[Drama 2024] 7 Escape: War for Survival - 7인의 탈출 - Uhm Ki Joon, Hwang Jung Eum, Lee Joon, Lee Yoo Bi - season 2

Maetawinz

8 hours ago, larus said:

on. Or maybe as Cheon Seo Jin, her character from Penthouse? When do the events in this series take place

I didn’t catch the year. There is too much blood and gore so my FFW button moves. I am guessing it’s the present, but the girl’s  killing/disappearance happened five years ago. 

If it is a la Taxi, she could be one of the many guests who was presumably killed or a relative. 

In Ep 6, many dead bodies had disappeared when the police started their investigations. Much of what had happened, that is the dead bodies, in the earlier episodes were from the perspectives of the drug induced minds of the seven survivors. So we may get many cameos.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, maribella said:

I didn’t catch the year. There is too much blood and gore so my FFW button moves. I am guessing it’s the present, but the girl’s  killing/disappearance happened five years ago. 

I saw a short video here and I was like....what the hell I`ve just watched? :joy: It looks more crazy then Penthouse.

I always want to see So Yeon on screen so I hope for a few lines. I am curious about her cameo. We`ll see.

• Like 3

@maribella @rocher22 @agnescz Is the makjang really bad in this drama? Am still struggling to decide whether I should check it out.

Am too scared the writer will pull another The Last Empress stunt. :crybaby:

@Lmangla sweetie can vouch for how traumatized I was from that drama.

I have to say the Lee Joon is looking very good in this drama. @kokodus Why aren't you watching this?

41 minutes ago, partyon said:

Is the makjang really bad in this drama? Am still struggling to decide whether I should check it out.

It is my first makjang, I can't say how it is compared to other makjang dramas, but I was screaming I hate the writer after several episodes already. I cope by concetrating on Joon being really hadsome and great as his character and removing myself from the story itself :D Not sure it helps you in any way :)

• LOL 1

39 minutes ago, partyon said:

@maribella @rocher22 @agnescz Is the makjang really bad in this drama? Am still struggling to decide whether I should check it out.

I watch because of Lee Joon.  All other scenes are funny...:rolleyes:

I guess Dohyuk has a plan to get closer to Mone.

But, I like the little interaction between them.  :sweatingbullets:

9ac8c4e045e2956a076d9e13befaaeb529f26d30

https://blaq-o.tumblr.com/

1:37....Dohyuk as Mone's bodyguard...:D

• Blob 1

38 minutes ago, agnescz said:

It is my first makjang, I can't say how it is compared to other makjang dramas, but I was screaming I hate the writer after several episodes already.

37 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I watch because of Lee Joon.  All other scenes are funny...:rolleyes:

This sounds like a typical makjang drama then :loolz:

I am watching the first episode right now. 23 minutes in and we have already had a:

1) birth secret

2) scheming daughter-in-law & mother-in-law trying to get their hands on the chairman's money

3) an attempted "murder" - a total insider job

I started laughing at about the 20 minute mark. :joy:

@Lmangla @liyahsbutterfly @joccu This sounds like a drama right up your alley. :joy:

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I guess Dohyuk has a plan to get closer to Mone.

But, I like the little interaction between them.  :sweatingbullets:

He did help her several times,

Spoiler

might be he wants to get close to her, might be he wanted to keep her alive to get a proper punishment later on. Or maybe just because he is a good guy deep down.

42d39122a011a7ed6df8b1bafcc0c3d39be6ef66

They do make a cute couple

Spoiler

aa6e1086d26c4c1f7ca8c899418459542f9fcf57

d4194a3da6717faaf80c0508e6b90072e482ebf7

98f930301bab7d63959eefcfffa46bd313a90651

• Like 1

Watch: “Running Man” Reveals Sneak Peek Of “The Escape Of The Seven” Special Ft. Lee Joon, Uhm Ki Joon, And Yoon Jong Hoon

Watch: “Running Man” Reveals Sneak Peek Of “The Escape Of The Seven” Special Ft. Lee Joon, Uhm Ki Joon, And Yoon Jong Hoon

The stars of SBS’s new drama “The Escape of the Seven” are coming to “Running Man”!

On October 8, “Running Man” aired a fun sneak peek of next week’s episode, which will feature “The Escape of the Seven” stars Uhm Ki Joon, Lee Joon, and Yoon Jong Hoon as guests.

In keeping with the theme of “The Escape of the Seven,” the premise of the upcoming episode is that the “Running Man” cast and guests have been imprisoned for various unknown crimes—and not all of them will be able to escape.

The preview begins with the “Running Man” members welcoming their three guests, after which Ji Suk Jin makes a hilarious faux pas. As the episode was filmed weeks in advance, Uhm Ki Joon’s character had not yet appeared in “The Escape of the Seven” at the time of filming—but in an attempt to praise his villainous acting, Ji Suk Jin exclaims, “I cursed Uhm Ki Joon’s character a lot while watching!” To make things worse, unlike in his hit series “The Penthouse” (which was created by the same director-writer team), Uhm Ki Joon doesn’t play a villain in “The Escape of the Seven.”

When Uhm Ki Joon points out with a laugh that he hasn’t appeared in the drama yet, everyone cracks up as Kim Jong Kook jokes, “[Ji Suk Jin] can see the future.”

Soon afterwards, the 10 stars find themselves trapped in a gated prison surrounded by fire. The men use force in their attempts to escape the room—but once they get outside, they find that the car waiting for them can only hold six passengers.

Things quickly get heated as the stars rush to become the ones to “escape,” with Yoo Jae Suk and Kim Jong Kook getting into a passionate argument during a debate.

Finally, the 10 stars must figure out what their respective crimes are in order to escape. Ji Suk Jin declares that his crime is insulting others, and Uhm Ki Joon jokes, “Are you sure it isn’t fraud?” Meanwhile, Yoon Jong Hoon laughs, “I have no idea what my crime is, but at any rate, I’m sorry.”

The “Escape of the Seven”-themed episode of “Running Man” will air on October 15 at 6:15 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the new preview below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1618496wpp/watch-running-man-reveals-sneak-peek-of-the-escape-of-the-seven-special-ft-lee-joon-uhm-ki-joon-and-yoon-jong-hoon

21 hours ago, partyon said:

This sounds like a typical makjang drama then

Did you see the 80 something man falling/ being pushed off a foot bridge about 30-40 feet high? He survived and then was imprisoned and lasted 5 years, until today. That is so over the top. I am sure @LeftCoastOppa will claim it was the IV.

I wonder where DM is. Or is she disguised as a flower pot and had been there all the time?:hwaiting2:

The father or Matthew Lee had a face mask a la Mission Impossible as the boatman, I am thinking any new character could be a ‘dead’ person resurrected.

• LOL 3

4 hours ago, maribella said:

That is so over the top. I am sure @LeftCoastOppa will claim it was the IV.

Some things are so obvious they needn't be mentioned B)

While I'm not currently watching this drama, it makes no difference - the Kdrama IV transcends all genres. 

From brain tumors to broken bones, cancer to blindness, yes even long falls by the elderly ... they may have fallen but they will get up ... with a Kdrama IV

Recover Feel Good GIF by Wellnessbyre

Accept no substitute :glasses:

• LOL 3
  • Blob 1

Rating wise, this one will have to contend with My Dearest (Part 2) from this Friday onwards, which will surely hit its ratings for the next 5 weeks (10 remaining episodes for MBC's currently highest rated drama serial for 2023).

And the competition on Saturday is insane:

Strong Girl Nam Soon (JTBC - premiered last weekend to promising ratings)

Arthdal Chronicles Season 2, to be replaced by Castaway Diva at the end of the month (TVN - Park Eun Bin's return to TV screen after winning the Daesang at the Baeksang Awards 2023)

Perfect Marriage Revenge (MBN, also premiering at the end of the month, from the title and synopsis its already sounds interesting for yet another makjang drama. MBN's previous drama at this Sat & Sun timeslot was about 2.5 years ago Bossam - Steal the Fate and it notched some decent ratings) 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 6:25 AM, LeftCoastOppa said:

Some things are so obvious they needn't be mentioned B)

While I'm not currently watching this drama, it makes no difference - the Kdrama IV transcends all genres. 

From brain tumors to broken bones, cancer to blindness, yes even long falls by the elderly ... they may have fallen but they will get up ... with a Kdrama IV

Recover Feel Good GIF by Wellnessbyre

Accept no substitute :glasses:

I think you should watch this drama. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

Lee Yoo Bi Is Shocked To See Jung Da Eun At An Audition In “The Escape Of The Seven”

Lee Yoo Bi Is Shocked To See Jung Da Eun At An Audition In “The Escape Of The Seven”

SBS’s “The Escape of the Seven” has shared brand-new stills from its next episode!

Starring Uhm Ki JoonHwang Jung EumLee JoonLee Yoo BiShin Eun KyungYoon Jong HoonJo Yoon Hee, and Jo Jae Yoon, “The Escape of the Seven” follows the story of seven characters involved in the disappearance of a young girl, who was tangled in a complicated web of lies and ambition. “The Escape of the Seven” is the third joint project by scriptwriter Kim Soon Ok and director Joo Dong Min who previously worked together on “The Last Empress” and the hit “The Penthouse” series.

Spoilers

In the previous episode of the drama, Matthew Lee (Uhm Ki Joon)’s bloody retribution against the seven villains began. The seven wicked people played a bloody death game designed by Matthew Lee on an abandoned island, and they once again sacrificed others in order to save themselves. While the bizarre events on the island were covered up, the last seven survivors were left in a state of fear and confusion. Also, Han Mo Ne’s shocking confession that she killed Bang Da Mi (Jung Ra El) has viewers anticipating the next episode and wondering what kind of crisis will befall her.

The newly released stills from the upcoming episode depict Han Mo Ne in crisis after the tragic incident at her fan event becomes the center of everyone’s attention.

The anxious look in her eyes suggests that she is deeply shaken by the crisis that has befallen her, while Geum Ra Hee (Hwang Jung Eum), the head of her agency, gazes at her with a cold expression.

escape-of-the-seven-2.jpg

In another photo, Han Mo Ne is captured at a funeral with a desperate look on her face, as if she is pleading for something. Between the look on Han Mo Ne’s face and the fact that someone behind her seems to be pointing at her, viewers can’t help but wonder what else might have happened.

escape-of-the-seven-3.jpg

Finally, Han Mo Ne is seen with a shocked expression at an audition as Song Ji Ah (Jung Da Eun), her friend from high school, unexpectedly takes the stage.

escape-of-the-seven-1.jpg

Spoiler

escape-of-the-seven.jpg

The production team of “The Escape of the Seven” commented, “Han Mo Ne’s evil instincts will kick in again. She’ll make some interesting choices to get out of her predicament.” They added, “Please tune in to see how she fights back against the ‘Bang Da Mi curse’ and Matthew Lee’s punishment.”

The next episode of “The Escape of the Seven” airs on October 13 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1619343wpp/lee-yoo-bi-is-shocked-to-see-jung-da-eun-at-an-audition-in-the-escape-of-the-seven

• Blob 1

“The Escape Of The Seven” To Undergo Change In Director For Season 2

“The Escape Of The Seven” To Undergo Change In Director For Season 2

The Escape of the Seven” director Joo Dong Min will not be returning for Season 2.

On October 13, SBS confirmed reports that Joo Dong Min, who previously worked with “The Escape of the Seven” writer Kim Soon Ok on “The Last Empress” and the hit “The Penthouse” series, would leave the drama ahead of its upcoming second season.

A representative of the network stated, “Director Oh Joon Hyuk, who co-directed Season 1, will be helming Season 2.” They added, “The decision was made in accordance with internal discussions.”

After Season 1 of “The Escape of the Seven” wraps up later this year, the drama is scheduled to return with Season 2 in the first half of 2024.

“The Escape of the Seven” currently airs on Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1619437wpp/the-escape-of-the-seven-to-undergo-change-in-director-for-season-2

• Like 1