[Drama 2022-2023] Vengeance of the Bride - 태풍의 신부 - Mon to Fri 7:50 - 8:30 KST

0ly40

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

think both gentle appa and maid survived and will show up years later in some form. we never saw gentle appa's body. instead, it looks like a presume dead case of drowning. san deul said his dad could swim very well and it does not make sense he drowned.

the maid is played by somewhat well-known actress; she had the aunt role in red shoes -- can't imagine her popping up as a cameo for an episode for such a role. they could have used any random actress as housekeeper. 

so will keep the dead count to 1 as of now -- we now that ba ram appa is dead. ba ram's mom is going to show up later as she is in the poster. gentle appa and maid are question mark. 

re: @perfectmouse

Great summary. You made really good points and I am inclined to agree with you. Yeah only 1 is 100% dead but I’d be happy to see all of them team up for a giant revenge. SD saying that probably was for a reason.

I will say though the actress for the maid really only had her first major role with Red Shoes and in the other daily, the dead husband is played by the younger brother in Red Shoes so it’s not a sure fire thing but I really want to see her pop up again. You can think of it the other way and say that it’d be even weirder for the aunt from Red Shoes to only have that role to come back only to get killed off in a literal week. But it sounds unlikely that both the maid and SD’s dad get amnesia for 20 years to never have made contact with BR and SD respectively.. 

Super excited to see the main cast finally show up. I can already tell this one’s going to be hellova lot spicier than Gold Mask ever was lol

• Like 4

4 hours ago, maribella said:

Poor SY, she's dead.

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

the maid is played by somewhat well-known actress; she had the aunt role in red shoes -

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo not Mon Amio! :cry:

Now that we're headed for a time jump, I just gotta say, that little actress playing Ba-Ram has been nailing it - the unfortunate abuse scenes are especially hard to watch because she is so good, and captures the hurt so well. 

Well done Ms Lee A Ra 

Happy Clapping GIF

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Lmangla said:

think both gentle appa and maid survived and will show up years later in some form. we never saw gentle appa's body. instead, it looks like a presume dead case of

I have seen Yoon's actor a few times, so he may come back as a main actor. SY the maid? Three amnesiacs? It would be a record. I think the maid is dead, the crooked 'tec will have that over his head.    Even Though it does seem too elaborate to send little FL to an orphanage via a death etc. 

This is more interesting than WG. I just cannot like or dislike any of the characters, except perhaps the very annoying fake SY. Good guys are too subdued and the bad are too obvious.

Kang's family is really unpleasant to say the least, but they are strong characters. The son if he is the ML, please be illegitimate. :flushed:

Little FL is so cute and I may overlook PHN's previous attempts, when I watched the pest JA in GM, it struck me that they were using the PHN type in earlier dramas. Though PHN was not as annoying.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, maribella said:

I have seen Yoon's actor a few times, so he may come back as a main actor. SY the maid? Three amnesiacs? It would be a record. I think the maid is dead, the crooked 'tec will have that over his head.    Even Though it does seem too elaborate to send little FL to an orphanage via a death etc. 

This is more interesting than WG. I just cannot like or dislike any of the characters, except perhaps the very annoying fake SY. Good guys are too subdued and the bad are too obvious.

Kang's family is really unpleasant to say the least, but they are strong characters. The son if he is the ML, please be illegitimate. :flushed:

Little FL is so cute and I may overlook PHN's previous attempts, when I watched the pest JA in GM, it struck me that they were using the PHN type in earlier dramas. Though PHN was not as annoying.

ML not being blood related to that family would remind me too much of Second Husband lol. I was really hoping the maid would be alive somehow since I really liked the character plus the actress had a much bigger role in Red Shoes and it would just be awful for them to only have her for a week.. maybe she’ll return as a different character or something but most likely not. :(

• Like 5

mama kang cracked me up when she was shocked that baram had been kicked out. gave the same side eye as criminal grandma. lady, you cried and cried and said you would kill yourself and then shocked that the child was kicked out of the house? 

then papa kang is way to dramatically comical evil like out of the cartoons. someone tell this actor that he is not going to get paid extra for those facial expressions. :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

59 minutes ago, perfectmouse said:

ML not being blood related to that family would remind me too much of Second Husband lol. I was really hoping the maid would be alive somehow since I really liked the character plus the actress had a much bigger role in Red Shoes and it would just be awful for them to only have her for a week.. maybe she’ll return as a different character or something but most likely not. :(

It is possible to have a good person in an awful family, but who knows what the writer has in mind. 

I think the writer is keeping his  options open, these long dailies often changed directions so the 3 'dead' characters can be revived when necessary.

• Like 6

The drama is starting on KBSWORLD next Monday. I think it is a good thing for me to watch on TV, as I know now what to expect :)

@maribella as you said, there is so much bloody scenes. I think there are too many gory scenes for a KBS2 daily. I guess no reason for this anymore.

BS is a double-face hypocrite. He is a monster inside but outside he puts a mask of a good husband and father and successful businessman. 

Park Hana's mom was in Sunny Again Tomorrow, she was a villain, here is the opposite.

@Lmangla good to see you here :)

• Like 7

Reunited and it feels so good ~

Finally a daily that my eyes feast upon. I came in blind for Park hana, and I am content.

In a way, it's like a happy meal combo of all the dailies leads I've watched throughout my adulthood. 

Great to be back to join the snarky commentary gang as we sit back and watch fire ablaze! :w00t:

nbc brooklyn 99 GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

... and the Oscar goes to - :lol:

OMG! I thought it was gonna be close between Papa Kang's teeth sucking snarling, and Momma Kang's nearly hyperventilating in every scene, but then we get the Comically corrupt cop :rolleyes:

I really hope things calm down a bit as the actors get into their characters, that last episode was hard to watch. 

• LOL 4

51 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

yperventilating in every scene, but then we get the Comically corrupt cop :rolleyes:

He looks so sloppy. In A Secret house, the crooked 'tec turned straight but if this detective killed SY, he is not going to turn a new leaf.

Yes @nohamahamoud2002 it is quite scary. I hope SY's death, fake or real, is the last bloodletting.

I just remember where i first saw Yoon. He was the king in Dae Jang Geum and a few sageuks.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Poll time!

Is Criminal Grandma the most devious character so far?

1642927f897b38bf14bbf26db4b0113a.gif

Please vote! Thank you to @Lmangla sweetie who designed the poll questions :kiss_wink:

@maribella @perfectmouse @backstreetboysfan @Lmangla @LeftCoastOppa @joccu @tofumochu @nohamahamoud2002 @CupcakeEonni @Newbie21SG @Yazusa 

re: @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

Caught up:

I really like this set up. The maid or San Duel's father has to be alive. I don't see any other way for Ba-Ram to find out the truth. The brother knows part of the truth so that is one way. 

For both or one of them to be alive they would need to have amnesia or be in a coma. I don't see any other way they would have been separated from San Duel/Ba-Ram. 

4 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Neither Dead Count in the Poll can be correct - we know from the Drama Poster that Ba Ram's real mother is alive somewhere and will return ... Asianwiki says with another name (Seo Yoon-Hee / Jung Mo-Yeon)

Why is Ba-Da on the right side with Ba Ram's real mother and the San-Duel? Wouldn't it make more sense for her to be on the left side since she will prob be more aligned with her mother/brother. 

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote images. Thanks!
  • Like 5

Why is BR wearing a tiara? Goodness she became a beauty queen. This would be the first beauty queen for me to have watched.

So this is is a very capable young woman, just like HS. 

But does she have a bad taste in men? 
We'll find out. I hope SD is not a door mat like the character in Red Shoes.

• Like 5