[Mainland Chinese Drama 2023] Romance of a Twin Flower 春闺梦里人

SC2019

rD51E_4f.jpg

Details:

Chinese title: 春闺梦里人 | Chūn guī mèng lǐ rén
English title: Romance of a Twin Flower

Genre: Historical, romance, business

Director: Xie Ze
Producer: Fang Ying, Fang Fang, Han Meng Xi, Zhang Meng, Lin Hong Jian, Zhu Rong, Ban Chao
Episodes: 36
Broadcast period: Mar 21 - Apr 20, 2023 

Broadcast network: Tencent

Note: Adapted from the web novel "The Dreamer in the Spring Boudoir" (春闺梦里人) by Bai Lu Cheng Shuang (白鹭成双).

Cast:

Ding Yu Xi as Ning Yuxuan
Peng Xiao Ran as Ji Man / Nie Sangyu
Yi Da Qian as Yuan Lang
Ma Ke as Ling Jianxing
He Chang Xi as Gui Bai
Jia Nai as Wen Wan
Miao Yu as Qian Bingyan
Luo Qiu Yun as Shui Niangzi
Wang Zi Rui as Tao Siwei
Fu Jia as Qin Yixian
A Li Ya as Qian Lianxue
Dong Yan as Nie Qingyun
Han Shuai as Zhao Hu

Synopsis:

A quirky genius girl named Ji Man Yi loses her memory through an accident. She inexplicably replaces her twin sister and enters the Hou Manor. With her outstanding wits and business acumen, she manages to resolve numerous crisis, eventually winning the favor of Ning Yu Xuan, the cold and arrogant young master of Hou Manor.

Credit: MDL, Dramawiki

Preview:

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

It's Peng Xiao Ran!!

I like her...a lot. I think this has to do with how tragic her character was in Goodbye My Princess.

God, I haven't gotten over that one yet.

Anyway, is the male lead the one from Tiger and Rose?

• Like 2

On 6/5/2022 at 4:31 PM, ElleSor said:

Anyway, is the male lead the one from Tiger and Rose?

That's him). 

I also like PXR a lot, and Goodbye My Princess was definitely her best role so far, although I also enjoyed her acting in recent Jun Jiu Ling :wub:

• Like 2

On 6/9/2022 at 8:55 PM, leo2020 said:

That's him). 

I also like PXR a lot, and Goodbye My Princess was definitely her best role so far, although I also enjoyed her acting in recent Jun Jiu Ling :wub:

Yeah, I liked her acting there as well.

I'm looking forward to this one.

I can't believe she's much older than her co stars.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Romance of a Twin Flower 春闺梦里人, premierring 21 March, starring Ryan Ding & Peng Xiao Ran

Emm, watched 2 episodes and am really confused.

Plot, costumes, set - everything looks fine.

Also I have no problems with Ryan, he matured a bit and looks nothing like (so far) his character from Romance of Tiger and Rose - before the show started I saw comments re simularity in his looks then and now. He is trying to pull stone face - so far so good.

The confusion for me comes from how the show is  made (literally)- some scenes IMO are filmed really ridiculous, with, for example, unnecessary intencified action (kitchen scene for instance :crazy:)and are accompanied with stupid music sounds/beeps. And the most disappointment comes from PXR. I think she is a very good choice for portraying the "old lady", but with the "new one" - she is doing really bad. It's IMO not her heroine type to play, she is not Liu Yi Tong or 

Zhao Lusi. She tights her lips, jumps, wobbles, opens her eyes sooo wide she is almost unrecognizable - it looks very unnatural and tortured. I was very surprised to learn this drama has the same director who did Jun Jiu Ling (and Luoyang). So it's not his first time working with PXR, very sad to see such a result.... 

Overall I'll try to continue watching, I'm very much looking forward for some improvement and to see how Luo Qiu Yun will do her part (I'm her fan from Ancient Love Poetry). 

4 minutes ago, leo2020 said:

Emm, watched 2 episodes and am really confused.

Plot, costumes, set - everything looks fine.

Also I have no problems with Ryan, he matured a bit and looks nothing like (so far) his character from Romance of Tiger and Rose - before the show started I saw comments re simularity in his looks then and now. He is trying to pull stone face - so far so good.

The confusion for me comes from how the show is  made (literally)- some scenes IMO are filmed really ridiculous, with, for example, unnecessary intencified action (kitchen scene for instance :crazy:)and are accompanied with stupid music sounds/beeps. And the most disappointment comes from PXR. I think she is a very good choice for portraying the "old lady", but with the "new one" - she is doing really bad. It's IMO not her heroine type to play, she is not Liu Yi Tong or 

Zhao Lusi. She tights her lips, jumps, wobbles, opens her eyes sooo wide she is almost unrecognizable - it looks very unnatural and tortured. I was very surprised to learn this drama has the same director who did Jun Jiu Ling (and Luoyang). So it's not his first time working with PXR, very sad to see such a result.... 

Overall I'll try to continue watching, I'm very much looking forward for some improvement and to see how Luo Qiu Yun will do her part (I'm her fan from Ancient Love Poetry). 

I get what you mean.

I had initially thought the drama had a very modern vibe when it came to PXR.

Like, she talks back to her hubby, is very vocal etc.

As for the sound effects and the exaggerated faces that she makes, I got over it.

Hahaha! 

• LOL 1

3 hours ago, ElleSor said:

I got over it

Hehe, seems I will need to also do it since I want to continue watching).

Honestly 

Spoiler

of let's say 9 Cdramas I tried during last couple of months only 3 are bearable to watch):w00t: Very dissatisfied. Too many flows(((.

20 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Hehe, seems I will need to also do it since I want to continue watching).

Honestly 

Reveal hidden contents

of let's say 9 Cdramas I tried during last couple of months only 3 are bearable to watch):w00t: Very dissatisfied. Too many flows(((.

I have to agree with you on this.

There has been a slew of CDramas that have been disappointing.

This is more interesting despite the modern vibe of the female lead. 

• Like 1

I binged watched it last night, love where it's going so far, not to mention the eye candy:love:. The drama flowed well, smart editing, looks like it survived censorship. I really like how they did not show the entire drama in the ending and beginning credits. Some Chinese dramas show all the major scenes/ most of the scenes and spoil it in the opening and ending before you've even watched enough episodes, leaving most of those scenes out makes one least likely to prejudge the drama before they've watched it.  I'm wondering if the evil twin is alive or dead and how she became so ruthless. I will keep watching, I'm looking forward to where the romance takes them and if she will sacrifice her body for his, he's been injured too many times and in the same spot. I really liked how it started off with him hating her to the core and her being clueless because she could be her true self even if everyone questioned her actions and he could judge her genuinely without all the misunderstandings, this made it more believable when his heart turned.:sparklyeyes:

• Like 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Romance of a Twin Flower 春闺梦里人, premiered 21 March, starring Ryan Ding & Peng Xiao Ran
  • 3 weeks later...