[Drama 2023] Divorce Attorney Shin/Sacred Divorce, 신성한 이혼

larus

Well, the noodle lady is like her mother in that she is very outspoken to a degree.   The call and meet at night was actually surprising….

Glad the older man and young wife played out well.  Self-deception is sad but was glad the truth was given the light of day for both their sakes.  Now the showdown with the attorney who lost and his boss, priceless.  Her getting taken off the FIL’s case was justified as she is scornful and not strategic or logical.  Emotions are running her.

Atty Choi’s mediation fight was hilarious [the “I’m 180 cm you fool…”] and streaming rant made me feel sad for him.  He did a good job finding out what a predator and unsavory character the husband was.

I did wonder if the friend who went on the group date, scared off his love interest when he sat next too her.  It seems he may have told her he’s the “be there or be square” guy giving off stalker vibes….He and the producer lady make a good couple….

The end brought tears to my eyes.  Children grow so quickly, shoes and clothes need to be tried on especially for boys.  Mom’s struggle is real and the limelight that brought her fame is the same to bring her a bad reputation; upside down universe it seems….

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 9! :).

“Taxi Driver 2” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High; “Joseon Attorney” Rises For 2nd Episode

“Taxi Driver 2” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High; “Joseon Attorney” Rises For 2nd Episode

JTBC’s “Divorce Attorney Shin” scored an average nationwide rating of 6.0 percent for its latest episode, 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1576875wpp/taxi-driver-2-ratings-soar-to-new-all-time-high-joseon-attorney-rises-for-2nd-episode

Here are the ratings for Episode 10! :).

“The Real Has Come!”, “Divorce Attorney Shin,” And “Pandora: Beneath The Paradise” All See Rise In Ratings

“The Real Has Come!”, “Divorce Attorney Shin,” And “Pandora: Beneath The Paradise” All See Rise In Ratings

Drama viewership ratings rose across the board last night!

Meanwhile, JTBC’s “Divorce Attorney Shin” climbed to a nationwide average of 6.9 percent

https://www.soompi.com/article/1577069wpp/the-real-has-come-divorce-attorney-shin-and-pandora-beneath-the-paradise-all-see-rise-in-ratings

Now that the nephew came in for help, I want to know what happened to atty. Shin’s sister in detail.  This should take another season to disclose and utterly ruin this lady who wanted her step-sons shares.  Her husband is wasted space with no backbone.  Yeah, I want him gone too but mom gave him a pass.

We need more time for the noodle lady’s romance with the divorcee so another season.

The teenaged brat would not go after her own mom but someone else’s.  Now that makes perfect sense, right?  No, it does not where I sit, but I don’t live in SK.  Go after the bio mom for abandonment.

Divorce Attorney Shin: Episodes 9-10

by lovepark

Lots of developments this week as our divorce attorney wraps up his latest case and dives right into his next one which may prove to be his biggest battle yet. While our hero marches towards his goal, those around him also find themselves at new crossroads and must decide if they want to move forward as well.

EPISODES 9-10

The short story “Our Toes are Alike” by Kim Dong-in is about an infertile husband and his young wife. One day, she becomes pregnant, but the husband ignores the obvious signs of infidelity and chooses to believe that he is the father. Thus, he grasps at any sign of resemblance and points out that their toes are alike. (For those interested, here is a link to a translated version.)

Like the famous prose, the farmer finds himself in a similar situation, and Sung-han reveals to the court what the husband knew all along: he is not the biological father. As Sung-han unravels all of the wife’s lies, the final nail in the coffin is her cause of injury — she planned it with her boyfriend to frame her husband. With that, the media turns on the wife and asks Sung-han if he will sue her for slander. Glaring at the reporters, Sung-han points out that she was not the only one to smear his client’s reputation.

After winning the case, Sung-han goes camping with his friends, and they talk about the farmer and his wife. The others tell Jung-shik that the farmer bought an apartment for her and their son in a different city, but in the end, she returned to him.

In some ways, the case depicts a bittersweet conclusion reminiscent of the short story that, I will admit, is more hopeful than the original. However, I feel like the case was wrapped up a bit too neatly, and a lot of the social commentaries were left untouched. Maybe it’s merely a disconnect between my own preferences and the show’s message (I am not a huge fan of the short story), or maybe I’m missing some cultural context to fully understand the impact. Either way, I wish the show could have offered a more modern take on an old tale and fully utilized the potential of its case, especially with the Vietnamese wife.

The trio sit at the ramyun shop together with bright smiles since Granny (cameo by Kim Hae-sook) is back! She shows her love to her regulars by scolding them one by one, but her scathing remarks are worth the delicious food. While Sung-han and Jung-shik praise Granny’s noodles, only Hyung-geun offers So-yeon a compliment. In that moment, she sees Hyung-geun in a new light, quite literally. (How is Kang Mal-geum this cute!?)

While our adorable ramyun shop owner falls in love, Seo-jin and Jun investigate their own case and go to meet the schizophrenia support group the husband supposedly attended. However, the sight of strangers sends Seo-jin into a panic, and she makes up an excuse to leave. Jun has enough tact to realize what is happening, and later that day, he confides in Sung-han about Seo-jin.

Jun attends his first mediation after joining the team and proves his worth as a capable attorney. Despite his cheeky attitude, his arguments are solid, and he exposes the husband’s lies without breaking a sweat. With all the evidence laid out, the husband drops the act and shows his true colors as an ableist scam artist. He gets into a heated argument with Jun, and the two start fighting in the middle of the room with the mediator doing his best to break them apart.

News of Jun’s skirmish has already reached the office by the time he returns, and everyone treads carefully as they comfort their newest hire. Sung-han barges out of his office, and unlike the others, he berates the younger attorney for his actions. However, Sung-han means none of it as he goes on his usual spiel of good-looking people needing to be careful in this world, and Jun nods along.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/04/divorce-attorney-shin-episodes-9-10/

Some of the friendliness seems fake like noodle shop owner's over-nice attitude towards lee seo jin and promoting her to customers who wete having food was quite annoying, also generally she is a good actress but in this drama actress playing so yeon, her acting is very weird and fake and something can't exactly point out but doesn't feel natural. Also choi jun getting emotional in mediation room like it was his personal thing was quite another overdone thing, be professional ,win the case and end it instead of getting emotional for clients. Lee seo jin's radio friend's sweetness is overdone too and comes off straight up fake and irritating, I end up skipping their scenes. Actress playing lee seo jin is just not doing justice to role and to top it off I really don't like her character and how everyone pumps her up as if she did some act of honor not adultery. All in all drama is great but writer went overboard in sweetness in some characters that you can't relate with it.

Apart from that, all 3 main guys are exceptionally well written and exceptionally well enacted, they are brilliant including MIL and the reason you come to watch this drama. Cho seung woo is such a wholesome actor that no words to praise him.

• Like 1

Cho Seung Woo, Han Hye Jin, Kim Sung Kyun, And Jung Moon Sung Share Closing Comments Ahead Of “Divorce Attorney Shin” Finale

Cho Seung Woo, Han Hye Jin, Kim Sung Kyun, And Jung Moon Sung Share Closing Comments Ahead Of “Divorce Attorney Shin” Finale

Apr 8, 2023
by S.Cho

The cast of “Divorce Attorney Shin” has bid farewell to the drama!

Based on a popular webtoon, JTBC’s “Divorce Attorney Shin” tells the story of a talented divorce lawyer punnily named Shin Sung Han (the word “shinsunghan” means “sacred” in Korean).

Ahead of the drama’s final two episodes, main cast members Cho Seung Woo, Han Hye Jin, Kim Sung Kyun, and Jung Moon Sung shared their closing remarks.

Cho Seung Woo plays the titular role of Shin Sung Han, a former classical pianist who becomes a divorce lawyer. The actor commented, “‘Divorce Attorney Shin’ was an incredibly special project to me. To the point where I feel regretful that it’s 12 episodes, I think I will have a hard time letting it go.”

He continued, “[‘Divorce Attorney Shin’ is] A precious project that 100 percent fulfilled the wish I’ve always pursued, ‘I want to do projects that can bear even small meaning and messages.’ I will remember this as a project that gave me lots of comfort through such warm connections. I loved everybody who worked on this project and thanks to them, I was incredibly happy. I sincerely thank you for watching.”

Han Hye Jin stars as Lee Seo Jin, a radio DJ and dedicated mother. Looking back on filming, Han Hye Jin recalled, “This was a set I was so grateful for that was always overflowing with laughter and warm people. The time in which I was able to work on this great project with great actors still feels like a dream to me.”

The actress added, “Above all, we were able to move forward well thanks to love from viewers. I will not forget the support of viewers, who became strength and comfort to us, just like Shin Sung Han, his friends, and PD [producing director] Bang Ho Young [Yoo Joo Hye].”

1-1.jpg

Shin Sung Han’s best friends Jang Hyung Geun and Jo Jung Sik are played by Kim Sung Kyun and Jung Moon Sung. As Jang Hyung Geun, Kim Sung Kyun meticulously captures the loneliness of someone going through separation and the nerves of venturing back into the dating scene. With the drama’s final episodes coming up, Kim Sung Kyun shared, “I feel so regretful and sad that it’s already the finale. I think I will really miss lawyer Shin Sung Han’s office, the ramen restaurant, Jo Jung Sik real estate, as well as the warm humans who lived within that.”

He continued, “On a good day, in a good place, and with a good project, I hope to meet again with the actors, producers, and viewers I laughed and cried with.”

Jung Moon Sung depicts the realities of being a true and honest friend in his role as the quirky Jo Jung Sik. He commented, “To me, ‘Divorce Attorney Shin’ was a warm and happy project. I am grateful for the time I spent with good people, sharing good stories, and laughing and being supportive together. I hope that our drama gave warmth to everyone too and that you are always full of love…”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1578723wpp/cho-seung-woo-han-hye-jin-kim-sung-kyun-and-jung-moon-sung-share-closing-comments-ahead-of-divorce-attorney-shin-finale

• Like 1

YES!!!!.  It seems the in-laws are against the desperate DIL who knows no shame in getting what she wants. When the son told his mom to stay out of it, tsk, tsk, tsk.  Comeuppance is going to bite.

I hope the middle schooler wins against her mom and gets some monthly allowance for grandmother.  Another shameless DIL.  Tsk, tsk, tsk.  Glad SH took GY’s money before evil stepmom could intervene.  The three amigos are the best.

:omg: I love the ending soundtrack….It fits…

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 11! :).

“Taxi Driver 2” Ratings Return To All-Time High Ahead Of Final Week

“Taxi Driver 2” Ratings Return To All-Time High Ahead Of Final Week

JTBC’s “Divorce Attorney Shin,” which has just one episode left in its run, dipped to an average nationwide rating of 5.4 percent ahead of its series finale.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1578817wpp/taxi-driver-2-ratings-return-to-all-time-high-ahead-of-final-week

• Like 1

Dunno the actress playing extremely ^#&$^$^=&=&÷&$& stepmom is good or bad but man she is definitely giving the acting which makes one jump through the screen and punch the character. She did a good job, gosh she is actually indirectly driving that kid to suicide.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shimmery-summer said:

Dunno the actress playing extremely ^#&$^$^=&=&÷&$& stepmom is good or bad but man she is definitely giving the acting which makes one jump through the screen and punch the character. She did a good job, gosh she is actually indirectly driving that kid to suicide.

She’s keen on having it her way.

The fact that she has not taken the child to the doctors for any regular visits was shocking.  The schools should require a record of something.   Anyway, she is cruel, demented, and hateful.  When her FIL refused to give her the stepson’s shares, I rallied, like SH rallied after hearing from the ex-driver on his nephew’s neglect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mskololia1 said:

She’s keen on having it her way.

The fact that she has not taken the child to the doctors for any regular visits was shocking.  The schools should require a record of something.   Anyway, she is cruel, demented, and hateful.  When her FIL refused to give her the stepson’s shares, I rallied, like SH rallied after hearing from the ex-driver on his nephew’s neglect.

Like imagine doing it in a country where suicide is so common. Vilest characters ever.

• Like 2

So shi.tty dramas come and run for 16, 20 episodes, a good show comes in such a long time and ends with just 12 episodes? Haven't watched ep 12 yet but not happy that it ended, they should start a new season very soon with 16 episodes and give more role to jeong sik. Also remove the female lead totally character actress everything about her, and stop making choi jun's character so obedient and over emotional and brown noser type.

I stuck around this drama for the trio of boys.

However, the FL really was unnecessary, and also the evil stepmum's end was acclimatic. I suppose this drama is more slice of life anyway, but the end fell flat in how the court case wrapped up, as the reason Gi Yeong hated his home, was mainly due to absentee / zombie dad, and the evil stepmother.

The thing about the stepmum which really, really makes my head ache is, that she hated gi Yeong so much, wanted to send him away, but got all osbessed about the uncle-nephew relationship she wanted to destroy. The funny thing was how she accused his uncle of being obsessed with the nephew. 

The drama ended with the best part of the drama (the three friends), because everything else kind of sucked (the cases, the FL). 

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 12! *Last episode* :).

“Divorce Attorney Shin” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet

“Divorce Attorney Shin” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet

JTBC’s “Divorce Attorney Shin” went out on a high note!

On April 9, the webtoon adaptation starring Cho Seung Woo and Han Hye Jin achieved the highest viewership ratings of its entire run for its series finale. According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of “Divorce Attorney Shin” scored a nationwide average of 9.5 percent—nearly double the ratings earned by its penultimate episode the night prior.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1578945wpp/divorce-attorney-shin-ends-on-its-highest-ratings-yet

Yay for the ratings uptick and I’m all for another season.

I must be easy to please because I enjoyed the wrap up and custody win for our dear Divorce Attorney Shin.  If he did not gain custody of his nephew that would have been a miscarriage of justice for the child.  His father was person non grata but the 2nd wife will have to live with it.   She goes back to being ignored and sharing his roof, name, and child.  

by Lily Alice, April 10, 2023
9 5

Divorce Attorney Shin concluded its series with ratings of 9.48%(nationwide) and 10.53%(Seoul) - the highest it has achieved among the 12 episodes aired. The average rating of the entire K-drama is 6.61%. The drama maintained single-digit viewership throughout the series. 

E5xp2z_2f.png

Where to watch the K-drama Divorce Attorney Shin?

All the episodes of Divorce Attorney Shin are available to stream on Netflix

https://mydramalist.com/article/divorce-attorney-shin-ends-with-highest-ratings-pandora-beneath-the-paradise-sees-improvement

Divorce Attorney Shin: Episodes 11-12 (Final)

by lovepark

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/DivorceAttorneyShin1112-001.jpg

It is finally time for our divorce attorney to face his last foe, but all the planning in the world might not be enough to win this seemingly impossible case. However, losing is not an option since his nephew’s life is on the line, and our hero refuses to give up without a fight. Along with his friends and a powerful ally, our divorce attorney attempts to change history and achieve his happily ever after once and for all.

EPISODES 11-12

I always thought Sung-han became a lawyer because of his sister’s death, but as it turns out, his true motivation has always been to protect his nephew. Though the path forward still eludes him, Sung-han knows that he is running out of time when Gi-young comes to his office in tears. Things are more terrible at the Seo household than he imagined, and he learns that his nephew is suffering from depression and binge eating disorder.

While Sung-han spends sleepless nights trying to come up with a solution, his friends worry about him and decide to help in their own way. Since Young-ju recently fired Gi-young’s trusted driver, Jung-shik thinks tailing Gi-young for days in his flashy car is a good idea — it was not.

Sung-han picks up Jung-shik at the police station and crosses paths with Young-ju. She accuses him of using Lady Ma and Gi-young to steal their family’s money, and then she insults Ju-hwa for acting so desperately in the past to get her share as well. He realizes that there is no point in reasoning with her and walks away.

Hearing Young-ju’s rant gives Sung-han enough clues to put the pieces together about Lady Ma’s situation, and he confronts her about the real reason for her divorce: she wants her share of the company to secure Gi-young’s future. When Lady Ma confirms his theory, Sung-han wants to know why she would go so far for her grandson, and she replies, “Because he is Ju-hwa’s son.”

All this time, Lady Ma cherished her late daughter-in-law in her own way and remembers the time they spent together fondly. As the truth dawns on Sung-han, he offers to negotiate on her behalf to avoid a divorce while still accomplishing her goal since she should not have to sacrifice herself in order to protect Gi-young.

Thus, Sung-han meets with Chairman Seo in person and gets him to agree to Lady Ma’s terms. The tidy resolution to a potentially messy divorce leaves the chairman wondering what Sung-han’s goal is in all of this. With a smile, Sung-han tells him that he will file for a termination of parental rights against Gi-young’s father.

After saving face thanks to Sung-han, the couple grabs dinner together, but the already sour mood turns rancid when Chairman Seo mentions Sung-han’s plans. He believes Sung-han will steal the money from Gi-young, so she informs him of Sung-han’s one condition in exchange for helping her: she is not allowed to give her shares to her grandson. Realizing that she, too, can change, Lady Ma decides to go through with the divorce, but this time, it will be for her sake.

Determined and ready, Sung-han goes up against Gi-young’s father and his army of lawyers in order to rescue his nephew from his suffocating home. Despite coming prepared with witnesses and CCTV footage, Sung-han struggles to sway the court and prove that Gi-young will be better off living with him.

Afterwards, Sung-han has a private meeting with Gi-young’s father and asks him how he can close his eyes to his son’s suffering. He tells him that he will never give up, and from the moment he quit playing the piano, he started this war.

As doubts creeps into his mind, Gi-young’s father finds his mother and asks her about Ju-hwa’s death. The reason for Lady Ma’s determination to protect Gi-young stems from the night Ju-hwa died since she overheard the conversation between her late and current daughters-in-law. Twisted with jealousy, Young-ju threatened to kick out Gi-young from the family if Ju-hwa did not stop, and told her to disappear from their lives so Gi-young could forget about her. After that harrowing call, Ju-hwa crossed the street in a daze and met her untimely end.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/04/divorce-attorney-shin-episodes-11-12-final/

Initially I had thought psycho wife wanted son's custody because she didn't want the husband to meet ex wife because of son but now I am confused why she actually was so hell bent on keeping the child. What was the reason? Also if she was doing it for wealth I really don't get how she can snatch that kid's share that he will surely get from his grandfather or father, like how she can control it and give it to her daughter? This show had lot of weaknesses where main one being time wasted on rubbish banter by these characters, cheater dj, her show writer friend who was the lamest character in kdramas' history, choi jun's useless blabbering, noodle shop owner's fake niceness and more fake acting and her useless banter, and time was not utilized in explaining many key points of the core of the show. Like at one point shin says that we need to find out if park yu seok and psycho woman did something illegal to get divorce for his sister and suddenly we see he is in courtroom and God knows how he knows that illegal thing was leaking the medical history. Also how a kid could hire a lawyer like when shin tells his nanny off by saying he is my client so how was that possible?

Like real things in the show that mattered were ignored like they didn't exist and time was wasted on childish banter by grownasss adults.

Also please don't write such crappy characters like female lead's, I had no sympathy for someone like her except her child, and I still can't believe how writers tried to justify her cheating or played it down. Same viewers who defend her were up with pitchforks against male characters in dramas who also cheated their spouses due to abuse like love, marriage ft divorce's lawyer guy. Also her abusive language during the show was as crass as the person writing those comments for her. Anyone abusing this way publicly on a public platform is not the person to be followed at all.

I liked the show, had great moments specially 3 friends and bonding but it also leaves you empty due to lack of explanations and time given to issues forming the main part of drama's storyline and lot of time wasted on useless giggling and nonsense, this is where writing gets poorer and childish.

Ep 12 left a very unfulfilling feeling as it felt rushed, the case was quickly wrapped up when it deserved more time.

But anyways, great attempt, a 2nd season would be great but I doubt the writer would change the way of writing much from s1.

3 friends, their friendship and 2 boy kids, even the step sister's characters and mil made the show memorable.

The psycho didn't get what she deserved, he should have divorced the worthless scum, also nephew's dad is as much a criminal as much the step mom so I seriously hate him and I feel he didn't have the right to show holier than thou attitude to his wife, like he is the one who also stole medical records so he was part of it, then whatever was happening to his son weren't revelations to him, he knew what his son is going through, and when all of it was revealed in court he still watches it silently as if nothing big has happened like you are fcking seeing in court how bad your son's state is and he is unmoved, only learning about the phone call details he gets shaken up which was actually nothing big compared to evidence revealed in court about his son's current state and step mom's dirty games, and despite seeing that the father was so nonchalant, so his sudden change was a surprise but on top of it his attitude towards his wife and acting as if today he has learnt her wrongdoings was very unconvincing, like while seeing everything in court he was still fighting shin sung han about backing off from the case.

If he had put his foot down no bi.tch stepmom could have trampled his son. People are lame when they blame others when they are the major part of the wrongdoing.

Still psycho mistress got away so easy when a major shame should have been heaped on her.