[Drama 2022-2023] The love in your eyes - 내 눈에 콩깍지

0ly40

I watched the first 6 episodes this morning, and I really like the leads so far. 

The female lead while way too generous to her in-laws, still has a bit of a spark in her, and I like that. I'm not a fan of leads that let everyone walk all over them, so it is nice to see a character with a bit of fire. She's really hardworking and that's why grandpa is drawn to her (I love love love him and I wouldn't mind seeing him play matchmaker :vicx:). 

The male lead seems like someone I would want on my side. He definitely takes after his grandpa. I like that he wants to understand the actual stores before heading to the main office, and how he respects his grandfather and the household staff. I get the feeling that he was not treated well by his "mother." She definitely doesn't care about him and from the interactions we've gotten, I can understand why he learned to hide his feelings. 

@CupcakeEonni Would be nice if he would play matchmaker. But i don't think he knows that YY has a child i guess. Unless he did a background check on her. I like that she has her brother in law fear her :D . I like ML and Grandpa Personality and moral character. They are definitely the most similiar. The only one ML has opened his heart to completely is Grandpa. Will be YY and Mirinae later. Another favorite for me is FL bestie. I feel bad for her since she will be matched with the useless brother in law.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

I watched the first 6 episodes this morning, and I really like the leads so far. 

The female lead while way too generous to her in-laws, still has a bit of a spark in her, and I like that. I'm not a fan of leads that let everyone walk all over them, so it is nice to see a character with a bit of fire. She's really hardworking and that's why grandpa is drawn to her (I love love love him and I wouldn't mind seeing him play matchmaker :vicx:). 

The male lead seems like someone I would want on my side. He definitely takes after his grandpa. I like that he wants to understand the actual stores before heading to the main office, and how he respects his grandfather and the household staff. I get the feeling that he was not treated well by his "mother." She definitely doesn't care about him and from the interactions we've gotten, I can understand why he learned to hide his feelings. 

THIS! I was talking about it the other day where I really loved how the FL was different compared to the cardboard boxes before. Don’t get me wrong FL is still a bit of a pushover but at least she is feisty and energetic unlike all the other ones we had before. Also love the ML as well and is different from the cold but kind trope (ok he is a little bit but it’s easy to warm up to him more imo). First time I actually like both leads in the start of a drama. 

• Like 4

@perfectmouse Yes indeed. I did like the ML from the start. Hes alittle cold and closed off thanks to his Stepmother. But hes definitely not a jerk like most chaebol are at the beginning. He's also willing to learn from the bottom and do the dirty work to better prep for helping to manage the company in the future. He listens to YY instructions and by interacting with her he learns more about the FL and her character. Also i think the FL has good working ethics. When she explain stuff and also about hygiene from having to wash up after too drunk customers.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, perfectmouse said:

THIS! I was talking about it the other day where I really loved how the FL was different compared to the cardboard boxes before. Don’t get me wrong FL is still a bit of a pushover but at least she is feisty and energetic unlike all the other ones we had before. Also love the ML as well and is different from the cold but kind trope (ok he is a little bit but it’s easy to warm up to him more imo). First time I actually like both leads in the start of a drama. 

I also did like the ML and FL in this drama.  I don't want the FL to go soft or just be a door mat later.  She is fair and even though she got yelled at, by her MIL, and she was crying, MIL will repent (possibly) about being mean to the FL.  I hope the writers don't go soft on the meanies.  Every drama I see it becomes a Kumbaya moment  (YR in Gold mask).  HAte those kind of writers.  

I like the ML too, he is not cocky that he is a chaebol (unlike his step mom).  Easy on the eyes and looks handsome when he smiles especially at YY.  

• Like 2

Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

The wrong person is matchmaking 

I need that stepmother to keep her mouth shut and stay out of KJ's love life.

KJ's face when HM said she missed him was so funny. He looked horrified!

He definitely has zero romantic feelings for her, and seems uncomfortable with her advances.

DoYoung is so annoying. She and DoSik are so frustrating. They, alongside their mother, need to grow up. It's like they think everything should be given to them. With how hard dad and grandma work, it's hard to believe they are so lazy and selfish. They must get it from their mother. 

@CupcakeEonni Agree with you on all points. I will definitely enjoy both leads falling in love. Their romance will be healing for both of them. This one doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth like Bravo My Life did with CY. Even if i enjoyed them in the last 1/3 of the drama, i still had a hard time getting over that he was involved in the hit and run. This drama ML is unaware. YY and Mirinae deserve to be loved properly and so does the ML. Also YY doesn't deserve to have to deal with her in-laws like she had for the last 5 years.

• Like 3

Ahhh I dislike the Mother in law so much. She lashes at YY every chance she gets.

Written Preview : 

Episode 9 Preview

Kyung-joon goes to the house to meet Haemi, who is arriving soon. The mistake in Young-i's clothes caught on her mind the whole time, and after making a phone call, he fell into a deep conflict when he heard the voice of Young-i, who was drunk and upset...

• Like 5

Drama from the Himae 's house -  the thinktank is thinking..............

Shinking away from what she started.  

2 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

Ahhh I dislike the Mother in law so much. She lashes at YY every chance she gets.

Written Preview : 

Episode 9 Preview

Kyung-joon goes to the house to meet Haemi, who is arriving soon. The mistake in Young-i's clothes caught on her mind the whole time, and after making a phone call, he fell into a deep conflict when he heard the voice of Young-i, who was drunk and upset...

why was the MIL lashing at YY - because she made her daughter do some of the work? or because she did not tell about YS buying stocks and losing the money.

@angelwingssf Don't really know. I just know MIL blames FL for like everything. From the preview it looks like ML will leave the family dinner with Haemi when he hears YY upset and drunk from a phone call.

YY also interviewed for a flower delivery company. They rejected her for having a child. I'm pretty sure.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

@angelwingssf Don't really know. I just know MIL blames FL for like everything. From the preview it looks like ML will leave the family dinner with Haemi when he hears YY upset and drunk from a phone call.

YY also interviewed for a flower delivery company. They rejected her for having a child. I'm pretty sure.

Thanks Lunkera -  I saw that she got rejected for having a child.  Here is the clip.  

I saw the clip of the MIL wanting to talk to YY because the FIL comes inside and wants to know everything about Do sik.  She is mad that YY told the FIL.  This MIL thinks that she can get mad every time without questioning how they got the information.  I wish it bites her (MIL) back.  

Preview of Next episode

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lunkera said:

I dislike the mother in law too. She's so ungrateful and doesn't seem to help out at home at all. She never wanted YY as a daughter in law, and then her precious son dies. She brings her into their family, not as family, but a live-in servant. She blames her for her son's death and is so ungrateful to everything YY has done for her.

The sister in law talks like a whiny child, and I dislike her a lot. I need Doctor Oppa to find someone else, because I don't want him with her. 

White clothes are a magnet for messes... and it was her fault too. I laughed when she was blaming KY when she was looking at her phone when they bumped into each other. Poor guy felt so bad, especially with her yelling about his debt. He wanted to help her so bad :lol::lol::lol:

Her not getting the job because she has a child happens a lot. It seems so old fashioned, but a lot of companies think that having a child means she won't be available or will have family emergencies taking her away from work. It's so icky and would be so discouraging. Then to get home and have her MIL attack her for her son's incompetence. Ugh. 

@CupcakeEonni I feel so bad for YY. Can't wait for the day she moves out of her in-laws house to get married with KJ even if it is at the end. Can always hope they get married 2/3 through the drama. She needs a time-out from her in-laws, it's not her duty to deal with the useless BIL and the whiny brat. Atleast in KJ house, they don't dare go against Grandpa. So hopefully he stays alive the entire drama.

Both YY and KJ was at fault but i guess she lashed out cause of the job interview. Atleast she will get a stable job at TS Retail headquarters. From the teasers of the drama, i'm guessing KJ isn't aware. So i'm guessing Grandpa is pulling some strings?. 

Unfortunely it's not that unusual with getting rejected from having a child i agree. Seen it alot in dramas, not just korean ones. As you said, they will consider her unreliable. Still don't like it.

Anyway, looking forward to today, when KJ will most likely leave the family dinner with HM to go to drunk YY :D. MIL will panic when she sees another man carrying YY. She can't be nice to YY but she doesn't want her to get remarried either....

• Like 6

YY actually talked back after both MIL and FIL scolded her. Got upset with them and went out drinking by herself. KJ is waiting for Haemi but receive a phonecall from a drunk YY. KJ escapes before HM even arrives :D . KJ has to deal with her drunk antics. Grandma bribe Doyoung to find out what is going on. With Eun-Jin(FL Bestie) help, MIL finds Dosik in a sauna and beat him up infront of other people and embarasses him while Eunjin watching :D .

10 previews

In the end, Eun-sook catches him, but Do-sik is taken home and faces Bok-hee and Chang-il in fear.
Meanwhile, Young-i, who was struggling to get a job, was recommended by Chairman Jang and has another good opportunity ahead of her...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1