[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Destined to Meet You, 别跟姐姐撒野

SC2019

0olwN_4f.jpg
Details:

Chinese title: 别跟姐姐撒野
English title: Destined to Meet You

Genre: Comedy, Romance, Drama

Director: Zeng Qing Jie
Episodes: 20 (each episode is only 10 minutes)

Broadcast Date:  May 13-21, 2022 (2 episodes released daily at 12 noon)

Network: Youku

Note: Adapted from the web novel "Ba Hun, Xu Mo Yi Jiu" (霸婚,蓄谋已久) by Yu Ge (鱼歌)

Cast:

Yang Ze as Gu Cong Bei

Lu Yan Qi as Jin Rong Rong

Ni Han Jin as Jin Xi Chen

Guo Jiayu as  Liang Jingjing

Synopsis:

Jin Rong Rong, the resolute general manager of Jinchao Group, meets Gu Cong Bei, a  singer of a bar, on the way to secretly inspecting the operations at a business district. After a drunken night Jin Rong Rong learns that Gu Cong Bei is still a college student. With zero experience in love, she pretends to be calm and claims to be responsible for him. Coincidentally when Jin Rong Rong goes for a blind date  she unexpectedly finds out that Gu Cong Bei is the third son of the Gu family, and is also looking for a marriage arrangement. So, she decides to choose him as her marriage partner.  What she doesn't know is that Gu Cong Bei is purposely trying to get close to her.
Living under the same roof after their marriage, Gu Cong Bei notices that Jin Rong Rong is different and unique, but Jin Rong Rong is also very secretive and refuses to open up to her new husband about why she is afraid of the cold. As truths and motives begin to emerge, will these two  be able to overcome the trials headed their way?

Credit: MDL

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Destined to Meet You, 别跟姐姐撒野

I haven't finished watching the entire drama but I've caught snippets here and there. I would say the ML's performance is pretty consistent with his other drama, The Killer is Also Romantic. Thus, it's watchable - straightforward storyline, as each episode is short at only 10 minutes and from what I've read in another forum, the FL's acting is also very decent. So if anyone wants an easy watch with believable acting, check this out!

Here's a BTS, the actual drama is subbed up to E14 on certain platforms, for those who need it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wonderif anyone is watching this :). I've managed to watch till ep9).  (Literally I am buried under amount of work :crazy:).

I should say I find Killer Is Also Romantic much more captivating). Mostly because I think the chemistry between the leads here is not very convincing at some points. 

But still, this drama is so far very sweet with a couple of twists). I hope to see more of Yang Ze dramas in the future :wub:.  

• Like 2

OK, finished it tonight. 

Spoiler

Wow, I sincerely hoped her "brother" is not involved, at least not directly :(.  So no happy ending for a (potentially) 2nd couple.

Overall, quite an entertaining story indeed. 

Spoiler

I'm gone to check My Super hero with Huang Xuan (can't find a related thread...). Anyone in?:) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Hehe...how was it.. is the drama good?

It was relatively good))). Things go very fast, so you have no time to get bored))).  However I personally loved ML's previous drama (also a short drama)

Spoiler

Killer Is Also Romantic 

more). 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

20 hours ago, leo2020 said:

It was relatively good))). Things go very fast, so you have no time to get bored))).  However I personally loved ML's previous drama (also a short drama)

Hide contents

Killer Is Also Romantic 

more). 

Thanks Leo :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

@leo2020 Yang Ze is starrring in this webdrama 

Spoiler

夫君请自重 (Husband, please be respectful), 24 episodes on Tencent, started on Sept 30, 8 eps released so far, ending on 20 Oct. The drama tells the story of a female writer, Mu Xiao Xi, who travels into the novel she wrote. The main character (nobility), Qin Chuan, has led an unlucky life thus far, becoming an orphan at a young age and shunned by relatives, even to the extent that his marriage is forced upon him by his future domineering wife. Xiao Xi enters the body of that wife, and must complete a series of tasks for her to return to her own world.

Unexpectedly, because of her arrival, Qin Chuan, who has been miserable all his life, actually gains the ability to hear Mu Xiao Xi's thoughts. With the help of her thoughts, he is able to fortell the future and change his fortunes. The two also experience a fated entanglement that is hilarious.

Apparently Xuan Qing, the screenwriter from Please Don't Pamper Me which was a webdrama hit with 33 million views, joined hands with Li Zhong Teng, the scriptwriter for this drama, in writing this script. The little boy who appeared as the Deity of Story Books also features in this drama.

@MayanEcho if you want a quick watch, you can binge watch this after Oct 20. The ML should make this quite watchable, and a collab from the writer of the other drama I mentioned should mean it has a certain standard.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

I came upon this at the 1st page of the forum and maybe I will watch this.

I have nothing else to watch. I have been spoiled by the other recent dramas I watched.

Now I am not satisficed with the new ones that have aired.

I will try this short drama. Wish me luck!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 11:10 AM, SC2019 said:

ikr, I was searching for subs too but can't seem to find it. Hopefully some kindhearted soul will do it.

Finally it's being subbed, I watched a bit and it's very funny))). I've fallen in love with the leads instantly. The FL is soo nice and cute, and very natural, very rare nowadays))). I'll definitely check if she has any other dramas to watch). Again, thanks for the tip:hooray2:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...