Spotlight: Young Bright Stars of Tomorrow (Vote for your favourite Former K-drama child artists)

confusedheart

Favourite former K-drama child artist who has grown up to be successful   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite star who started as a child artist? (Choose as many as you like)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/14/2022 at 12:00 PM

4 minutes ago, jongski said:

Heo Jung Eun (14) She's now tween. I always say.. she should have won a Daesang/ best actress (not just best child actor award she won) for her character in Oh My Geumbi/ My Fair Lady in 2016. I also always say she's a future Daesang winner.

She was also in Ghost Detective. I found her really scary in the role :D

• Blob 3

4 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Does it have a ad ending, chingu? 

It has a The Devil/The Lucifer (Korean version with Ju Ji Hoon)/Maou (Japanese version with Ikuta Toma) kind of ending, if you know those dramas. If you're not afraid of major spoilers...

Spoiler

Both ML die at the end in a very symbolic way, fitting the narrative, but still pretty sad. 

• Blob 3

There are a few more child actors in that list that I like (but I didn't recognize their names and voted before I looked at the pictures following). But Nam Da Reum I think will always be my all-time favorite child actor. And his older roles are lovely, too. I'm looking forward to him coming back from military and hopefully taking on lead roles in full length dramas. At any age...just a pleasure to watch, his acting is so good and so heartfelt. 

• Blob 3

14 hours ago, maribella said:

I thought so too. Such a blatant 'cute' factor kept me giggling whenever he came on the screen.  I don't know why.

That was his name? The Man in Veil will always be a reference for many things for me. Killing off the kid was such a obvious attempt to squeeze tears from us. So many posted heartbroken messages, I dared not post my heartfelt thanks to the writer. I'm sure I would have been lynched. :joy:

bwahahahaha.... I hated the kid; I found him cutesy attempts annoying. so yea, cold hearted that I am, I was relieved that I wouldn't have to sit and watch this kid whine. but you know that dailly dramas have a huge kid kill count. so maybe we just expect the kid to die if it is revenge drama. :lol:

@confusedheart -- please see above! am not the only one that disliked this kid. :P

17 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Is this the Korean version of 'Big'? I loved that movie 'Big'. :wub:

kekeke.... absolutely nothing in common, nada, zilch. :lol: 

giant is one of a kind sweeping historical drama. unlike most historicals which are saeguks, this deals with modern history - 70-90s. it deals with a family of 3 siblings who get separated and then grow up during the turbulent times before korean economy was developed. so it makes nods to the politics as well as the economy at the time. I actually learned a bit of history as there were nods to real historical events. you get to see how seoul developed, how chaebols were formed to boost the economy. basically, you see business wars on a big scale and this is mixed in with revenge of one family (the siblings who get separated). there are broken hearts and romance but the main ribbon tying this drama together are the siblings. 

to get a feel for the drama (I can't find the trailer) -- take a listen to the BGM and you will be able to understand the mood of the drama. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

20 hours ago, maribella said:

I thought so too. Such a blatant 'cute' factor kept me giggling whenever he came on the screen.  I don't know why.

That was his name? The Man in Veil will always be a reference for many things for me. Killing off the kid was such a obvious attempt to squeeze tears from us. So many posted heartbroken messages, I dared not post my heartfelt thanks to the writer. I'm sure I would have been lynched. :joy:

Then he was turned into a girl in another show. Oh please. I have enough problems making sense of many of the daily shows; gender swapping and 30 year olds playing high school kids or freshmen are just mindboggling

Omo! How could they? He is such an adorable boy! I cried watching Hi Bye Mama. How could you chingus @Lmangla and @maribella:criesariver:

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

but you know that dailly dramas have a huge kid kill count. so maybe we just expect the kid to die if it is revenge drama. :lol:

What? Why? Omo! Why kill their characters? 

I am going to look for the drama. 

11 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I voted for Jin Ji Hee and PSH.  Now I realize I don't know who Jin Ji Hee is :joy:  I got mixed up with the actor with a similar name

I do it all the time. I always Google them when in doubt. :D

12 hours ago, maribella said:

@confusedheart  why isn't the other Kim So Hyun in the list? She's been an FL a few times. 

Must have missed her name. She is incredible too!:wub:

12 hours ago, frozentundra said:

But Nam Da Reum I think will always be my all-time favorite child actor. And his older roles are lovely, too.

He is really talented and has great potential. I didn't know he was away.

18 hours ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:
Spoiler

Both ML die at the end in a very symbolic way, fitting the narrative, but still pretty sad. 

:bawling:

19 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

She was also in Ghost Detective. I found her really scary in the role :D

Oh now I remember her! Yup, aw her in Ghost Detective.   Just one word for her - 'Wow'. 

20 hours ago, jongski said:

Thanks chingus @confusedheart. Luvs this poll anf thread  " Young Bright Stars of Tomorrow" I like when I watch a good drama/movie  then I see child actor who gives good acting.

Thank you chingu. I always wanted to do an event on these bright young stars. These children need to be celebrated for their amazing talent. 

The stills gave me goosebumps. I watched her Ghost Detective. She was brilliant in her portrayal of her character.  

21 hours ago, agenth said:

Other kids The Sound of Magic features:

We saw what you did there , chingu! 

@partyon What should we do?:wut:

21 hours ago, partyon said:

EDIT: I really wanted to post the abs of Mr. Kimbap abs here, but since this is a kids' spotlight event thought it might be too much. :grimace:

I can't control my twin @Ameera Ali though :joy:

:emmm: Glad you restrained yourself on this PG 13 event.:tounge_wink:  @Ameera Ali  did you notice that cute munchkin in the drama 'Young Lady and Gentleman'? Or were you busy ogling the handsome 'dad'?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

download-1.jpg

hai everyone. :D Jung Hyeon Jun is known as one of the young child artist who has worked in the Academy Award-winning film Parasite during his career for the entertainment industry. :D he filled to the brim with incredible talent and a charm that attracts audiences. starting off with the actor who probably is the most recognisable, he was born in 2011 and is majorly known for the role of Da Song for Bong Joon Ho director 'Parasite'. this multi-talented boy appears in 3 dramas I've watched (Sisyphus, Beyond Evil and The King: Eternal Monarch). hope he grows to be a fine actor. I can see him being the next most popular actor. :D

Spoiler

200.gif

source

https://www.instagram.com/hyeonjun_mama/

• Love 2
  • Blob 1

On 5/10/2022 at 9:47 AM, confusedheart said:

He is really talented and has great potential. I didn't know he was away.

Nam Da Reum's mom manages his IG account, she is really missing him a LOT. Poor mama! He decided to get his military service out of the way early, so after only a year of college, he took off. He's still got a while left, though. But I like the idea because as his career grows, he won't have anything interrupting it later. 

He's still popping up in projects filmed prior to leaving, though. A cameo in the last episode of The Sound of Magic as a recent example.

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

18 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Oh Ah Rin (The Last Empress)

She was such a doll. :heart4:

18 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Tagging someone who used to like so much the oppa below and the one who tagged me for this event. :lol: @partyon @confusedheart

Btw, chingu, I am not sure how the one who used to like the oppa would react to seeing him again. Moreover, it is a drama that shall not be discussed in front of her as she tends to get rather 'violent'. :smashes:  

On 5/11/2022 at 10:13 PM, frozentundra said:

A cameo in the last episode of The Sound of Magic as a recent example.

I have only seen him in Pinocchio and absolutely loved him. He was so cute. :wub:

Because I love the song , drama, and of course the MV especially the parts that feature the young characters. This remains one of my all time favourite MVs thanks to NDR. 

Wise decision to get enlisted so that he can focus on his career later without interruption. 

Spoiler

Also, tagging someone who never misses an opportunity to promote and talk about her oppa - @agenth But I guess she has eyes only for her JCW oppa. 

On 5/11/2022 at 7:38 PM, twinkle_little_star said:

Jung Hyeon Jun

He is indeed very talented and at such a young age too. Korean entertainment industry has no dearth of young talent. Their future is bright thanks to theses young artists. I have only seen him in Beyond Evil and of course, Parasite. 

• LOL 2

23 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Tagging someone who used to like so much the oppa below and the one who tagged me for this event. :lol: @partyon @confusedheart

how dare you GIF

How dare you? :scream:

All my scars are resurfacing again. :crybaby:

Both regarding my ex-oppa and that drama that shall not be named. :onfirex:

• LOL 2

17 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Btw, chingu, I am not sure how the one who used to like the oppa would react to seeing him again. Moreover, it is a drama that shall not be discussed in front of her as she tends to get rather 'violent'. 

But she's the only Korean child actress I know. :P

12 hours ago, partyon said:

How dare you? :scream:

All my scars are resurfacing again. 

Both regarding my ex-oppa and that drama that shall not be named. 

I dare cos I know nobody else other than the little cutie. :lol: 

• LOL 2

Thank you chingus for showing you love and appreciation to the bright stars of tomorrow. :fullofhearts:This was an event very close to my heart. This was one of the first events I suggested after becoming an EO.  We discovered some bright young stars and will surely be cheering for them. :cheers:

Thank you everyone who voted in the poll. :heartxoxo:  

Thank You Kpop Dorama GIFs | Tenor

Everyone seems to be excited about Nam Da Reum's (18 votes) return from his enlistment so that he can dazzle us again with his acting talent. :Pandabulous:

Park Shin Hye with 16 votes is another favourite among the audience. She is definitely a very talented young actress who has impressed us by portraying a variety of characters. She is always exploring and challenging herself by doing myriad roles.  :biubiu:

Kim Yoo Jung and Yeo Jin Goo with 15 votes each have started getting lead roles and we seriously can't keep calm. We have watched them grow and hone their skill for years and it gives us immense joy to see them getting their due. :issohappy:

#hwaiting our young bright stars of tomorrow and the young dazzling stars of today...:hwaiting2:

@MayanEcho   @frozentundra @twinkle_little_star @Lmangla @CarolynH @nohamahamoud2002 @maribella @Idylla Kaizoku @jongski @gm4queen  @lebeaucouple @YongZura⁷ @sadthe1st @SC2019 @willenette

If you have any suggestion for an event or a poll , please do write to the EO Team. It is always a delight to organize an event which brings the whole community together. :hooray:

Look forward to another exciting event soon ....:letsgo:

Re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team :coolshades:

@confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1