Genre: Xianxia, romance
Episodes: 39

Director: Deng Ke

Screenwriter: Jiu Lu Fei Xiang
Executive Producer: Zhao Li Ying
Broadcast period: Mar 18, 2024 -
Apr 5, 2024

Broadcast network: Tencent

Note: Adapted from the novel "Yu Feng Xing" (与凤行) by Jiu Lu Fei Xiang (九鹭非香).

Cast:

Main Cast
Zhao Li Ying as Shen Li
Feng Xue Ya as Shen Li (young)
Lin Geng Xin as Hang Zhi

Supporting
Xin Yun Lai as Mo Fang
Zeng Li as Shen Muyue
Xuan Lu as Liu Yu
Qiu Xin Zhi as Liu Ming
Xu Hai Qiao as Feng Lai
Wei Zi Xin as Fu Sheng
Zhou Xiao Chuan as Shang Bei
Chen Zhen as Chu Fei
He Yu as Fu Rongjun
La Mu Yang Zi as You Lan
Liu Guan Lin Heavenly Emperor
Dong Jie as Lady Yun
Song Ning Feng as Zhou San Lang
Huang Cheng Cheng as Wang Bao
Wang Yi Yao as Lady Jin
Li Zi Feng as Qing Ye / Gu Chengjin / Jing Yan
Huang Yi as Xiao He / Jing Xi
Hu Dan Dan as Ye Shi / Shi Meng
Zhou Jun Wei as Mu Zichun
Hou Tong Jiang
Tan Yan Yan as Bao Qin
Li Yi Nan as Bei Xiaoyan
Chen Lu Xi as Rou Ya
Wang Miao as Fu Hua

Synopsis:

The play is adapted from the novel of the same name by Jiu Lu Fei Xiang. The summary below is taken from the novel, not the drama.

The ancient gods have died, and there is only the last god in the world - Hang Zhi. Rumor has it that this dynamic God has lived alone in the heavens for tens of thousands of years, with no feelings and no desires, indifferent to the world. In the battle of the immortals and demons, he turned the tide by himself, and since then, has chosen to distance himself from the world.

Hundreds of years go by in the blink of an eye. On the occasion of her thousand-year-old birthday, Shen Li, an accomplished and powerful general in the Demon Realm, who holds the honorary title Prince Bi Cang, is forced into a political marriage to the thirty-third grandson of the Celestial Emperor, Fu Rong (a notorious casanova). While escaping from her marriage, she is injured and transforms into her original form - a phoenix. She then falls into the human world. Seriously injured and comatose, a human hunter picks her up, plucks all the golden feathers from her body, and sells her to a chicken seller who locks her in a cage for sale. When Shen Li wakes up, she is furious at the situation, but there is nothing she can do. Just as she falls into total despair, a handsome man (Hang Zhi) dressed in blue and white passes by. After staring at her for a long time thoughtfully, he smiles: "I want this one."  And just like that, a seemingly casual transaction seals their fate. 

credit: MDL, Dramawiki, Baidu

Trailer:

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, YouTube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse @SC2019

• Awesome 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Yu Feng Xing 与凤行 starring Zhao Li Ying & Kenny Lin

It's official, Tencent has announced today, the pairing of Zhao Li Ying and Kenny Lin Geng Xin for this drama and the concept poster (refer to first post) was uploaded onto their weibo account. For those waiting for Princess Agents 2, I suppose this is a consolation of sorts where they both collaborate in another drama again. Pictures have been circulated online showing Zhao Li Ying working on flexibility probably for martial art scenes and melons have been reporting that Kenny Lin (who has a purported belly) is working on losing weight.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, SC2019 said:

For those waiting for Princess Agents 2, I suppose this is a consolation of sorts where they both collaborate in another drama again. Pictures have been circulated online showing Zhao Li Ying working on flexibility probably for martial art scenes and melons have been reporting that Kenny Lin (who has a purported belly) is working on losing weight.

Ohh, that would be hard to watch at first,  I suppose the comparison with PA is  inevitable :D. Overall, very happy that Kenny decided to make a "costume drama comeback":wub:

• Blob 1

Now that you mentioned it @SC2019, I realized that PA never did follow up on the part 2 rumor.

And you are right, this may just be the thirst quencher for those who wanted to watch Kenny Lin and Zhao Li Ying on the TV screen again. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] The Legend of Shen Li 与凤行 starring Zhao Li Ying & Kenny Lin
  • 2 months later...

I am impatiently waiting for this!!!!

I loved the novel and I have learned to lower my expectations regarding the transition from book to film.

And this couple has long been awaited for another show.

I love them in Princess Agents!!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2022 at 10:11 AM, ElleSor said:

I am impatiently waiting for this!!!!

I loved the novel and I have learned to lower my expectations regarding the transition from book to film.

And this couple has long been awaited for another show.

I love them in Princess Agents!!

I also enjoyed the novel - it was pretty funny and fun. I am a bit worried though since the novel was quite short if I remember correctly only two volumes and they are making 40 episodes. 

I enjoyed Princess Agent the drama back then and joined in the WTH re what they did to us fans re the stupid adaptation being incomplete and only half of the novels (I read the novel too). 

I am happy for fans that wanted these two to reunite but ZLY is a hit or miss for me. I haven’t decide yet if I will watch this one. I will wait for the trailer to see. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yinye said:

I am happy for fans that wanted these two to reunite but ZLY is a hit or miss for me.

I'm not that crazy fan of both, but I have high hopes for this drama bcs IMO they previously had amazing oncreen chemistry together.  However we could only wait and see how it goes).

P.S. I sincerely hope they again invite Bian Jiang to overdub Lin Geng Xin, just like in Princess Agents, that would be great).

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

And please, give us the perfect finalé (still remembers how PA ended, hah!)! :sweatingbullets:

Hahahaha!

Yes, my God!

That ending was one for the books.

I could never understand why it was cut short that way.

Anyway, I want a beautiful ending for Shenli.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...