Pack Your Bags & Travel (Drama Style)

agenth

Where would you want to go?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you want to go?

• Austria (Naeil's Cantabile, Spring Waltz)
    • Canada (Goblin)
    • China (Devilish Joy, Fated to Love You, Full House, Goong)
    • Cuba (Encounter)
    • Czech Republic (Lovers in Prague, Are you human too?)
    • France (Lovers in Paris, Shopping King Louie, The Package)
    • Greece (Descendants of the Sun, Chocolate)
    • Hungary (Doctor Stranger)
    • Indonesia (Something happened in Bali)
    • Italy (Vincenzo)
    • Slovenia (Dear My Friends)
    • Spain (The K2, Legend of the Blue Sea, Memories of the Alhambra)
    • Switzerland (Crash Landing On You)
    • Thailand (Jealousy Incarnate, Goong, City Hunter)
    • United States of America (Almost Every Kdrama)
    • Jordan (Misaeng)
    • New Caledonia (Boys Over Flowers)
    • Japan - Innocent Man, Iris, So I married an Anti-Fan (2021)
    • Estonia - A Piece of Your Mind
    • Malaysia - On The Way to Airport.
  2. 2. Continued

• Morocco - Vagabond
    • Nepal - 9 Times Time Travel
    • Philippines - Forest
    • Portugal - The Third Charm
    • Singapore - Spy Myeong Wol, Que Sera Sera
    • Poland - Terius Behind Me
    • Taiwan - Father, I'll Take Care of You
    • North Korea - King 2 Hearts, CLOY, Doctor Stranger
    • Romania - Blood

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/09/2022 at 03:18 PM

Pack Your Bags & Travel (Drama Style)

kim-sung-kim-sung-suitcase.gif

It's summer time - are you ready for holidays? Whether you stay at home or fly off into the next adventure, whether you relax on the beach, or whether you trek into the mountains - everybody is welcome here to share travel thoughts. Please feel free to share your dream destinations here, by posting a photo or video or any other travel inspiration. 

If you have no inspiration yet, find some virtual travel inspiration from this event.

Untitled-1.gif

Have you ever been amazed at the foreign locations (outside Korea) seen in the drama? Your favourite character walking down the old cobbled streets of Europe, or enjoying a luxury retreat. 

What do you like about experiencing new places? Is it just the scenery, the amazing history, or the delicious food? 

Where would you like to go? Start here, from A to Z

Disclaimer: We only listed major locations that were important in the drama. If a drama/location is missing, feel free to let me know and it can be added to the poll

Austria (Naeil's Cantabile, Spring Waltz)

Spoiler

69472821.jpg

Do you want to walk down the historic streets of Salzburg, where you can experience classical music? This city is all about Mozart, one of the famous composers, which is why this music-drama was based in Austria. 

Or are you looking forward to spend winter at picturesque Hallstatt. See this winter wonderland, where old castles, houses, and pine trees are all blanketed in snow. Try your hand at skiing!

CBm4M4AUMAAA7eD.jpg

Canada (Goblin)

Spoiler

8d26f8004ac85a7255c920cb91733476

While you may not have the transporting capabilities of Goblin to step through a red door, you can still (virtually) travel to Quebec and watch the autumn leaves fall. Also, I've heard of Tim Horton's great hot chocolate, what about you?

iQBcNl29n6pjpnQq7pZUlHANVamSC-e6UaHEXSfC

Red door

China (Devilish Joy)

Spoiler

screenshot-313.png

Cruise next to Hainan coastline/beach with a Ferrari, or go visit the Movie Town (an entire movie set built on Hainan) - look stylish like this Devilish Guy, if you find one in his sports car ~ 

Cuba (Encounter)

Spoiler

Encount your own stranger that makes your heart flutter in the dynamic streets of Havana and then enjoy a peaceful moment of sunset. Cuba is also famous for cuisine and cigars! Or you could try swimming to the southermost point of the US? 

cuba-sunset.jpeg?resize=698,342&ssl=1

Czech Republic (Lovers in Prague, Are you human too?)

Spoiler

dummy.jpg?x=b&a=0x0

Old Town Prague has a lot of charm, including the famous Charles Bridge by the river, where you can sit around the bankside.

are-you-human-2018-filming-location-epis

alternatively, encounter your doppelganger robot on the cobbled streets of Prague

France (Lovers in Paris, Shopping King Louie, The Package)

Spoiler

Visit the Eiffel Tower, or just rent a bike to cycle your way through Paris - or have a love triangle right in the heart of Montmartre. The city of love is certainly exciting for all three of them... and you? 

lovers-in-paris-2-1603452420.jpg

If your heart beats for shopping, the only place is PARIS, where haute couture is life:

Fall in love with Paris, while you stroll around its charming streets

Greece (Descendants of the Sun)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Enjoy the crystal turquoise blue waters of Zakynthos Island and be inspired by the date between the DOTS Leads. This place in  Navagio Beach is only accessible via boat and thus private... 

spacer.png

Hungary (Doctor Stranger)

Spoiler

lee-jong-suk-jin-se-yeon_1395898449_af_o

A short getaway in Budapest for these two, but maybe a longer one for you? Hungary is known for its Goulash but also for its thermal baths, where many people like to relax.

Indonesia (Something happened in Bali)

Spoiler

photo4131.jpg

Nowadays known for its yoga retreats, back then it was where you could meet a heroine if you booked a sightseeing tour in Bali! 

Italy (Vincenzo)

Spoiler

While Vincenzo was done entirely with CGI instead of Rome, did you get a taste of Italy and want more? Find gelato, spaghetti and pizza in Italy!

Slovenia (Dear My Friends)

Spoiler

b4702a1c4f5f2e4eae338c6241dbca0cffd32896

Visit the European Green Capital of 2016, or take a shot of the picturesque Lake Bled. 

Spain (The K2, Legend of the Blue Sea, Memories of the Alhambra)

Spoiler

Visit a monastery (without living in one) 

The-K2-filming-location-spain-episode-1-

or spend time with your loved ones freely (now that you don't have to run away anymore)

fb0689d50c55ca76aa12ddb495884472.gif

Spain has beautiful coastlines, but who needs them if you can travel on the bike without paddling?

main-qimg-6bb30e89c6d99ab0a33b352b98260f

This city here isn't built in virtual reality, but you can still find the charming streets in reality:

NPbZ3kN.gif?resize=418,228&ssl=1

Switzerland (Crash Landing On You)

Spoiler

86358620_639176629987199_659862321337729

Here is a place this couple found it's happy ending. Switzerland boasts a high quality of life, but also nature. Just bring your wallet as it's expensive - then again, you are getting the best banks in the world!

Thailand (Jealousy Incarnate)

Spoiler

tumblr_oci1spKlVL1u7p4blo1_1280.gif?resi

Here you can find tasty Pad Thai, or just walk along the bustling, colorful streets of Bangkok. It can be during a worktrip, or even in your own free time! 

United States of America

Spoiler

838fb29275382d123e656c3b930ed0be.gif

Brush up on your English as a Second/Third Language Skills while trying to learn how to surf? Also available: road trips, and many, many, different cultures. 

Jordan (Misaeng) suggested by @TheQueenReturns

Spoiler

While the Misaeng squad went to Jordan for a work trip, 

you can also wander through the streets or Amman or decide to trek to the city of Petra to see one of the world sights:

a8bb06295bdee11731d5fd27403ec4b3f9d529d6

56416ea4e5976ffe3f3907b4c57e8483390abcd6

Did you have fun travelling through the world with drama? If so, which part of the world excited you most? Do you have any summer plans? 

Let us know here!

Please feel free to reach out to us anytime with your suggestions for events :biubiu:

Your Friendly Neighborhood and Resident EOs

@partyon @agenth @confusedheart @Sleepy Owl

Spoiler

@pompyavi @Drama Bowl @singlebilingual  @SilverDawn  @larus @sadthe1st  @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu  @Thong Thin @kokodus  @Ameera Ali @superspace @000231846597

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma    @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @louie_999 @Lunita @RollyPenny @LovelyBirdAndYoo   @Rogue85  @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar 

@dolorisbrady  @willenette @rocher22  @africandramalover  @The.Lannister @wze2702 @rubyminho @ElectricHearts @BinJinBest   @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo   @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy  @hahanzyy   @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @cafe99   @kittyna  @Edgar Pordwed@samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson  @leeminhosny @morningdew @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj  @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@UnniSarah @booha   @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella  @pauliza  @princessaves   @valinor500    @anyeze 

@hola2jin   @xoxogkxoxo @debbsthebee @MrEildriz  @airgelaal @lebeaucouple  @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @Ms.sunshine 

@pad-hari   @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye  @Firefly @CA C @SophieH  @lexicon   @Areumdaun  @pixie0622

@asiaren   @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby   @belena    @SexyDolceVita  @goshhh @brooksmom @LeftCoastOppa   

@frozentundra  @Gretule  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru @itsmeash @RobinM @rocat   @morganian  @lovehuche   @shadowhawk  @Rumaizah Muhammed   @Hannahmiriam  @Tamakins    

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve    @Emily Bett   @Lmangla

@Prettysavage @andy78 @shinkeru @TheQueenReturns @lilian c  @Maliah @-JC-    @D27Gjk68    @Sunset @youactlikeicare  @Kdramabae  @youngae @prince1401 @wildcherry @jongkkot @orion00  @Madu Mita  @chickfactor @DrBooger @tiMadam @Andrea Balcazar  @hsmz  @Sky Kang  

@bee_wannabe  @tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321 @Arkahd  @the_sweetroad @L A @Chesleigh @hyall  @j9sshi  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho  @sgclear    @angela0612  @Kate Llama  @hahanzyy 

@kimlees    @lduc   @czakhareina  @anyeze  @jadore1 @haruhi17  @ssteph  @lila21    @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo   @Manngo 

@TheaN @wywp  @balletgoddess   @Lusiana    @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

@-Love Blossom-  @2d1n_fan  @0ly40  @AkiChan  @ammu82  @an-naum  @Annykey  @anzomi  @aprilfive  @Asimina Rodousaki  @Banshee Dragon   @bunnycotton143   @Carolina Baracaldo   @cherry47  @Chin Yan  @ChyuuNyuu   @DontEatMyKimchi  @DreamCatcher2011

@Ela Dee  @Eleve_ag  @Fata Morgana   @Haeun  @Hum4ir4  @Idylla Kaizoku  @illay  @iqna  @irilight  @jewellangela    @Kari Sama  @Kathy  @knkg  @Leeboyoung0112  @leo2020  @libra22  

@Man-O-Man  @mizv  @momosik   @Nermeen نرمين  @Pink_Bubbles4U  @pnaysurfer84  @pocca   @Rabbit_Small  @roli  @rrongrrong   @sugarcream @Table122000  @u8017  @vintage  @whome  @Zehra Dogan 

@Bleu Winter  @Jessie29 @Legslo  @Newbie21SG @Helena @caterpillar59

@omiki @junejungki @lilyphenix @Tuiwgn @Jcanqueen12   

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

1 minute ago, TheQueenReturns said:

I chose Hungrary and Greece, but what I would have also chosen though it's not mentioned is Israel and Jordan.

Oooh interesting!

Where was Israel featured?

I'd also like to see Jordan, at least Petra!

I will add Jordan for the scenes in Misaeng

https://www.jordantimes.com/news/local/scenes-tv-drama-series-misaeng’-shot-around-kingdom

• Like 5
  • Blob 3

14 minutes ago, agenth said:

Oooh interesting!

Where was Israel featured?

I'd also like to see Jordan, at least Petra!

I will add Jordan for the scenes in Misaeng

https://www.jordantimes.com/news/local/scenes-tv-drama-series-misaeng’-shot-around-kingdom

I would love to see Petra especially. There's a lot of history there. I don't think that any K drama has been Israel that's just me spouting off my bucket list

• Like 5
  • Blob 4

@agenth I can't vote for anything in the poll. I've been to all those countries listed. I wanna go somewhere new!

:crybaby:

@TheQueenReturns Petra is amazing! Wadi Rum is amazing too! I thoroughly enjoyed visiting Jordan. :love:

@joccu Slovenia is so beautiful. Lake Bled is a great day trip from Ljubljana. Have you been there?

lake bled

Pictures do not do this place justice.

On my bucket list of places I want to go to at the moment:

• Colombia
  • Rwanda
  • Uganda
  • Uzbekistan
  • Tuvalu
  • Vanuatu
  • Bhutan

bhutan_tigerredet.jpg?auto=compress,form

(Bhutan)

Landscape-of-the-Virunga-Mountains-in-Rw

(Rwanda)

slide-01.jpg

(Tuvalu)

The-most-beautiful-colonial-cities-in-Co

(Colombia)

@agenth I believe that Boys Over Flowers could be added to this poll? They went to New Caledonia. Also Innocent Man. Japan is featured in that one.

EDIT: @agenth just updated the poll. I have not been to NK. :sweats:

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

24 minutes ago, partyon said:

@agenth I believe that Boys Over Flowers could be added to this poll? They went to New Caledonia.

@agenth Chingu, I think you missed out adding "Japan" in the options too. "Innocent Man" had a few episodes there, and so did "Iris" and also "So I Married an Anti-Fan (2021)" :eats:

I would definitely love to visit "Japan", especially after watching "Iris" when the leads went to visit "Akita" there. That place looked so beautiful. 

Iris2.jpg

IRISTHEMOVIE-11.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Blob 1

18 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I would definitely love to visit "Japan", especially after watching "Iris" when the leads went to visit "Akita" there. That place looked so beautiful. 

omg. i totally remember those scenes. it was in their early days and when the drama was still light. they also went to this cute café...

1 hour ago, partyon said:

@joccu Slovenia is so beautiful. Lake Bled is a great day trip from Ljubljana. Have you been there?

i went to slovenia without Lake Bled. Actually I read that Dear My Friends did have scenes with Lake Bled? 

2c17d290-6fb9-4a2f-9f1c-c480de0b20da-lak

@partyon if you had to vote somewhere to go again.. ? :D

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

9 hours ago, agenth said:

@partyon if you had to vote somewhere to go again.. ? :D

I think I will have to do that because otherwise the only options available to me are NK and New Caledonia.

:hwaiting2:

K-movies have also had some pretty interesting locations. I remember watching "A Man and a Woman" with @confusedheart's oppa Gong Yoo. It was filmed in @joccu's country Finland. :kiss_wink:

%EB%82%A8%EA%B3%BC_%EC%97%AC_(Namgwa_Yeo

• Like 4
  • Blob 4

many my friends, relatives and people that I know all have traveled this summer to Greece. 

@partyon  I remember reading the news that gon yoo was making a film in Finland. they also filmed in Estonia. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 3

Thanks for the tagging @agenth:wub:

I enjoyed so much of the photos that all of you posting up.

My last visit was to Finland/Sweden/Norway to see the amazing Northern light, our trip including Estonia, (Formerly part of the Soviet Union) a small country close to Helsinki, Finland (need to take a cruise to this small country from Helsinki.

My bucket list will be :

1. Russia (we booked our travel there since last year but due to Pandemic, the border closed and now the war, it will be very hard to visit this country within a short term)
  2. Bhutan
  3. St. Antonio, Greece
  4. Iceland
  5. Scotland/Ireland/England
  6. Argentina/Brazil/Chile
  7. Croatia
  8. Turkey, Jordan, Israel
  9. Spain
  10. Southern part of Italy

Something that I regretted that I did not try (many years ago) when I was so close to : Antarctica (a cruise from New Zealand to Antarctica, South Poth ), I was given a chance to travel with NZ friends, but i wasn't prepared enough all the thick clothings during their Spring time, although we could rent it there) - i think it would be a great experience for me if I dare to go.

Capture1.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

I really wanted to go to the Louvres, Versailles but some criminal picked my pocket. I had only enough money to visit a few places. So peed off. 

I brought two credit cards so I could buy a teeny weeny LV purse, but curse the pickpocket... :rage:. I hope he choked on those euros he stole from me. 

I am going to China next, I'm sure they whipped pickpockets. :naughty:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

I voted for Greece and Italy (but I didn't care for any of those dramas) and North Korea (well, maybe the SK side of the DMZ).  Prior to kdramas, I would never consider SK (or really anywhere in Asia) as a destination, but I want to visit SK too.  In particular, Jeju and the DMZ.  Egypt--another place.

• Like 4
  • Blob 4

I’ve been blessed that I have been to Bhutan twice and encourage everyone to visit if you have the chance. I plan on going back for a third visit once the country reopens, they depend on tourism and I want to visit and support my friends there. I also used to live in Iwate, Japan and drove to Akita many times. Northern Japan - the Tohoku area is under appreciated and my favorite (but I am biased because I lived there lol).

Personally, have a long travel bucket list:

- South Korea (my mom’s dream to go since she loves Kdrama so much lol. I have to take her when we can go) 

- Germany, Denmark, Scotland - visit my childhood and friends in these countries

- Middle East - I love ancient history so I need to go back to Egypt again and redo the traumatic trip I had, hop over to Petra, Jordan too. 
- New Zealand and the Pacific Islands - i have always wanted to visit 

- Road-trip in NE USA - like from NYC - Boston up to Maine - but I will save this for when things get better in the US re Asian hate

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

so many fun destinations! there are couple of places on my list from above -- morocco, spain. I also want to hiking in the andes mountains and just see it for myself. so maybe peru or bolivia? I want to see those salt flats that make those amazing pics. kdrama cinematographers would have so much fun! but yea, lots of places to see on my list. :)

salt-flats-02-abc-mt-180920_hpEmbed_4x3_ 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

Trips tracing my roots would be fun for me. :) Others, to visit friends and folks, or for some good time seeing a new place.

Next trip would likely be down under, since it's long overdue. Just that...it will be a very long flight, LOL. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 4