[Drama 2022] A Thousand Won Lawyer,천원짜리 변호사

larus

I am loving this drama.  Namkoong Min as always, never disappoints.  I do hope there will be at least some hints of romance between him and the female lead.  At least she should have a huge crush on him! LOL. Who wouldn't?  It has way overdue for NKM to star in a romance drama, I hope that will be the next one!  

Also, congratulations to his upcoming wedding!!

Kim Ji Eun Determinedly Tries To Solve Her Impossible Task From Namgoong Min As They Team Up To Punish Evil In “One Dollar Lawyer”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 30, 2022
by S. Cho

Namgoong Min and Kim Ji Eun are ready to step up and enforce punishment in “One Dollar Lawyer”!

SBS’s “One Dollar Lawyer” stars Namgoong Min as Cheon Ji Hoon, a lawyer who only charges an attorney’s fee of 1,000 won (approximately $0.72) despite his renowned skills. A hero who comes to the rescue of clients without money or connections, Cheon Ji Hoon isn’t afraid of facing off against the rich and powerful who use expensive lawyers to escape the law.

Kim Ji Eun stars as Baek Ma Ri, who hails from a “royal family” among judicial circles and is in the final stages of training to become a prosecutor. However, her life turns upside down when her powerful grandfather Baek Hyun Moo (Lee Deok Hwa) orders her to work for Cheon Ji Hoon for two months.

In the previous episode of “One Dollar Lawyer,” Baek Ma Ri showed up at Cheon Ji Hoon’s office to start her role as his intern. While Cheon Ji Hoon was in the middle of firmly turning her away, he received a new client request. A security guard who had been habitually abused by apartment residents had gotten embroiled in a dispute over damage to a tenant’s car.

In order to hide the original scratches on the car, Cheon Ji Hoon decided just to destroy the car entirely and instead gave this ticking bomb of a project to Baek Ma Ri, saying, “If you solve this, I’ll make you my intern.” How will Baek Ma Ri go about resolving this seemingly impossible situation?

The stills for Episode 3 capture Cheon Ji Hoon and Baek Ma Ri, with her new task, moving swiftly as they set off to punish Cheon Young Bae (Kim Hyung Muk), the rude tenant who has been habitually abusive. Cheon Ji Hoon also meets up for a one-on-one chat with Cheon Young Bae, and while he fumes with anger, the lawyer looks comfortable and carefree with his hands in his pockets. The next episode will focus on why Cheon Ji Hoon has personally set off to the scene after entrusting Baek Ma Ri with this case and how the pair will be able to solve this situation!

Namgoong-Min-1.jpeg

Spoiler

Kim-Ji-Eun-2-1.jpeg

Namgoong-Min-3.jpeg

In Baek Ma Ri’s photos, she’s shown working tirelessly all night to find evidence. Although it’s late, Baek Ma Ri is glued in front of the computer and her eyes glimmer with the passion and determination of a newcomer. In front of Cheon Ji Hoon, Baek Ma Ri makes sure to stand tall and not show even a hint of hesitation. Stay tuned to see whether Baek Ma Ri’s skills will be recognized by lawyer Cheon and what type of evidence the confident Baek Ma Ri will come up with!

Spoiler

Kim-Ji-Eun-1-1.jpeg

Kim-Ji-Eun-Namgoong-Min.jpeg

Namgoong-Min-2.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1547568wpp/kim-ji-eun-determinedly-tries-to-solve-her-impossible-task-from-namgoong-min-as-they-team-up-to-punish-evil-in-one-dollar-lawyer

• Like 2

Congrats to Nam Goong Min on his impending nuptials. I knew he would as I recall watching him talk of his fiancee fondly in was it "Happy Together?". He sounded as if he were in cloud nine. 

Ma Ri continues to struggle to work under Ji Hun ha-ha. They make a good team though. Her gramps is just such a down to earth guy LoL in comparison to other older wealthy men. 

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for episode 3! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“One Dollar Lawyer” Ratings Break Into Double Digits After Just 1 Week

Just one week into its run, viewership ratings for SBS’s new drama “One Dollar Lawyer” have already soared into the double digits!

On September 30, the new drama starring Namgoong Min and Kim Ji Eun achieved its highest ratings yet for its third episode. According to Nielsen Korea, “One Dollar Lawyer” scored an average nationwide rating of 12.9 percent, breaking into the double digits for a new all-time high.

Not only did the new show take first place in its time slot across all channels, but “One Dollar Lawyer” was also the most-watched drama of the entire week among viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned an average rating of 4.4 percent.

“One Dollar Lawyer” Ratings Break Into Double Digits After Just 1 Week | Soompi

• Like 1

I love NGM. He is fabulous. Love how he can be both funny and intense at the same time. No one does goofy like he does. Reminds me of Beautiful Gong Shim. 

Anyway, I was bracing myself for a love triangle but that's been nipped in the bud seeing there is no love lost between Seo Min-hyuk and  Baek Ma-ri. Seo Min-hyuk is a jerk as already established in ep 2. :D

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for episode 4! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Little Women” Achieves Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet + “One Dollar Lawyer” Hits New All-Time High Among Younger Viewers

Meanwhile, SBS’s “One Dollar Lawyer” similarly took first place in its own time slot with an average nationwide rating of 12.0 percent for its fourth episode. The new drama starring Namgoong Min was also the most-watched program of the entire day among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it reached a new all-time high of 4.6 percent.

“Little Women” Achieves Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet + “One Dollar Lawyer” Hits New All-Time High Among Younger Viewers | Soompi

• Like 1

I think the t scandal wasn’t for nothing. And the film is plagiarised. However, I've seeb it, and I was satisfied with it. The set and actors are really good, and the atmosphere is thrilling. However, creating something of your own is always better than transforming someone's idea. First, it is obvious that and other people don’t like these films, which means they’re never going to be successful.
Moreover, they often get charged, and producers may even have huge problems and pay large compensations. That works not only for this industry but also for many others. You can find more information about the law here https://www.oxnerpermarlaw.com/what-are-my-chances-of-winning-an-appeal/

Edited by KenyDekey

On 10/1/2022 at 9:40 AM, confusedheart said:

I love NGM. He is fabulous. Love how he can be both funny and intense at the same time. No one does goofy like he does. Reminds me of Beautiful Gong Shim. 

Anyway, I was bracing myself for a love triangle but that's been nipped in the bud seeing there is no love lost between Seo Min-hyuk and  Baek Ma-ri. Seo Min-hyuk is a jerk as already established in ep 2. :D

Yes, NGM is really the best! He is a complete package who can act in any role and bring out the best in his co-stars!  

I am still rooting for a love triangles or some kind of romance between Cheon Ji Hoon and Baek Ma-ri!  It has been way too long for NGM not to have a romance role! I feel like they are teasing us with all these very close encounters between the 2 LOL

by lo_ve, October 7, 2022

Lee Je Hoon is showing his loyalty to Namkoong Min once again.

On October 7th, SBS announced that Lee Je Hoon will be making a special appearance in the ongoing Friday-Saturday drama "One Dollar Lawyer." He will play the role of "Top Star Lee Je Hoon" in the upcoming episode that will air on October 8th. 

"One Dollar Lawyer" is about a genius and successful lawyer who only asks for 1,000 KRW (about US$1) for his services. He fights against expensive lawyers that cater to rich clients that go against the law. 

SBS released still cuts of Lee Je Hoon's impending appearance. He was seen at a festival's red carpet event in a neat and luxurious suit. He was standing on a photo wall and giving poses for the media.

This is the second time that Lee Je Hoon will make a special appearance in Namkoong Min's work. Back in 2019, the actor also made a special cameo in the drama "Hot Stove League" led by Namkoong Min. Despite Lee Je Hoon's busy schedule, he still decided to make a cameo and show his loyalty to Namkoong Min. 

The ongoing series is the latest work of director Kim Jae Hyun and writers Choi Soo Jin and Choi Chang Hwan.

"One Dollar Lawyer" began airing in September 233 and only after two weeks of broadcasting, the ratings are already great and they are currently the no.1 drama in the current mini-series and OTT integrated content rankings.

The fifth episode will air later at 10 PM KST. Meanwhile, the sixth episode that will feature Lee Je Hoon will premiere on Saturday, 10 PM KST. The series is both available on SBS and OTT platform Disney+.

jKXLB_2f.jpg

Lee Je Hoon is set to return to the new season of "Taxi Driver 2" which will premiere in 2023. It will also air on SBS and he will work once again with Kim Eui Sung, Pyo Ye Jin, Jang Hyuk Jin, and Bae Yoo Ram.

The top actor is also set to star in the upcoming film "Escape" with Koo Kyo Hwan and Hong Xa Bin.

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-je-hoon-to-make-a-special-appearance-in-namkoong-min-s-drama

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for episode 5! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Namgoong Min’s “One Dollar Lawyer” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet

SBS’s “One Dollar Lawyer” shows no signs of slowing down!

On October 7, the new drama starring Namgoong Min and Kim Ji Eun hit a new all-time high in viewership. According to Nielsen Korea, “One Dollar Lawyer” scored an average nationwide rating of 14.9 percent for its fifth episode, marking a new personal record for the series.

Namgoong Min’s “One Dollar Lawyer” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet | Soompi

• Like 1

Ep. 6: Rant: It's fine if the drama wants to show a star-crossed love story between opposing lawyers in a high-profile case, where Lee Chung-Ah got to bear severe consequences because of machinations of Baek grandpa and/or CJH's father (if at all).

BUT puhlease, spare me the sob story of a VERY expensive hot shot defense lawyer aka Lee Chung-Ah who has worked very hard to get to Baek Law Firm and has worked cases of other high-flying conglomerates, but is shown (pretending) to be an idealistic doe-eyed beauty who just wants 'justice for all' and sincerely wants the prosecutor to win the case over her! Give me a break on her miss-good act, hypocrisy meter! I don't believe her for a second! 

What is she doing working for Baek Law Firm if her 'blood boils reading CEO's charge sheet'???? That's like having her (rich) cake and eating (a humble justice pie) too. I don't like her one bit. I also don't trust her. 

Confusion: Why did she go in the men's bathroom btw? I didn't get that. Was it some kind of power play or did she want to check CJH out or unnerve him? I also don't understand her proposing a date to CJH during a trial, like coming on to him as opposing counsel, which is unethical (and she/he knows it). 

Also, I don't think Min Hyeok could sit in on the trial as prosecutor since his father was part of the counsel representing the defendant (direct conflict of interest). 

Prediction: CJH's father became a scapegoat in the trial against corrupt CEO and is dead. CJH was visiting his grave. Baek Ma-Ri will ultimately side with CJH against her own grandpa Baek and bring on his downfall. 

Verdict: Still a cool, fun, watchable, drama. Plus good BGM and soundtrack.  

• Thanks 1

“One Dollar Lawyer” Begins To Unveil Namgoong Min’s Long-Awaited Backstory

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 14, 2022
by M. Lim

“One Dollar Lawyer” has given viewers a glimpse of the dramatic and emotional past of Namgoong Min’s character!

SBS’s “One Dollar Lawyer” stars Namgoong Min as Cheon Ji Hoon, a lawyer who only charges an attorney’s fee of 1,000 won (approximately $0.70) despite his renowned skills. A hero who comes to the rescue of clients without money or connections, Cheon Ji Hoon isn’t afraid of facing off against the rich and powerful who use expensive lawyers to escape the law.

In “One Dollar Lawyer,” Namgoong Min is reunited with his “Awaken” co-star Lee Chung Ah. Lee Chung Ah stars as Lee Joo Young, an ace lawyer at Baek Law Firm who is filled with a sense of justice. She sides with the weak and believes that those who do wrong must pay for their crimes under the law.

Spoilers

In the sixth episode of “One Dollar Lawyer,” the backstory of Cheon Ji Hoon’s days as a public prosecutor finally unfolded for the first time. In particular, the episode showed Cheon Ji Hoon’s first encounter with Lee Joo Young who was the lawyer in charge of Choi Ki Tae (Yoon Na Moo), the corrupt CEO of JQ Group. Despite being the opponent’s lawyer, Lee Joo Young struck up a conversation with Cheon Ji Hoon and showed her kindness, and the two even bet on buying a drink over the outcome of the trial, giving viewers a peak of their possible romantic relationship.

In the upcoming stills for episode 7, viewers are brought back to Cheon Ji Hoon’s past from five years ago when he was still a public prosecutor. Unlike his current signature lighter-colored outfits, past Cheon Ji Hoon wears a black suit and has straight hair. The stills show a melancholic atmosphere with Cheon Ji Hoon under a black umbrella against the dark backdrop of the night, talking to someone on the phone.

Namgoong-Min-1.jpg

Spoiler

Namgoong-Min-2.jpg

As if he was told shocking news, the next stills show Cheon Ji Hoon standing blankly with his phone still on, looking distressed and stunned, now without the umbrella to protect him from the heavy rain. After a while, Cheon Ji Hoon falls down weakly on the rain-soaked asphalt, shedding tears with his head down. The pictures raised questions as to who he was talking to over the phone and what kind of past story eventually made Cheon Ji Hoon the “one dollar lawyer” viewers know now.

Viewers can expect to see Namgoong Min’s emotional performance in episodes 7 and 8, where all the past history of prosecutor Cheon Ji Hoon will be unveiled. The production team of “One Dollar Lawyer” commented, “As the ups and downs of Cheon Ji Hoon’s past are released, [the upcoming episodes] will be a fluctuating whirlwind of emotions. Even the staff held their breath while watching Namgoong Min’s emotional performance on set. Please give the upcoming episodes that will reveal [Cheon Ji Hoon’s] past a lot of love as they will showcase the true worth of Namgoong Min as a great actor.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1549688wpp/one-dollar-lawyer-begins-to-unveil-namgoong-mins-long-awaited-backstory

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

One Dollar Lawyer is a must watch!

Namkoong Min's acting skill is taking the great script to the next level!  Regular praises are not nearly enough for the layers of emotions he exhibited in Cheon Ji Hoon.  Yes, I was holding my breath most of the time watching episode 7! Can't wait to watch episode 8 and the rest of the drama (actually don't want it to end!)

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for episode 7! :)

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“The Golden Spoon” Earns Its Highest Friday Ratings Yet; “One Dollar Lawyer” Is Most-Watched Show Of The Week Among Young Viewers

Meanwhile, SBS’s “One Dollar Lawyer” was the most-watched program to air on any channel on Friday, climbing to an average nationwide rating of 14.5 percent for the night. The drama was also the most-watched show of the entire week among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 5.3 percent.

“The Golden Spoon” Earns Its Highest Friday Ratings Yet; “One Dollar Lawyer” Is Most-Watched Show Of The Week Among Young Viewers | Soompi

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Namgoong Min Can’t Hide His Heart-Eyes For Lee Chung Ah In “One Dollar Lawyer”

Get ready for romance to blossom between Namgoong Min and Lee Chung Ah in SBS’s “One Dollar Lawyer”!

“One Dollar Lawyer” stars Namgoong Min as Cheon Ji Hoon, a lawyer who only charges an attorney’s fee of 1,000 won (approximately $0.72) despite his renowned skills. A hero who comes to the rescue of clients without money or connections, Cheon Ji Hoon isn’t afraid of facing off against the rich and powerful who use expensive lawyers to escape the law.

Spoilers

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Cheon Ji Hoon and Lee Joo Young (played by Lee Chung Ah) share a romantic moment alone together. As Lee Joo Young gets excited over the fish she sees inside a large aquarium, a visibly fond Cheon Ji Hoon is unable to take his eyes off her.

However, as sweet as the moment is, there is something heartbreaking about the knowledge that this happiness is all in the past.

One-Dollar-Lawyer.jpg

To find out what lies in store for this star-crossed couple, tune in to the next episode of “One Dollar Lawyer” on October 15 at 10 p.m. KST.

Namgoong Min Can’t Hide His Heart-Eyes For Lee Chung Ah In “One Dollar Lawyer” | Soompi

• Unamused 1