[Drama 2022-2023] Vengeance of the Bride - 태풍의 신부 - Mon to Fri 7:50 - 8:30 KST

0ly40

3 hours ago, maribella said:

Kang seems like a psycho. He is going to kill Yoon too, per preview? Or maybe it's the usual, make believe what-he-wants-to-do? 

The way he was cackling/screaming (whatever that sound was) when he tried to run Yoon over was so cartoonishly funny. I was laughing. He seemed like he was having a great time :skull:

8 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

Anyone else feel like telling the wife why they took her in would have been the better choice? She likes being rich, and if they hadn't killed Baram's father they definitely wouldn't be living they way they are now. Telling her the truth would at the very least, make her treat Baram better than she has been. 

they didn't want to tell her because she seems a bit trigger happy. not the type to keep a secret and would tell it all out. plus, she doesn't seem to have much intellect or scheming and wouldn't be able to understand her hubby. so it seems like criminal grandmother made a calculated choice. 

7 hours ago, maribella said:

Kang seems like a psycho. He is going to kill Yoon too, per preview? Or maybe it's the usual, make believe what-he-wants-to-do? 

gentle appa needs to have a little sense. he can't go around making claims to a suspected murderer. that is not very sensible. wonder how long he will stay alive... 

also the other name for this drama is 'bride of the typhoon' -- this means san deul or boy gentle really does not stand a chance. after all typhoons are not gentle are they? :lol:

did anyone else think those clay models that boy gentle was playing with looked a bit demonic like out of some horror movie? :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Episodes 1-3

This one started with a bang no doubt, with gory scenes of murder. We still don't know why Kang Baek San kill his boss (Il-Seok), I guess it has something to do with that document that Yoon Hee (Il Seok's wife) ran away with? Patent for a cream perhaps? 

Baek San's Omma helped Yoon Hee deliver her baby at the same time her daughter-in-law also delivered her twins. Fate would have it one of the twins died at birth and this gave Haelmuni a convenient excuse to swap the the dead twin with Yoon Hee's daughter! The unbelievable thing was that the doctor who delivered the twins was drunk on that day. How on earth can a drunk doctor be allowed to perform childbirth ?:wut: I cannot even fathom this!

But anyway, Yoon Hee managed to escape from her house, thus avoiding being burned as Baek San and his gambler detective chingu set the house on fire to wipe all the evidence away! They were still searching for her after Baek San learnt from his Omma that Yoon Hee was still alive. The writer seemed to have given us false lead as Yoon Hee was last seen closing her eyes and saying that she was joining her husband (in death presumably). But I can bet 1000 Won that she is still alive and will come back with a vengeance as a successful businesswoman that will be a threat to Le Blanc no doubt (wow, such a Frenchy name the writer gives to the company)!

We then had a time-jump of 10 years, with Yoon Hee's daughter (Ba Ram) getting all the love with her "Appa" and "Omma", much to the displeasure of her twin sister (Ba Da). She also had a star mole, yet another "Byeol". KBS dailies must really like star so much since we had 3 Byeols in Love Twist.

However, good things never last and soon enough Ba Ram's Omma discovered the truth, no thanks to the drunk doctor (who reappeared in Episode 3) and Hailmuni. That sent her really crazy as Ba Ram was sent to stay at Yoon Jae Ha's house temporarily. Yoon was Baek San and Il Seok's good friend who just returned from the US for a sabbatical. He was also digging for the real cause of Il Seok and Yoon Hee's death. He suspected Baek San and true enough, his friend fell into his trap and ransacked his house trying to find the evidence which Yoon claimed can reopen the case on Il Seok's death.

Meanwhile, Hailmuni lied to her hysterical daughter in law that Ba Ram was born because of Baek San's affair with another woman, while confessing to Baek San that Ba Ram was indeed Il Seok and Yoon Hee's daughter. This was overheard by Yoon and I bet he will tell Ba Ram soon. And I think he would also be killed by Baek San in Episode 4. 

The pace is definitely much faster compared to Gold Mask, and let's see if there's another time jump soon. I will be following this :rickroll:

• Like 8

Spoiler

The preview wasn't a dream, Kang told off Yoon and in the scene, little Yoon came back to where they were fishing and bumped into Kang on the way. Found the place was topsy turvy and no dad. 
I skipped a lot. But I caught the part where Kang's son had flashbacks seeing his father leaving the burning house. So he suspected his father of something. Next the maid fell down the stairs and died. She was nice to BR and probably found out something. Four dead.

This would be fun if not too gory and violent.

• Sad 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, maribella said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The preview wasn't a dream, Kang told off Yoon and in the scene, little Yoon came back to where they were fishing and bumped into Kang on the way. Found the place was topsy turvy and no dad. 
I skipped a lot. But I caught the part where Kang's son had flashbacks seeing his father leaving the burning house. So he suspected his father of something. Next the maid fell down the stairs and died. She was nice to BR and probably found out something. Four dead.

This would be fun if not too gory and violent.

Yes this one is going to be this and intense.

• Like 4

On 10/10/2022 at 10:34 AM, maribella said:

Another Tae Poong?? This does not bode well for the show. I don't like Park Ha Na's acting even in the Mysterious buyer or something when she was the FL. But I'll give it a try, since the replacement for SH seems a bit odd. The lead actress is not involved in a love triangle, I think.

There is a lot of blood  @nohamahamoud2002.  

I’m giving her a chance she did a great job in a. Young lady and gentleman I was surprise with her in that show then Fatal promise 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

So the boy who called halmoni in the fire was kang's son

I missed that part but the boy sassed the father, asked him if he's going to start a fire again.

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

wait, who were the other three? 

BR's parents, Yoon and SY -the maid. 

with the subs, BR and SY are reported dead. Kang obviously has a hand in it since SY really fell down the stairs. 

The mother and Yoon may have survived. 
There is BR's voiceover now which I hope will emerge as Park Hana soon. Abuse of  a child, and so sweet too, is very hard to watch.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

This drama is a lot better than the past ones we had like Red Shoes and Gold Mask that’s for sure. I just can’t wait for the time to skip to the present. My guess is going to be Episode 6 which is next week. But I totally agree it is still at a much quicker pace than our previous revenges.

Ugh I’m mad that they’re killing off the maid who was literally the only one besides the older brother who cared for BR. Also did anyone notice both BR as a child and the maid are actresses from Red Shoes? The maid was the rich aunty and the child played young Gemma. Wish the actress got a better role or maybe she’ll come back as someone else later down the line. But I just want to get to the present already. 

I think SD will be taken in by his uncle and BR will eventually run away soon but idk if she’ll meet her birth mother soon or if it will be after that Episode 1 beginning scene. Can’t wait to see the mom again after Second Husband. She’s playing a similar role where her husband is killed by a greedy “friend” and loses her child and reunites a lot later. But I do have fairly high expectations for this one since the beginning was done so well. We’ll just have to wait and see.

10 hours ago, joccu said:

Well well. The grandma. You took the child. At least you could be nice but then again blood is thicker than water. 

Exactly!! She felt bad enough to bring her in yet treats her horribly. Like do one or the other..

• Like 5

Was the boy from the fire being TaePoong supposed to be a secret until this episode? The boy was calling for dad/grandma. I thought it was obvious it was him, and that his attitude was because of that. 

I strongly dislike that family. Poor TaePoong having to live with a family of bullies. From the preview, he's going to feel so guilty that he couldn't protect her. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of adult he becomes.

Sweet SanDeul. Getting involved in the chaos against his will. When he grabbed Baram's hand and made a run for it when the mom was burning her clothes I laughed a little. He was thinking "this family is crazy, come with me!" He's just too nice to call them out. 

3 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

guilty that he couldn't protect her. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of adult he becomes.

The actor was in Dear Heaven which I had rewatched a few weeks ago. He was my idea of a Korean Jim Carrey :)

He looks a bit different here, can't tell if it's surgery or aging. Which one is the ML? Kang Junior or Yoon junior?

• Like 4

17 hours ago, maribella said:

BR's parents, Yoon and SY -the maid. 

with the subs, BR and SY are reported dead. Kang obviously has a hand in it since SY really fell down the stairs. 

The mother and Yoon may have survived. 
There is BR's voiceover now which I hope will emerge as Park Hana soon. Abuse of  a child, and so sweet too, is very hard to watch.

think both gentle appa and maid survived and will show up years later in some form. we never saw gentle appa's body. instead, it looks like a presume dead case of drowning. san deul said his dad could swim very well and it does not make sense he drowned.

the maid is played by somewhat well-known actress; she had the aunt role in red shoes -- can't imagine her popping up as a cameo for an episode for such a role. they could have used any random actress as housekeeper. 

so will keep the dead count to 1 as of now -- we now that ba ram appa is dead. ba ram's mom is going to show up later as she is in the poster. gentle appa and maid are question mark. 

re: @perfectmouse

• Like 6