[Drama 2023] My Perfect Stranger/Run Into You, 어쩌다 마주친, 그대

larus

KBS2 DRAMA 2022

I MET YOU BY CHANCE

AOPMUIITAPUJPOH5FI75PGWVFM.jpg

Drama: I Met You By Chance/Run Into You/My Perfect Stranger(English Title)

Hangul: 어쩌다 마주친, 그대

Genre: fantasy, mystery, drama

Network: KBS2, Wavve

Episodes: 16

Director: Kang Soo-yeon (The Tale of Nokdu, The Ghost Detective, Jugglers)

Writer: Baek So Yeon (The Tale of Nokdu)

Release Date: May 1, 2023- June 20, 2023

Runtime: Monday and Tuesday

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

“You, Whom I Met By Chance” tells the mysterious story that unfolds when a man, who is traveling to the past to find the truth behind a series of murders, meets a woman who is traveling through time to prevent her parents’ wedding. Their goals seem completely unrelated, but they soon realize that their objectives are connected. (Asianwiki)

Cast

Kim Dong wook as Yoon Hae Joon

Jin Ki Joo as Baek Yoon Young

Seo Ji-hye as Soon Ae (Yoon Young`s mother -past/1987)

Lee Ji Hyun as Soon Ae (Yoon Young`s mother -present/2021)

Joo Yeon Woo as Yoo Bum Ryung

Lee Kyu Hoe as Hee Seop (present/2021)

Lee Won Jung as Hee Seop (past/1987)

Ji Hye Won as Mi Sook (1987)

Kim Hye Eun as Mi Sook (present/2021)

Im Jong Yun as Min Su (present/2021)

Kim Yeon Woo as Min Su (1987)

Park Soo Young as Hyung Man

Kim Jong Soo as Byeong Gu

Kim Jung young as Ok Ja

Choi Young Woo as Dong Sik

Jang Seo Won as Gyo Ryun

Jung Shin Hye as Jung Ah

Hong Na Hyun as Kyung Ae

Jung Ga hee as Lee Ju Yeong

Kim Ye Ji as Hae Gyeong

Kwon So Hyun as

Character descriptions

image_readtop_2023_301901_16818724225436

Yoon Hae Joon (Kim Dong Wook)  started his career at a broadcasting station as a local news reporter. He now works an anchor for the weekend news program and is the youngest anchor to ever work at the broadcasting station. He is calm and straightforward as a journalist and kind to people in his personal life.

image_readmed_2023_301901_16818724225436

Baek Yoon-Young (Jin Ki Joo) dreamed of becoming a writer, but, to support herself, she works at a publishing company. She is under a lot of stress because of her job and she sometimes takes it out on her mother. One day, Baek Yoon-Young faces a shocking case that changes her life.

Posters

7XYT4M7HMPO6ZNHNKW6EJ4T3GQ.jpg

4BN2BVB6BAHLQAKGBNIM3MPQP4.jpg

IU26GYFOSHLCFW3HTKVWHDV2UY.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

A

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

by lo_ve, January 19, 2022
9 4

Kim Dong Wook will reportedly lead the KBS 2TV drama "Bumped Into You."

A drama official reported on January 19th that Kim Dong Wook is returning with a new drama in KBS. He will be the main lead of the upcoming series "Bumped Into You."

The actor's agency hasn't responded to the circulation reports. 

"Bumped Into You" will be penned by scriptwriter Baek So Yeon who also worked for the KBS2 drama "The Tale of Nokdu." The drama will tell the story of a man who returns to the past to find the truth of serial murder and a woman who also goes back in time to prevent the encounter and marriage of her mother and father.

Kim Dong Wook got the offer to play the role of Hae Joon, a newspaper reporter who has a cool and straightforward personality. One incident gave him the ability to travel time and there he will face a woman named Yoon Jung.

"Bumped Into You" is scheduled to air this year. Other broadcasting details are still undecided.

11463_2f.jpg

Kim Dong Wook last starred in the 2021 drama "You Are My Spring" with Seo Hyun Jin, Yoon Park, Nam Gyu Ri, Kim Ye Won, and Han Min

If the actor confirms his casting for "Bumped Into You," this will be his second drama for the year. Kim Dong Wook is also set to star in the upcoming series "The King of Pigs." 

Kim Dong Wook is known for starring in the dramas "Find Me in Your Memory," "Special Labor Inspector Jo," "The Guest," "Radiant Office," "Coffee Prince," and more. He was also part of the hit movies "Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days," 'The Accidental Detective 2: In Action," "Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds," "The Concubine," "Five Senses of Eros," and "Take Off."

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-dong-wook-to-star-in-the-kbs-drama-bumped-into-you

Kim Dong Wook In Talks To Lead New Drama About Time Travel

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 19, 2022
by S. Nam

Kim Dong Wook may be starring in a new fantasy drama!

On January 19, a source from the entertainment industry shared, “Kim Dong Wook will be starring as the male lead Hae Joon in ‘You, Whom I Met By Chance’ (literal title).”

In response to the report, a representative of Kim Dong Wook’s agency KeyEast stated, “Kim Dong Wook has received an offer to star in KBS2’s new drama ‘You, Whom I Met By Chance,’ and he is currently reviewing the offer.”

“You, Whom I Met By Chance” tells the mysterious story that unfolds when a man, who is traveling to the past to find the truth behind a series of murders, meets a woman who is traveling through time to prevent her parents’ wedding.

If he accepts the role, Kim Dong Wook will be playing the cold-hearted and straightforward newspaper reporter Hae Joon. After gaining the ability to travel back and forth in time, he meets a woman named Yoon Young and gets swept up in a mysterious incident.

Following his debut with the film “A Crimson Mark” in 2004, Kim Dong Wook impressed with his various roles in “Coffee Prince,” “Find Me in Your Memory,” “You Are My Spring,” and more. Furthermore, he won a Daesang (grand prize) for his performance in “Special Labor Inspector, Mr. Jo” at the 2019 MBC Drama Awards. Kim Dong Wook is currently confirmed to star in the upcoming TVING original drama “The King of Pigs.”

The upcoming drama is written by scriptwriter Baek So Yeon of “The Tale of Nokdu,” and it is reportedly scheduled to premiere this year. The broadcast schedule is still undecided.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1509044wpp/kim-dong-wook-in-talks-to-lead-new-drama-about-time-travel

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

by lo_ve, May 24, 2022
7 2

Kim Dong Wook and Jin Ki Joo will be the main leads of the upcoming KBS drama "You, Whom I Met By Chance."

On May 24th it was officially announced that Kim Dong Wook and Jin Ki Joo will be working together for the Wednesday-Thursday drama "You, Whom I Met By Chance." 

"You, Whom I Met By Chance" will showcase the story of a man who is traveling to the past to find the answers to the serial murder and a woman who travels through time to stop her parents' marriage. 

The upcoming series will be directed by Kang Soo Yeon and the script will be written by Baek So Yeon. This will be their next work together after "The Tale of Nokdu." The drama will be produced by Arc Media. 

Kim Dong Wook will play the role of Yoon Hae Joon, a cool-headed news anchor at a weekend program. 

Jin Ki Joo will play the role of Baek Yoon Young, an ordinary girl who lives in the city.

"You, Whom I Met By Chance" will soon start filming. The premiere of the drama will be in the second half of the year. 

rpN47_2f.jpg

This will be the second drama of Kim Dong Wook for the year. He started 2022 with the series "The King of Pigs." He also made a special appearance in the ongoing drama "Sh**ting Stars." 

Jin Ki Joo is currently starring in the drama "From Now On, Showtime!" with Park Hae Jin, Jung Joon Ho, Go Gyu Pil, Jung Suk Yong, and Park Seo Yeon. She will also take part in the upcoming film "The Land of Happiness" with Jo Jung Suk, Yoo Jae Myung, and Lee Sun Kyun.

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-dong-wook-and-jin-ki-joo-to-lead-a-new-kbs-drama

May 24 2022

Kim Dong-Wook & Jin Ki-Joo cast in KBS2 drama “Met You By Chance”

Met_You_By_Chance-a00.jpeg

Kim Dong-Wook & Jin Ki-Joo are cast in KBS2 drama series “Met You By Chance” (literal title). In the drama series Kim Dong-Wook will play Yoon Hae-Joon. He works as an achorman on a local TV channel. Jin Ki-Joo will play Baek Yoon-Young. She works for a publishing company. The two main characters then travel back in time to the year 1987. They have two different goals while in the year 1987, but they realize they are connected.

“Met You By Chance” will air sometime later this year in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Yoon Hae-Joon (Kim Dong-Wook) started his career at a broadcasting station as a local news reporter. He now works an anchor for the weekend news program and is the youngest anchor to ever work at the broadcasting station. He is calm and straightforward as a journalist and kind to people in his personal life.

Baek Yoon-Young (Jin Ki-Joo) dreamed of becoming a writer, but, to support herself, she works at a publishing company. She is under a lot of stress because of her job and she sometimes takes it out on her mother. One day, Baek Yoon-Young faces a shocking case that changes her life.

Yoon Hae-Joon and Baek Yoon-Young somehow both travel back in time to the year 1987. There, Yoon Hae-Joon tries to find the truth behind a serial murder case and Baek Yoon-Young tries to prevent her parents from marrying. Their goals seem completely unrelated, but they soon realize that their objectives are connected.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kim-dong-wook-jin-ki-joo-cast-in-kbs2-drama-met-you-by-chance

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

Kim Dong Wook And Jin Ki Joo Confirmed For New Drama About Time Travel

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 24, 2022
by S. Nam

Kim Dong Wook and Jin Ki Joo will be starring in a new drama together!

On May 24, KBS2’s upcoming drama “You, Whom I Met By Chance” (literal title) confirmed that Kim Dong Wook and Jin Ki Joo will be starring in the drama together.

“You, Whom I Met By Chance” tells the mysterious story that unfolds when a man, who is traveling to the past to find the truth behind a series of murders, meets a woman who is traveling through time to prevent her parents’ wedding. In the midst of their strange and beautiful journey through time, the two get stuck in the year 1987.

Kim Dong Wook will be playing the level-headed and straightforward Yoon Hae Joon. After entering the broadcasting company as a local news reporter, Yoon Hae Joon became the youngest news anchor for the weekend 9 o’clock news. In addition to being a quick thinker, he also has handsome looks, great physical strength, and a warm heart. Following his debut with the film “A Crimson Mark” in 2004, Kim Dong Wook impressed with his various roles in “Coffee Prince,” “Find Me in Your Memory,” “You Are My Spring,” and more.

Jin Ki Joo will be taking on the role of Baek Yoon Young, an ordinary city girl of this generation who dutifully works for her superiors. While taking out her work-related stress on her mom, Baek Yoon Young suddenly experiences something unexpected and begins to live a different life while regretting everything that happened in the past. Previously, Jin Ki Joo captivated audiences in “Homemade Love Story” and “From Now On, Showtime!

The upcoming drama is created by scriptwriter Baek So Yeon and director Kang Soo Yeon of “The Tale of Nokdu,” and it will premiere sometime in the second half of 2022.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1527718wpp/kim-dong-wook-and-jin-ki-joo-confirmed-for-new-drama-about-time-travel

http://koalasplayground.com/2022/05/24/kim-dong-wook-and-jin-ki-joo-confirmed-for-kbs-time-travel-suspense-and-romance-drama-met-you-by-chance/

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Meet You By Chance/You, Whom I Met By Chance, 어쩌다 마주친, 그대- Kim Dong Wook & Jin Ki Joo- Premiere in August 2022

Seo Ji-hye from 'Love All Play' joins the lead role in 'I met you by chance'

CXTSAVCVF2KIS4D7EW4VANNUAI.jpg

Actress Seo Ji-hye (26) joins the lead role in 'I met you by chance'. As a result of the coverage of News 1 on the 31st, Seo Ji-hye confirmed her next work in KBS 2TV's new Wednesday-Thursday drama, 'My Love by chance' (played by Baek So-yeon, directed by Kang Su-yeon).

'I stumbled upon you by chance' depicts the strange and beautiful time travel of two men and women trapped in 1987. It tells the story of a man who seeks the truth of a serial murder in the past and a woman who wants to prevent the marriage of his mother and father, who realize that their goals are connected.

In this drama, Seo Ji-hye plays the role of Soon-ae, a girl from the countryside who is full of sensitivity. Soon-ae is a character who becomes involved with Baek Yoon-young (Jin Ki-joo), who has gone to her past, and is expected to radiate her presence in her drama.

Seo Ji-hye, who emerged as a 'hot rookie' by showing her stable acting skills and charm in the currently airing KBS 2TV Wednesday-Thursday drama 'The Speed To You 493km', quickly decided her next work and showed a trending move.

https://biz.chosun.com/entertainment/tv/2022/05/31/F7VOJ36UX2VIBXMAJYDG7SL4K4/

• Like 1

NEW EVENT!  

Favourite K-Dramas based on Web - Novels, Webtoons & Manhwa  

Vote NOW!  :piggydance:

Chingus, love them or hate them! You can’t ignore them. :coolshades:

K-Dramas inspired from manhwa, webtoons and web-novels are making a big splash in the entertainment industry. Vote for your favourite K-Dramas and let us know the ones you absolutely hated.

re:  Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @partyon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick Poll: Favourite Superheroes and Villains! :coolshades:

This is war! :cheers:

Hello everyone! We love our superheroes and hate the villains with vehemence. These characters have left an indelible mark on us. So, it's time to let the whole world know! Vote for your favourite superheroes and villains. Now!

Re:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth @Sleepy Owl

by lo_ve, July 18, 2022

Lee Ji Hyun will be part of the KBS drama "I Met You by Chance."

On July 18th Lee Ji Hyun is confirmed to join the cast of the upcoming KBS drama "I Met You By Chance." She will be playing the role of Jin Ki Joo's mother named Soo Ae. Her background will start the story in the series. 

"I Met You By Chance" depicts the story of a strange time travel of a man and a woman who was trapped in 1987. It will narrate the story of a man who's searching for the truth about serial murder and a woman who wants to stop the marriage of hs mother and father. As the two meets, they will realize that their goals are connected. 

The series will be led by Kim Dong Wook, Jin Ki Joo, and Seo Ji Hye.

"I Met You By Chance" will be the latest work of director  Kang Soo Yeon ("The Ghost Detective") and writer Baek So Yeon. This will be their follow up project together after "The Tale of Nokdu."

The upcoming series will be part of the Wednesday and Thursday drama timeslot on tvN. 

"I Met You By Chance"  will premiere in the second half of 2022. 

wZyPn_2f.jpg

The first half of 2022 has been a busy time for actress Lee Ji Hyun. She has starred in many series such as "All of Us Are Dead," "Thirty-Nine," "Green Mothers' Club," and "Love All Play." In these dramas, the actress played the role of the mother most of the time. 

For the second half of the year, Lee Ji Hyun will focus on "I Met You By Chance." 

Lee Ji Hyun has starred in several dramas such as "She Would Never Know," "Hush," "Hospital Playlist," "Dr. Romantic 2," "Abyss," "Beautiful World," "Let's Eat 3," and more. 

The actress is one of the few actresses that are popularly known for playing the mother role of the main lead. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-ji-hyun-joins-jin-ki-joo-in-the-upcoming-series-i-met-you-by-chance

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Meet You By Chance/You, Whom I Met By Chance, 어쩌다 마주친, 그대- Kim Dong Wook & Jin Ki Joo- Premiere second half2022
  • 3 months later...

Jin Ki-joo's Instagram... The coffee car for drama  I met you by chance...

Jin Ki-joo received another gift from her Samsung classmates..

X5MKWIO2DJ3PZHZ7XXLJOPS5JQ.jpg

On the 27th, Jin Ki-joo posted a picture with the caption, "I am B_roadway Samsung's daughter who left the house 2".

In the photo, Jin Ki-joo is smiling brightly while posing in front of a coffee car sent as a gift by Samsung classmates. The signboards and banners on the coffee truck read, 'I support you, who happened to meet actor Jin Ki-joo, who became Yoon-young by chance. Samsung Group's 52nd troupe dream', 'Really amazing main character Yoon Young, please take care of yourselves. Samsung Group's B_roadway comrades are cheering for you."

Jin Ki-joo graduated from Chung-Ang University's Department of Computer Engineering and worked at Samsung SDS for 3 years. Last year, she received a coffee car as a gift from his Samsung classmates and posted a photo to prove it.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/enter_general/2022/10/28/3L4AQCQY4VBDHT2DU54NPQC34M/

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2023] Met You By Chance/You, Whom I Met By Chance, 어쩌다 마주친, 그대- Kim Dong Wook & Jin Ki Joo- Premiere in January

Joo Yeon-woo confirmed to appear in 'I met you by chance'! Acting with Kim Dong-wook and Jin Ki-joo

https://cdn.mhnse.com/news/photo/202210/150625_144429_434.jpg

The agency Alien Company announced on the 28th that actor Joo yeon-woo has been cast in the new KBS 2TV drama 'I met you by chance'.

In the play, Joo-woo takes on the role of 'Yoo Beom-ryong', the last in the entire school of Woojung High School. At first glance, he seems to be an ordinary student full of foolishness and playfulness, but his behavior is always questionable. Joo-yeon woo is expected to show off her anti-war charm through this 'Yoo Beom-ryong'.

The rookie lead actor made his debut in the play 'The Man of the Century' in 2016, after which he made his debut in the movies 'Taebaekkwon', 'Yongrugak: Incorrect City' and dramas 'Health Teacher Ahn Eun-young', 'Shh! He made his face known by appearing in numerous works such as 'Please Take Care of Him' and 'Tracer'.

https://www.mhnse.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=150625

#MetYouByChance team was spotted filming at 두물머리/Dumulmeori.

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2023] I Met You By Chance/You, Whom I Met By Chance, 어쩌다 마주친, 그대- Kim Dong Wook & Jin Ki Joo- Premiere in January
November 8 2022

KBS2 drama”Met You By Chance” to air January, 2023

Met-You-By-Chance-SR1.jpeg

KBS2 drama series “Met You By Chance” (literal title), starring Kim Dong-Wook and Jin Ki-Joo, is now set to first air January, 2023 in South Korea. The drama series will air Wednesday and Thursday 9:50 PM, taking over the time slot after the 2022 KBS2 Drama Special series ends. The drama series depicts a time travel story, involving two people who find themselves in the year 1987.

Meanwhile, photos above and below are the from the first script reading which took place April, 2022. The first script reading included Director Kang Soo-Yeon, Screenwriter Baek So-Yeon, Kim Dong-Wook, Jin Ki-Joo, Seo Ji-Hye, Lee Won-Jung, Kim Jong-Soo, Lee Gyu-Hoe, Lim Jong-Yun, Kim Hye-Eun, Kim Jung-Young, Choi Young-Woo, Park Soo-Young, Lee Ji-Hyun, Jang Seo-Won, Jung Ga-Hee, Kim Yeon-Woo, Jung Sin-Hye, Joo Yeon-Woo, Hong Na-Hyun, and Ji Hye-Won.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Yoon Hae-Joon (Kim Dong-Wook) started his career at a broadcasting station as a local news reporter. He now works an anchor for the weekend news program and is the youngest anchor to ever work at the broadcasting station. He is calm and straightforward as a journalist and kind to people in his personal life.

Baek Yoon-Young (Jin Ki-Joo) dreamed of becoming a writer, but, to support herself, she works at a publishing company. She is under a lot of stress because of her job and she sometimes takes it out on her mother. One day, Baek Yoon-Young faces a shocking case that changes her life.

Yoon Hae-Joon and Baek Yoon-Young somehow both travel back in time to the year 1987. There, Yoon Hae-Joon tries to find the truth behind a serial murder case and Baek Yoon-Young tries to prevent her parents from marrying. Their goals seem completely unrelated, but they soon realize that their objectives are connected.

Met-You-By-Chance-SR2.jpeg

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kbs2-dramamet-you-by-chance-to-air-january-2023

• Like 2

Kim Dong Wook Is A Handsome And Competent News Anchor With A Deep Wound In Upcoming Fantasy Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 9, 2022
by S. Kim

KBS2’s new drama “You, Whom I Met By Chance” (literal title) has dropped its first stills of Kim Dong Wook!

Starring Kim Dong Wook and Jin Ki Joo, “You, Whom I Met By Chance” tells the mysterious story that unfolds when a man, who is traveling to the past to find the truth behind a series of murders, meets a woman who is traveling through time to prevent her parents’ wedding. In the midst of their strange and beautiful journey through time, the two get stuck in the year 1987.

Kim Dong Wook will take on the role of the level-headed and straightforward Yoon Hae Joon, who becomes the youngest news anchor for the weekend 9 o’clock news. Hae Joon, who was born in a wealthy family, seems to have everything he needs including handsome looks, great physical strength, and a warm heart, but he has a deep wound in the corner of his heart about his family since childhood.

The stills capture Yoon Hae Joon with a serious face. While he boasts a handsome appearance with a neat hairstyle and a well-fitted suit, his sharp gaze stimulates the viewers’ curiosity about what has happened to him in the photos.

kim-dong-wook-1536x1024.jpeg

Spoiler

kim-dong-wook2.jpeg

In another still, Yoon Hae Joon is dressed in a more casual style, showcasing a dandy look while he is not working. His perplexed facial expression adds to the curiosity about who the person in front of him is and what they are discussing.

kim-dong-wook3.jpeg

The production team remarked, “Transcending genres once again, Kim Dong Wook has perfectly transformed into the character Yoon Hae Joon, and he is working hard on filming. Please look forward to how Kim Dong Wook will lead the story as Yoon Hae Joon as well as his chemistry with Jin Ki Joo.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1553264wpp/kim-dong-wook-is-a-handsome-and-competent-news-anchor-with-a-deep-wound-in-upcoming-fantasy-drama

• Like 1