Pack Your Bags & Travel (Drama Style)

agenth

Where would you want to go?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you want to go?

• Austria (Naeil's Cantabile, Spring Waltz)
    • Canada (Goblin)
    • China (Devilish Joy, Fated to Love You, Full House, Goong)
    • Cuba (Encounter)
    • Czech Republic (Lovers in Prague, Are you human too?)
    • France (Lovers in Paris, Shopping King Louie, The Package)
    • Greece (Descendants of the Sun, Chocolate)
    • Hungary (Doctor Stranger)
    • Indonesia (Something happened in Bali)
    • Italy (Vincenzo)
    • Slovenia (Dear My Friends)
    • Spain (The K2, Legend of the Blue Sea, Memories of the Alhambra)
    • Switzerland (Crash Landing On You)
    • Thailand (Jealousy Incarnate, Goong, City Hunter)
    • United States of America (Almost Every Kdrama)
    • Jordan (Misaeng)
    • New Caledonia (Boys Over Flowers)
    • Japan - Innocent Man, Iris, So I married an Anti-Fan (2021)
    • Estonia - A Piece of Your Mind
    • Malaysia - On The Way to Airport.
  2. 2. Continued

• Morocco - Vagabond
    • Nepal - 9 Times Time Travel
    • Philippines - Forest
    • Portugal - The Third Charm
    • Singapore - Spy Myeong Wol, Que Sera Sera
    • Poland - Terius Behind Me
    • Taiwan - Father, I'll Take Care of You
    • North Korea - King 2 Hearts, CLOY, Doctor Stranger
    • Romania - Blood

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/09/2022 at 03:18 PM

My stay in Mont Michel was inspired by the show, The Package. I had wanted to see the place at night and sans tourists - just like the characters had. It’s one of the best memories made and I think I’ll always look back fondly upon that as well as the show. 

The variety show, Traveller, with Kang Ha Neul and company trotting around Argentinian Patagonia brought back many good memories too! Perito Moreno Glacier and Iguazu Falls are sights to behold. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 4

Ooh I also verify that everyone should I also go to Mont Saint Michael in France. I stayed on the mont and it was magical.

Also, I need to promo my home country: Thailand. There’s a reason why I moved back here despite living all over the world: the food is incredible, we have it all re variety: seas and mountains, and people are generally kind. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 5

4 hours ago, Yinye said:

There’s a reason why I moved back here despite living all over the world: the food is incredible, we have it all re variety: seas and mountains, and people are generally kind. 

You forgot to promote Thai lakorns. They're amazing. :joy:

Every time @joccu chingu, @Lmangla sweetie and I watch Thai lakorns :love:

Kristen Bell Omg GIF by The Good Place

In yesterday's episode, we found out the leads who are in love are actually...

The Croods Sloth GIF by The Croods: A New Age

....COUSINS!!!!!!!! :scream:

@Yinye chingu, glad to hear you loved Bhutan. I have wanted to go there for the longest time ever, but as you know, it's not that easy to travel there. :tears:

How many countries have you lived in? :kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

If I visit Spain again, I would like to visit this place too..

the scene looks so lively    :D

You can find this spot in Barcelona: https://koreandramaland.com/listings/muhba-turo-de-la-rovira/ 

To be honest I've been to Barcelona like 3 times but never to this spot. Of course I will have to put it on my To Do List to meet my own Jeha haha.

this is how it looks <3

1 hour ago, joccu said:

I was last week in Denmark first time ever. And I have to say it was so beautiful. definitely going there again.

I went to Copenhagen only, did you see other spots as well?

All I remember is that Copenhagen is nice but expensive haha

5 hours ago, Yinye said:

Ooh I also verify that everyone should I also go to Mont Saint Michael in France. I stayed on the mont and it was magical.

d51e0380b7c32fe90cbe57d761f152dc.gif

wow this looks like a Disney castle!!! *to do*

11 hours ago, maribella said:

@Lmangla South America is a place I have always wanted to go. But no speakee Espanol. 

me too - and me neither. i'd love to explore South America but not sure about how it's possible :D But I hear doing central-America is "easier", like Panama.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

15 minutes ago, agenth said:

me too - and me neither. i'd love to explore South America but not sure about how it's possible

It's easy - but you may want to opt to fly as the distances in South America are pretty significant. It does help if you speak Spanish too!

Season 6 Chase GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

15 minutes ago, agenth said:

But I hear doing central-America is "easier", like Panama.

Central America is easy to cover by bus. All of the Central American countries are distinct and different from each other, so it's well worth while exploring all of them. :glasses:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

23 minutes ago, joccu said:

@agenth  yeah i saw Roskilde and Odense as well of course Copenhagen

Roskilde is such a cute little city. :love:

I guess it's more known for it's famous music festival though? Even the police seem to go to the Roskilde music festival in order to have fun :joy:

anY6EqB_460s.jpg

aOvV75r_460s.jpg

aerL1jO_460s.jpg

YxkvNA6.jpg

oWEJHa.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 2

*** My most popular dream vacation is to visit Italy's Amalfi Coast. ... But, aside from this, the “Crash Landing on You” location, which was Switzerland caught my attention while watching the drama especially the Lindenhof Hill Plaza. The Lindenhof fountain (where Se-ri mistakes a pianist for Jeong-hyeok). I’m just amazed of this place.  :heart3:

Lindenhof Hill plaza is a popular corner in Zurich

I travel to new places to gain new information about the places I visited and to discover new things. This, in turn, helps in broadening up my knowledge and enhance my personality. New places give new places of interest, new taste of food, culture, environment, people, etc. However, one visit to a place may not be sufficient to cover all points of visit and therefore, even those places covered once, feels new over a period of time when you visit again. I love going to new places and discovering new things. Actually, the real enjoyment to explore places are with friends &/family. Traveling becomes more enjoyable more interesting with someone else and not being alone. All my trips to other countries were a discovery. Visiting new places are always fun! There are many intangible benefits of travelling to new places. As someone has said “Travelling is one thing, that the more you spend, the richer you get!” Richer in terms of your experiences, learning and fulfilment in life. Travelling takes you out of your cocoon - adds excitement to your life - as it is a break from daily routine. I basically like every place since whether good, bad or in between, they are all interesting. However, l have favorites and there are some where one visit was enough. :kaching3:

I love Japan. You can buy/get anything in Japan. You can eat anything from all the countries. Everything is gathered in Japan. Really an exciting, safe country to live or visit. I also love Italy. It has great food and wonderful ancient buildings. Italy is the best country ever!  :heart2:

I usually travel during winter. I prefer cold snowing weather. Winter and summer holidays…. they are so different. Not only in the type of weather that you can experience, but also in the activities that you can do during the seasons. You should make sure that you know what type of season you want to plan your next trip at. And, consider making a change. Try doing the opposite type of season holiday every time you travel.  :kaching1:

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

For reasons I don't know (maybe my love of Crash Landing, I dunno), Instagram keeps sending me continual ads for Switzerland. Bring it on!!! :D 

Have been both to Prague (absolutely gorgeous) and Austria (I recognized several locations in Spring Waltz), and I'd happily go back. 

When I watched The Time between Dog and Wolf, I kept thinking, my gosh, Thailand is gorgeous! And wished I could pause the story and walk inside the screen and see more of the place. 

But ahhh...how about South Korea first? :) It's got all my favorite kinds of places, from bookstores to beaches to forests to mountaintops. Someday...!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

This was fun! And South Korea is first on my list! :lol:

If this hasn't already happened, could we have a K-drama foods event, too? That will include either shows where the star is one single dish (there has been one on pasta, I think, a while back; jajangmyeon, instant ramen are always a staple). Ask us about the foods that keep showing up in k-dramas, fancy, foreign and regional, and what our favorites are! Please include pictures/screenshots. I'm especially fascinated by the fancy table spreads! Thank you!! :lol:

• Love 4
  • Blob 1

Thanks for participating in the Event!

@TheQueenReturns @joccu @LeftCoastOppa @lebeaucouple @maribella @CarolynH @Yinye @serenilmauve @Lmangla @MayanEcho @rocat @Hannahmiriam@Sleepy Owl @madmad min @rocher22 @Gumiho @willenette @frozentundra @lilyphenix & more chingus!

The most popular places to be visited are:

With 18 votes Switzerland lands a podium places on third place. Perhaps it is the CLOY-effect? It was even reported in BBC News: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59636403 - whatever it is, people want to take a journey to Interlaken and see the beautiful lakes and mountains offered by Switzerland. Try some chocolate while you're there, too! 

image.png

We stay in Europe to find the two places of the world Soompi friends want to visit soon, TIED in first place are with 19 votes:

ITALY

200.gif 

the land of GELATO, SPAGHETTI AND PIZZA. Staple foods renown in the whole world. Is the food why people want to go there, or is it that they want to see where Vincenzo Cassano originated from? 

SPAIN

Fighting for first place as well is Spain. Beautiful areas have been shot by several famous dramas. 

Memories of the Alhambra even had a virtual reality of Girona! Further, the K2 featured several spots in Barcelona, most famously the ending scene and kiss. You can also find happiness in the Spanish sun with Legend of the Blue Sea!

Here you can follow some spots of Memories of the Alhambra:

We hope you had fun during this event - and in the future, please feel free to reach out to us anytime with your suggestions for events 

:partyblob:

Your Friendly Neighborhood and Resident EOs

@partyon @agenth @confusedheart @Sleepy Owl

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 2