[Drama 2022] A Thousand Won Lawyer,천원짜리 변호사

larus

On 4/26/2022 at 11:23 AM, gm4queen said:

Namgoong Min is rocking on the filming set!

He doesn`t look like playing a poor lawyer. I suspected that he is a rich guy because no one can survive just with 1000 won from lawyer fees. :)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, larus said:

I suspected that he is a rich guy because no one can survive just with 1000 won from lawyer fees. :)

Living with relatives, borrowing clothes, relaying in people kindness for his help (food, small gifts or tokens of gratitude), owning a place or living in an abandoned one (or in the car - there was American movie with a lawyer like that, don't remember the title, though), using the false name to create a new identity... 

I've watched enough stories to know there is a way to live like that if you're a single without anyone to take care of. It's more or less a temporary life, but still possible (in drama, in reality it's probably unlikely, honestly don't know how South Korea works with the fees, taxes, ect.).

Or he is rich and wants to do something different, less boring or has a mission, or whatever. 

Namgoong-Min looks good in the role, like always. Let's see what we're going to get in July.

:sipsboba:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

I've watched enough stories to know there is a way to live like that if you're a single without anyone to take care of. It's more or less a temporary life, but still possible (in drama, in reality it's probably unlikely, honestly don't know how South Korea works with the fees, taxes, ect.).

In movies perhaps but in real life is unlikely. 1000 won is like one dollar. It is like a symbolic payment. From what I read, In South Korea everything is expensive, including going to school. I assume he was rich, something happened in his life and he wants to help those in need. I hope we`ll find more informations soon.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

21 minutes ago, larus said:

In movies perhaps but in real life is unlikely. 1000 won is like one dollar. It is like a symbolic payment.

It depends on someone's expectations and adaptability, I suppose. Human beings are quite adaptable if faced with impossible. It's marvelous how creative some people can be, even with one or two dollars of paid job (that fee could be 1000 won if lost, but if won the penalty paid may hit quite high level?).

It might be that he has a normal job, or part time job, and works as a lawyer for people who could pay normally high prices, or maybe he is seeking for something, like taking cases that relates to certain thing, slowly building the background for his plans (revenge?). My imagination is going wide right now, sorry.

I also hope we'll get more information soon. The premise is quite intriguing - I definitely need more details to satisfy my curiosity.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
May 12 2022

Namkoong Min & Kim Ji-Eun cast in SBS drama “One Thousand Won Lawyer”

1000wonlawyer-tp1.jpeg

Namkoong Min & Kim Ji-Eun are cast for lead roles in SBS drama series “One Thousand Won Lawyer” (literal title). Also cast in supporting roles are Choi Dae-Hoon, Lee Deok-Hwa, & Park Jin-Woo. The drama series will have Namkoong Min play quirky attorney Cheon Ji-Hun. He has permed hair and charges clients only 1,000 won (about $1 USD) for his service. Kim Ji-Eun will play Baek Ma-Ri. She works as a prosecutor’s assistant.

“One Thousand Won Lawyer” will air sometime later this year in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Cheon Ji-Hun (Namkoong Min) is a lawyer with an unusual style. His hair has a stylish perm. He charges only 1,000 won (about $1 USD) for his service, but he is one of the most skilled lawyers around. He fights against the most expensive lawyers and their rich clients, who try to get away with breaking the law.

Baek Ma-Ri (Kim Ji-Eun) works as a prosecutor’s assistant after graduating from the Judicial Research and Training Institute. She is confident and posesses high self-esteem. Her grandfather is Baek Hyun-Mu (Lee Deok-Hwa), who founded the famous Baek Law Firm and works at his law firm as a lawyer. Baek Ma-Ri’s life goes smoothly, but her life changes after she meets Cheon Ji-Hun.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/namkoong-min-kim-ji-eun-cast-in-sbs-drama-one-thousand-won-lawyer

• Like 3

Namgoong Min And Kim Ji Eun Confirmed To Reunite In Upcoming Law Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 12, 2022
by S. Nam

Namgoong Min, Kim Ji Eun, Choi Dae Hoon, Lee Deok Hwa, and Park Jin Woo will be starring in a new drama together!

SBS’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “1000 Won Lawyer” (literal title) is about troublemaker lawyer Cheon Ji Hoon who is extremely skilled but only charges 1000 won ($0.78) as his attorney’s fee. The refreshing law story follows Cheon Ji Hoon as he faces against the rich who escape the law and lawyers with expensive fees.

Namgoong Min will be joining his first SBS drama in two years as the most cost-effective legal hero Cheon Ji Hoon who people can meet for just 1000 won. With his stylish permed hair, Cheon Ji Hoon gives off a powerful impression as a rebel among legal circles. Namgoong Min previous impressed in numerous projects including “Stove League,” “Good Manager,” “The Veil,” “Doctor Prisoner,” and more. He also won the Grand Prize at the 2020 SBS Drama Awards.

Kim Ji Eun will be playing the role of Baek Ma Ri who is in the last stages of training at the Judicial Research and Training Institute to become a prosecutor. She is from a “royal family” among judicial circles with superb qualifications and a splendid future set out for her. When the confident and arrogant Baek Ma Ri meets Cheon Ji Hoon, her smooth-sailing life gets turned upside down. In addition to having starred in “The Veil” with Namgoong Min, Kim Ji Eun is currently starring in “Again My Life.”

Choi Dae Hoon will be playing the role of prosecutor Seo Min Hyuk who is also from the judicial circles’ royal family. He hopes to maintain the perks he enjoys from being born from a wealthy family and being a part of the inner circle . Returning to Korea after wrapping up two years of training at the Brooklyn district’s attorney office, he hopes to achieve his next life goal of marrying Baek Ma Ri and changing her family’s Law Firm Baek into Law Firm Baek&Seo. Choi Dae Hoon previously starred in “Crash Landing on You,” “Flower of Evil,” “Beyond Evil,” and more.

Lee Deok Hwa will be playing Baek Ma Ri’s grandfather and representative attorney Baek Hyun Moo who founded the large-scale Law Firm Baek. He believes that lawyers defend with the heart, and although Baek has numerous elite lawyers employed, he wants Cheon Ji Hoon to join his law firm. This is also the reason behind why he sends his granddaughter Baek Ma Ri to Cheon Ji Hoon’s side. Lee Deok Hwa previously captivated audiences in “The Red Sleeve,” “A Business Proposal,” and more.

Park Jin Woo will be playing Sa Moo Jang, the legal assistant who looks after Cheon Ji Hoon, spending his own money and riding his own car without a salary after meeting Cheon Ji Hoon. True to his name which directly translates to “legal assistant,” Sa Moo Jang also makes the perfect pair with Cheon Ji Hoon. Park Jin Woo starred in numerous projects including “Stranger” (“Forest of Secrets”), “The Lady in Dignity,” “Memories of the Alhambra,” “Military Prosecutor Doberman,” and more, and he will showcase great acting chemistry with Namgoong Min after having starred in “Stove League” together.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1525978wpp/namgoong-min-and-kim-ji-eun-confirmed-to-reunite-in-upcoming-law-drama

• Like 3

by lo_ve, May 12, 2022

"One Thousand Won Lawyer" announced its official cast.

On May 12th, SBS released the cast lineup of the new drama "One Thousand Won Lawyer." Aside from Namgoong Min, Kim Ji Eun, Choi Dae Hoon, Lee Deok Hwa, and Park Jin Woo will also lead the upcoming series. The series will be part of SBS' Friday and Saturday drama timeslot and it is scheduled to premiere within the year. 

"One Thousand Won Lawyer" is about a genius lawyer who gets paid one thousand won for his professional service. He has the best skills and he only asks for a thousand won for his fees. This is his battle against rich lawmakers and lawyers who asked for high prices for their clients.

The upcoming series will be a collaboration work of director Kim Jae Hyun and writer siblings Choi Soo Jin and Choi Chang Hwan ("Heart Surgeons" and "Defendant"). The drama will be produced by Studio S. 

This will be the reunion work of Namgoong Min and Kim Ji Eun. The two worked together in the 2021 drama "The Veil."

W08Jm_2f.jpg

Namgoong Min will play the role of Cheon Ji Hoon, the lawyer who only asks the client for one thousand won as the fee. This will be the first drama of Namgoong Min for the year. He will also lead the upcoming dramas "Sacred Divorce" and "Doctor Prisoner 2." 

Kim Ji Eun will play the role of Baek Ma Ri, the prosecutor at the  Judicial Research and Training Institute. The actress is currently starring in the SBS drama "Again My Life."

Choi Dae Hoon will play the role of Seo Min Hyuk, another prosecutor from a legal family. Lee Deok Hwa will play Baek Hyun Moo, the founder of a large law firm and also a representative lawyer. Lastly, Park Jin Woo will play the role of Sa Moo Jang, the director of the law office who is also the helper of Cheon Ji Hoon.

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/one-thousand-won-lawyer-confirms-its-official-cast-lineup

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Namgoong Min Thanks “Awaken” Co-Star AOA’s Seolhyun For Sending Sweet Gift To His Drama Set

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 26, 2022
by S. Cho

Namgoong Min has showed off a sweet gift from his former co-star AOA’s Seolhyun!

On May 25, Namgoong Min uploaded a photo on Instagram of him posing with a coffee truck sent by Seolhyun to the set of his upcoming drama “1000 Won Lawyer” (literal title)! The truck banner features a pretty picture of the two stars and Namgoong Min added as a caption to the post, “I’ll drink the delicious coffee well, Seolhyun.”

Namgoong Min and Seolhyun co-starred in tvN’s 2020 drama “Awaken” where they portrayed fellow cops working at the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency.

Seolhyun commented a series of clapping emojis and Namgoong Min responded to her, “I drank it well and I’m gaining strength~”

Their “Awaken” co-star Lee Chung Ah also praised Seolhyun for her kind gesture, commenting, “The pretty girl is really pretty.”

Namgoong Min is currently filming for SBS’s “1000 Won Lawyer” where he plays troublemaker lawyer Cheon Ji Hoon, who is extremely skilled but only charges 1000 won ($0.78) as his attorney’s fee. The refreshing law story follows Cheon Ji Hoon as he goes up against the rich who escape the law and lawyers with expensive fees.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1528128wpp/namgoong-min-thanks-awaken-co-star-aoas-seolhyun-for-sending-sweet-gift-to-his-drama-set

6EWRKG2X7RMHH73M2FOJ3HO5VY.jpg

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2022/05/25/V5I7GK5PVFTY726W7MK42336DI/

• Love 2

On 4/24/2022 at 1:52 PM, larus said:

Choi Dae-hoon will be tested... Acting with Namgoong-min in 'Won-won Lawyer'

https://thumbnews.nateimg.co.kr/view610///news.nateimg.co.kr/orgImg/tn/2022/04/24/2022042215184097932_1.jpg

Thanks larus! Claps! I noticed CDH in part of of this drama. 

CDH IS soooo good in  Monster Beyond Evil ( best drama of 2021!) and even post on thread he deserves best supporting actor. He did get nominated  so his acting was recognized. OJS won (deserving) for the Uncle drama. Hoping his character here has grit!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, jongski said:

CDH IS soooo good in  Monster Beyond Evil ( best drama of 2021!) and even post on thread he deserves best supporting actor. He did get nominated  so his acting was recognized. OJS won (deserving) for the Uncle drama. Hoping his character here has grit!

I read that his character will be funny. :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

Namgoong Min on the set of A Thousand Won Lawyer.

I love the picture. It is like a pictorial. :)

Coffee truck for Kim ji Eun at the set of new drama.

Start shooting a hundred thousand won lawyers

• Like 3
  • Love 1

NEW EVENT!  

Favourite K-Dramas based on Web - Novels, Webtoons & Manhwa  

Vote NOW!  :piggydance:

Chingus, love them or hate them! You can’t ignore them. :coolshades:

K-Dramas inspired from manhwa, webtoons and web-novels are making a big splash in the entertainment industry. Vote for your favourite K-Dramas and let us know the ones you absolutely hated.

re:  Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @partyon

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...