[Drama 2022] Today's Webtoon, 오늘의 웹툰

gm4queen

Just finished watching episode 15 and it was the cutest of all episodes so far. Finally, the black and white Shin Dae Ryuk used colors in his webtoon. It was amazing! Such a perfect rendition of his character progress! I just felt butterflies!

And Seok Ji Hyung been promoted from Deputy Editor to a Co-CEO. So happy for him! Loving every scene of him with On Ma Eum! They are too cute together! :wub:

Finally, the greatest breakdown of Heo Gwan-Young is here! Feeling so worried for senior artist Baek Eo Jin.. :( Will he able to make it up?? I am so looking forward for the last episode tonight! Fighting, everyone!!!! GONNA MISS THIS DRAMA SO MUCH!!! :please:

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 15! :).

Meanwhile, SBS’s “Today’s Webtoon”—which airs in the same time slot as “Big Mouth”—rose slightly to an average nationwide rating of 2.4 percent for its own penultimate episode.

“Blind” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings As “Big Mouth” Heads Into Finale On New All-Time High | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Final episode tonight, I'm going to miss following and catching up this drama on a weekly basis (For the last few years, I'm usually the type that wait for all episodes to be available before watching.) 

The drama may have some low ratings but did unveil some good quotes and life lessons. I wish they have gone in more depth on the webtoon artists and editors' roles as that was how they've promoted as the main theme. Several editing issues that I was slightly concerned of as well, some scenes changed too quick, or funny angle shooting. The one that throw me off most is editing of the "funny" tension. Both episode 6 and 15 have quite a tense openings due to the climax of the end of episode 5 and 14. But because they were at the end of the previous episodes, as an audience, I felt quite disconnected when watching episode 6 and 15 of the beginning where I had to that try to bring my emotion back to where the previous episode is left from. Nevertheless both episode 6 and 15 episodes were great episodes, and I think cast and crew have been working really really hard on the filming to ensure they air as per schedule. Still want to say a big thank you to the team :)

Finale tonight :crybaby:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• gm4queen changed the title to [Drama 2022] Today's Webtoon, 오늘의 웹툰

Don't think I've watched a k-drama where it took the entire drama for a character to confess his/ her feelings LoL! 

This drama was one of the rare times also that confused me on who Ma Eum should pick - PD Seok or Jun Young LoL? 

And WoW webartist Shin's glow-up. What a transformation. I love how gracious Ma Eum is in sharing the webartist Seul Ah with PD Kwon.. 

Not forgetting how pretty and charming webartist Pomme is as well. If things don't work out for Jun Young with Ma Eum, Pomme would be a better choice. A nice slice-of-life drama although it had its dull moments. Se Jeong remind me of Eun Ji a lot. Both are idols turn actresses. Both also have this boyish side to their personalities also.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Finally, a beautiful journey comes to en end. This is one drama that I enjoyed so much in weekends! Love how they wrapped up everyone's background stories at the end. Shin Dae Ryuk's got the most credit for his character development! Everything seems to be in right place! Neon Webtoon team WINS!!!! Gonna miss them so much! :heart:

Glad that they were able to finish the drama as they scheduled amidst the pandemic. Thank you so much to all the cast and crew and every single person who involved producing the drama in advance!! Will cherish the slice-of-life Today's Webtoon for years to come! :lol::heart:

The ending scene! Love you, guys! See you soon with other projects... :heart4:

Fc5-7IGakAARCo_?format=jpg&name=large

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Sejeong, Nam Yoon Su, Choi Daniel, And Park Ho San Share Closing Comments Following The Conclusion Of “Today’s Webtoon”

Sep 20, 2022

by S. Cho

SBS’s heartwarming drama “Today’s Webtoon” has come to a close and its main cast members have shared their goodbyes!

The Korean remake of the popular 2016 Japanese series “Sleepeeer Hit!,” “Today’s Webtoon” is set against the backdrop of South Korea’s competitive webtoon industry. Kim Sejeong stars as On Ma Eum, a former judo athlete who joins a webtoon editorial department as a new employee and struggles to mature into a true editor. On September 17, the drama aired its finale to a slight ratings rise.

Following the drama’s conclusion, Kim Sejeong, Choi Daniel, Nam Yoon Su, and Park Ho San shared their closing comments!

Kim Sejeong remarked, “This was a set where I was able to gain important lessons in a good place during an important period in my life. Compared to when I was acting alone, the times we spent thinking and filling scenes together were enjoyable and happy, and I learned a lot.”

She also left a message to those with dreams, saying, “This was a good project that reminded you again of the aspects you had forgotten about with regards to your dream. I hope the many people with dreams only hurt a little in this process and are not knocked over by the incoming waves and weather. As they row on, I will support them so they can one day look back and say this was a cool trip. This was truly an impressive and fun journey.”

Kim-Sejeong-1.jpeg

Choi Daniel portrayed the unicorn-like senior Seok Ji Hyung, who gave viewers more butterflies than your average romance drama. He shared, “I thought a lot about portraying the character of Seok Ji Hyung, who does not step up to the forefront, but silently encompasses both his seniors and juniors at the same time. I tried to showcase his image of supporting everyone well, while holding the core in neither an excessive or weak way.”

He continued, “I had so much fun filming with a new story, director, and new co-stars and I experienced a lot. I will always support everyone who was with me. I hope you will always be happy.” To fans, he shared, “Thank you to the viewers who have loved ‘Today’s Webtoon’ and Seok Ji Hyung up until now. I will greet you again with good promotions and a good project.”

Choi-Daniel-1.jpeg

Nam Yoon Su transformed into Goo Joon Young, who also went through a dynamic journey of growth with On Ma Eum. He commented, “Personally, it feels like I grew firmly along with Joon Young through this project, so I’m really glad. Through ‘Today’s Webtoon,’ I wanted to give warm sympathy to those living within this cartoon-like world. In my heart, I will always cheer on and support all the people turning each page of their individual webtoons every day.”

Park Ho San played editor Jang Man Chul and commented, “‘Today’s Webtoon’ is an incredibly precious project to me that I’m grateful for. All of filming was a continuation of happy days and I really looked forward to each day that I headed to set. I am so happy to have gained such great colleagues thanks to this project. I sincerely thank the viewers who have loved Jang Man Chul of ‘Today’s Webtoon.'”

Spoiler

Nam-Yoon-Su-2.jpeg

Spoiler

Park-Ho-San.jpg

Finally, the producers of “Today’s Webtoon” shared, “We hope this remains as a project that people who have dreams, have achieved their dreams, and have given up on their dreams due to the hurdle of reality, can relate to and comfort each other through. Life is long. Just like ‘Today’s Webtoon’ where a new story begins each day within an infinite number of possibilities, we support everyone creating their individual story each day. Also, we sincerely thank viewers for being with ‘Today’s Webtoon’ until now.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1545874wpp/kim-sejeong-nam-yoon-su-choi-daniel-and-park-ho-san-share-closing-comments-following-the-conclusion-of-todays-webtoon

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Kim Sejeong, Nam Yoon Su, And Choi Daniel Reflect On “Today’s Webtoon” And Say Goodbye To Viewers

Sep 24, 2022

by S. Cho

The main cast of “Today’s Webtoon” have shared their final farewells in the drama’s last making video!

The Korean remake of the popular 2016 Japanese series “Sleepeeer Hit!,” “Today’s Webtoon” is set against the backdrop of South Korea’s competitive webtoon industry. Kim Sejeong stars as On Ma Eum, a former judo athlete who joins a webtoon editorial department as a new employee and struggles to mature into a true editor. On September 17, the drama aired its finale to a slight ratings rise.

The video starts at the Neon webtoon office for their final scenes. Choi Daniel sweetly comments to Kim Sejeong, “Ma Eum is pretty on the last day [of filming] too,” but she points to the camera to signal that she knows why he’s complimenting her. Park Ho San jokes, “I saw this all throughout this project!” and in response, Choi Daniel gives him a compliment too.

After the final take, the cast is all smiles as they cheer for each other and pull out props for group photos. Kim Sejeong excitedly shares, “While living Ma Eum’s really eventful life, I met many great people and I met so many great people on this set too so I was able to conclude happily as both Sejeong and Ma Eum. I think this drama was a set where I was able to learn a lot. I was so, so, so, so happy, and so, so, so, so, thankful.”

Choi Daniel continues, “We did the final filming of ‘Today’s Webtoon’ today and we’ve wrapped up a long journey. I have learned a lot, felt a lot, and have both difficult and enjoyable memories from filming. Now that it’s done, I feel sad yet refreshed. No matter where or when, I will always support our director and my fellow actors including Sejeong and Yoon Su. Eventually, as we continue, I believe the day will come where we meet again.”

Nam Yoon Su remarks, “I can’t believe that today is the final filming and I keep feeling like I will have to film again tomorrow. As so many people related to, loved, and gave lots of attention to [the drama], I am so thankful. I hope ‘Today’s Webtoon’ will always remain in your memories.”

Choi Daniel and Nam Yoon Su thank viewers for watching while Kim Sejeong shares, “This is something I said at our press conference too but I do not believe that there’s a single dream that deserves to be pointed at [in discrimination]. Until the day when every dream can be supported, I will support everyone who is working hard and I will also work even harder in the future. Let’s meet again in another great project.”

Catch the final making clip here!

https://youtu.be/lLzVh0bTdPc

https://www.soompi.com/article/1546586wpp/watch-kim-sejeong-nam-yoon-su-and-choi-daniel-reflect-on-todays-webtoon-and-say-goodbye-to-viewers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nam Yoon Su Describes Similarities And Differences With His “Today’s Webtoon” Character, Genre He Wants To Try, And More

Nam Yoon Su has looked back on “Today’s Webtoon” and shared his determination to greet viewers soon with a new character!

The Korean remake of the popular 2016 Japanese series “Sleepeeer Hit!,” “Today’s Webtoon” is set against the backdrop of South Korea’s competitive webtoon industry. Kim Sejeong stars as On Ma Eum, a former judo athlete who joins a webtoon editorial department as a new employee and struggles to mature into a true editor. On September 17, the drama aired its finale to a slight ratings rise.

Nam Yoon Su starred in the drama as Goo Joon Young, who joins the webtoon editorial department alongside On Ma Eum. Although the elite new employee has always been a top student with good looks and a way with his words, he experiences a hurdle when he’s assigned a job in the neglected editorial department of Neon Webtoon.

In an interview with Maeil Kyungje, Nam Yoon Su shared, “I feel like tomorrow, I’ll have to put on my backpack and go to work to Neon Webtoon’s editorial department. As diligently as I filmed, it’s a project that really lingers, so on the other hand, I feel both refreshed and sad. Just like Neon Webtoon’s editorial department did for Goo Joon Young in the story, this drama helped me grow a lot, so I’ll remember it for a long time.”

“Today’s Webtoon” was Nam Yoon Su’s first office drama, of which he shared, “At first, I was unfamiliar with the terms used in a webtoon editorial department so I studied by looking up the meaning and etymology of these words. Since this is an office healing drama, there are a lot of characters and a lot of scenes where they come out together in one space. That’s why I tried my best to not make mistakes or cause inconveniences to my fellow actors and seniors.”

Nam-Yoon-Su-1-768x995.jpeg

Although Goo Joon Young enters this new job with zero interest in webtoons, he experiences sudden growth as he works closely with the passionate On Ma Eum. Regarding Goo Joon Young’s change of heart, Nam Yoon Su explained, “At first, I think the change started from the fact that On Ma Eum was similar to his biological older sister, who was his only family and the person he could rely on. Afterwards, after continuously experiencing the editorial department team’s positive and progressive attitudes, I figure that his negative feelings became positive.”

Throughout Goo Joon Young’s journey of growth, he encounters numerous helpful and inspirational characters, including On Ma Eum and their boss. On who played that mentor role in his own life, Nam Yoon Su chose his agency CEO. He elaborated, “From my debut as a model in my teens, to my promotions as an actor now in my twenties, my CEO has been there for all my life’s big turning points. Even now, he is thankfully still quietly leading me.”

When asked about his synchronization level to Goo Joon Young, Nam Yoon Su answered, “About 50 percent. His shyness and his ability to cheer along with everyone when the team atmosphere goes up is very similar to me.”

He continued, “Something different is that when he develops feelings for On Ma Eum, Goo Joon Young shows a passive attitude. If that were me, I would’ve sufficiently expressed myself so that the opposite person could recognize my interest.”

Nam-Yoon-Su-2-695x900.jpeg

Before diving into a new project, Nam Yoon Su is currently taking time to rest. He commented, “I’m the type to always enjoy trying out new characters so I want to try out an action project, which I haven’t done before. It would feel new to do action [scenes] while acting.”

Nam Yoon Su concluded, “‘Today’s Webtoon’ was always an enjoyable set. Not just with the editorial department, but the chemistry was great in scenes with the writers [in the drama] too, so we filmed enjoyably while discussing improvisations and the project. Thank you to the viewers who watched with affection until the end. In my heart, I will always support those who are turning a page in their own ‘Today’s Webtoon’ each day.”

Nam Yoon Su Describes Similarities And Differences With His “Today’s Webtoon” Character, Genre He Wants To Try, And More | Soompi

• Like 2

The drama is already a winner. :lol:

- Park Ho san of Today's Webtoon won "Best Supporting Actor" award at Korea Drama Awards 2022. He played the role of Jang Man Chul in the drama!

Fei18YjUcAAt1o9?format=jpg&name=large

- Kim Do Hoon of Today's Webtoon won "Best New Actor" award at Korea Drama Awards 2022. He played the role of Shin De Lyug in the drama!

FeiVZKuaAAEg2J6?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

SBS Drama Awards 2022 Nominees - Actors

Choi Daniel was a nominee for "Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries Romance/Comedy Drama" at SBS Drama Awards 2022 for his performance in Today's Webtoon! 

FlXNSmSaMAAaO1k?format=jpg&name=large

He didn't win last night but congratulations for the nominee! :heart:

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Soompi Forum Awards: Poll #3 - The Most Memorable Characters, The Worst Drama Endings, The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' (TSTL) Characters of 2022.

kdr7sTk.gif

Dear Chingus, Vote for the Most Memorable Characters, The Worst Drama Endings, The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' (TSTL) Characters of 2022!

re: Your  friendly, neighbourhood EO Team: 

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl