[Drama 2023] Divorce Attorney Shin/Sacred Divorce, 신성한 이혼

larus

'Sacred Divorce' Han Hye-jin "I'm the richest among the roles I've played, be careful of scenes with children"

Han Hye-jin mentioned the part that focuses on the character in 'Shinseong, Divorce'. On March 2, at 2:00 PM, JTBC's new Saturday drama 'Shin Sung-han, Divorce' (script Yoo Young-ah, director Lee Jae-hoon) production presentation was held online.

Han Hye-jin, who took on the role of radio DJ Lee Seo-jin, who was a weathercaster in the play, and drew the process of proceeding with a divorce lawsuit, said, “I was worried about how to make the viewers accept it well because it is a character with reasons for guilt.” I was more concerned about my back than in my previous works.”

https://photo.newsen.com/news_photo/2023/03/02/202303021348222510_1.jpg

7df639c1-0093-4ef8-8b31-553e6f609430.jpg

“I think it was the richest of the roles I’ve played so far. I was always poor and miserable. I was able to prepare the styling more fun than the previous works. The scenes in the courtroom were also difficult, but it was time to treat the child as a mother with a sense of guilt. The scene with the child was careful and difficult,” she added.

Also, regarding the behind-the-scenes casting, "Actor Jung Moon-seong was the same in the previous work, and when I first met actor Cho Seung-woo, I thought to myself, 'This is Cho Seung-woo.' I remember sweating," he said. He continued, "When I first met actress Han Hye-jin, I heard a lot of good things. Working together would be fun and she had a kind heart. I met her more comfortably than Seung-woo. That was similar to the character in the play," he added.

https://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/375229

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202303021348222510

202303021506331337_l.jpg

Actor Jung Moon-seong pointed out the behind-the-scenes story of styling.

2023030201000149000014291.jpg

On the 2nd, at the online press conference for JTBC's new drama 'Shinseong, Divorce', Jung Moon-seong said, "I didn't want to look too old and unfashionable."

Kim Sung-kyun and Jung Moon-seong will take on the roles of Jang Hyeong-geun and Jo Jung-sik, respectively, and will show off their 30-year chemistry with Shin Sung. Kim Sung-kyun boasted of the atmosphere on set, saying, "While filming the drama, I felt like I laughed a lot and chatted with my co-stars, so all the works I filmed went well. The same goes for this set, so of course I think it will go well."

Jeong Moon-seong said, "I didn't want to look too old and unfashionable, so I combed my hair as nicely as possible. I chose clothes that I could digest. I also wear old shoes because new shoes are unnatural, but I wore shoes that are in very clean condition." For the role of Jo Jung-sik, he conveyed the styling he cared about.

At the same time, she also confessed the behind-the-scenes story due to styling. Jung Moon-seong said, "Before filming, Seung-woo kept telling me to put my pants on. It was a serious scene, and even though it wasn't in the script, he said, 'You wear your pants down.' Then Seung-woo Jo said, "I told him to wear it down and wear it up. But when I put it on, it was strange and embarrassing."

https://sports.chosun.com/news/utype.htm?id=202303020100014900001429&ServiceDate=20230302

• Like 3

Premiere Watch: Divorce Attorney Shin

by missvictrix

202303021506331337_l.jpg

Time slot: Saturday-Sunday
Broadcaster: JTBC
Genre: Legal, drama
Episode count: 12

Reasons to watch: As much as I love my youth dramas, it is always gratifying to have a drama that focuses on the more mature characters in their 40s that are usually relegated to bosses or parents or even baddies. Here, our heroes — all three of them — are a tight-knit crew of longtime pals. They’re led by our main character (Jo Seung-woo), a pianist turned divorce lawyer. Ignoring for a moment the prevalence of divorce attorneys in dramaland of late (is this a new sub-genre trend, or what?), it will be refreshing to get a story of friendship and life through the eyes of some fun ajusshis. Our screenwriter last brought us Thirty-Nine, so take that for what you will. For me, it means I’m hoping (as in *HOPING*) for a script that brings these ajusshis and their relationship to life, but has a plot that steers away from the overly sentimental. Hey, an ajumma can hope, right?

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/03/premiere-watch-divorce-attorney-shin/

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Crash Course In Romance” Heads Into Finale On Highest Ratings Yet As “Divorce Attorney Shin” Premieres To Strong Start

Meanwhile, JTBC’s new drama “Divorce Attorney Shin” got off to a promising start. The new series starring Cho Seung Woo and Han Hye Jin premiered to higher ratings than its predecessor “Agency” (the drama that previously occupied its time slot), scoring a nationwide average of 7.3 percent for its first episode. (For comparison, “Agency” premiered to an average nationwide rating of 4.8 percent earlier this year.)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1570446wpp/crash-course-in-romance-heads-into-finale-on-highest-ratings-yet-as-divorce-attorney-shin-premieres-to-strong-start

• Like 1

I watched episode 1 and can't wait for the next episode to air! It has a very interesting premise, as the first case is about a celebrity getting a divorce as her marriage imploded due to her affair on video - but it also shows that her marriage was broken way before her cheating. 

One thing that caught my eye was that his law office looks quite shabby, but his apartment looks super chic. That disparity had me wonder about his background, even before the preview stated he used to be a pianist and left Germany ... 

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

“Crash Course In Romance” Ends On 6th Highest Ratings In tvN History

“Crash Course In Romance” Ends On 6th Highest Ratings In tvN History

Finally, JTBC’s new drama “Divorce Attorney Shin” earned a nationwide average of 7.317 percent for its second episode, marking a slight increase from the premiere’s average of 7.272 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1570607wpp/crash-course-in-romance-ends-on-6th-highest-ratings-in-tvn-history

• Like 1

Divorce Attorney Shin: Episodes 1-2

by lovepark

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/DivorceAttorneyShin0102-022.jpg

Once a pianist, now a divorce attorney, our titular hero navigates the courtroom instead of concert halls and helps people by using the law rather than music. While his peculiar background still remains a mystery, our hero clearly has a goal in mind and is charging forward with no plans to stop.

EPISODES 1-2

The show wastes no time in introducing its viewers to its eponymous hero SHIN SUNG-HAN (Jo Seung-woo). Though trained as a pianist, Sung-han left his music career behind to practice law in Korea, and while details are sparse for now, it is clear that something weighs heavily on his heart. Despite his strange background, Sung-han excels at what he does as demonstrated by the divorce case he wins within the first five minutes of the show’s opening.

After a quick peek into our lead’s life, the focus shifts to another character, radio host LEE SEO-JIN (Han Hye-jin). Whispers and stares plague her everywhere she goes, and we soon learn that she was caught having an affair. To make matters worse, the scumbag posted an illegal sex tape of her online, and now, her husband wants a divorce.

Thus, our two characters meet when Seo-jin seeks out Sung-han for help, but given the nature of her case, he declines. She asks him to reconsider and tells him that she only wants full custody of her son Hyun-woo. Hearing her reason changes something in Sung-han, and once he determines her resolve, he agrees to be her attorney.

As Sung-han digs deeper into Seo-jin’s situation, it becomes evident that her marriage was failing way before the affair. She recounts how her husband keeps track of her undergarments, leaves degrading notes all over the house for her to find, and forces her to send him photos of her location every thirty minutes. While Seo-jin is no saint, her husband is a grade-A RickRoll'D.

Despite the evidence against her husband, Seo-jin has also been a negligent parent, and the other attorney makes sure to paint her in the worst possible light. She explains how Hyun-woo hurt himself at school when Seo-jin forgot to show up for parent participation day, and emphasizes the fact that this was the same day her sex tape was filmed. The other attorney repeatedly hounds her for being part of an explicit video, but thankfully, Sung-han calls her out for secondary victimization and puts a stop to it for now.

With the first mediation ending on a standstill, Sung-han decides to meet with Hyun-woo and get his side of the story. He asks the little boy what has been bothering him the most lately, and Hyun-woo tells him that he wishes he could forget. He gets up to leave before explaining his answer, but his tense body language is enough for Sung-han to put the clues together.

That night, Hyun-woo has a seizure, and when his parents rush in to check on him, he grabs his dad’s phone and hurls it at the wall. After taking him to the hospital, Seo-jin calls Sung-han in tears and wonders if she is doing the right thing. She suggests dropping the case, but Sung-han makes it clear that he has every intention of winning.

Divorce Attorney Shin Episodes 1-2

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/03/divorce-attorney-shin-episodes-1-2/

• Like 1

Anyone watching? Any thoughts guys?

On 3/5/2023 at 3:46 PM, agenth said:

I watched episode 1 and can't wait for the next episode to air! It has a very interesting premise, as the first case is about a celebrity getting a divorce as her marriage imploded due to her affair on video - but it also shows that her marriage was broken way before her cheating. 

One thing that caught my eye was that his law office looks quite shabby, but his apartment looks super chic. That disparity had me wonder about his background, even before the preview stated he used to be a pianist and left Germany ... 

Very mature vibe, 3 male lead friends are awesome, would like to see more focus on them together.

10 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I am, it is good so far. Can't wait to find out more about the ML.

Oh great, i am more curious about both his friends specially the real estate one's background as so far they have given nothing about him. I wish they focus on other friends too like the male lead but nonetheless it is good so far. I was so envious of his pianist background lol.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shimmery-summer said:

Oh great, i am more curious about both his friends specially the real estate one's background as so far they have given nothing about him. I wish they focus on other friends too like the male lead but nonetheless it is good so far. I was so envious of his pianist background lol.

Nice, I do want to know more about that to.

• Like 1

• gm4queen changed the title to [Current Drama 2023] Divorce Attorney Shin/Sacred Divorce, 신성한 이혼 - Saturday and Sunday @10:30 PM

Well, I've been keeping an eye on this drama because of Cho Seung Woo and I really enjoyed the 1st & 2nd episodes. Glad that I tried this drama! :lol:

Divorce attorney Shin is a fun guy. I love his character. Han Hye Jin's acting is on top notch. And the little kid is so cute. I almost cried everytime he cried on-screen. Such a talented kid he is.

I am so excited and curious to know more about all the characters. Can't wait for the 3rd episode this week!

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (March 11, 2023)

by DB Staff

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/WWW_03112023.jpg

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

solstices

Divorce Attorney Shin: Yay, it’s a Jo Seung-woo and Jung Moon-sung reunion! From sharing the same role in the musical Hedwig to working together in Life, these two are phenomenal apart and even better together. Plus, I love that the drama is making full use of their vocal prowess, heh. The plot isn’t exactly doing it for me so far, but I’d watch just about anything with these two in it. Add versatile character actor Kim Sung-kyun to the mix, and I’m sold. The humorous beats are right up my alley, and I could watch an entire spinoff about the trio’s (mis)adventures. (In fact, I might even prefer that.)

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/03/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-march-11-2023/

Here are the ratings for Episode 3! :).

“The Penthouse” Writer’s New Drama “Pandora: Beneath The Paradise” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings

“The Penthouse” Writer’s New Drama “Pandora: Beneath The Paradise” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings

JTBC’s new drama “Divorce Attorney Shin” fell to an average nationwide rating of 4.8 percent for its third episode,

https://www.soompi.com/article/1572079wpp/the-penthouse-writers-new-drama-pandora-beneath-the-paradise-premieres-to-no-1-ratings

Here are the ratings for Episode 4! :).

“Pandora: Beneath The Paradise” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode + “Three Bold Siblings” Heads Into Final Week At No. 1

“Pandora: Beneath The Paradise” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode + “Three Bold Siblings” Heads Into Final Week At No. 1

Finally, JTBC’s new drama “Divorce Attorney Shin” rose to an average nationwide rating of 6.5 percent for its fourth episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1572225wpp/pandora-beneath-the-paradise-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode-three-bold-siblings-heads-into-final-week-at-no-1