[Drama 2022] Good Job 굿잡

Lmangla

@backstreetboysfan... a loyal fan to this site....hehee

Saw two episodes, not bad...

Ive always wanted Jung Ill Woo to succeed, he is a lead material, looks good in seguk and modern drama, and as CEO too:heartxoxo:

Great to see them working together again, though i was NOT a fan of JIw's messy outlook in Bossom :D... which i didnt really didnt watch.. i heard its happy ending :phew:

Lets hope the chemistry is off the chart for this drama...:D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

@backstreetboysfan... a loyal fan to this site....hehee

Ive always wanted Jung Ill Woo to succeed, he is a lead material, looks good in seguk and modern drama, and as CEO too

Great to see them working together again, though i was NOT a fan of JIw's messy outlook in Bossom ... which i didnt really didnt watch.. i heard its happy ending 

Lets hope the chemistry is off the chart for this drama...

Aww thanks :) haha, Yeah me to I am a fan of his as well. Yeah they are, aww I get that, I thought it was good, I think it is.

• Like 3

Randomly stumbled upon this drama and saw 2 eps already. I do like the chemistry and the unique plot. And especially Jung Il Woo's smiles... aaaah 

reminds me of when he played in Cinderella and the 4 Knights.

• Like 2

starting ep 1 and find the name of the necklace 'queen's tears' and the curse interesting -- so greeks and romans thought of diamons as 'tears of gods'. in that way, the necklace is aptly named. also, it has tear drop pattern design. 

as for the curse, it reminds me of the famous hope diamond and the legends of the curses that go along with it. some of the owners had bloody deaths, others faced financial ruin and many lost their loved ones through divorce or some other tragedy. 

BWY4zJ7vtirGPCMippqN8n-970-80.jpg.webp 

it is interesting because diamonds are marketed as 'romantic' these days but it is a fairly modern invention created by de beers company shortly after WWII ended and was done to boost their sales. so they came up with the idea of a diamond engagement ring and it took off from there.

otherwise, historically gemstones have a reputation for being cursed and not necessarily bringing fortune to the wearer. sometimes, it is good for you and sometimes not. not sure if they say it in other places but in our community, we say that diamonds doesn't actually suit all people. so if you do well with rubies, sapphires and other stones, maybe your family is not good with diamonds. other gemstones such as ruby and sapphire are seen as 'warm' whereas diamonds are 'cold' 

my family kind of believes that though. ^_^ my aunt was gifted a diamond ring and she faced an accident the same day. she was so unnerved that she immediately removed it and sold it later. no diamonds for us! hahhaha... -- we prefer zircons instead. (can look simliar to diamond for its tint and shine but far far cheaper) 

just random musings.. back to me watching ep 1. :D 

• Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 10:58 AM, realistic2280a said:

finally finished first ep; agree that is not bad but not great either. it seems to be one of those time pass dramas that you just watch with one eye closed. a good thing if that is what you are in the mood for. :)

On 8/26/2022 at 11:21 PM, agenth said:

Randomly stumbled upon this drama and saw 2 eps already. I do like the chemistry and the unique plot. And especially Jung Il Woo's smiles... aaaah 

reminds me of when he played in Cinderella and the 4 Knights.

it reminds me of those old detective crime capers on tv which have a not so serious vibe. some cases are serious but mostly it is about the cast just having fun and random banter. 

On 8/27/2022 at 8:16 AM, CarolynH said:

I started this last night and so far, it seems promising.  I was laughing watching JIW on the pink scooter going 50 mph

that was pretty funny! so far, the side kick attorney yang seems to be the really funny one. I think the directing is a bit all over the place but it took about the end of the episode for the drama to really find its groove.

other ep 1 thoughts:

-- ellie the dog was so cute; wagging its little at him :D
-- he has a really nice car. usually chaebols are always seen arriving in black cars. here, they went with this retro look with a blue and white. don't think I have seen that before. what about other chingus? 
-- attoryney yang was really funny when he was affronted that 'vroom' (bike) was mistaken for 'pink panther' (scooter). hahahhaha... 

-- does he go to work once a year as chairman? nice to be rich eh? :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jung Il Woo And Girls’ Generation’s Yuri Pretend To Be Devoted Newlyweds For Their Mission In “Good Job”

ENA’s “Good Job” has shared an exciting sneak peek of the upcoming episode!

“Good Job” is a mystery drama that follows the romance between chaebol Eun Sun Woo (Jung Il Woo), who leads a second life as a detective, and Don Se Ra (Girls’ Generation’s Yuri), a woman with super vision.

Spoilers

Previously, Eun Sun Woo and Don Se Ra ended up working together to solve a mystery and took various transformations for their mission. At the end of episode 2, Eun Sun Woo, who figured out Don Se Ra had a special ability, did a test on her to check if she really could see far away, leaving her speechless.

In brand-new stills from the upcoming episode, Eun Sun Woo and Don Se Ra infiltrate the hospital to find Oh Ah Ra’s (Shin Go Eun’s) whereabouts, and this time, they pose as newlyweds. Don Se Ra acts as a patient and even wears a hospital gown, whereas Eun Sun Woo nurses her with utmost care. He diligently feeds her as she happily accepts the food. Furthermore, Don Se Ra struggles to walk on her own, and it’s unusual to see how Eun Sun Woo, who has no experience of helping anyone as a chaebol chairman, takes care of the smallest things for her. On the other hand, Don Se Ra seems to be enjoying the situation, drawing laughter.

Yuri-1-2.jpg

Jung-Il-Woo-2-2.jpg

Spoiler

Jung-Il-Woo-Yuri-1-2.jpg

Jung-Il-Woo-9.jpg

Yuri-5.jpg

Jung-Il-Woo-Yuri-4.jpg

The drama’s producers teased, “In the third episode, which will be broadcast tomorrow (August 31), Eun Sun Woo and Don Se Ra will turn into newlyweds for their investigation. The events that happen in this process are expected to bring laughter and excitement to viewers. Please pay attention to Jung Il Woo’s and Yuri’s acting as they portray this scene with the best teamwork.”

The next episode of “Good Job” will air on August 31 at 9 p.m. KST.

Jung Il Woo And Girls’ Generation’s Yuri Pretend To Be Devoted Newlyweds For Their Mission In “Good Job” | Soompi

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@Lmangla Chingu, sometimes it's nice to watch a drama where you don't need too many brain cells.  :joy:

so true.

ep 2 was fun from a distance and since I don't have to think so much, I am not obsessing over details that would drive me nuts with its lack of logic. since this is so obviously just fun, no need to think at all.

though I did really wonder about those neon pink shoes that she wore with her dress. been a while since I went shoe shopping but I certainly have never seen neon pink shoes. hahahahah ^_^

• Like 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 3! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Adamas” Maintains Lead Despite Stiff Competition From “Good Job” And “If You Wish Upon Me”

Fierce competition continues for Wednesday-Thursday dramas!

According to Nielsen Korea, the August 31 broadcast of ENA’s new drama “Good Job” garnered an average nationwide rating of 2.3 percent for episode 3, which is a slight increase from the previous episode’s score of 2.2 percent.

“Adamas” Maintains Lead Despite Stiff Competition From “Good Job” And “If You Wish Upon Me” | Soompi

• Like 1

You know. The leads are charming and face great chemistry and that’s what’s they are friending on. I get it. But the writing, story line, direction… just Gah. 

I am not having fun with this drama and episode 4 did nothing for me. 

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Yuri Desperately Looks To Jung Il Woo For Assistance In “Good Job”

ENA’s “Good Job” shared new stills of the upcoming episode!

“Good Job” is a mystery drama that follows the romance between chaebol Eun Sun Woo (Jung Il Woo), who leads a second life as a detective, and Don Se Ra (Girls’ Generation’s Yuri), a woman with super vision.

Spoilers

Previously, Eun Sun Woo found the missing actress Oh Ah Ra (Shin Go Eun). Eun Sun Woo also proclaimed that Oh Ah Ra’s case was unrelated to money, making viewers curious to find out the real reason she went missing.

The newly released stills depict Eun Sun Woo, Don Se Ra, and Yang Jin Mo (Eum Moon Suk) meeting Oh Ah Ra at a mysterious location. The upcoming episode will reveal the real reason behind why Oh Ah Ra had to disappear from the world even if it meant she had to use her death as a cover up.

Good-Job-4.jpg

Good-Job-3.jpg

In the photos, Eun Sun Woo takes the lead in having a conversation with Oh Ah Ra who has a complicated mix of emotions on her face at having been caught by Eun Sun Woo’s deduction. Oh Ah Ra’s woebegone expression makes viewers curious about why she planned such a dangerous stunt despite being loved by the public.

Spoiler

Shin-Go-Eun.jpg

Jung-Il-Woo-5.jpg

Eun Sun Woo also has a bigger question than why Oh Ah Ra tried to disappear from the world, and that question is how Oh Ah Ra came to possess his mother’s necklace that went missing 20 years ago. Eun Sun Woo presses Oh Ah Ra even more to find out about the necklace. Furthermore, Don Se Ra, who is moved by Oh Ah Ra’s circumstances, will come into conflict with Eun Sun Woo’s cold attitude.

Spoiler

Yuri-5.jpg

More stills also preview Don Se Ra asking Eun Sun Woo for help. Don Se Ra looks shocked to see something, and another still depicts her looking at her phone with a dark expression. At that moment, the car Eun Sun Woo and Yang Jin Mo use for the detective work drives by Don Se Ra. The final stills show Don Se Ra looking desperately at Eun Sun Woo while Eun Sun Woo looks back at her in surprise.

Spoiler

Yuri-6.jpg

Yuri-4.jpg

Jung-Il-Woo-3.jpg

The next episode of “Good Job” will air on September 1 at 9 p.m. KST.

Yuri Desperately Looks To Jung Il Woo For Assistance In “Good Job” | Soompi

• Like 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 4! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Good Job” Soars To No. 1 As It Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet

ENA’s new drama “Good Job” is on the rise!

On September 1, the mystery romance drama starring Jung Il Woo and Girls’ Generation‘s Yuri achieved its highest viewership ratings yet for its fourth episode.

According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Good Job” scored an average nationwide rating of 3.2 percent, pulling ahead of tvN’s “Adamas” to become the most-watched Wednesday-Thursday drama of the night.

“Good Job” Soars To No. 1 As It Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet | Soompi

• Like 1

This romcom just delivered all the laughs i ordered. 

That Plan B was gold and was well executed.

This movie like pace is so refreshing and i hope it becomes the norm. Slow Episode 1-4 is really hard for me. This drama was the complete opposite. I felt like I was dropped in the middle of the plot (Signal-like) but the good storyteller and the characters guided me through without making it feel like a drag. You look forward to the laughs --even expect it-- and yet it still delivers. There is a seriously thin line between corny and funny but I just find myself chuckling. 

Still cant get over Plan B XD

Edit. Lost my old account but i had to comment on this funny gem 

Edited by Pyre Works

On 9/1/2022 at 10:57 PM, RobinM said:

You know. The leads are charming and face great chemistry and that’s what’s they are friending on. I get it. But the writing, story line, direction… just Gah. 

I am not having fun with this drama and episode 4 did nothing for me. 

same! ep 3 was good but ep 4 felt like a vignette of short vlogs where nothing much happens. there wasn't much momentum and it would have been better if 20 minutes had been cut to make it tighter. 

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2022] Good Job 굿잡