Power Couples

agenth

Power Couple  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your favourite couples? (choose as many as you want)

• Rain & Kim Tae Hee 
    • Hyun Bin & Son Ye Jin 
    • Lee Byung Hun & Lee Min Jung 
    • Taeyang & Min Hyo Rin 
    • Lee Bo Young & Ji Sung
    • Jo Jung Suk & Gummy
    • Joo Sang Wook & Cha Ye Ryun
    • Haha & Byul
    • Ryu Soo Young & Park Ha Sun
    • Kim So Yeon & Lee Sang Woo
    • Kim Woo Bin & Shin Min Ah
    • None of the above / someone else. Who ? Please suggest.
    • Lee Sun Kyun & Jeon Hye Jin
    • Ki Tae Young & Eugene
    • Kwon Sang Woo & Son Tae young
    • Park Shin Hye & Choi Tae Joon

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/09/2022 at 06:02 PM

POWER COUPLES

this is true love GIF

Did your kdrama romance disappoint you? Is real life perhaps even better than drama? What about the real life examples of relationships. Find out more about Korean powerhouses. Who is your favourite, and why?

Which wedding was a dream come true, who wore it best?

Angry Impractical Jokers GIF by truTV

Rain & Kim Tae Hee 

Spoiler

rain-1-8337-1609137927-16155191163832464

kim-tae-hee-and-bi-rain-releases-new-wed

Rain has said that he was rejected five times by his now wife - they met during a CF shoot and then she stood by him during his military service. Luckily, he succeeded to woo her and the two married in 2017 (dating since 2013). Besides their acting career (and his music) they are known - also as real estate couple. They each own several buildings in Gangnam, and also villas, among others. Now they are rumoured to live with their two daughters in Itaewon - perhaps you can bump into them in your next Seoul visit? 

Hyun Bin & Son Ye Jin 

Spoiler

hyun-bin-son-ye-jin.jpeg

hyun-bin-son-ye-jin-1.jpeg

The couple re-met through their popular drama "Crash Landing on You" - they both starred in Secret Garden, albeit people say they didn't meet on set there, and then met on some events and even on another set previous to CLOY. Both of them are industry veterans. Hyun Bin comes from a well-to-do family, is the first Korean global ambassador for Omega and owns buildings. Son Ye Jin too owns several properties, and even will make a Hollywood Debut in 2022 with The Cross. Fans all over the world rejoiced when they confirmed their dating on 1 January 2021, and then made Crash Landing Into Love reality by marrying each other this March 2022!

Lee Byung Hun & Lee Min Jung 

Spoiler

lee-byung-hun-and-lee-min-jung.jpg

Lee Byung Hun is one of the internationally known Korean stars thanks to his films. His 30-year old career also gives him much fame and popularity in Korea, and now he has his own management company (BH Entertainment), which also manages stars like Han Hyo Joo and Jin Goo. Santa Lee is also married since 2013 to beloved actress Lee Min Jung, known best for Once Again and Cunning Single Lady. They first started dating in 2006 and 2012 and have a son. 

Taeyang & Min Hyo Rin 

Spoiler
Spoiler

soompi.jpg

taeyang-official-youtube-min-hyorin-0927

Taeyang in two words: Big Bang. This star also has his solo career and owns several properties and even shares in YG Entertainment. He met Min Hyo Rin, the actress, in 2013 and they got married in 2018 before Taeyang enlisted in military service. They met as Min Hyo Rin starred as guest in one of Taeyang's music videos, prompted by G-Dragon. Taeyang even dedicated his song "Eyes, Nose, Lips" to her. 

Lee Bo Young & Ji Sung

Spoiler

468eb595c97cbbca069441ae3b6104f0.jpg

fc4f6f845269c196e8e0ff82ee95a3cc.jpg

Lee-Bo-Young-Ji-Sung-1.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Bo Young decided not to date another celebrity (bad experiences anyone?), but Ji Sung still wanted to date her, and was ready to chuck his career for her. So they say.  They then dated for 7 years before they married and now have a son and a daughter. And the romance apparently is still strong as they send each other coffee trucks to support their projects!

Jo Jung Suk & Gummy

Spoiler

DudtdA0UcAEKRFy.jpg

c974ac7a6b2b40ac89b9683a4f3cd149.jpeg?s=

They met through a friend and share a love of music, which drew them together! The two of them bicker even about who fell for the other first. Who knows, when even they cannot decide? But does it matter, when they married after 5 years? 

Joo Sang Wook & Cha Ye Ryun

They met while filming "Glamourous Temptation" and... were tempted to date... and marry within a year of dating! Seems quick, but it was not as Joo Sang Wook originally had no intention of marrying (her or anybody) - which is why she wanted to break up. After three days of silence, though, he changed his mind as he found his love for her. It seems marriage has not changed their habits, as she shared they call each other 20-30 times per day! The frugal man spares no expense for his wife, though, as he likes to lavish her with gifts. 

Spoiler

70da5d7d230fafd20b4cd8bd8d33a35c.jpg

183067_600.jpg

Haha & Byul

Spoiler

00028617.jpg

Apparently these two had a 6 month relationship before they secretly got married! Knowing each other for over a decade, but then embarking on a new relationship, it was quite a different tune to Haha's variety personality as Mr Lover who would flirt with all the female guests! Byul has shared that she saw past Haha's on screen "childish" persona, that in real he is quite responsible - and it seems her words are true as they have a family now. 

Ryu Soo Young & Park Ha Sun

Spoiler

BJf_hci8f4iBSJ_DQsNva9OQ_dLf8wb50sLt0Bqr

The two actors met on set of "Two Weeks", her initial impression of him apparently wasn't good - as he got drunk on the first staff after-horus dinner and then decided to speak in English, apparently she didn't understand him then and who can blame her? They still bicker and argue a lot, though she shares she stopped doing so when her child said "That's not right" and she realised how childish it sounds. Despite all the arguments, they are still going strong!

Kim So Yeon & Lee Sang Woo

Spoiler

201591593_1280.jpg

These two met during a shoot for a CF, he was quite impressed that she took less time changing clothes than him. He saw a scratch on her hand and asked her what happened, it was that she changed quickly as she didn't want to make others wait for her. Hearing this side of her, he was first interested in her and after dating for 7 months, the two were married. She says that marrying him was a turning point of her life, as even the way she prepares for a role has changed due to her husband. 

Kim Woo Bin & Shin Min Ah

Spoiler

7d103b0c-7667-43f9-b8b0-9e3b5c405a81_44a

These two have not married (yet?), but they have shown what “for better or for worse, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish” looks like. In 2017 he was diagnosed with nasopharyngeal cancer in 2017, and had to take a break from his career. Now he slowly returns, and even will star in a drama beside his girlfriend, who stayed by his side all this time since 2015 and even took a career break of two years to support her boyfriend. 

Who wore it best? Whose smile could light cities? Who makes your shipping heart go faster? 

Please remember to not disparage anyone, we are only sharing love feelings here ~ 

shipping i will go down with this ship GIF

You didn't find your favourites? Don't worry... 

Suggest them and they can be included. Please do so before voting (as you will not be able to vote twice). 

Your Friendly and neighborhood EOs,

@partyon, @agenth, @confusedheart, @Sleepy Owl

Spoiler

@pompyavi @Drama Bowl @singlebilingual  @SilverDawn  @larus @sadthe1st  @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu  @twinkle_little_star @BlackLotus1025 @Thong Thin @kokodus  @Ameera Ali  

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma @Skyline    @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @louie_999 @Lunita @RollyPenny @flashyymalditah @LovelyBirdAndYoo  @ELFlamingo @Rogue85  @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar 

@dolorisbrady  @willenette @rocher22  @africandramalover  @k8telyn @lucia704 @The.Lannister @Chibi8535  @wze2702 @rubyminho @ElectricHearts @BinJinBest   @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo @Smileforu   @rita96  @Miadee @pretty_JULY @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy  @hahanzyy   @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @cafe99   @kittyna  @Edgar Pordwed@samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @widala @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson  @JJS's Fan-atics @leeminhosny @morningdew @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj  @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @Minbongyi   @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@UnniSarah @booha   @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella  @pauliza  @princessaves   @valinor500    @anyeze 

@hola2jin   @xoxogkxoxo @debbsthebee @MrEildriz  @airgelaal @NoonaCaana @lebeaucouple  @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @Ms.sunshine 

@pad-hari   @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye @BINGO_O   @Firefly @CA C @widala  @JumboQueen  @SophieH  @lexicon   @Areumdaun @extrodinairey   @erfatm @pixie0622

@asiaren   @Alila N  @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby   @belena    @SexyDolceVita @Polka Dot @goshhh @brooksmom @LeftCoastOppa   

@frozentundra  @Gretule  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru @itsmeash @RobinM @rocat   @morganian  @lovehuche   @shadowhawk  @Rumaizah Muhammed   @Hannahmiriam  @Tamakins  @musicalflow.    

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve    @Emily Bett   @Lmangla

@Prettysavage @andy78 @Glam @shinkeru @TheQueenReturns @lilian c @admonike @Maliah @Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr @-JC-   @aimeeyoung  @D27Gjk68    @Sunset @youactlikeicare  @Kdramabae  @youngae @prince1401 @wildcherry @jongkkot @orion00  @Madu Mita  @chickfactor @DrBooger @tiMadam @Andrea Balcazar  @hsmz  @Sky Kang @anjuliet 

@bee_wannabe  @tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321 @Arkahd @SidTheGuy @the_sweetroad @L A @Chesleigh @hyall  @j9sshi  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho  @AjummaF4 @sgclear    @angela0612  @Kate Llama  @hahanzyy  @juryia

@kimlees    @lduc  @lollipop2018  @czakhareina  @anyeze  @jadore1 @haruhi17  @ssteph  @lila21  @Vivin Camelia    @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo   @Manngo 

@TheaN @wywp  @balletgoddess  @kRoNix  @Lusiana  @vajandi  @Zay❤️   @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

@-Love Blossom-  @2d1n_fan  @0ly40  @AkiChan  @ammu82  @an-naum  @Annykey  @anzomi  @aprilfive  @Asimina Rodousaki @Azi N  @Banshee Dragon  @Blizzardistkaputt  @bunnycotton143  @Burger Bun  @Carolina Baracaldo  @Che Latifah  @cherry47  @Chin Yan  @ChyuuNyuu  @Claire99  @cpjing8  @Defoto  @DontEatMyKimchi  @DreamCatcher2011

@Ela Dee  @Eleve_ag  @Fata Morgana  @Fummagirl  @greezlybee  @Haeun  @Hum4ir4  @Idylla Kaizoku  @illay  @iqna  @irilight  @jewellangela  @juni asat  @Kari Sama  @Kathy  @knkg  @Leeboyoung0112  @leo2020  @libra22  @littleinvisiblenao

@Man-O-Man  @Melo Spear  @mizv  @momosik  @Najwa Fauzay  @Noha Mohamed  @Nermeen نرمين  @Pink_Bubbles4U  @pnaysurfer84  @pocca  @Priyanka Shinde  @Rabbit_Small  @roli  @rrongrrong  @Sleepy Head  @starveri  @sugarcream @Table122000  @u8017  @vintage  @whome  @Zehra Dogan 

@Bleu Winter  @Jessie29 @Legslo  @Newbie21SG @Helena @caterpillar59  

Tagging: 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 7

I think we all know who will run away with this poll :tounge_xd:

Rain and Kim Tae hee were my first favorite favorite couple. Excited when the news broke they were dating and even more ecstatic when they got married..

BUT

BinJin was born LOL. To be honest i have never been so invested in celebrity relationship proir to discovering them. Like many I fell in love with their chemistry through CLOY. I watched all their interviews, The Negotiations, and read every single articles LOL. When the news broke that they are confirmed dating, I literally hid in our closet and let out a silent screm :tounge_wink: Then the wedding announcement came...I somehow woke up early in the morning and saw SYJ post and was in stalking mode the whole day lol. With their recent wedding, well let me just say, I'm still tracking/stalking forums, Twitter, IG rewatching everything that's been shared LOL. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 8
  • Blob 2

As much as possible, I'm not into shipping public figure couples (real or otherwise), though I can admire a lot their chemistry or how perfect they look together. Learnt it too well from the late Princess Diana and Prince Charles. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

I ticked those couples in shows or interviews that I have watched. I have never ever felt they should or shouldn't get together.  There are quite a few kdrama marriages with the bride pregnant. I hasten to deny knowing if any in the list was a short-gun marriage.

I find it strange in this day and age of good contraceptives. And announcing it with the wedding? Eek. Isn't anything private?
I know, very outdated thinking, can't help it.

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 4

like @itsmeash and @MayanEcho, I am not into shipping real life couples. I guess because I don't really know them or how they interact. I might ship drama characters and OTPs but actors are separate from their job. learned this while watching "we got married" variety show -- sometimes they are just actors playing themselves and so the chemistry can be fake as well. but sometimes, there are tinges of reality and it turns out to be something more long lasting (like CLOY couple)...  so yea, who knows what goes on behind the screens! :)

• Like 9
  • Blob 4

Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston were the first celebrity couple to really capture my attention (I loved them so much :bawling:) and I have to say there's something fun about rooting for our fave celebs to find love.

Glad you highlighted Lee Sang Woo! I've liked him ever since I saw him in Lovestruck in the City, and then in a bigger role in Uncle.

Another lovely celeb couple in Korea would be Lee Sun Kyun and Jeon Hye Jin. :wub:

th?id=OIP.xvpc0H8JEqYPGy6RKg2rqgHaFj%26p

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

I also don’t ship people in real life, but it’s nice to see some marriages working out after many years. Just makes me hopeful for the good in the world :) 

@the_sweetroad I remember them and then the big Wooya about brangelina haha. Quite the shock.

@maribella I suppose korean society is still old fashioned in that sense, a lot of societal pressure. 

@grrly it’s very nice to see celebrations! I loved her dress! 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

I am not really into shipping, be it in dramas or in RL with the artists who acted together as OTP or couples in dramas.

But I got to say that once in a while when I read about Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young, I do feel good about them. I believe they have been together for several years now having dated for a long time before deciding to marry.

I have read several articles about them visiting each other on sets while either of them is busy in filming their drama/movies and it is always good to see them do that :piggydance:

At the same time, I like Shin Min Ah and Kim Woo Bin as well, since they have been through a lot given Kim Woo Bin's illness :fullofhearts:

@the_sweetroad Chingu, I have added "Lee Sun Kyun and Jeon Hye Jin" as an option in the poll, thank you for the suggestion :biubiu:

@wildcherry Chingu, thank you for your suggestions, I am adding them to the poll as well :heart4:

• Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Blob 1

*** These are my favorite powerhouse couples  :  :cheers:

Rain & Kim Tae Hee – I admire their love story. They have been together for nearly 10 years. Their love story actually originated from a pair of socks. This was during they filmed an advertisement on 2012. RAIN said that normally, if he wants to change socks, he just ask the staff, then the staff will change the socks for him. But in the case of Kim Tae Hee, she changed them herself without bothering the staff. At that time, he thought: ‘She is that person.’ Kim Tae Hee and Rain had a small & secret wedding. They only revealed the location of their wedding the day it was happening. They also sent out wedding invitations only 3 days in advance. The couple informed the public of their wedding only 2 days before the date. They  tied the knot at the Gahoe-dong Cathedral in Seoul. The venue was guarded by private security guards.

Hyun Bin & Son Ye Jin - It was on New Year’s Day on Jan. 1, 2021 when Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin publicly announced that they were a couple. Their wedding is indeed a dream come true for “Crash Landing on You” fans. SYJ changed her gown and hairstyle during the reception. She reportedly wore two gowns at her wedding, and one of them includes a light brown lace dress. She wore a dainty flower crown to complete the look. Hyun-bin wore suits by Tom Ford.

The wedding invitation featured the logo 'H & Y'. They kept their invitation classy as the white envelope was labeled with their initials “H & Y” and was kept secure with a gold wax seal. And....her furbaby Kitty was present, too! 

Lee Byung Hun & Lee Min Jung - Lee Min Jung shared that she decided to marry LBH because she  thought she won't ever find another love like this one. Lee Min Jung wore a different dress for the press conference preceding the wedding, parts one and two of the wedding, and the official ceremony, totaling three dresses. For the official ceremony she wore a beautiful Marchesa. Theirs was a star-studded wedding. And there was a media interview prior the wedding. The couple paid for the entire wedding without taking any endorsement deals.

Spoiler

Taeyang & Min Hyo Rin - The couple met when Taeyang was looking for a female costar to feature in the music video for his hit single, 1AM. G Dragon suggested Min Hyo-rin for the role and he admitted that he had actually been thinking she was a perfect fit since he saw her in the movie Sunny. Taeyang and Min Hyo-rin finally decided to marry after having been in a relationship for about five years. Many popular artists from the YG family attended the intimate ceremony. Their wedding was held at Seoul Joongang Church in Anyang. While the wedding reception was held at Paradise City Hotel in Incheon. Min Hyo Rin was wearing a wedding dress from the Oscar de la Renta Bridal Fall 2018 collection. Like Hyunbin, Taeyang also looked stunning by wearing Tom Ford’s black suit. All the Bigbang members attended the wedding, so did all their mothers.

Lee Bo Young & Ji Sung - This couple met while filming Save the Last Dance for Me. After finishing the drama, Ji Sung confessed to Lee Bo-young, and they became lovers. She revealed that she rejected Ji Sung’s confession at first because she didn’t want to date a celebrity. Before he confessed his feelings to her, he revealed his feelings to her manager. Lee Bo Young said that he made her speechless when he said that he would quit his acting to win her heart. Like Hyunbin & Son Ye Jin, Ji Sung and Lee Bo-Young got married at Aston House in W Seoul Walkerhill Hotel. They finally got married after being in a loving relationship for about 7 years. Ji Sung proposed to Lee Bo-young in Spain, and they took pre-wedding photos there.

Jo Jung Suk & Gummy - Jo Jung Suk and Gummy’s love for music brought them closer together.

Kim Woo Bin & Shin Min Ah – Their relationship only need one thing : wedding! I admire Shin Min Ah  when her career looked to take a back seat when she agreed to join Kim Woo Bin in his struggle against cancer. Holding hands to ride out the storm, until they’re still going strong. Hopefully, the couple will be able to have a perfect wedding soon.

Ki Tae Young & Eugene - Her love for muscular men was true. She admires Ki Tae Young’s impressive physique.

Kwon Sang Woo & Son Tae young - Due to her beauty and fame, she had some rumors regarding various dating scandals. They began dating, and this was really unexpected. After a few months together, surprisingly, they announced their plan to get married. They were married at Shila Hotel, South Korea.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 4

On 4/6/2022 at 4:01 AM, gm4queen said:

I am so late for the party!

I guess we are more on the quiet support train than the party train :D

Meme Thumbs Up GIF by JustViral

Are you guys ready for the weekend?

This poll will still run a day or some hours :D if you have not voted, now is your opportunity. If you have voted, just clap yourself on your back and have fun! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

Mine is not in the list?!

We are all usually attached to the actors/actresses we see in our first dramas.

On that note, it has to be Park Shin Hye and Choi Tae-Joon. She is my age and I saw her first in You're beautiful in around 2010. Sometimes it feels like we've grown up together lol.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

17 minutes ago, Sunset said:

Mine is not in the list?!

We are all usually attached to the actors/actresses we see in our first dramas.

On that note, it has to be Park Shin Hye and Choi Tae-Joon. She is my age and I saw her first in You're beautiful in around 2010. Sometimes it feels like we've grown up together lol.

OMG

i knew i was forgetting someone...

Park_Shin-hye_Choi_Tae-joon_164286144682

her dress is really gorgeous...

so sorry to have forgetten to include this gorgeous couple. they are in the poll now!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1