SC2019

mr-bad.jpg

Details:

Chinese title: 我的反派男友 | Wo De Fan Pai Nan You 
English title: Mr Bad aka My Villain Boyfriend

Genre: Comedy, Romance, Fantasy

Episodes: 24

Director: Li Qing Rong
Screenwriter: Lu Han (路寒), Li Jing Chun (李静淳)
Producer: Yang Bei, Liu Miao Miao (刘苗苗)

Broadcast Period: Sept 30 - Oct 9, 2022

Network: iQiyi (part of the Sweet On series)

Cast:

Chen Zhe Yuan as Xiao Wudi
Shen Yue as Nan Xing
Luo Ming Jie as Lu Zichen
Qu Jing Jing as Ye Qing
Dong Xuan as An Nina
Wang Zi Jian as Zhen Xian Zi
Guo Xiao Tian as Xiao Hao
Su Zi Shan as Xiong Sisi
Shao Feng

Synopsis:

A reversal on the typical love story follows a young woman named Nan Xing who loves to write. While making a wish, she accidentally summons the villain from her own book!

When Xiao Wu Di, the clever, cunning and narcissistic "big villain" from the book, first came to this world, he resorted to threats and blackmail to live next door to Nan Xing. It marks the start of a life of endless mischief and fighting between two neighbours.

Nan Xing's wish is the reason why Xiao Wu Di materialised so whenever she needs help, he would automatically be summoned to her side. In order to return to his original world, Xiao Wu Di decides to help Nan Xing realize her wish to find true love only to realize that he has gradually become drawn towards Nan Xing's kind innocence. Meanwhile, she also discovers that he has cuteness outside of his "villainous" traits.

Cr MyDramaList| Dramawiki

Trailer:

OST:

coming soon

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, YouTube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse @SC2019

Character Stills, from the looks of the promotional efforts, this is going to be definitely a 2022 drama,

just a question of whether it will be June or later... [ah!!!! :cutekitty: it's Chen Zhe Yuan]

iQiyi announces that this will be a summer drama, meaning mid-June to mid-Sept.

00e93901213fb80e7becbdcc4a83382eb9389b50

0df3d7ca7bcb0a46f21f10221731e1246b600c33

314e251f95cad1c8a786ed3b036c7009c93d70cf

Spoiler

b2de9c82d158ccbf6c819426658aab3eb13533fa

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lovehuche said:

This drama is out today but no English subbed yet

Nope, that's not Mr Bad, apparently that website wrongly put in this drama in it's place -->This Young Man Is A Little Cold (2021).

Mr Bad has definitely not aired yet.

• 3 weeks later...

iQiyi's Youtube channel reports that this drama is coming to us in the summer of 2022. Summer is from 21 June - 23 Sept...

The line up is:

《Love The Way You Are》https://bit.ly/3rIxsid - out June 16
《Love Between Fairy and Devil》https://bit.ly/2YWgkup 
《See You Again》https://bit.ly/3yM3ezh
《Mr.Bad》https://bit.ly/3lvpcOY - is 4th on this list
《Love in Time》https://bit.ly/3PBX8HI

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, leo2020 said:

People, I just literally bumped into OST on official IQiyi channel :partyblob:. Hope it's coming soon, I haven't seen Chen Zhe Yuan for a long time:fullofhearts:. Not familiar with FL though, is she capable?).

saw a rumour on MDL that they will drop all eps on Sept 30. Let's see. 

• Blob 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Mr Bad 我的反派男友, premieres Sept 30, starring Chen Zhe Yuan & Shen Yue
19 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Is it all in one go? At the same time?

I dunno if this is a good thing for the drama or a bad thing if all the episodes are released in one go.

Looks like that's not the case... Premieres on Sept 30 and airs everyday, ends on Oct 9.

calendar4ce84065a8762a81.jpg

Credit: iQiyi

Official trailer released 22 hours ago

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

It feels like "Rooftop Prince"? The leads chemistry is cute. I've only watched one ep. plot seem cliche also. Will watch a few more ep. to decide if I should continue or not LoL. 

It seems like no c-drama this year have been able to top "A Love Like the Galaxy" for me... Well, save maybe for "Falling Into You" eheheh. 

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Mr Bad 我的反派男友, premiered Sept 30, starring Chen Zhe Yuan & Shen Yue

I’m enjoying this . It’s such a refreshing romcom that fully embraces being a romcom without becoming to over the top ,melodramatic or very typical of it cliches. Rather it embraces cliches in a very refreshing way that doesn’t exactly feel new , but doesn’t feel very predictable or boring either. 

On 10/1/2022 at 3:58 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

It feels like "Rooftop Prince"? The leads chemistry is cute. I've only watched one ep. plot seem cliche also. Will watch a few more ep. to decide if I should continue or not LoL. 

It seems like no c-drama this year have been able to top "A Love Like the Galaxy" for me... Well, save maybe for "Falling Into You" eheheh. 

I've given up the middle parts and am waiting till they get together.

Spoiler

I think I've watched too many serious dramas that I can't take trvial, dog-blood (China slang for cliched plots) kinda dramas for a time. Someone commented that Shen Yue won't fail her roles but she hasn't grown on me (yet). Chen Zhe Yuan is performing as expected, though in the BTS interviews he looks kinda distracted.

• Like 1