larus

TVN DRAMA 2023

optimize

Drama: Family: The Unbreakable Bond

Hangul: 패밀리

Genre: comedy, spy, family

Network: tvN

Episodes: 12

Director: Jang Jung Do (Dear My room, Mothers)

Writer: Jeong Yoo Sun (That Man Oh Soo)

Release Date: April 17, 2023- May 23, 2023

Runtime: Monday- Tuesday

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

Cast

Jang Hyuk as Kwon Do Hoon

Jang Na Ra as Kang Yoo Ra

Kim Nam Hee as Tae Koo

Chae Jung An as Oh Cheon Ryun

Lee Soon Jae as Kwon Woong Soo

Kim Kang-min as Kwon Ji Hoon

Gabee as

Cha Tae Hyun as (cameo)

Choo Sung Hoon as (cameo)

Character descriptions

Kwon Do-Hoon (Jang Hyuk) is married to Kang Yoo-Ra (Jang Na-Ra). He is a secret agent for the NIS (National Intelligence Service) and a veteran sniper with a quick and highly accurate shot. By day, he disguises himself as an ordinary employee for a trading company. Even his wife Kang Yoo-Ra believes he holds an ordinary office job. Kwon Do-Hoon is busy with his work, so he is unable to spend much time with Kang Yoo-Ra. Nevertheless, he loves his wife more than anything else. Meanwhile, Kang Yoo-Ra always dreamed of having a perfect family. She met Kwon Do-Hoon and married him. She works as a housewife and does it well, but she has a secret that nobody knows about.

Tae-Koo (Kim Nam-Hee) appears in front of Kwon Do-Hoon and Kang Yoo-Ra. His appearance shakes the peaceful life of Kwon Do-Hoon and Kang Yoo-Ra.

Chart

Ft5-sIJaYAEp56z?format=jpg&name=small

source

Posters

family.jpeg

Teasers/Trailers

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 2
  • Love 4

by lo_ve, June 7, 2022
24 13

Jang Hyuk and Jang Na Ra will possibly star in a new drama!

On June 7th media outlet Joy News 24 reported that Jang Hyuk and Jang Na Ra will reportedly reunite for the upcoming 2023 drama "Family."

According to reports, Jang Hyuk is currently positively considering the offer, while Jang Na Ra is already confirmed.

This will possibly be their third drama together. Jang Hyuk and Jang Na Ra were the main leads of the dramas "Successful Story of a Bright Girl" and "Fated to Love You."

"Family" will be the next project from director Jang Jung Do, the man behind "Our Blues" and "Link: Eat, Love, Kill."

The upcoming series is set to begin filming after casting is finalized. The drama will premiere in 2023.

WpowX_2f.jpg

Jang Hyuk and Jang Na Ra first paired up for the hit 2002 drama "Successful Story of a Bright Girl." They worked alongside Ryu Soo Young, Han Da Gam, Jung Min, Hong Yo Sub, and more.

After 12 years, the two once again starred in a romantic drama. Jang Hyuk and Jang Na Ra became the main leads of the 2014 Taiwanese remake "Fated to Love You."

The chemistry between the two is one of the best in the Korean industry, so people wanted more projects from the two.

If Jang Hyuk and Jang Na Ra confirmed their casting for "Family," this will be their reunion drama after 9 years.

Jang Hyuk is currently starring in the KBS drama "Bloody Heart" with Lee Joon and Kang Ha Na. He will also join the upcoming film "The Killer."

Meanwhile, it was recently announced that Jang Na Ra would be tying the knot to her non-showbiz boyfriend. The upcoming drama "Family" will possibly be her first project after getting married. Jang Na Ra last starred in the 2021 series "Sell Your Haunted House" with CNBLUE's Jung Yong Hwa.

https://mydramalist.com/article/jang-hyuk-and-jang-na-ra-will-reportedly-reunite-for-the-third-time-in-a-new-drama

Jang Hyuk x Jang Nara, 'Family' male and female protagonists... third time acting together

ceab3fc22c8006.jpg

[Joy News 24 Correspondent Park Jin-young] Actors Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara meet again with 'Family' (working title).

As a result of the coverage of Joy News 24 on the 7th, Jang Hyuk recently received an offer to appear as the male lead in the new drama 'Family' (working title) and is positively reviewing it. Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara are expected to work together for the third time in 'Family'.

The female lead is played by Jang Nara. Jang Nara has decided to appear in her 'Family' and has started preparing for filming, including her workouts. If Jang Hyuk confirms the appearance, the two will work together for the third time following SBS 'The Story of a Cheerful Girl' and MBC's 'I Love You Like Destiny'.

Both 'Successful Story of a Cheerful Girl' and 'I Love You Like Destiny' were loved by Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara for their perfect chemistry and passionate performances, and the third breath in this 'Family' is also raising expectations.

Directed by CP Jang Jeong-do, who is in charge of tvN's 'Our Blues', 'Link: Eat, Love, Kill', and 'Remarriage', is preparing for the broadcast in 2023.

Jang Hyuk is currently playing the role of Park Gye-won in the KBS 2TV Monday-Tuesday drama 'Red Single Heart', exuding excellent presence and charisma. Jang Nara will marry her 6-year-old lover at the end of June, and will continue working as an actress right away. Regarding this, Jang Nara said, "I'm planning to see her with a fun project right after her wedding, so I'm working hard to prepare for it."

https://www.inews24.com/view/1487682

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I saw both Jang Na Ra and Jang Hyuk in other projects but it will be the first time I watch them together in this drama. I hope he will accept the offer (I think he will accept it). Wow, He is working non stop.

‘You Are My Destiny’ stars Jang Nara and Jang Hyuk to reunite once again in the 2023 drama ‘Family’?

Popular actors Jang Nara and Jang Hyuk might reunite for their third project together and we are excited!

by Anoushka Mathew   |  Updated on Jun 07, 2022 01:02 PM IST  |  61.5K
jj_main_2.png?width=752&format=webp&t=pv

As a result of media reports on June 7, Jang Hyuk recently received an offer to appear as the male lead in the new drama 'Family' (working title) and is positively reviewing it. The female lead is played by Jang Nara. She decided to appear in her 'Family' and started preparing for filming, including her workouts. If Jang Hyuk confirms the appearance, the two will work together for the third time after 'Successful Story of a Bright Girl' & 'You Are My Destiny'.

Both 'Successful Story of a Bright Girl' and 'You Are My Destiny' were loved by fans for Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara’s perfect chemistry and passionate performances, and their possible third project 'Family' is also raising expectations. Directed by CP Jang Jeong Do, who is in charge of tvN's 'Our Blues', 'Link', and 'Alchemy of Souls', is preparing for the broadcast in 2023.

Jang Hyuk is currently taking on the role of Park Gye Won in the KBS 2TV Monday-Tuesday drama 'Bloody Heart', exuding excellent presence and charisma, and is expected to show extreme action performances in the movie 'The Killer', which is about to be released in July. Jang Nara will get married at the end of June with her boyfriend and will continue working hard as an actress. Regarding this, Jang Nara said, "I'm planning to come back with a fun project right after the wedding, so I'm working hard to prepare for it.

Jang Nara is a South Korean singer and actress active in both the South Korean and Chinese entertainment industries since 2001. She rose to prominence with her hit studio album Sweet Dream in 2002, and starred in well-received television series ‘Successful Story of a Bright Girl’ (2002), ‘My Love Patzzi’ (2002), ‘Wedding’ (2005), ‘My Bratty Princess’ (2005), ‘Confession Couple’ (2017), ‘The Last Empress’ (2018–2019), and ‘VIP’ (2019).

Jang Hyuk is a South Korean actor and rapper. He is best known for his leading roles in the films ‘Volcano High’ (2001) and ‘Windstruck’ (2004), and the television dramas ‘Successful Story of a Bright Girl’ (2002), ‘Thank You’ (2007), ‘The Slave Hunters’ (2010), ‘Deep Rooted Tree’ (2011), ‘You Are My Destiny’ (2014), ‘Voice’ (2017), ‘Money Flower’ (2017) and ‘The Swordsman’ (2020). 

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/you-are-my-destiny-stars-jang-nara-and-jang-hyuk-reunite-once-again-2023-drama-family-1137966

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Thank you @larus for opening the thread! I enjoyed both Jang Nara and Jang Hyuk in Fated To Love You so I will definitely watch this drama! May be they will gradually proceed ahead with more details as it's set to air in next year..  But still, I am looking forward to! Hope for another hit by the the leads... :)

• Like 2
  • Love 2

33 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

I am so excited! I love them both. They have amazing chemistry. :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

Thanks for thread larus. Let me add to the excitement confusedheart. Fated to star in an upcoming drama!:happydance:

Because I'll watch Jang Hyuk anytime! :wub:

Did he accept the offer already?

I'm not sure I want rom-com. I want Jang Hyuk in melodrama suspense action mystery genre. Not really a rom-com. But that's just me.

For Jang Nara, she has starred in psychological drama with barest hint of romance. The last time she did like suspense   psychologial drama was 2015 I Remember You with Seo In Guk. She played a detective  It's excellent drama! (except for the last ep cos it was hurriedly shot)  The romance in that drama was very very subtle and organic so well done.

Looking forward to this.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, jongski said:

Because I'll watch Jang Hyuk anytime! :wub:

Did he accept the offer already?

No, so far only Jang Na Ra accepted the offer. She said that she has another drama after she announce the marrige but I did not think the news will come this fast. :) I think Jang Hyuk will accept the offer. It looks like he accepts all kinds of drama offers these days. I am glad that he is in demand. It is harder for actresses to get so many offers but that`s another discussion.

We don`t know any other news about the drama. I want to read the synopsis. Do you think it is a rom com?

@gm4queen, @confusedheart, hi! I am glad both of you are interested in this drama.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, gm4queen said:

New updates are coming up.. I saw Jang Hyuk filming for the drama so he is definitely the lead actor. I am so looking forward to see his chemistry with Jang Nara!!

It is the third colaboration but it will be the first time to see Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara together on screen. They have chemistry. I hope the script it is good.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

'The youngest son of a conglomerate family' Kim Nam-hee joins the drama 'Family'... hard work

565741_790205_1818.jpg

Actor Kim Nam-hee appears in the drama 'Family'.

According to the Spotify News coverage on the 22nd, Kim Nam-hee is scheduled to appear in her new drama 'Family' and work with Jang Hyuk and Jang Na-ra.

'Family' is a work that tells the story of a two-faced husband who is an ordinary office worker and killer and a wife who works for a housekeeping team struggling for their family. It is a drama in which actors Jang Hyuk and Jang Na-ra are working together for the third time, and interest is hot.

Kim Nam-hee made her face known as Jeong Jae-heon in the Netflix series 'Sweet Home', and she also played an active part in the recently ended KBS drama 'Love by the Law'. Currently, she plays the role of Jin Seong-jun, the eldest son of Sunyang Group, in JTBC's new popular drama 'The Youngest Son of a Chaebol'.

Attention is focusing on what kind of charm Kim Nam-hee, who shows various faces in each of her works, will reveal in 'Family'. Meanwhile, 'Family' is discussing the organization in 2023.

https://www.spotvnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=565741

It is the first time I read about the synopsis. The male lead played by Jang Hyuk is a two faced man? A killer ? OMG.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jang Hyuk And Jang Nara Confirmed To Reunite For 4th Project Together + Chae Jung An And Kim Nam Hee Also Join

Jang Hyuk And Jang Nara Confirmed To Reunite For 4th Project Together + Chae Jung An And Kim Nam Hee Also Join

Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara will be reuniting to the small screen together!

On February 8, a source from tvN’s upcoming drama “Family” (literal title) revealed that Jang Hyuk, Jang Nara, Chae Jung An, and Kim Nam Hee will be starring in the drama.

“Family” is a comedy spy family drama about a National Intelligence Service (NIS) black agent husband who is undercover as an ordinary office worker and a sweet but fierce wife who dreams of having a perfect family. The drama will be helped by CP (chief producer) Jang Jung Do of numerous hit works including “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim,” “The Crowned Clown,” “Our Blues,” “Alchemy of Souls,” and more.

Jang Hyuk will be starring as Kwon Do Hoon, who is an NIS black agent disguised as a trading company employee as well as Kang Yu Ra’s husband. As a veteran sniper with a quick, accurate, and clean shot, he can be neglectful of his family due to his work, but he is a husband filled with more love than anyone else for his wife Kang Yu Ra. Having delivered impressive performances in “Voice,” “Money Flower,” “My Country, “Tell Me What You Saw,” “Bloody Heart,” and more, viewers are already anticipating Jang Hyuk’s next transformation.

Jang Nara will be playing housekeeping expert and Kwon Do Hoon’s wife Kang Yu Ra who works to protect the perfect family of her dreams that she built after meeting her husband Kwon Do Hoon. However, behind her lovable nature is a secret. Jang Nara captivated audiences through “Go Back Couple,” “The Last Empress,” “VIP,” “Sell Your Haunted House,” and more.

This will be Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara’s fourth project together following “Success Story of a Bright Girl” in 2002, “Fated to Love You” in 2014, and the 2014 MBC Drama Festival “Old Goodbye,” raising great anticipation for their reunion.

Furthermore, Chae Jung An of “Legal High,” “Monthly Home Magazine,” and “The King of Pigs” will be starring as Kwon Do Hoon’s marksman and professional NIS operator Oh Chun Ryun. Although Oh Chun Ryun appears to be living an extravagant single life, she is actually a lonely woman.

Having divorced three times, she also does her best to help Kwon Do Hoon keep his family until the end unlike herself.

Kim Nam Hee of “Mister Sunshine,” “Sweet Home,” and “Reborn Rich” will be playing the role of Tae Goo, the suspicious and unwelcome guest who visits Kwon Do Hoon and Kang Yu Ra’s family. Tae Goo is an impulsive person in the face of work that involves proving himself as well as the pleasure of the moment. He comes to shake up the life of Kang Yu Ra, who was like a ray of light in his past.

“Family” is slated to premiere in April. Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565737wpp/jang-hyuk-and-jang-nara-confirmed-to-reunite-for-4th-project-together-chae-jung-an-and-kim-nam-hee-also-join

• Like 2

by lo_ve, February 8, 2023
3 1

Jang Hyuk and Jang Na Ra is set to star in a new K-drama by tvN.

On February 8, it was officially confirmed that Jang Hyuk and Jang Na Ra will reunite for the fourth time. The two will lead the upcoming tvN K-drama "Family" which will premiere this coming April. 

Last year, there were reports about the reunion of the loved K-drama couple and it's finally confirmed after several months. 

Aside from Jang Hyuk and Jang Na Ra, Chae Jung An and Kim Nam Hee will also join the upcoming series. 

"Family" is a comedy K-drama that will revolve around a NIS agent husband who disguises himself as an ordinary office worker and his wife who works as a ninth-degree housekeeper. 

The upcoming K-drama will be directed by Jang Jung Do who also worked on the series "Mothers," "Island," "Alchemy of Souls," "Our Blues," and more. 

This will be the fourth project of Jang Hyuk and Jang Na Ra together. The two have starred in the K-dramas "Fated to Love You," "Successful Story of a Bright Girl," and "Drama Festival 2014: Old Farewell." After nine years, the two loved K-drama couple will finally reunite in a new series. 

"Family" will exclusively air on tvN and it will begin airing starting in April.

WPjVYR_2f.jpg

Jang Hyuk will play the role of Kwon Do Hoon. He is a black agent of the NIS and he is currently disguised as a normal employee of a trading company. He is a veteran sniper but because of his working etiquette, he neglects his family he loves his wife more than anything else.

Jang Na Ra will play the role of Kang Yu Ra. She is a ninth-degree housekeeper. She will do anything to protect her family. She fulfilled her dream of having a perfect family after meeting her husband.

Chae Jung An will work closely with Kwon Do Hoon. She will portray the role of Oh Cheon Ryun, the shooter and professional spy of the NIS.

Lastly, Kim Nam Hee will give life to the character named Tae Goo. He is the suspicious uninvited guest who visited the married couple. He is a person who was once a ray of light to Kang Yu Ra.

https://mydramalist.com/article/jang-hyuk-and-jang-na-ra-is-set-to-reunite-in-a-new-tvn-k-drama

• Like 3