[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Fox Spirit Matchmaker: Yue Hong 涂山小红娘月红篇, starring Yang Mi & Simon Gong

SC2019

S4Y0D.webp

credit: iQIYI

Details:

Chinese title: 狐妖小红娘•月红篇 / Hu Yao Xiao Hong Niang: Yue Hong Pian
English title:  Fox Spirit Matchmaker: Yue Hong

Genre: Historical, Romance, Wuxia, Fantasy

Episodes:  38

Director: Mai Guan Zhi, Du Lin
Screenwriter: Wei Zai, Jian An, Han Pei Zhen
Producer: Dai Ying, Wang Yi Xu, Zhang Yu Cheng

Broadcast Period: 

Network: Tencent, iQiyi

Note: This is one of the three stories in the world where the Fox Spirit plays a central role. Adapted from the manhua/ anime entitled Hu Yao Xiao Hong Niang (狐妖小红娘) by Tuo Xiao Xin (庹小新) 

Cast:

Main

Yang Mi as Tushan Hong Hong
Gong Jun as Dongfang Yue Chu
Guo Xiao Ting as Tushan Ya Ya
Wei Zhe Ming as Third Mister of Ao Lai Kingdom
Hu Lian Xin as Tushan Rong Rong
Wen Zheng Rong as Shi Ji, Black Fox

SupportingFan Ming as Butler Fei
Liang Chao as Tushan Bu Zui
Jerry Huang as Jin Renfeng
Li Yu Hao as Tushan Mei Mei
Hong Xiao as Fu Cheng
Feng Xiao Tong as Dongfang Luo
Wang Zi Rui as Dongfang Yue Chu's father
Li Xi Meng as Cui Yuling
Chen Tao as Tushan Liu Shang
Ning Jia (宁佳) as Tushan Jiu Shuang
Wang Xiao Yun Zi as Tushan Wu Li
Yu Wei Ni as Xiao Feng

Yu Yao Chapter
Zhu Xu Dan as Bu Tai, Princess of Yu Yao Country
Yang Shi Ze as Shi Kuan

Qian Yan Chapter
Chen Yao as Lv Jianwen
Mao Zi Jun as Yan Ruyu

Wei Sheng Chapter
Chen Du Ling as Yue Dixia
Zhang Ling He as Hu Weisheng

Synopsis:

The Yue Hong chapter of the Fox Spirit Matchmaker Series,  which tells the story of Tu Shan Hong Hong of the Fox tribe and human Dongfang Yuechu, both fighting to death to protect the peaceful co-existence of the fox tribe and human tribe. 

Tu Shan Honghong (played by Yang Mi), the righteous head of the Tushan Fox clan, meets Dongfang Yue Yue (played by Gong Jun), a descendant of the Dong Fang family, and gradually, they fall in love. In order to protect their loved ones and maintain peace between the two races, the two lovers go through countless hardships.

The background story for the three dramas: 

The story revolves around the love between humans and spirits. According to classical novel records, there are spirits in the world and spirits will fall in love with humans. As the life of a spirit transcends thousands of years whilst a humans' lifespan is limited, people die, are reborn and reincarnated. But after their birth, they do not remember the love of the previous life. If the spirit is infatuated enough, it will go to the fox spirit to "buy" a service, so that the person who is reincarnated will recall the love from their previous life.

With the role of the fox spirit, the work mainly tells the story of the fox spirit in relation to a line of former lovers, set in a series of interesting and mysterious stories.

Source: MDL| Wikipedia

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

coming soon

OSTs:

coming soon

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

Yang Mi is a great actress. She does very well in ancient themed dramas.

I've not watch a lot of Simon Gong ancient dramas. I distinctly remember just one and I'm not even sure if he was the male lead in that.

• Wiggle 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Fox Spirit Matchmaker: Yue Hong 涂山小红娘月红篇, starring Yang Mi & Simon Gong
17 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Taiost priest...

Emmm,  if I'm not mistaken they should practice ascetic lifestyle, right? So, probably no "happy ever after" for any lovestory here? However, Simon's styling looks anything but ascetic to me, hehe :D. Ok, I suppose we should wait and see where it all goes))).

I personally would prefer a happy ending for Yang Mi's character. I'm still not over Pearl Eclipse,  I don't want her to slowly become a female version of Chang Yi  in her new dramas...

17 hours ago, SC2019 said:

And Yang Mi as a fox spirit - no surprises, huh?

She looks so fierce, I love the character already))):wub: 

• Wiggle 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
8 hours ago, carmolita said:

I'm excited about this drama, I love Yang Mi's work, she brings out the best in her co-stars, I'd love to see her work with yang yang one day.  Is there any word on a start date? It's supposed to air this year.

Since it's xianxia they obviously will need more post-production time. 4Q I presume,and only if everything goes smoothly with PP, censorship,  etc... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...