[Drama 2022-2023] Vengeance of the Bride - 태풍의 신부 - Mon to Fri 7:50 - 8:30 KST

0ly40

4 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Yes, if Park Hana marries the son (he is supposed to be her brother, since she was raised by his father), then she will learn that her "supposed father" killed her real dad.

Is that the son? He was already giving the nice twin a gift - pendant and chain- and he's supposed to be gruff and unfriendly to others.  How could they be siblings? I have not heard an 'oppa' either.

Isn't this bad sister- good sister story overplayed? And being good or bad is genetic? I don't want to get sucked into an exasperating story.

Why were they commemorating the Second husband mum @nohamahamoud2002? She was killed by the father. 

• Like 10

9 hours ago, marrez1 said:

the drama has just started but there are already some spoilers per character description
I think the man FL is marrying is on the good side, he must not like his father very much, but yes, the devil is his father, anyway FL as a child knows him from her childhood since she will be raised by them before she learns the truth and her adoptive mother will kick her out
FL's biological mother is still alive, she is also on the poster, and per character description, she will have amnesia for several years before regaining her memory and getting revenge, she will go by another name, surely becomes rich in the present time

I wish I knew their secrets to getting rich in the present time! Lol!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, confusedheart said:

@Lmangla What do you think? Last time I watched a daily revenge drama, I waited forever for the revenge to begin. But my heart is fluttering. 

Hello chingus! We meet again on another daily drama thread. :D 

watching ep 1, grandma stands out. she so nonchalantly drops a blanket over the dead body and then proceeds to play midwife all without missing a beat. :lol: I was like 'wah, thats some impressive nursing / ERT skills!' ... then she decides on a baby swap even before she realizes the mother is dead? so thats some spidey tingley senses! 

drunk doctor was kind of amusing. will he pop up more later? 

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

3 hours ago, maribella said:

Is that the son? He was already giving the nice twin a gift - pendant and chain- and he's supposed to be gruff and unfriendly to others.  How could they be siblings? I have not heard an 'oppa' either.

Isn't this bad sister- good sister story overplayed? And being good or bad is genetic? I don't want to get sucked into an exasperating story.

Why were they commemorating the Second husband mum @nohamahamoud2002? She was killed by the father. 

You mean Park Hana's mom?

She was hiding in a cottage. Maybe she was thought to be in the burned house? That's why they thought she died?

She seems to have disappeared.

I read this somewhere 

"Eun Seo Yeon learns about business mogul Kang Baek San's involvement in her mother's disappearance. She plans on tracking down her whereabouts by marrying his son, Kang Tae Poong".:

I watched raw, the mother overheard halmoni saying something about Park Hana? She tells her, don't call me omma. She is named Baram. I guess she knows now that's not part of Baek San's family?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

You mean Park Hana's mom?

She was hiding in a cottage. Maybe she was thought to be in the burned house? That's why they thought she died?

She seems to have disappeared.

I read this somewhere 

"Eun Seo Yeon learns about business mogul Kang Baek San's involvement in her mother's disappearance. She plans on tracking down her whereabouts by marrying his son, Kang Tae Poong".:

I watched raw, the mother overheard halmoni saying something about Park Hana? She tells her, don't call me omma. She is named Baram. I guess she knows now that's not part of Baek San's family?

Yup that’s what I’m getting too. She realizes one of her daughters is not hers and she yells at both saying which one is not mine? 

I knew they purposely included that scene with the FL and the fake mom to show that blood is important over everything else and one of the catalysts for FL’s revenge.

I also agree the first episode was done really neatly and I am looking forward to the time skip (hopefully within one or two episodes and not like a week or longer). Can’t wait to see how Oh Seung-Ah becomes evil again lol.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

He was drunk? I watched that scene

and wondered how come the doctor did not know the baby was dead or dying. 

4 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Eun Seo Yeon learns about business mogul Kang Baek San's involvement in her mother's disappearance. She plans on tracking down her whereabouts by marrying his son, Kang Tae Poong".:

That's the official summary. We will get to see that part early if this is a revenge drama. 
It seems odd that they grew up together and then she married him.

I think she gets kicked out and grew up somewhere else.

• Like 8

Well, that birth secret came out fast :lol:

San-Deul is such a cute/calm kid. TaePoong was yelling at him and he was just staring at him like he was a wild animal. It was cute. 

@maribella You're right! Good/Bad sister is overdone. I don't like that these dramas always make it seem like the only way for there to be conflict is for one of them to be born bad. In this case, it's definitely that family that has made the girls like this. Grandma spoils Bada because she is her blood grandchild and everyone else likes Baram because she is kind and smart. That family has basically raised the girls to compete against each other, and only Bada took the bait.

11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

watching ep 1, grandma stands out. she so nonchalantly drops a blanket over the dead body and then proceeds to play midwife all without missing a beat. :lol: I was like 'wah, thats some impressive nursing / ERT skills!' ... then she decides on a baby swap even before she realizes the mother is dead? so thats some spidey tingley senses! 

I'm conflicted because my favorite Grandma actress is playing a smooth criminal evil witch and plays it too well!

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 2

23 hours ago, maribella said:

I found the kids interaction rather amusing. normally all these kid scenes are annoying but the fight scenes seem natural, petty and amusing at the same time. I was laughing at how he said no singing either. both the girls said oppa a few times. so they all feel like siblings. kind of icky if she marries him later though. imagine the origin story -- "once upon a time, we thought we were siblings. then we weren't. years later, I married him for revenge. thats how mama and papa bear met. " :lol:

13 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

San-Deul is such a cute/calm kid. TaePoong was yelling at him and he was just staring at him like he was a wild animal. It was cute. 

he is supposed to be "gentle" as per his name. :sweatingbullets: I found it amusing that he immediately links his name with ba ram and comes up with "gentle wind" -- he is the perfect candidate to join any shipping community. already coming up with couple names. wonder what ba dam means -- I want to know what their combined names mean. :lol:

• LOL 7

54 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

already coming up with couple names. wonder what ba dam means -- I want to know what their combined names mean. :lol:

Bad am? Bar am? Some of their names sound Anglais: Yoo Jin, Hun Ny 

Are these coincidences?

As I have said before this good sister bad sister is one too often, the other show also has a good girl bad girl trope. 

So now the mother knows only one is hers, will she send the other to an orphanage.

Why did the grandmother pretend that both twins survived?

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, maribella said:

Why did the grandmother pretend that both twins survive? 

I think because the father died, she was worried about the child. But really did she deduce that the mom is dead too? Or she wanted a rich family for Baram?

After watching today's episode, nothing much happens except for kicking Baram out, only to come back later. Her "mother" treats her so bad, her "sister" pushes her away.

Just wondering, why did Baek San attempt to murder San Deul's dad?

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

the child. But really did she deduce that the mom is dead too? Or she wanted a rich family for Baram?

I guess we will find out with the subs. It's quite illogical. Your son killed the father and maybe mother too and you keep their baby in your son's family?

Bad am's dad is a murderer. He will probably try again. 
If Bar am grew up being mistreated by that family, it would be logical if she could use them for her revenge.

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Lmangla said:

Howabout her coming unglued that her son might kill a mother that had just given birth and yet she didn't hesitate to steal that same woman's child.

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I found the kids interaction rather amusing. normally all these kid scenes are annoying but the fight scenes seem natural, petty and amusing at the same time.

I'll agree on all but one - when jealous sister rips up the others report while she just stands there and watches - then the other tries to grab her arm and be besties? :huh: ... maybe after a screamfest first, but no not a single protest - just a tad unbelievable.

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

he is supposed to be "gentle" as per his name.

I see alot of Ki Seok in his future ... Red Shoes? anyone... anyone?

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Just wondering, why did Baek San attempt to murder San Deul's dad?

Isn't San Deuls dad the detective that was going reopen the investigation to the fire and the couples death?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I miss some points because I watch raw and can't wait for the subs lol. When the subs are out at the end of the day, I find myself unable to watch again with subs

(my watchlist is long).

Anyway the drama will be aired next week on KBSWORLD on TV, which is easier than smart phone.

The first episode of the drama was intense, I hope it cools down a bit, although the villain twin will be too much to handle :(

• Like 5

20 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

I'm conflicted because my favorite Grandma actress is playing a smooth criminal evil witch and plays it too well!

Why are both dailies having evil old Hailmuni as the baddie right now??

And it's also a tale of amnesia, missing/swapped daughter/grand-daughter....:facepalm:

Can the writers think of other storylines?

I bet there will be a Truck of Doom or Car of Doom planned already down the road......

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

11 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I'll agree on all but one - when jealous sister rips up the others report while she just stands there and watches - then the other tries to grab her arm and be besties? :huh: ... maybe after a screamfest first, but no not a single protest - just a tad unbelievable.

Isn't San Deuls dad the detective that was going reopen the investigation to the fire and the couples death?

I teach kids here in Korea, and no way would one of them be like "Yay bestie!" after their notebook was ripped up. Even the sweetest kids can be super petty when other kids touch their stuff :lol:

I think they said SanDeul's father was their old friend/coworker. He was in America when the murder happened and was suspicious of the deaths. I mean... who wouldn't be? He set up the fire in a way that made it seem like the gas burner fell over, but then the report said the fire started in the kitchen :vicx:

Anyone else feel like telling the wife why they took her in would have been the better choice? She likes being rich, and if they hadn't killed Baram's father they definitely wouldn't be living they way they are now. Telling her the truth would at the very least, make her treat Baram better than she has been. 

Kang seems like a psycho. He is going to kill Yoon too, per preview? Or maybe it's the usual, make believe what-he-wants-to-do? 

The poor girl is going to be abused by the mother and sister, and neglected by the father and grandmother. I can't watch it. I skipped many episodes of SJ being abused by YR.

So by right, Bar Am has shares in the company, maybe that is why Kang wants her back.

• Like 7