[Drama 2022/2023] The Interest of Love/Understanding of Love, 사랑의 이해

larus

Yoo Yeon Seok, Moon Ga Young, Jung Ga Ram, And Geum Sae Rok Are On Different Rungs Of Social Ladder In “The Interest Of Love”

Yoo Yeon Seok, Moon Ga Young, Jung Ga Ram, And Geum Sae Rok Are On Different Rungs Of Social Ladder In “The Interest Of Love”

JTBC’s “The Interest of Love” has unveiled a new special poster of its four leads!

“The Interest of Love,” which premiered last week, is a realistic romance drama about four people with different interests who meet while working at the Yeongpo branch of KCU Bank. As they become entangled in one another’s lives, they eventually come to understand the true meaning of love.

After airing its first two episodes, “The Interest of Love” has released a brand-new poster that captures the differences in status between its four main characters. In the poster, none of the four characters stand at the same height, and they are all looking out in different directions.

Symbolizing her position at the top of the social ladder, Park Mi Kyung (Geum Sae Rok) stands near the top of the stairs. Facing her is Ha Sang Soo (Yoo Yeon Seok), who is climbing his way up.

Ahn Soo Young (Moon Ga Young), on the other hand, is on her way down—and as she descends, she runs into Jung Jong Hyun (Jung Ga Ram), who stands at the very bottom.

Meanwhile, the poster’s caption ominously hints at the significance of this hierarchy, reading, “[They] wanted love, but love wasn't the only thing [they] wanted.”

The-Interest-of-Love-4.jpg

To find out how these four very different bank

employees will change one another’s lives, tune in to the next episode of “The Interest of Love” on December 28 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

• Like 1

Wow I really like this show. I was kinda done with kdramas but this show brought me back. I started watching it because I was bored during Christmas and now, I’m addicted. I can’t wait for episode 4 tomorrow!

Also the ML is a good actor, probably the best kdrama actor I have seen. He’s so natural. I’m usually not impressed with the acting in kdramas but I actually really liked him. 

Edited by LMP

Here are the ratings for Episode 3! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“The Interest Of Love” And “Unlock My Boss” See Small Ups And Downs In Ratings

The ratings battle continues for Wednesday-Thursday dramas!

According to Nielsen Korea, the December 28 broadcast of JTBC’s “The Interest of Love” garnered an average nationwide rating of 2.2 percent. This is a 0.3 percent boost from the previous episode’s record of 1.9 percent.

“The Interest Of Love” And “Unlock My Boss” See Small Ups And Downs In Ratings | Soompi

• Like 1

This didn't grip me enough in its 1st ep. In fact I was asleep for most of it LoL. And ep. 02 was more a recap than anything. 

It only picks up in ep. 03. So Mr. Ha wasn't obsessed on Ms. Ahn as the drama led us to believe. Apparently he stood up their date for somethin' the drama won't reveal .. yet ugh LoL.

Ms. Park is obviously rich. Though she seem real cool and stuff Idk if that will change much later. Mr. Jeong is just a cute security guard working at the bank and.. well, not much else to add LoL.

Ms. Ahn's your usual diligent hardworking K-Drama fl LoL. But there's also somethin' 'bout her that I don't really find likable? Mr. Ha shows himself to be a kind and responsible person. There's the usual family troubles, the office politics with wayward misogyny etc.

• Like 1

I don't trust the niceness of second female lead as yet. People who wear too much smiles like her could also be fake. Female lead really needs to stop feeling shocked all the time and feeling inferior like when she spots 2nd fl's family photo at that rich house. I am very annoyed with her constant murderous and super angry, stunned expressions she gives when she notices someone is rich or she experiences something unexpected towards Mi Kyoung and male lead. 

Show is well made but it's tiring now that they are keeping useless suspence around what happens outside sashmi restaurant, given that she keeps teasing him again and again which annoys viewers. Like either don't discuss or just show what happened.

Male lead character is not very likeable, her workplace harassment is very disturbing and even more that she silently tolerates it.

Here are the ratings for Episode 4! :).

“The Interest Of Love” Ratings Rise As “Unlock My Boss” Reaches New Personal Best

“The Interest Of Love” Ratings Rise As “Unlock My Boss” Reaches New Personal Best

Both JTBC’s “The Interest of Love” and ENA’s “Unlock My Boss” saw slight increases in viewership last night!

On December 29, the new romance drama “The Interest of Love” climbed to an average nationwide rating of 2.5 percent for its fourth episode, marking a modest rise from the previous night.

“The Interest Of Love” Ratings Rise As “Unlock My Boss” Reaches New Personal Best | Soompi

• Like 1

Watch: Yoo Yeon Seok And Moon Ga Young Have Fun Filming Date Scene For “The Interest Of Love”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 30, 2022
by AliG

A new behind-the-scenes video for “The Interest of Love” is here!

“The Interest of Love,” which premiered last week, is a realistic romance drama about four people with different interests who meet while working at the Yeongpo branch of KCU Bank. As they become entangled in one another’s lives, they eventually come to understand the true meaning of love.

This particular behind-the-scenes video focuses solely on a date between Ha Sang Soo (Yoo Yeon Seok) and Ahn Soo Young (Moon Ga Young). The two both describe their “first date” to be a mix of exciting and awkward, but the two show great chemistry between shots, making each other laugh with silly jokes and other antics.

One particularly hilarious moment involves Yoo Yeon Seok practicing the scene where he was supposed to spill a little bit of popcorn into Moon Ga Young’s lap while they’re on their movie date, creating the perfect opportunity for some romantic tension. As he is practicing, the director comments, “But what are you going to do if you end up spilling a lot?” And as luck would have it, Yoo Yeon Seok ends up spilling quite a bit on accident, resulting in Moon Ga Young receiving a lapful of popcorn.

yoo-yeon-suk-moon-ga-young-1.jpg

Watch the full behind-the-scenes video below:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1560776wpp/watch-yoo-yeon-seok-and-moon-ga-young-have-fun-filming-date-scene-for-the-interest-of-love

• Like 2

This show really deserves high viewership, but it's fine even if people don't watch as it will still remain a great show. Female lead's constant silence towards harassment is grating. Felt extremely extremely bad for her overall state, she is in a bad situation and terribly discriminated against plus has a very low self esteem, honestly what her coworkers are doing to her is creating a very bad image of Korea, because at professional places it never happens, not so brazenly and at this scale. Like all three superiors are harasisng her and she's taking it silently because she wants a promotion but even there they tell her despite all her talents she can't be promoted as she is a mere teller. She is mistreated because she is from poor background, has no university degree, is a woman and has no connections, then so much harassement and touching, disrespecting privacy - all of these things combined for a single place are too much and don't reflect well on a society, kudos to writers and directors for laying bare these rotten parts, wish these shows could change things at actual workplaces.

Her anger towards male lead is justified, whatever happened to him in past was sad but now he is a grown RickRoll'D man in 30's, he doesn't leave behind his past. His indecisive and hestitating behaviors are very frustrating.

2nd female lead is a RickRoll'D who is bribing 1st female lead through her money and used items to make her a friend and steal the guy, kind of making her sacirifce her love because they both are now friends. It's also clear the Winner one project going to 2nd female lead has her hand behind it,she uses her connections with senior manager's wife who comes to office to order him to hand over the project to manipulative new asst manager, otherwise he had already told Su young to prepapre for season 2, additionally when he is telling her that the camera moves in a way that seems like someone is watching and hearing them which I believe is Mikyeong.

MK also knows they both have feelings for each other and senses tension between them but intentionally runs and hugs him infront of suyoung when she hears they won the contest where she had done minimal work. She is a manipulator who uses dad's money to buy expensive lunches for people to gain loyalties. Then in first episode when she arrives at bank, we do notice her turning her head around and staring at female lead for longggg time when she walks past her, it was because  probably she knew this girl could be a strong competition to win over sunbae.

Also why Suyoung is accepting used gifts from that manipulative RickRoll'D, she has no sense of self love, self esteem to not take those hand me down items. 

Su young is too good for a weak man like Sangsoo. He is no match for her. She really needs to not rush. She doesn't have feelings for security guard and sees him as brother, she should make it clear to him and continue being friends as he is a great person. They both can cheer for each other. For her dating, she shouldn't rush, and wait for right person but as it's a drama so we know that's not happening. 

It's very clear Mi kyeong will create more misunderstandings between two of them. I would want Su young to stay away from both of them and let 2 losers date each other.

Moon ga young's acting sometimes is good sometimes extremely lacking, but her looks are extremely on point and beautiful. Yoo yeon suk is looking very good but his acting is insanely good, like you couldn't ask for much better performance. Both Moon Ka Young and YYS should work on more of suchsjows with mature storylines, slice of life with romance, they both have talent for this genre.

Edited by Shimmery-summer

The Interest of Love: Episodes 3-4

by Dramaddictally

TIOL34_1.jpg

With three alliances, two confessions, and a whole lot of tension, this week starts to give us reasons for and against each pairing in our love square. Our leads may know their feelings, but it’s not enough. In order to get closer, they’ve got to do a better job of knowing who they are and what they’re really worth.

EPISODES 3-4 WEECAP

This week is all about establishing relationships. The drama is setting up the commonalities between Sang-soo and Mi-kyung, as well as those between Soo-young and Jong-hyun — both as counterpoints to the possible future relationship between our two leads. We also get a blossoming friendship between Soo-young and Mi-kyung, but the show is already giving them reasons to splinter.

To pick up where we left off, Sang-soo sees Jong-hyun hugging Soo-young outside her house. It turns out she tripped and he caught her. But everything isn’t all innocent because Jong-hyun was there to confess his feelings to Soo-young. It seems that while the show was playing all those tricks on us last week, it made us think that it was Sang-soo who had texted Soo-young to say he was outside her house with something to tell her — but it was really Jong-hyun.

This doesn’t change the fact that Sang-soo was also waiting around outside her house trying to call her. And I don’t know how I feel about two possible love interests with no boundaries.

Soo-young doesn’t seem to reciprocate Jong-hyun’s feelings, but the two start spending time together. Jong-hyun makes breakfast and brings it to work to share with Soo-young. He calls her to come hang out when he’s nearby. And they even run into each other at the grocery store and do their shopping together. In each of their meetings, little bits of information are divulged about both of their pasts.

They realize that they’re both from outside Seoul and come from poor families. Both worked hard to get to the city and obtain the jobs they have — and both want to keep working to move up further. One thing that distinguishes them is that Jong-hyun takes care of his parents, sending them his paycheck every month, while Soo-young is not on speaking terms with her parents.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/12/the-interest-of-love-episodes-3-4/

• Like 1

Yoo Yeon Seok And Jung Ga Ram Look At Moon Ga Young With Concern In “The Interest Of Love”

Yoo Yeon Seok And Jung Ga Ram Look At Moon Ga Young With Concern In “The Interest Of Love”

“The Interest of Love” has previewed the struggles of Yoo Yeon Seok’s and Moon Ga Young’s characters after a meaningful hug!

“The Interest of Love” is a realistic romance drama about four people with different interests who meet while working at the Yeongpo branch of KCU Bank. As they become entangled in one another’s lives, they eventually come to understand the true meaning of love.

Spoilers

Previously in “The Interest of Love,” the gap between Ha Sang Soo (Yoo Yeon Seok) and Ahn Soo Young’s (Moon Ga Young’s) understanding of love could not be narrowed. Ha Sang Soo did not want to lose Ahn Soo Young, but Ahn Soo Young needed confirmation that his heart is not hesitant. The cold war between the two, which broke out as Ahn Soo Young saw Ha Sang Soo hesitating for a bit before meeting her, seems to have no end in sight.

When Ahn Soo Young showed her sincere feelings for the first time, Ha Sang Soo couldn’t help but hug her. The unexpected hug that happened at the training institute late at night not only paralyzed the reasoning power of the two but also served as a catalyst that makes them react greatly to each other’s gaze and gestures. Anticipation is high for the result of Ha Sang Soo and Ahn Soo Young’s subtle emotional tug of war.

yoo-yeon-seok002.jpeg

moon-ga-young001.jpeg

Amidst all of this, the newly released stills capture Ahn Soo Young buried in all sorts of documents in the bank archives and Ha Sang Soo and Jung Jong Hyun (Jung Ga Ram) looking at her with concerned eyes as if they feel sorry for Ahn Soo Young who takes on difficult tasks without showing dissatisfaction.

Spoiler

stills001.jpeg

still002.jpeg

In another still, Ahn Soo Young returns to her seat after working late and finds an unexpected object placed on her desk. The surprise is a hot meal which appears to have been prepared by one of the two men. The unexpected gift that blows away her fatigue brings viewers excitement.

Spoiler

still003.jpeg

The next episode of “The Interest of Love” airs on January 4 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

Yoo Yeon Seok And Jung Ga Ram Look At Moon Ga Young With Concern In “The Interest Of Love” | Soompi

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 5! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“The Interest Of Love” Enjoys Steady Increase In Ratings As “Unlock My Boss” Sees Small Dip

Starring Yoo Yeon Seok and Moon Ga Young, JTBC’s office romance drama “The Interest of Love” has seen consistent boosts in ratings since the second episode!

According to Nielsen Korea, the January 4 broadcast of “The Interest of Love” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 2.777 percent. This is a slight increase from the previous episode’s rating of 2.5 percent.

“The Interest Of Love” Enjoys Steady Increase In Ratings As “Unlock My Boss” Sees Small Dip | Soompi

• Like 1

I'm definitely watching this drama. I had thought that it's a 4 episode series, but thankfully it's 16 episodes. My mind is still fixated on the 4 episodes :D, so my feelings towards this drama are very confused. I didn't see it as a drama, just as the usual filler series to bide time until the next drama, but here we are.

However, I'm absolutely enjoying it. It's right up my alley with the brooding looks and average-ness of the characters. Even if there will be the usual misunderstandings caused by the usual KDrama lack of communication and fear/inhibition by the characters, for the first time, I don't care! I want those problems! Infact, I welcome them!!:innocent:

I'm not sure how the writers will make it to 16 episodes though. I feel like 12 would be enough. However, there's enough happening with the characters all the time to keep it going, so maybe they'll pull it off. The end of episode 5 was explosive!!

What do I hope for? I want the FL and SML to date to a while. They need a break from the hard life and would be best to help each other rest...  I also want the SFL and ML to date for a while. I like the SFL... She's rich, but she's not been presented as a bish, just as overly enthusiastic for someone who cannot love her. However, I would be happy if they have a relationship for a while and she can get it out of her system. Then she can go marry the compatible chaebol she should be with, and life the rich life. Ultimately, I want our leads together after torturing themselves with their fear of rejection etc...

I'm also enjoying it because I worked in a bank in my past life. My work environment was waaaayyyyyy better than this one!!:tears:

• Like 1

Yoo Yeon Seok And Moon Ga Young Hold In Their Breaths At A Close Distance In “The Interest Of Love”

Yoo Yeon Seok And Moon Ga Young Hold In Their Breaths At A Close Distance In “The Interest Of Love”

“The Interest of Love” has gifted viewers with new stills featuring Yoo Yeon Seok and Moon Ga Young!

“The Interest of Love” is a realistic romance drama about four people with different interests who meet while working at the Yeongpo branch of KCU Bank. As they become entangled in one another’s lives, they eventually come to understand the true meaning of love.

In the newly released stills, Ha Sang Soo (Yoo Yeon Seok) and Ahn Soo Young (Moon Ga Young) are stuck in a dark room of the bank’s archives due to an employee’s mistake. Ha Sang Soo and Ahn Soo Young face each other closely as they lose their sense of direction due to the darkness. The close distance where they can feel each other’s breath and deep gazes cause explosive tension between the two.

the-interest-of-love03.jpeg

the-interest-of-love02.jpeg

Spoiler

the-interest-of-love04.jpeg

the-interest-of-love01.jpeg

The production team remarked, “Ha Sang Soo, who can’t stand the silence and tension in the room, throws a word of conversion which changes the air inside the archives all at once. Moreover, the relationship between the two will face another turning point through this incident.”

The next episode of “The Interest of Love” airs on January 5 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

Yoo Yeon Seok And Moon Ga Young Hold In Their Breaths At A Close Distance In “The Interest Of Love” | Soompi

• Like 1