Game: Guess the drama - Sageuk version

Sleepy Owl

Thanks for the tag @Sleepy Owl

Blind items writers, is this a dry run for the Christmas guessing game event? :tounge_xd:

Aiya, I think I only saw 2 or 3 (1 some episodes and clips) among these dramas! :sweat_smile:

Anyway, here are my guesses that I'm fairly certain I got right. Ahahaha, should be right cos those are the dramas I fully watched and partially watched. :tounge_wink:

Spoiler

1. Empress Ki

5. Jewel in the Palace

10. Mr Queen

• Like 2
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Just wondering, what is it about Sageuk that is not to your personal liking?  Would you mind sharing it?  

Are you asking me?

I'm going to answer it anyway.

I have nothing against sageuks or idiotic dailies. I just happened to start on something and needed to know the end, so I watched a show.  I only have so much time, so it's triage.

The last sageuk that I'd watch was Lovers of Red Sky, very straight forward and greatly enjoyable. The current The Alchemy of Souls is mindboggling to say the least.

Any show must have a RobinHood or Richard the Lion Heart type hero and equally admirable heroine. I think that's why AOS didn't grab me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 3

Thanks @maribella for the response. It's for anyone who find sageuk is not their cup of tea.  I appreciate it very much.  Me too loves dramas which have female leads that have admirable qualities especially in that era where it is rare to be seen by public.  I guess that's why I still love Jewel in The Palace (I can't remember how many times I've watched it) , The Flower In Prison  etc.  It will always start when they were children and grew up to become beautiful, smart ladies facing various challenges etc.   Not so much as damsel in distress. 

p.s

BTW, I've learnt a new word - triage. Tq 

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

It's time to disclose the answers!!!! 

sing-sing-universal.gif

• Blind #1 - Empress Ki
  • Blind #2 - Hwarang
  • Blind #3 - The King's Affection
  • Blind #4 - Faith
  • Blind #5 - Dae Jang Geum
  • Blind #6 - Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo
  • Blind #7 - Red Sleeve
  • Blind #8 - Arang and the Magistrate
  • Blind #9 - Love in Moonlight
  • Blind #10 - Mr. Queen
  • Blind #11 - River Where the Moon Rises
  • Blind #12 - Mr. Sunsine
  • Blind #13 - Great Queen Seondeok
  • Blind #14 - Chuno: The Slave Hunters

Great Job Chingus for guessing the correct answers!!!

6b9cfa0244b4b0b711123e44b6166571.jpg

Thank You Chingus for participating, hope you all had fun solving the blinds :fullofhearts:

Please feel free to reach out to us, your friendly neighborhood EOs with your suggestions for events, including Quick Polls.

Your Resident and Friendly Neighborhood EOs

@Sleepy Owl @partyon @agenth @confusedheart 

Tagging: @frozentundra @YongZura⁷ @leo2020 @maribella @ktcjdrama @Min2206 @SleepyKitty @Lmangla @joybran @CarolynH @Jiyuu @madmad min @willenette @joccu @rocher22 @nohamahamoud2002 @itsmeash @MayanEcho 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

Am i late?

Here are my guesses

Spoiler

1) empress ki

4) faith

5) Dae jang geum?

6) moon lovers

8) Arang & the magistirate

10)  mr queen

12) mr sunshine

13) queen sen deok

14) chnuho (slave hunters)

The rest I dunno or either I don't think i watched them

• Love 1
  • Blob 2

7 hours ago, Photo Photo said:

Am i late?

You can still make guesses :yay:

7 hours ago, Photo Photo said:

The rest I dunno or either I don't think i watched them

I had only watched 2 sageuks on this list as I am not a big sageuk fan. But @Sleepy Owl made sure that these clues are written in a way that one can find the drama by googling the clues. :kiss_wink:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

• 2 weeks later...