[Mainland Chinese Drama 2023] Road Home 归路

SC2019

kBygj_4f.jpg
Details:

Chinese title: 归路 | Guī lù
English title: Road Home

Genre: Romance

Director: Yu Cui Hua
Screenwriter: Mo Bao Fei Bao (same as the author of the novel)
Episodes: 30

Broadcast Date: Mar 14 - Mar 31, 2023          

Network: iQiyi

Note: Adapted from the novel "The Road Home" (归路)  by Mo Bao Fei Bao (墨寶非寶).

Cast:

Jing Bo Ran as Lu Yanchen
Tan Song Yun as Gui Xiao
Li Min Cheng as Qin Mingyu
Zhang Bai Jia as Meng Xiaoshan
Wang Hao as Hai Dong
Zhang Qiao Er as Duan Rou
Liang Tian as Gui Zheng
Sha Bao Liang as Gui Yuanshan, Gui Xiao's father
Hai Ling as Cai Yaya
Zhang En Shuo (张恩硕) as Qin Xiaonan
Gong Rui as Lin Nan
Lu Yu Peng as Gao Hai
Hang Yi Fan (杭一帆) as Du Yiwen
Xu Rong Zhen as Shen Jin, Gui Xiao's mother
Wu Yu Fang as Mother Lu
Song Ning Feng
Guo Xiao Tian
Li Mo Zhi
Liu Lu
Su Xin
Xue Yu Bin
Zheng Jia Bin
Wu Cheng Ze
Sun Ya Li
Gong Yi Xing (龚毅星)
Liu Chang Chun
He Qiang
Yuan Ruo Hang
Chen Yu Cheng
Pang Cong

Synopsis:

Gui Xiao and Lu Yan Chen are each other's first love. As Lu Yan Chen enters a police academy abroad and Gui Xiao's family encounters a misfortunate incident, the relationship between the two ends. Eight years later they meet (Gui Xiao is now an investment director and Lu Yan Chen, an Explosive Ordnance Disposal police officer) and are instantly able to recognise each other. In that chance meeting, they realise how their heart still yearns for each other. Two years later, in a border town covered with snow, Gui Xiao and her friend Cai Ya Ya accidentally lose their car. In desperation, Gui Xiao turns on her mobile phone and dials Lu Yan Chen's number.

Credit: MDL| Baidu

Preview & BTS:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• Like 2

@ElleSor I don't think I've ever been acquainted with him before, so this will be a first for me. I like his broody kind of look and it feels right for this role (at least he looks the part of a soldier, I am thinking of another one where the lawyer didn't look like a lawyer). Btw, I think I read somewhere that when ST meets JBR's character, in that snowy town, his parents have arranged a marriage for him already. So that ought to amp the angst quite a bit.

Incidentally, doesn't this first video give you the feels of When The Weather is Fine (with Park Min Young?)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@ElleSor I don't think I've ever been acquainted with him before, so this will be a first for me. I like his broody kind of look and it feels right for this role (at least he looks the part of a soldier, I am thinking of another one where the lawyer didn't look like a lawyer). Btw, I think I read somewhere that when ST meets JBR's character, in that snowy town, his parents have arranged a marriage for him already. So that ought to amp the angst quite a bit.

Incidentally, doesn't this first video give you the feels of When The Weather is Fine (with Park Min Young?)

I haven't watched the one with Park Min Young yet. But my interest is piqued so I will search for it. Thanks!!

I love the feels of the video...all that snow and cuddling. Excited for this. JBR was in LoveO2O the movie, btw.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

This was the wrapping up video, finished filming in July 2022 after about 3 months' shooting.

thanks for the update! I absolutely love that they opted for more "location" shootings, and the drama seems to have  mature relationship (kind of) vibe, very promising production indeed.

P.s. Puppy is soo adorable:wub:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Road Home 归路, premiering 14 March, starring Seven Tan & Jing Bo Ran
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Road Home 归路, premiered 14 March, starring Seven Tan & Jing Bo Ran

Ugh the long silences and very lil communication between cp here frustrates me tsk.

I will lose my mind LoL tbh. Xiao has got the patience I'd give her that. Jing Bo Ran is mainly the reason why I'm still watchin'. He is just so sexy here.

Can't help but feel Tan Song Yun is miscast here.. she seems a fl not suited for the ml. They lack a certain intensity(?) And the cold landscapes here freezes my mind watchin' it ha-ha. I like cooler temperatures but not when it's below freezing. 

• LOL 1

This one is a masterpiece of matured love story.   This year has been great with matured themes.  I love it. 

Now for this drama,

The first 6 episodes are bit slow.  But its catching up the pace slowly from 7th.  And the chemistry between the leads is sizzling.  We are getting a lot a touchy touchy scenes between the leads and cannot wait until they get married.  I love seven tan and i am watching this for her.   this is my first watching JB.  He is not your usual  eye candy ML  but his six pack and acting is so killing me.  His acting is fantastic.  Catching up to the daily episodes and waiting for their release is so frustrating.  Anyway, the drama is so good and i am enjoying this so much.

• Like 1