Network: tvN
Episodes: 12
Release Date: February 15th, 2023
Runtime: Wed & Thurs @ 22:30 KST

STORY

Pontifex Lembrary (Kim Min-Kyu) is widely regarded as having the most powerful

divine power ever. While he fights against a devil, he gets transferred

to a different world. Pontifex Lembrary then finds himself in a small dormitory

and possessing the body of Woo Yeon-Woo, who is a member of unpopular idol group Wild Animal.

The group has been together for 3 years, but they are on the verge of disbanding

due to their lack of success. 9 hours later, Pontifex Lembrary is placed on a stage

with Wild Animal for a live performance at a broadcasting station. When the music begins to play,

Pontifex Lembrary, in Woo Yeon-Woo’s body, shouts out "I don't know how to dance.

" The live broadcast performance is a disaster, but it attracts the attention

of people and the media. With his charms, including confident attitude,

Woo Yeon-Woo, still possessed by Pontifex Lembrary's spirit, becomes popular and so does his group

Wild Animal. Pontifex Lembrary must now get used to life as a member of an idol group

and he faces various troubles, like dealing with weird religious groups and the devil.

CR. Mydramalist

CAST

FUx5C67XwAASq8D?format=jpg&name=large

Kim Min-Kyu AS Pontifex Lembrary

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

..............................................................................................................................

• Blob 1

• Maetawinz changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2023] High Priest Rembrary ✘ 대신관 렘브러리 - Kim Min-Kyu Confrimed

News

Kim Min Kyu Confirmed To Star In New Fantasy Romance Drama

Kim Min Kyu Confirmed To Star In New Fantasy Romance Drama

May 23, 2022
by L. Kim

Kim Min Kyu is already gearing up for his next project!

On May 23, it was confirmed that Kim Min Kyu will be starring in a new drama titled “High Priest Rembrary” (literal translation). Adapted from a web novel titled “Holy Idol” that also turned into a webtoon series, the fantasy romance drama revolves around high priest Rembrary who possesses the body of an unknown idol Woo Yeon Woo.

Kim Min Kyu, who received a lot of love in his previous project “A Business Proposal,” will take the lead role of Rembrary. He’s a high priest from another world who came to this world to fight the demon king. However, when he comes to his senses, he woke up in the body of a handsome idol. It will be interesting to watch the hilarious story of how a high priest will adapt to the life of an idol, romance that wasn’t in the original work, and Kim Min Kyu’s new transformation.

Kim Min Kyu debuted in 2013 with his role in the tvN drama “Monster.” He widened his acting spectrum with his performance in several projects including “Signal,” “Perfume,” and “Queen: Love and War.

“High Priest Rembrary” is scheduled to air in the first half of 2023.

• Blob 1

• 1 month later...
  • Maetawinz changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2023] Pontifex Lembrary  ✘ 대신관 렘브러리 - Kim Min-Kyu Confrimed
  • 6 months later...

“The Heavenly Idol” Premieres To Promising Start

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 16, 2023
by S. Nam

tvN’s “The Heavenly Idol” has just premiered!

According to Nielsen Korea, the February 15 premiere tvN’s “The Heavenly Idol” garnered an average nationwide rating of 3.098 percent.

Based on a popular webtoon and web novel, “The Heavenly Idol” is a new fantasy drama starring Kim Min Kyu as High Priest Rembrary, who suddenly wakes up one day to find himself in the body of Woo Yeon Woo, the “visual center” of the unsuccessful idol group Wild Animal. Go Bo Gyeol stars in the drama as Kim Dal, Woo Yeon Woo’s No. 1 fan. When her bias suddenly begins insisting in the fifth year of his career that he’s actually High Priest Rembrary, she winds up becoming Wild Animal’s manager in order to save him.

ENA’s “Strangers Again” garnered an average nationwide rating of 1.3 percent, seeing a slight dip from the previous episode’s rating of 1.7 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1566895wpp/the-heavenly-idol-premieres-to-promising-start

• Blob 3

@Maetawinz @ferily @gm4queen @SC2019

Can you rename this drama thread to "The Heavenly Idol" ?

That's how it is called everywhere else. It will be difficult for people to otherwise find this thread.

The drama started airing yesterday, so it should be updated to [Current]

@sadthe1st Your drama thread is here :coolshades:

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Go Bo Gyeol Is Desperate To Prove Her Strength In Job Interview To Become Kim Min Kyu’s Manager In “The Heavenly Idol”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 15, 2023
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “The Heavenly Idol” has unveiled new sneak peeks of leads Kim Min Kyu and Go Bo Gyeol!

Based on a popular webtoon and web novel, “The Heavenly Idol” is a fantasy drama starring Kim Min Kyu as High Priest Rembrary, who suddenly wakes up one day to find himself in the body of Woo Yeon Woo, a member of the unsuccessful idol group Wild Animal.

Go Bo Gyeol will star in the drama as Kim Dal, Woo Yeon Woo’s No. 1 fan. When her bias suddenly begins insisting in the fifth year of his career that he’s actually High Priest Rembrary, she winds up becoming Wild Animal’s manager in order to save him.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Kim Dal has a hilariously unusual job interview with Lim Sun Ja (Ye Ji Won), the CEO of Wild Animal’s agency. In order to demonstrate that she has the physical strength needed for the job in spite of her short stature, Kim Dal shows off her arm muscles and even picks up a big table to prove her point. In case that isn’t enough, Kim Dal later drops onto the sofa and starts doing push-ups.

Despite initially being shocked by Kim Dal’s sudden displays of strength, Lim Sun Ja soon begins to be swayed by her efforts. Unaware that Kim Dal is a Wild Animal fan, Lim Sun Ja rises from her chair with a pleased expression that suggests she’s just found the group’s next manager.

Go-Bo-Gyeol-1.jpeg

Meanwhile, Rembrary struggles to adapt to his new life as an idol in a world with which he is entirely unacquainted.

However, even as his cluelessness causes accident after accident, the former high priest’s unique charms and untainted innocence are enough to melt anyone’s heart—no matter how much trouble he unintentionally causes.

Kim-Min-Kyu-2.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1566767wpp/go-bo-gyeol-is-desperate-to-prove-her-strength-in-job-interview-to-become-kim-min-kyus-manager-in-the-heavenly-idol

• Blob 2

35 minutes ago, partyon said:

@Maetawinz @ferily @gm4queen @SC2019

Can you rename this drama thread to "The Heavenly Idol" ?

That's how it is called everywhere else. It will be difficult for people to otherwise find this thread.

The drama started airing yesterday, so it should be updated to [Current]

@sadthe1st Your drama thread is here 

I was just googling if we had this drama thread haha.

• Blob 2

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2023] The Heavenly Idol ♔ 대신관 렘브러리 - Kim Min-Kyu & Go Bo Gyeol - Wed & Thurs @ 22:30 KST
8 minutes ago, ferily said:

I was just googling if we had this drama thread haha.

Thank goodness for @larus finding it

:sweats:

3 minutes ago, Shimmery-summer said:

Pontifex lembrary is the title? What does it mean? Okay I checked online didn't find the meaning, but the drama has started by the name heavenly idol.

Thanks to @ferily chingu people can find this drama thread now!

:heartxoxo:
@sadthe1st almost created a new drama thread 

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2023] The Heavenly Idol ♔ 성스러운 아이돌 - Kim Min-Kyu & Go Bo Gyeol - Wed & Thurs @ 22:30 KST
14 minutes ago, partyon said:

Thank goodness for @larus finding it

:sweats:

Thanks to @ferily chingu people can find this drama thread now!

:heartxoxo:
@sadthe1st almost created a new drama thread 

Oh that's great. Did you watch it? How was it? I will check if it's available on for me or not. Btw taxi driver 2 is coming are you gonna watch? I liked season 1, it takes over payback slot. I am so impatient for glory 2 and decoy. 

• Blob 3

6 hours ago, Shimmery-summer said:

Oh that's great. Did you watch it? How was it? I will check if it's available on for me or not.

Oh, I’m not planning on watching it. The genre is not really smth I go for normally.

But do keep me updated - if it’s a lot of fun, I might check it out anyway.

@sadthe1st your verdict ?

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

8 hours ago, partyon said:

Oh, I’m not planning on watching it. The genre is not really smth I go for normally.

But do keep me updated - if it’s a lot of fun, I might check it out anyway.

@sadthe1st your verdict ?

Not a fan of genre but episode 1 was funny. Didn't get time to check episode 2 yet, but after ep 1 you do wanna watch episode 2. Don't know after that how it will go. I felt lil bit of korean odyssey vibe in storyline.

• Blob 2

3 hours ago, partyon said:

I just realized that the evil 2nd ML is no one else but Lee Jang Woo !

hahaha he is the new mawang!! or rather, a translation into 魔王 which literally means the devil.

unfortunately, i cannot shake off my impression of his previous drama image with UEE.

==

ep2 progress is slow.. actually both ep1 and 2 are slow.. but i hope the plot fastens and thickens soon since,

Spoiler

Lembrary is ready to work towards his holy vow in order to get the body (spirits) switched with the real Yeon Woo..

the FL scenes are draggy too..

200.gif

• Blob 1

7 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

Ms Im cheering you on.. hahaha

LOL :D I love how they gave this unnie a cool and edgy haircut, but then went all wrong with her fashion sense. Her clothes just don't match her hair style.

They should have put her in leather jackets, boots, etc.

tp-women-undercut-hair-ideas-1.jpg

7 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i don't know why Gaston flashed into my mind when i see Lembrary in this..

This flashed into my mind. :hwaiting2:

the-three-musketeers.jpg?quality=65&stri

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1