[Drama 2022-2023] Vengeance of the Bride - 태풍의 신부 - Mon to Fri 7:50 - 8:30 KST

0ly40

Summary 

"Eun Seo Yeon learns about business mogul Kang Baek San's involvement in her mother's disappearance. She plans on tracking down her whereabouts by marrying his son, Kang Tae Poong".

I think there is birth secret? Two women give birth at the same time. One of them gives birth to a dead child. I still can't figure out the plot.

• Like 5

Another Tae Poong?? This does not bode well for the show. I don't like Park Ha Na's acting even in the Mysterious buyer or something when she was the FL. But I'll give it a try, since the replacement for SH seems a bit odd. The lead actress is not involved in a love triangle, I think.

There is a lot of blood  @nohamahamoud2002.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

First episode and already a revenge scene right from the start - Park Ha Na's character pouring wine and causing short circuit :wut:

This was followed by a brutal murder scene....

Many familiar characters - Oh Seung Ah and Ji Soo Won (from the Second Husband).

I will follow this & Witch's Game.

• Like 10

I watched raw. Park Hana's parents are both dead. Her father was murdered by the man with glasses. Park Hana has an older brother. She has a birth mark. Halmoni helps park Hana's mother give birth. The child is ill, so she takes it to the hospital. At the same time the wife of the man with glasses gives birth to a twin, one of them died and gets replaced by Park Hana, so the murderer will raise both of them. :(

so halmoni is the only one who knows about Park Hana's parents. The murderer even set the house on fire to hide his crime. Park Hana's brother is the only witness. Oh Seung Ah is a villain here, she is jealous of her supposedly "twin sister".

• Like 6

• 0ly40 changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Vengeance of the Bride - 태풍의 신부 - Mon to Fri 7:50 - 8:30 KST
7 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I watched raw. Park Hana's parents are both dead. Her father was murdered by the man with glasses. Park Hana has an older brother. She has a birth mark. Halmoni helps park Hana's mother give birth. The child is ill, so she takes it to the hospital. At the same time the wife of the man with glasses gives birth to a twin, one of them died and gets replaced by Park Hana, so the murderer will raise both of them. :(

so halmoni is the only one who knows about Park Hana's parents. The murderer even set the house on fire to hide his crime. Park Hana's brother is the only witness. Oh Seung Ah is a villain here, she is jealous of her supposedly "twin sister".

FL is one of twins and the guy's name is Tae Poong? And the writer is ....? A man in a veil is going to haunt me for many more shows. It used to be 'the unknown woman' that kept flashing back to me.

I am curious now, the SFL in 'Second husband' is PHN's twin who hates her. When did I see that? :D 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

I'm starting this against my better judgement. I'll be upfront and admit that I am not a fan of either of the female leads... but I made it through Golden Mask with its terrible acting, so maybe I'll be fine :vicx:

The first episode was actually impressive. The opening scene set up the tone of the drama, and the flashback set up the major conflict. I am actually looking forward to seeing how the truth about her birth comes out, so the first episode did its job to make me want to watch.

13 hours ago, maribella said:

Another Tae Poong?? This does not bode well for the show.

Howabout another baby named Star?  Not a good name if you want your baby to live :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Newbie21SG said:

I will follow this & Witch's Game.

Was looking forward to Witch's Game too - then found out its starting tomorrow. Hope we don't get those Friday cliffhangers on Monday's

5 hours ago, chococarmela said:

If Yoon Hee's actress is Jung Mo-Yeon later on, does that mean she was saved and came back for revenge on Kang Baek-San?

Has to be - only question is, who found her, and where is she now?  Also, since she must still be alive, whose body was found in the house? The news report stated both husband and wife died in the fire.

4 hours ago, maribella said:

I am curious now, the SFL in 'Second husband' is PHN's twin who hates her. When did I see that? :D

I just hope they come up with a better motivator than simple sibling rivalry, otherwise SFL isn't really a villain, she's just another victim of the baby swap, one step removed.

So quick questions out of the gate ...

- Opening scene, whose blood is on her dress when she walks into the meeting?

- Synopsis tells us our FL will marry the baddies son to get revenge. What if the baddies son is actually good?

- Start the clock - how many episodes til FL finds real Mom?

- Ji Su-Won is playing real Mom ... will she be able to pull down another "3 x Ommas"? :lol:

A decent start ... I don't like the credit music though

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

So quick questions out of the gate ...

- Opening scene, whose blood is on her dress when she walks into the meeting?

- Synopsis tells us our FL will marry the baddies son to get revenge. What if the baddies son is actually good?

- Start the clock - how many episodes til FL finds real Mom?

- Ji Su-Won is playing real Mom ... will she be able to pull down another "3 x Ommas"? :lol:

A decent start ... I don't like the credit music though

the drama has just started but there are already some spoilers per character description
I think the man FL is marrying is on the good side, he must not like his father very much, but yes, the devil is his father, anyway FL as a child knows him from her childhood since she will be raised by them before she learns the truth and her adoptive mother will kick her out
FL's biological mother is still alive, she is also on the poster, and per character description, she will have amnesia for several years before regaining her memory and getting revenge, she will go by another name, surely becomes rich in the present time

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Howabout another baby named Star?  Not a good name if you want your baby to live :rolleyes:

No more swapped babies or fake paternity please. A Secret house gave us a woman who fooled her husband twice with two different men. 

Fake twins were in A man in a veil and ML was Tae Poong. Goodness,  these writers must copy from each other. 

Spoiler

I sort of watched Glamourous Temptation to see if actress Cha was woodenly as in Gold Mask. 
How do I say it nicely? Not so woodenly, but stiffly. :Megalol: How could she get worse with time (2015 > 2022)? Her eyes did not bulge so much then. She spoke as if she was waiting for her cue then and now. She is so pretty, if only she loosens up and stops waiting for her cue.

SFL got married to avenge her dead father and likewise FL in A secret place married a guy for revenge and protection.

Can't they think of other story lines? 

• LOL 4

I haven't watched much daily dramas and barely finished any so I'm no expert, but I hope they won't be spending too many episodes to show backstory and we would reach the adulthood phase soon.

My guess is that Park Hana is going to find out about her real parents either in childhood or teenage years by some means (probably accidental eavesdropping, finding her mother who's alive or something) and run away from the house. They'll think her dead and she would arrive years later as an adult with another name to marry the eldest boy.