[Drama 2023] The Heavenly Idol ♔ 성스러운 아이돌

Maetawinz

13 minutes ago, partyon said:

Her clothes just don't match her hair style.

They should have put her in leather jackets, boots, etc.

hahaha you forgot her company isn't doing too well.. she will be able to afford better clothes after Wild Animals gain more popularity and endorsements lol

:coolshades:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

1 minute ago, sadthe1st said:

hahaha you forgot her company isn't doing too well.. she will be able to afford better clothes after Wild Animals gain more popularity and endorsements lol

Not about money chingu. Lots of cheap clothing stores that sell cool clothes. She's wearing ahjumma clothes with an edgy haircut.... :grimace:

@Shimmery-summer made it through ep 1 but the drama is too slow for my liking. I will FF through ep 2 but I will most likely not be continuing it. Sorry. Hope you enjoy it though!
:dorakiss:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

30 minutes ago, partyon said:

Not about money chingu. Lots of cheap clothing stores that sell cool clothes. She's wearing ahjumma clothes with an edgy haircut.... :grimace:

@Shimmery-summer made it through ep 1 but the drama is too slow for my liking. I will FF through ep 2 but I will most likely not be continuing it. Sorry. Hope you enjoy it though!
:dorakiss:

Lolz I saw ep2, it was also funny. I didn't find the show slow though, first episodes are usually intro so they take time but I found pacing okay. But things didn't progress a lot in ep 2, and 2nd was less funny than 1 but still watchable. I feel nothing is too unique about the show itself as same kind of shows have been made before and his ancient accent trope is also seen before but still he is doing it well and sounds funny. I actually want to watch for lee jang woo and he wasn't there even in ep 2. You should drop if it's not fun and to your liking, I will wait for lee jang woo lol and if it gets boring even after he comes, then I will leave. Min kyu is also doing a good job. 

Lolz thanks for your update, have fun :kiss_wink:

• Blob 2

3 minutes ago, Shimmery-summer said:

I actually want to watch for lee jang woo and he wasn't there even in ep 2.

Yeah, I super FFed ep 2 and didn't see him appear. :crybaby:

Let me know if he appears in a future episode, please.

Despicable Me Please GIF

Thank you :fullofhearts:

• Blob 2

12 minutes ago, partyon said:

Yeah, I super FFed ep 2 and didn't see him appear. :crybaby:

Let me know if he appears in a future episode, please.

Despicable Me Please GIF

Thank you :fullofhearts:

Oh yes I will mention you here when he appears and if I drop the show I will also mention it. Too bad he is coming in a show after so long and hasn't appeared yet. :hooray2:lolz our gifs exchange lol

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

NEW EVENT:

My Corner of Soompi: Vote for your faviourite pancake toppings and celebrate the International Pancake Day on 21st February, 2023. :eats:

Let us know what's happening in your corner of Soompi. :heartxoxo:

re: Your favourite neighbourhood EO Team: :coolshades:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

Hi guys, @partyon as promised I said I will mention you when that awesome guy would appear, so lee jang woo came, his screentime was more than before but it was just 3-4minutes at most. He will be there in next episode but likely for few minutes too. I am not sure if show will ever give him bigger screentime in later episodes when both male lead and him will start an offocial fight but so far his role length looks disturbingly low.

Even though show is slow and a bit childish but I am liking minkyu and the humor and hoping jangwoo will come more so not dropping yet. 

Tag didn't work @partyon

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 3! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Strangers Again” And “The Heavenly Idol” Are Neck-And-Neck In Ratings Battle

The battle for viewership continues!

According to Nielsen Korea, the February 22 broadcast of tvN’s “The Heavenly Idol” garnered an average nationwide rating of 1.97 percent, similar to the previous week’s rating of 2.0 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1568277wpp/strangers-again-and-the-heavenly-idol-are-neck-and-neck-in-ratings-battle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, partyon said:

LOL :D is he just doing a cameo role? :D 

Thanks for tagging. Will check out his scenes :wub:

It's even shorter than a cameo, even thought it's a proper role, which is so disappointing. And worst is much of the episode goes into dragging scenes, if you are gonna drag for filler scenes, add his scenes instead.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

it was very well shown how to create the tension and artificial conflict in various tv shows.

I wonder if thats really Minkyu's voice when Rembrary sang..:unsure: it was so beautiful...   

the scene made me laugh...  Only Rembrary wasnt disturbed by the first episode of the show.  :D

Lembrary and his tributes...    :D

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 4! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Strangers Again” Ends On Highest Ratings Of Its Run

Meanwhile, tvN’s new drama “The Heavenly Idol” dipped to a nationwide average of 1.6 percent in the face of unbeatable competition from TV Chosun’s wildly popular audition show “Mister Trot 2,” which airs in an overlapping time slot.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1568596wpp/strangers-again-ends-on-highest-ratings-of-its-run

• Like 1

Give this drama some love! Its a light watch for me. Just to giggle at our heavenly idol that unable to understand the world we live in. Dont think too much of the details if u want to enjoy it. Feel sorry for him for the needs of learning to dance.

• Like 1

its so sad that Lembrary can only regain his powers from sugary food while The Evil One just, spreads his evilness through words of temptation..

well, at least now we know there is another sub realm on earth managing the Life and Death lol and the new roadie is the investigator sent by the Underworld King... LLL Entertainment is so loved, with so many heavenly and demi godly beings

Ye-Ji-Won-1.jpeg

cr.: owner

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

the new roadie is the investigator sent by the Underworld King

Wait wait who? Their new manager girl, the female lead of drama, she is not from any other realm, isn't she from earth. Who else is it? I missed something.

Kim min kyu's acting is so good. Lee jang woo needs more screentime and in comical scenes. This drama should have dropped all episodes together it's so entertaining.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

well, at least now we know there is another sub realm on earth managing the Life and Death lol and the new roadie is the investigator sent by the Underworld King... 

The new member of Wild Animals...He is the investigator...wow...cool...he is so handsome in black...  

I assume he is a good guy...:unsure: Ms. Im was so hilarious in that scene...     :D

The scene with the reporter made me laugh...  :lol: 

I love how Lembrary teases JY about YW... that was so innocent and cute...  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shimmery-summer said:

Who else is it? I missed something.

there is a new roadie, a guy dressed in black that got the CEO Im jumping out of her chair..

Kim Dal is the manager..

7 hours ago, Shimmery-summer said:

Lee jang woo needs more screentime

+1 with this..

i'm suspecting the next person in the preview that TEO (The Evil One) is going to make use of, is Kasy.

i like the ending of ep4.. suddenly that Oh Jung Shin grew horns.. like how ep1 showed Lembrary exhausted much of his powers to remove the evil forces in the boy.

6 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I assume he is a good guy..

i hope he has powers! hahaha

oh, and i like the scenes where the senior singer tried to sabotage Lembrary with the snapping fingers dance.. thats some cool moves hahaha

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

there is a new roadie, a guy dressed in black that got the CEO Im jumping out of her chair

Ohhhhh thanks, I remember now, I think when the guy enters her office I watched that part very absent mindedly and prolly I skipped it so I ended up thinking he is some ceo of a company . I didn't know he was that.

• Blob 3