SQId8.jpg

credit: Tencent

Details:

Title: 长相思 / Chang Xiang Si
English title: Lost You Forever
Genre: Historical, romance, fantasy

Director: Qin Zhen, Guo Xiao (郭潇)
Screenwriter: Tong Hua, Wang Li Zhi
Producer: Li Li Ming (李黎明), Tang Pan Jing, Xiao Sha (肖莎), Yang Xiao Xin (杨小欣)
Episodes: 40 (Part 1)
Broadcast network: Tencent
Broadcast period:  Jul 24 - Aug 15, 2023

Note: Adapted from the 3rd book in the novel series "The Book of Mountain and Sea" (山经海纪) by Tong Hua (桐华)

Cast:

Main
Yang Zi as Xiao Yao / Wen Xiaoliu
Zhang Wan Yi as Cang Xuan
Deng Wei as Tushan Jing
Tan Jian Ci as Xiang Liu / Fang Fengbei
Dai Lu Wa as A Nian
Wang Hong Yi as He Shui Feng Long

Supporting
Huang Can Can as Fang Feng Yi Ying
Wang Zhen as Shen Nong Xin Yue
Zheng Guo Lin as Gaoxin Emperor
Hou Chang Rong as Xuanyuan Emperor
Chen Xin Yu as White Robed Lady
Ye Xiao Wei as Tushan Hou
Gao Ji Cai as Lao Sang
Gao Xuan Ming as Chuan Zi
Chen Chuang as Lao Mu
Pu Tao as Sang Tian'er
Wang Lue Tao as Yue Liang
Sun Kai as Ma Zi
Shao Wei Tong as Li Rongchang
Shang Xuan as Hai Tang
Deng Shi Yun as Xuan Zhou
Gao Rong as Jing Ye
Li Shu Man as Xiao Xiao
Liu Bing Lu as Ling Lan
Xu Meng as Dan Shan
Peng Yi Bo as Zuo Er
Fu Rou Mei Qi as Miao Pu
Ding Jia Wen as Ru Shou
Li Jia Tong as Shan Hu
Wang Mo Tong

Synopsis:

In ancient times, where gods, goddesses, demons, and mythical creatures live alongside humans, there are three mythical kingdoms -- Sheng Nong, Xuan Yuan, and Gao Xing -- that govern a region of the world. After Emperor Xuan Yuan plots and successfully destroys the Shen Nong kingdom in an epic war, the Xuan Yuan kingdom rules over both, while the Gao Xin kingdom remains neutral.

Emperor Xuan Yuan had a daughter, with Sheng Nong Chi You, named Gao Xin Jiu Yao that he kept secret.  He put her into the foster care of Queen Mother Yu Shan. Emperor Xuan Yuan dies in battle. Jiu Yao later escapes from Yu Shan and goes through all kinds of hardships and eventually disguises herself as a male doctor, settling down in Qing Shui Town. In Qingshui Town, Xiao Yao/Wen Xiao Liu accidentally rescues Tu Shan Jing, the future leader of the Tu Shan Clan, encounters Xiang Liu, a nine-headed demon, and meets her cousin, Xuan Yuan prince Qiang Xuan who had been searching for her in the wilderness.

Life is the encounter and separation, it is the starting time and oblivion, but there are always things that once happened, will leave traces, and there will always be a person who once appeared, will be unforgettable. The fated meeting at Qing Shui Town changed the destiny of everyone...

Credit: MDL, Dramawiki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse

Please report to moderator @SC2019

• Awesome 1

• 1 month later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Lost You Forever 长相思 starring Yang Zi, Zhang Wan Yi, Deng Wei & Tan Cian Ji

Xiao Yao ends up with

Spoiler

Jing, but she almost marries Feng Long. Cang Xuan is her cousin, also in love with her.

I believe there’s an English translation of this novel at A Koala’s Playground. 

I’m looking forward to watching the first segment when Xiao Yao is in a male disguise as Xiao Liu - many funny moments there. The later parts are mostly politicking. Hope this airs soon - there’s nothing worth watching right now …. :sleeping:

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Have loved the author 桐华 Tong Hua's works ever since 步步惊心 Scarlet Heart, of which the book and the incredible 2011 cdrama tore my heart to shreds over and over. While not a fan of this cast, will still definitely check it out in hopes it will be good.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2023 at 4:41 PM, liddi said:

Have loved the author 桐华 Tong Hua's works ever since 步步惊心 Scarlet Heart, of which the book and the incredible 2011 cdrama tore my heart to shreds over and over. While not a fan of this cast, will still definitely check it out in hopes it will be good.

I agree with the author having really great books.

I've read some and I feel very satisfied.

I hope the drama lives up to the hype.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2023 at 5:58 PM, SC2019 said:

Rumour has it that this will air in the third quarter of this year, so look out everyone!

WeTV Malaysia IG account featured the trailer - so looks like it is coming soon...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ct0gcqEpQFy/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA%3D%3D

Hi, and many thanks for the news). Looking forward to Deng Wei's new drama. 

• 3 weeks later...

Rumoured to premiere on 24 July, let's see! But for those planning to watch, do note that with the new ruling from authorities, part 2 can only air 3 months later. And it so happens, this one has a part 2, which is again rumoured to air in Nov/Dec....  I wonder how viewers will tolerate the long wait?

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Lost You Forever 长相思, premieres July 24, starring Yang Zi, Zhang Wan Yi, Deng Wei & Tan Cian Ji
On 7/21/2023 at 4:36 PM, SC2019 said:

Rumoured to premiere on 24 July, let's see! But for those planning to watch, do note that with the new ruling from authorities, part 2 can only air 3 months later. And it so happens, this one has a part 2, which is again rumoured to air in Nov/Dec....  I wonder how viewers will tolerate the long wait?

I was quite in shock at first, bcs certainly it's a very long time. I am waiting for it bcs of Deng Wei mostly, so I'll definitely give it a try. However I'm afraid in this case they may end S1 with a angsty cliffhanger. In addition I wonder how the promotion will be organized for S2. Overall it's a new process, also for us, the viewers, so we could only wait and see how it goes). 

I like Yang Zi the FL since OtJ in 2016 but have not kept up with her works since then. 

Anyway, I got caught up today on this one and hope she ends up with the childhood friend, but the fox can give him a run for his money though and so can the evil general. When she forgot what she looked like that scene made me sad for her.  OMO.

How did she get lost?  Poor orphans....40 episodes for part 1, OK.

• Like 2