

i am - shocker - considering this drama and just wanted to feel it out :D

is jang seo hee the main lead, how is she faring? blast from my past of temptation of wife, as well as OB &GYN ... curious how this drama is entertaining you! 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

@Lmangla that bugs me too, all that 'nothing is going to get me down' bit. Her wedding rehearsal already gave ominous signs, ok she's in love but being humiliated at her wedding and the antics after that. Crying by the river Hang Gang -of course, a must, getting drunk- of course, another must have - then the next morning taking the old looking pre-schooler  by the same route, no doubt. The kid did not show any trauma of the day before? Ok, she's a kid. Every woman barring this one would not have been able to get out of bed. 

The writer is trying to portray her as a strong upbeat young woman so much so it's cartoonish. I mean having a baby while supporting a bf through law school,  on purpose ? I did not catch that part, unintentional or planned. If she had been supporting him, once he started working, they would or should live as a family. It's like she has little other feelings but cheerful, smiling' it's a beautiful morning' type, with fleeting  shows of sadness and anger.

I was very glad the writer seemed to be stopping that line, she finally saw them kissing and grabbing each other. I hope she's going to start planning her revenge. Jumping into bed with In Ha would be a good start. :blush:

I was thinking the same, that YK knew Ma had caused her husband's death.

Now both JH's mum and HS' aunt suspect that YK was pregnant by another man, ergo fake SY's identity may not be so solid. JH must be IH's brother. More identity revelations are beginning .... episode 4 laugh GIF

2 hours ago, agenth said:

hello my dears... 

is jang seo hee the main lead, how is she faring? blast from my past of temptation of wife, as well as OB &GYN ... curious how this drama is entertaining you! 

Getting better, it may finally sink in into the FL, that she and her bf are now splitsville. I hope not to see her smiling for a few episodes. JSH still gave those big eyed looks at most times as in TOW, a show with a mindboggling ending.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

"Was my mom not enough?" / "You want InHa too?"

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

SY really has convinced herself that everything belongs to her. She's so obsessed with taking everything that is HS's that she is projecting herself onto HS. She just doesn't want HS to have anything, and it's so strange and off-putting. 

JiHo just walking into HS's house like he has any right to be there? Ugh. I feel bad for JiHo and HS's daughter. She has her father on a pedestal and actually thinks he is a good person. She doesn't see that he thinks of her as baggage, and it's sad.

I can't decide how I feel about them linking JiHo's mom to InHa's father. On one hand, it's likely another birth secret that I don't want or need. On the other hand, it can do a lot for the plot and how they plan to take over Ma's company. It should even give the greedy mother-in-law something more to do. Normally that character is just in the background whining and doesn't contribute anything useful to the plot. 

I'm definitely an InHa fangirl... and not just because of the workout montage. :hwaiting2:

He really does seem to have a moral compass. I still don't believe his whole playboy image. I feel like he is smarter than people think. Could be wishful thinking, but that's the feeling I've gotten so far.  

11 hours ago, agenth said:

hello my dears... 

so we have 3 generations and jang seo hee plays yukyung a mom and CEO. her scenes are interesting because it looks like on surface she is a sweet person but there are hints that she may not be as she seems..... am also checking out the drama for her and to see what she will do... 

5 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

I'm definitely an InHa fangirl... and not just because of the workout montage. :hwaiting2:

He really does seem to have a moral compass. I still don't believe his whole playboy image. I feel like he is smarter than people think. Could be wishful thinking, but that's the feeling I've gotten so far.

yes, he does seem smarter and is purposely playing a playboy image. when his parents were having a fight, the dad said he hated his mom and he hated that he was competing with his own son. the mom then said inha does not want to compete and is purposely staying away from the inaugration to ensure he does not get any spotlight. it does seem that he wants to avoid his shark of a grandma as much as possible and is playing dumb so that he will not be used by her. he seems to have a good read on his dysfunctional family.....

9 hours ago, maribella said:

@Lmangla that bugs me too, all that 'nothing is going to get me down' bit. Her wedding rehearsal already gave ominous signs, ok she's in love but being humiliated at her wedding and the antics after that. Crying by the river Hang Gang -of course, a must, getting drunk- of course, another must have - then the next morning taking the old looking pre-schooler  by the same route, no doubt. The kid did not show any trauma of the day before? Ok, she's a kid. Every woman barring this one would not have been able to get out of bed. 

The writer is trying to portray her as a strong upbeat young woman so much so it's cartoonish. I mean having a baby while supporting a bf through law school,  on purpose ? I did not catch that part, unintentional or planned. If she had been supporting him, once he started working, they would or should live as a family. It's like she has little other feelings but cheerful, smiling' it's a beautiful morning' type, with fleeting  shows of sadness and anger.

I was very glad the writer seemed to be stopping that line, she finally saw them kissing and grabbing each other. I hope she's going to start planning her revenge. Jumping into bed with In Ha would be a good start.

find hyesoo annoying. is there some rule that all these FLs have to be dumb to the point of sacrificing? for me, the dailys consistent message is "don't be so serving that others take advantage and dump you when they are finished" -- the girl didn't even get the message even though it was obvious this relationship was dead in the water for years. he has been pushing off the marriage several times and yet, she smiled and acted oblivous. hard for me to feel sorry for such a dumb female. shrug. 

the only FL who felt smart and yet got played was in the second husband. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Finally catched up till Ep 9.

Fake Se Young is so RickRoll'D, disrupted & have Hye Soo wedding failed still not enough, and now trying to blame Hye Soo for trying to seduced In Ha.  I hope In Ha does not tie the knot with her cause  there's no love between them & both will suffer by making use of each other for business sake.

Jerk Jin Ho deserves to be punished for failing to marry Hye Soo for the 2nd time.   Jin Ho being sweet talk by Se Young & his greed to move up the corporated ladder fast will regret later that he is being make use off.

Kind hearted, sweet & humble Hye Soo who takes up 2 jobs to support Jin Ho.

Fate is not on her side at all after all those 10 years of hard work. Poor girl.

Is Director Seol YG involved in In Ha parent's accident  & why ?

Why is Chairman Ma & Director Seol up against each other..i am confused here.

LOL, Se Young's father asked Jin Ho to find out who is the guy his daughter is dating.  Will Jin Ho get a fake replacement in order to cover up ?

11 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

SY really has convinced herself that everything belongs to her. She's so obsessed with taking everything that is HS's that she is projecting herself onto HS. She just doesn't want HS to have anything, and it's so strange and off-putting. 

I'm definitely an InHa fangirl... and not just because of the workout montage. 

Se Young feels that her world has torn apart & she has nothing because her mom showers some  love & concern to Hye Soo.  That's part of the reason she can't see eye to eye with Hye Soo.

So far, In Ha seems like a decent guy to me & that abs of him working out looks great.

15 hours ago, maribella said:

she finally saw them kissing and grabbing each other. I hope she's going to start planning her revenge. Jumping into bed with In Ha would be a good start. 

That would be a very good approach & I think In Ha would be a good match for Hye Soo.

On 10/22/2022 at 10:13 AM, maribella said:

I think I am beginning to really like this show. It has a bigger impact than the yelling Kang and his odious family.

Ya, those yelling from previous 2 dailies about to burst my eardrum.

:wut:

3 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

That would be a very good approach & I think In Ha would be a good match for Hye Soo.

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

find hyesoo annoying. is there some rule that all these FLs have to be dumb to the point of sacrificing? for me, the dailys consistent message is "don't be so serving

I zipped through the episode, she realised that she was cleaning fake SY's apartment, she met fake SY as in the preview and I thought she'd be fighting back, but there they were IH and SY, she and JH having dinner together!!! 
IH must have got wind of the hanky panky between the two scumbags, but I could see the stupid idiot denying it.  

May be they will kill her off soon and introduce another female to  become the FL? It has nothing to do with self denial, she's just weak. From childhood, she was weak and would not defend herself. Adding the presence of her kid, she has an excuse for being lame. 

Then in the parking lot, IH punched JH. 

In the preview, YK showed her husband JH's and SY's  video. I think he chased out the fake. JH found her unconscious in her apartment.

Pity, it should have been HS.

edit: Maybe we should give HS a chance, it's only ep 10. I am taking time out. 

She's a worse doormat than the Gold Mask's FL. She was targeted viciously by her MIL and she looked very sad. That's human reaction, although the acting was robotic.

• Like 1

HS has been cleaning fake SY's apartment, but she just found out about it. Vicious SY had planned it. Now, she told JH to turn up so hewould run into HS. Then IH dropped in. Ergo the 4 sat down to eat, sort of.

IH has SY's door passcode, so is he sleeping with her? She should have got pregnant like HS and he would marry her instead of  her mother conniving to marry her off.

IH is really the hero. He asked JH point blank if SY is the other woman, instead of denying, JH said that he had work to do.

Would you believe it?? :scream: The idiot HS denied it. When SY asked HS if she should thank her, the woman said she didn't want to shock IH. Luckily, I was lying down or I would have been rolling on the floor. :Megalol:The wealthy guy must be 6 ft. 2 with abs and muscles, he would collapse knowing his fiancee whom he doesn't really care for is cheating on him with his best friend?

I don't like this writer. The FL has an infinitely high resistance to humiliation. 
If one looks at it coldly, she is a cleaning woman, a single parent and JH is surrounded by ambitious young men.

Really, who is she to protect the scion of a corporate? Mindboggling writer. I can't sympathise or empathise.

When the guy started working, she should have gone back to school and become a legal eagle. Will we get this? 

I have a feeling that the writer will stomp on her until Korean viewers tell him to stop before we can hope for any revenge from the FL who has little self respect.

OK I'm going to be reading for some time. Isn't @Newbie21SG watching? I need your recaps for episodes to come.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Se Young feels that her world has torn apart & she has nothing because her mom showers some  love & concern to Hye Soo.  That's part of the reason she can't see eye to eye with Hye Soo.

I feel a little different about SY. The world SY lives in NEVER belonged to her. She stole it, and she knows she stole it. For me, I think that HS is a constant reminder of that. She makes herself miserable. SY could have been happy, but she doesn't let herself. She doesn't want HS around because she thinks the truth will come out. It's those feelings she blames on HS. YG supporting HS makes SY jealous because she knows they are mother and daughter. It just feels like SY doesn't even try to be happy and for that, I have a hard time sympathizing with her.

39 minutes ago, CupcakeEonni said:

I feel a little different about SY. The world SY lives in NEVER belonged to her. She stole it, and she knows she stole it. For me, I think that HS is a constant reminder of that. She makes herself miserable. SY could have been happy, but she doesn't let herself. She doesn't want HS around because she thinks the truth will come out. It's those feelings she blames on HS. YG supporting HS makes SY jealous because she knows they are mother and daughter. It just feels like SY doesn't even try to be happy and for that, I have a hard time sympathizing with her.

I dont sympathise Se Young at all. She's from the orphanage and by right she should cherish  all the love & care given, but no. She chose to be RickRoll'D with jealousy at that young age.

Constantly hurting Hye Soo mentally or physically will only hurt herself deeply & by stalking Ji Ho will  even make herself more pathetic.

• Like 2

If HS keeps this secret from IH long term than I'm going to need a better reason than she doesn't want to shock him. She didn't like being treated like a fool so why would she think he would. 

However, I think IH suspects/knows since he threw a punch, but I think he is keeping it in his back pocked to use later. 

I need HS to get to her "having a spine" stage in this drama. I really hope they don't kill the daughter as the way to make her "strong". 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1