[Drama 2022-2023] The love in your eyes - 내 눈에 콩깍지

0ly40

12 hours ago, Lunkera said:

YY actually talked back after both MIL and FIL scolded her. Got upset with them and went out drinking by herself. KJ is waiting for Haemi but receive a phonecall from a drunk YY. KJ escapes before HM even arrives :D . KJ has to deal with her drunk antics. Grandma bribe Doyoung to find out what is going on. With Eun-Jin(FL Bestie) help, MIL finds Dosik in a sauna and beat him up infront of other people and embarasses him while Eunjin watching :D .

10 previews

In the end, Eun-sook catches him, but Do-sik is taken home and faces Bok-hee and Chang-il in fear.
Meanwhile, Young-i, who was struggling to get a job, was recommended by Chairman Jang and has another good opportunity ahead of her...

Yes!! This made me so happy. Finally a FL not afraid to set things right with their in laws! And so elegantly done as well. Though I’d hope she’d stop being so forgiving to all of them.. Also disappointed by the FIL who seemed to be decent but is acting similar to his wife.. Well it’s just the sad truth that blood matters more after alls been said and done.

Grandma brining DY was hilarious and she looked so eager to spill everything for the money. Still not a fan of her but at least she’s not mean spirited just very immature and lazy. 

This drama is off to a great start and I already feel accustomed to the characters. That normally happens halfway through the drama for me so well done I guess lol.

• Like 2

@perfectmouse I feel the same. The characters are easy to remember and I already know who I like and who I don't. It's a nice change of pace from some of the other dailies I've watched. 

I hope the younger sister grows up. She may not be mean-spirited, but that kind of selfishness can sometimes be more hurtful than outright meanness. It's why DS's words hurt YY so much. She always gives and gives and they just take and take more, and then when she doesn't give them what they want, they turn on her. It bothers me more than if they were just mean. 

The fact that the mother in law thought "she can do that much" about YY giving up a stable job for her child is horrible. It's ridiculous to expect someone to constantly sacrifice for your family when they come last on the list of your priorities. 

ML helping her instead of going to the dinner shows that he is opening up to her. I like that, and I have my fingers crossed that grandpa will like it too.

Does anyone think stepmom caused the accident that damaged KJ's eyes? She was acting strange when they talked about how he lost his eye sight. It makes me suspicious of her. 

2 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

@perfectmouse I feel the same. The characters are easy to remember and I already know who I like and who I don't. It's a nice change of pace from some of the other dailies I've watched. 

I hope the younger sister grows up. She may not be mean-spirited, but that kind of selfishness can sometimes be more hurtful than outright meanness. It's why DS's words hurt YY so much. She always gives and gives and they just take and take more, and then when she doesn't give them what they want, they turn on her. It bothers me more than if they were just mean. 

The fact that the mother in law thought "she can do that much" about YY giving up a stable job for her child is horrible. It's ridiculous to expect someone to constantly sacrifice for your family when they come last on the list of your priorities. 

ML helping her instead of going to the dinner shows that he is opening up to her. I like that, and I have my fingers crossed that grandpa will like it too.

Does anyone think stepmom caused the accident that damaged KJ's eyes? She was acting strange when they talked about how he lost his eye sight. It makes me suspicious of her. 

Oh yeah for sure. She doesn’t realize how hurtful she is being alongside DS. I personally think being explicitly mean spirited is worse since those types literally do not have a solution but at least with these types, they seem to eventually understand their nastiness that wasn’t intentional and owe up to it. Of course it usually happens once something big happens to them rather than just figuring it out for themselves but I think since this is supposed to be a family drama that the two younger siblings will end up becoming better people with the help of YY of course. But I just hope it doesn’t take until the end of the drama lol. 

Yeah MIL is still my least favorite character by far. The way she thinks YY can sacrifice so much as if it’s nothing really is maddening. Glad YY is able to see that she is being exploited much quicker than other dramas haha.

Hmm I have no clue when stepmom married into his family but she did say that his eyes were damaged at around 5 years old? But it seems that his younger brother isn’t that much younger than him so it very well fits the timeline but my takeaway was that she got nervous because she just didn’t care about him and didn’t remember the details that made her flustered when asked about it. Or at least I hope that’s what it was but now that you bring it up, I think it could very well be possible..

@CupcakeEonni I heard others talk about Stepmom may have caused ML blindness on a commentary section i use. It would not surprise me in the least.

Regarding YY family, the only ones i like are Mirinae and Grandma. Among the 4 annoying flies, DY has the most potential to mature by working at Eunho clinic. She can atleast mature by having a job. He can also help her grow up. The other 3 is a lost cause and i feel sorry for Eunjin since she will be paired with useless brother in law and she deserve way better. Probably someone like KJ friend, Grandpa secretary. But atleast i can have fun seeing Eunjin putting Dosik in his place. 

It's not YY responsibility to solve everything with the in-laws. The only responsibility she have is to raise and support her daughter. In-laws is just making everything 10 times harder for her. I would love to see KJ in the future stand up to them aswell.

Grandpa will probably be against for a little while after finding out YY is a widow and have a child. Unless he has already made a background check of her. I hope he lives the entire drama. Since he already likes YY, i would like to see him interact with YY as his Granddaughter-in-law and Great Granddaughter-in-law Mirinae :D 

• Like 2

Ending scene was kinda hard to watch. 2 old men was sitting outside the convenience store drunk and started to sexually harass YY. KJ came and intervened and it ends. Seems like YY stopped herself in last minute from going to the work interview?. From the preview, grandpa has not given up yet. So next week she starts working at TS Retail headquarters. That should be the end of the teaser scenes of the drama. Wow i also hated how much they babied Dosik. MIL still hasn't learned her lesson and want Dosik to continue studying to be a doctor.

Episode 11 Preview

Eun-sook goes on a suspicious outing with a suit she doesn't normally wear and even makeup. Leaving behind Changil, who was puzzled by his colorful outfit, he headed somewhere with a sad expression on his face.
Meanwhile, Kyung-joon tells Young-i that she has finished working at the convenience store. Young-i hears the news and falls into an unknown feeling...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

Episode 11 Preview

Eun-sook goes on a suspicious outing with a suit she doesn't normally wear and even makeup. Leaving behind Changil, who was puzzled by his colorful outfit, he headed somewhere with a sad expression on his face.
Meanwhile, Kyung-joon tells Young-i that she has finished working at the convenience store. Young-i hears the news and falls into an unknown feeling...

• Like 4

I like haraboji and haelmoni, I am shipping them together :D

I disliked the sis in law at the beginning because she is lazy, but when she defended YY in front of her parents (about Doshik's indebtedness), I felt she is not bad after all.

I like YY's friend, she defends her, she is too good for the brother in law.

The new girl chasing KJ is insufferable.

@angelwingssf glad you're watching this :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I like haraboji and haelmoni, I am shipping them together :D

I disliked the sis in law at the beginning because she is lazy, but when she defended YY in front of her parents (about Doshik's indebtedness), I felt she is not bad after all.

I like YY's friend, she defends her, she is too good for the brother in law.

The new girl chasing KJ is insufferable.

@angelwingssf glad you're watching this :)

Hello hello chingu!

I don't want to ship Haraboji and HAelmoni.  I am shipping the male lead and the female lead (KY and YY) - so do not want anyone else to interfere with that.  Also, I think YY is Haelmoni's friend's grand daughter -  the one in the photograph.  Don't know what happened to YY parents.  

I kind of like DY (sister in law) that she was not raised well by her parents.  She is lazy for sure, but she is not mean.  So, I think as many have said she is going to be paired with EJ (YY friend's brother).  He likes YY, but she considers him like a brother.  She said so in the car.  

HM is the worst of all.  She is raised in richness, pretty arrogant and her mother is to blame for that.  She will have to come down at least couple of feet of notches down for grandpa to consider her for the KJ's brother.  

I like that the YY is not a pushover - but I would want her to move out and live on her own in her studio.  

I was reading some chats on Disqus and many were commenting on how the parents and grandmother treated Dosiik.  

Many might think it was coddling a person who did something - like losing money and then trying to run away or stay away from the family.  We don't know what the circumstances of his brother dying was and the family would want him to not do anything drastic to himself.  I think the writer might have thought about that with a huge global recession in the forefront.  

• Like 3

Starting from last episode, YY called KJ honey and pretended to be a couple and acting cute. Then she pointed at the surveillence camera.

YY did buy shoes for Mirinae and at the same time bought slippers for KJ. KJ said its his last shift. He gave YY a pair of sneakers. YY gave KJ the notebook of all she have recorded regarding convenience store. YY says its all in her haid anyway i think.

Episode 12 Preview

After seeing the TS Retail intern job posting, Young-i reaffirms her will not to run away this time. Suddenly, I feel Kyung-jun's vacancy and wonder if he's doing well.
Meanwhile, Chairman Jang became uncomfortable with Yoon-hee's check-ins, which began ahead of Kyung-jun's departure to the headquarters.
Kyung-jun makes Yoon-hee immobile by telling him not to meddle because he is the one holding his own painting and brush…

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

HM will cause trouble :(

her mother is so nasty too

yep.  Looks like KJ is in good terms with HM.  But she will definitely not like KJ falling for YY.  

Haraboji is so happy that YY is going to interview at TS retail.  He is making sure that KJ gets to know her really well.  Does he know that the cornea that KJ received was from YY 's husband?  He seems pleased.  

Did the MIL get 100000 from the BIL?  Was that a loan or just free money?

MR tells all to her mother.  Everything that happens in the family, YY was appraised of.  

Was today a SHOE day --  Everyone who received them change their path from tomorrow?  ISn't that the notion that is widely followed in Korea.  Walk a better life with these shoes.  Waiting for subs.

• Like 1