SC2019

S04BO.jpg

credit: Tencent

Details:

Title: 祈今朝 / Qi Jin Zhao
English title: Sword and Fairy
Genre: Fantasy, action, adventure, romance

Director: Liu Guo Nan
Screenwriter: Chen Tai Long (陈泰龙), Wang You Fei (王幼飞), Zhao Zi Xi (赵梓汐)

Episodes: 36
Broadcast network: Tencent
Broadcast period:  

Note: Adapted from a Chinese RPG game of the same name.

Prequel: Chinese Paladin 5

Cast:

Xu Kai as Yue Jin Zhao
Yu Shu Xin as Yue Qi

Wan Peng as Luo Zhou Yan

Fu Xin Bo as Xian Qing

Jia Nai as Ming Xiu

Synopsis:

The two amnesiac youths, Yue Jin Zhao (Xu Kai) and Yue Qi (Esther Yu), have been wandering the land in search of their identities and pasts, only for Yue Qi to lose all of her money to a member of the Risen Soul Cult. In the process of trying to recover the lost money, they meet up with Luo Zhou Yan, the head of the "Evanescent" Luo family who is spearheading efforts in her region to destroy the cult and expose its crimes. As the Yue siblings and Luo Zhao Yan join forces with each other and members of the True Martial Alliance: Ju Shi Fang, Ming Xin, and her uncle Xian Qing, to root out the leaders of the cult while overcoming their personal demons and finding out about the mysterious organizations operating in the shadows. 

credit: MDL, Dramawiki

Trailer:

coming soon

OST:

coming soon

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, YouTube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse @SC2019

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Amnesia LoL oh boy.

Xu Kai and Esther - interesting. He does have a playful side almost similar to Dylan Wang LoL. 'Cause I feel Esther brings that out in her male co-stars LoL.

Not really a fan of costume period dramas but will give this a shot.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Amnesia LoL oh boy.

Xu Kai and Esther - interesting. He does have a playful side almost similar to Dylan Wang LoL. 'Cause I feel Esther brings that out in her male co-stars LoL.

Not really a fan of costume period dramas but will give this a shot.

I am a big fan of xianxia and wuxia.

In fact, I think I have been watching these recently and not the more modern ones.

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

• 9 months later...

this drama is close to be released.

18th Jan is not official yet, tencent removed the live broadcast date just a few hours ago, dont know what happened.

edit: To TS, please add "Chinese Paladin" tag if you dont mind. thx.

spacer.png

• Like 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Sword and Fairy 祈今朝, premieres Jan 18, starring Xu Kai & Esther Yu

This is such a fun show, and it hits so many of my favorite emotional dynamics with the main couple, Qi and Jinzhao--total trust in and devotion to one another, cute and playful, very handsy/lots of skinship, she's powerful and saves him all the time and vows to protect him, and they have a good dose of longing and angst. They're delicious together! 

• SC2019 changed the title to [ Mainland Chinese Drama 2024] Sword and Fairy 祈今朝