Wu Jia Yi as Chun Banxia
Gu Zi Cheng as Fourth prince
Han Yun Yun as Chun Jinrong
Chang Long as Shi Zi
Li Jia Qi as Chun Keling
Xiang Xia as Li Tengyun
Xu Yuan Chi (许远驰) as Shen Wangyan

Synopsis:

The drama tells the heartwarming story of Du Ru Yu, a single mother who has been widowed for 18 years, raising four daughters with very different personalities by herself. The family is full of laughter and tears. Du Ru Yu (Liu Lin) is a hard-mouthed but soft-hearted single mother. Her eldest is anti-traditionalist, Chun Jin Rong (Han Yun Yun), the second is diligent and a thrifty homebody, Chun Pei Lan (La Mu Yang Zi). The third daughter Chun Ban Xia (Wu Jia Yi) is upright and the youngest, Chun Ke Ling (Li Jia Qi) wants to dominate the martial arts world with her prowess.

Credit: MDL, Dramawiki, Baidu

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse

Please report to moderator @SC2019

• Like 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Lan Gui Xi Shi 兰闺喜事 starring Liu Lin, La Mu Yang Zi, Wu Jia Yi, Han Yun Yun & Li Jia Qi

Thanks a lot for the thread. I am looking forward to this, love such stories (IMO smth  Pride&Prejudice-styled is always fun to watch).However the fact they do not have an English title for this makes me really nervous :(.  I wonder if they plan to have English subs at all...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Thanks a lot for the thread. I am looking forward to this, love such stories (IMO smth  Pride&Prejudice-styled is always fun to watch).However the fact they do not have an English title for this makes me really nervous :(.  I wonder if they plan to have English subs at all...

hhmmm that is a good point, let's hope they will. This drama is really a gem as the plot moves away from the typical stuff we are used to watching. I have heard from a YTber that the costumes the cast don are quite authentic, based on the Song Dynasty, everyday clothes for common-er people, not the royalty, not those in power.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SC2019 said:

hhmmm that is a good point, let's hope they will. This drama is really a gem as the plot moves away from the typical stuff we are used to watching. I have heard from a YTber that the costumes the cast don are quite authentic, based on the Song Dynasty, everyday clothes for common-er people, not the royalty, not those in power.

Now I definitely want to watch it ASAP.:)

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Hilarious Family 兰闺喜事, premiered Sept 22, starring Liu Lin, La Mu Yang Zi, Wu Jia Yi, Han Yun Yun & Li Jia Qi

When the actor for Shi Zi appeared in episode 3, I knew this drama is sure going to be funny and entertaining. This actor has a talent for comedy. And the actress for the vegetable seller is also super funny. The way she drawls the vegetable names is hilarious. Watched up to episode 5. Lu Bu Ping is a mystery - don’t know his background yet. Also don’t know the motivations of old Master Guo, the medicinal hall doctor who willingly gives up 90% of his earnings to the Chun Family. The 4th Prince is for sure in love with Ke Ling, but how he is going to get his grandmother and his father, the Emperor, to accept her will be interesting to see.

Anybody else watching this?

• Like 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2023] Hilarious Family 兰闺喜事
  • 2 weeks later...