[Drama 2023] Payback/Law Money, 법쩐

larus

THE LAW MONEY

Payback.jpeg

Drama:  Law Money/ Payback (English title)

Hangul: 법쩐

Genre: revenge, drama

Network: SBS

Episodes: 12

Director: Lee Won-Tae (The Devil's Deal Villain Story , Man of Will )

Writer: Kim Won Seok (Queen's Classroom, Man to Man)

Release Date: January 6, 2023- February 11, 2023

Runtime: Friday& Saturday 10PM

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

"The Law" is a revenge drama that will revolve around Eun Young, a money merchant who will risk everything to fight against a cartel. 

Cast

Lee Sun-kyun as Eun-yong

Moon Chae Won as Park Jun-kyung

Son Eun Seo as Myung Se Hee

Park Hoon as Hwang Ki-seok

Park Hwan Hee as Eun Ji-hee (Yun Yong`s older sister)

Choi Min Chul as Park Jung-soo

Lim Dong Min as prosecutor

Character descriptions

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

by lo_ve, June 3, 2022
4 3

Lee Sun Kyun will be the main lead of the upcoming drama "The Law." 

On June 3rd news outlets shared that Lee Sun Kyun will be leading a new drama titled "The Law." He will be working with director Lee Won Tae, the mastermind behind the films "The Gangster, The Cop and The Devil," "Man of Will," "Spellbound," and "The Devil's Deal." 

Lee Sun Kyun's agency Hoodoo Entertainment shared their side regarding the reports and revealed that the actor is confirmed to join the upcoming drama "The Law." 

"The Law" is a revenge drama that will revolve around Eun Young, a money merchant who will risk everything to fight against a cartel. 

Lee Sun Kyun will play the role of Eun Young, the main lead of the series. 

The upcoming drama "The Law" will reportedly begin filming in July. Th broadcast channel and date are still under

Ezgem_2f.jpg

"The Law" will be Lee Sun Kyun's first confirmed drama project after a year. 

Lee Sun Kyun last starred in the 2021 Apple TV original series "Dr. Brain" with Lee Yoo Young, Park Hee Soon, Seo Ji Hye, Lee Jae Won, and Jo Bok Rae

For this year, Lee Sun Kyun is booked for several movies. He started the year with "Kingmaker: The Fox of the Election" with Sol Kyung Gu, Yoo Jae Myung, Jo Woo Jin, Park In Hwan, and Bae Jong Ok. He will also join the upcoming films "Sleep," "Killing Romance," "The Land of Happiness," and "Silence." 

Lee Sun Kyun is known for being the main lead in the dramas "Diary of a Prosecutor," "My Mister," "My Wife’s Having an Affair this Week," "Pasta," "Coffee Prince," "Lovers," and more.

The actor is widely known worldwide for being part of the Oscar-winning movie "Parasite." 

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-sun-kyun-will-return-to-dramas-with-the-law

Lee Seon-gyun confirmed to appear in drama 'Beop-jeon'... Directed by the director of 'The War of the Villains' [Official]

MG7JOWT6SQU34XIC7TEBQLD2AI.jpg

On the 3rd, Lee Sun-kyun's agency, Hodu&U Entertainment, said on News 1, "I have decided to appear in the drama 'Law Money'."

'The Money' is the story of 'Eun-yong', a money trader who fights against the cartel of money colluding with the law, and directed by Lee Won-tae, who directed the movies 'Battle of the Villain' and 'Chief Kim Chang-soo'. Lee Seon-gyun will play the main character Eun-yong. Filming will begin in July, and the organization has yet to be decided.
After the movie 'Parasite', Lee Sun-kyun became a global star. Since then, he has appeared in the movies 'Mr. Week: The Disappeared VIP' and 'Kingmaker' and is about to be released in 'Land of Happiness' and 'Sleep'. He also appeared on Apple TV + 'Dr. Brain'.

• Like 4

Lee Seon-gyun to appear in 'The Law'... 'Battle of the Villains' with director Won-tae Lee (official)

JoyNews24 Correspondent Kim Ji-young] Actor Lee Seon-gyun will appear in the drama 'The Law'.

On the 3rd, the management company Hodu&U Entertainment said to Joy News 24 on the 3rd, "Lee Sunkyun has confirmed the appearance of the drama 'Beopjeon'."

bfba88080020aa.jpg

Director Lee Won-tae's new film 'Law Money', who directed the movies 'Battle of the Villain' and 'Chief Kim Chang-soo', tells the story of Eun-yong, a money trader who fights against a cartel of money colluding with the law. Filming is expected to begin in July.

Lee Seon-gyun, who received worldwide attention with the movie 'Parasite' in 2019, met domestic audiences with 'Kingmaker' and recently received favorable reviews from viewers around the world as the main character of 'Dr. Brain' on Apple TV+.

With the release of the movies 'Land of Happiness' and 'Sleep' ahead of the release, expectations are rising for Lee Seon-gyun, who will show a new face with 'Beopjeon'.

https://m.inews24.com/v/1487198

• Like 4

I am not a fan of revenge dramas but I am glad that I will see Lee Sun Kyun again. It doesn`t sound like a classic revenge melodrama but a hero who goes against a bigger and powerful target. I hope the script is good.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, larus said:

I hope the script is good.

Thanks for thread larus.  Same here.  I also  hope for good story good script good writing. The acting is a given.

Every drama I'm interested to watch, I look who's going to be the writer and the credentials.

Hoping this drama will have good cast.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jongski said:

Hoping this drama will have good cast.

I have no doubt about that. The writing has to be good also. So far we know only the director.

The problem with many revenge dramas, and not only with them, is that the plot is so predictable. We all know how it is going to end (the good guys win and bad guys loose) but how we get there matters. I don`t like when the writer makes so convenient all the wins. I like when things don`t get well as planned but they adapt along the way. 

I don`t like revenge dramas because there is a depressive vibe from the entire run and barely there is a satisfying ending. `Seek revenge and you should dig two graves, one for yourself`is so true. From the little I read about synopsis, the hero is not someone who was wronged a long time ago and he plans a revenge. This is promising for me. He works in the corupt world and tries to make the good and fight with the powerful organization.  Maybe it will be like Money Game, Punch, Chief of Staff , dramas that I like . Time will tell. 

• Like 4

NEW EVENT!  

Favourite K-Dramas based on Web - Novels, Webtoons & Manhwa  

Vote NOW!  :piggydance:

Chingus, love them or hate them! You can’t ignore them. :coolshades:

K-Dramas inspired from manhwa, webtoons and web-novels are making a big splash in the entertainment industry. Vote for your favourite K-Dramas and let us know the ones you absolutely hated.

re:  Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @partyon

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2023] Law Money, 법쩐- Lee Sun Kyun- Premieres in 2023
June 17 2022

Moon Chae-Won cast in drama “Law Money”

Law_Money-SM1.jpg

Moon Chae-Won is cast for the lead female role in drama series “Law Money” (literal title) co-starring Lee Sun-Kyun. Moon Chae-Won’s character description has not yet been revealed. Lee Sun-Kyun will play Eun-Yong. He works as a money trader.

Filming for “Law Money” will begin July, 2022. Broadcasting station and air date has not yet been revealed.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Eun-Yong (Lee Sun-Kyun) is a money trader. He fights against a money cartel, which is in collusion with the law.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/moon-chae-won-cast-in-drama-law-money

• Like 4

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2023] Law Money, 법쩐- Lee Sun Kyun & Moon Chae Won- Premieres in 2023

K-drama casting latest

by Pierce Conran

Source: https://www.asiaone.com/entertainment/k-drama-casting-latest-all-us-are-dead-hellbound-and-taxi-driver-set-season-2-jang-na

The Law

e60bedd0-f8f6-4649-b9f2-7ac137408806_a3d056b7.jpg

Parasite star Lee Sun-kyun is returning to the small screen a year after appearing in Apple TV+'s debut Korean series Dr Brain.

He will lead new series The Law, which will be helmed by director Lee Won-tae, known for The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil, an action thriller about a serial killer starring Ma Dong-seok (also known as Don Lee) that was selected for the Cannes Film Festival's Midnight Screenings programme.

Lee Sun-kyun is set to play Eun-yong, a financial broker who puts everything on the line when he plots his revenge against a dastardly cartel.

Filming for the revenge drama will begin in July, with a release date to follow in 2023 once producers have decided on which platform it will appear.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

He will lead new series The Law, which will be helmed by director Lee Won-tae, known for The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil, an action thriller about a serial killer starring Ma Dong-seok (also known as Don Lee) that was selected for the Cannes Film Festival's Midnight Screenings programme.

Judging by the director alone, it seems like we will have an intense, action type drama to anticipate. Why does LSK gravitate towards thriller lately? Can't wait to see who the writers will be; seems strange that there is none announced yet. And I do hope it will be available on Netflix.

• Like 2

Some details came out yesterday. The writer is Kim Won-seok who co-wrote Descendants of the Sun. Both director and writer don't have a lot of projects under their belts, but I hope this is not something we need to worry about.

Moon Chae-won will play "Army Major Park Jun-kyung, an elite judicial officer who passed the bar exam and the top of the training institute."

Source: https://www.spotvnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=530976

• Like 5

Filming to start in Mongolia? This is super exciting news. Here's the job posting from the production team hinting at this faraway location shoot:

https://www.filmmakers.co.kr/filmmakersWanted/13398229

"Hello, I'm Jakdangmo of the prop team. Starting this time, we are recruiting members of the Beopjeon props team starring Lee Seon-gyun and Moon Chae-won. Filming in Mongolia will start at the end of June, and domestic filming will start on July 11th. If you are happy to work with us, please feel free to send us your resume. We will contact you after confirmation. Any other questions will be discussed in detail during the interview. thank you."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sadiesmith said:

Filming to start in Mongolia? This is super exciting news. Here's the job posting from the production team hinting at this faraway location shoot:

Wow! Very cool, and it makes me wonder what kind of scenery or other setting Mongolia has that Korea doesn’t. :lol:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Wow! Very cool, and it makes me wonder what kind of scenery or other setting Mongolia has that Korea doesn’t. :lol:

As long as it's not "cringe," I am good. Descendents of the Sun was shot outside Korea for the majority of its run, and I cringed my way through the drama (not because of the location). Now I start to worry this writer's style is not my cup of tea. He wasn't the main writer for DOTS, but still! 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 7:05 PM, sadiesmith said:

Thanks for the updates. It was nice to hear about the drama.

2 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Now I start to worry this writer's style is not my cup of tea. He wasn't the main writer for DOTS, but still! 

I know that he co-wrote Descendants of the Sun. I did not watch it so I can`t say anything about it but I saw Queen`s Classroom and Man to Man. The first was a good adaptation of the Japanese drama and the second, I remember that I like it. I am not worried about the writer but I am curious how the writer will put the story together. I am hoping for the best but I don't have high hopes either.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Son Eun-seo to appear in 'Law Money'... Acting with Lee Seon-gyun and Moon Chae-won

https://thumbnews.nateimg.co.kr/view610///news.nateimg.co.kr/orgImg/jt/2022/08/08/5f7871eb-77af-4b00-8d21-a384186069ee.jpg

According to a broadcasting official on the 8th, Son Eun-seo will play the role of Myeong Se-hee, the daughter of the King of Sachae, in 'Beop-jeon', and will work with Lee Seon-gyun and Moon Chae-won.

'Law Money' is a 12-episode drama depicting the story of Eun-yong, a money trader who fights against a cartel of 'money' colluding with the law. Director Lee Won-tae of the movies 'Battle of the Evil' and 'Captain Kim Chang-soo' grabbed the megaphone, and the drama 'Descendants of the Sun' writer Kim Won-seok wrote the screenplay.

Son Eun-seo is returning to the small screen after a long time since the drama 'Voice Season 4', which ended in July last year. She is expected to show off her new acting transformation by taking on the role of the daughter of the King of Sachae and the wife of a man who dreams of the Blue House.

'Law Money' is currently being filmed, and Son Eun-seo will join from the end of August.

https://news.nate.com/view/20220808n23299?mid=e1100

• Like 2

On 6/23/2022 at 3:13 AM, larus said:

I know that he co-wrote Descendants of the Sun.

Well. I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I also did not watch Dots.:lol:

I like the leads for this upcominh drama so I'm excited to watch this. Revenge drama needs to have to good flow of story. Writers know this. The past needs to be good so the present scenes will be better.  In other words flashback better good.

• Like 4