[Drama 2022] A Thousand Won Lawyer,천원짜리 변호사

larus

I love NamKoong Min and I wish One Dollar Lawyer kept to its original 14 episodes if not longer.  I am sure if there weren't issues between SBS and the writers etc. , and SBS didn't messed up the broadcasting schedule after episode 8, ODL would have easily hit 20% in rating.   Even with all these broadcasting blunders, it STILL received the highest rating among all the mini-series of the week during its entire run! 

Bravo to Minnie and the ODL team for giving us just enjoyable drama. Hope to hear about his next drama/movie soon!

by Lily Alice, November 16, 2022
35 28

4 Reasons To Watch The K-Drama Series
One Dollar Lawyer

K-drama fans have been raving about One Dollar Lawyer, not only because of its strong ensemble but also due to its unique plot. 

If you are still in doubt that this drama will be worth your time, then read on to find out what you are missing out on!

A Dynamic Storyline

__JdFv7or9MAZkYms6tLthXe5wfx8i9fcPV6XwAv

K-dramas have often amazed us with their unique plots and fresh perspectives. And "One Dollar Lawyer" is definitely among those dramas which will surprise you with its dynamic storyline. The drama is a typical good guy vs. bad guy trope, but with a whole lot of quirkiness and goofiness into it. 

Elemental to law and crime dramas, "One Dollar Lawyer" also throws curveballs your way when you least expect them.

Moreover, in the earlier episodes, it seems like any other law drama in which an upright lawyer always defends his clients and saves them from unfair punishment. But when the story behind the lawyer's past unfolds, it creates tension and suspense and keeps the viewers anticipating the next episode. 

Quirky Characters

Rw3w6_2f.jpg

When all the evidence points to the accused, and there is not even the slightest ray of hope left, Cheon Ji Hoon, AKA One Dollar Lawyer, comes and says to the victim, "I will save you". 

But he is not your ordinary lawyer. His way of solving cases leaves even the judges baffled and prosecutors challenged. And when the priciest attorneys charge a fortune to their wealthy clients, Cheon Ji Hoon rescues his clients from court troubles with a fee of only 1 dollar. And sometimes he solves their problems without even going to the court. 

His swag and goofiness give comic relief to the serious plot and keep the viewer's entertained throughout the

On the other hand, is our chic female lead - Baek Ma Ri.

Our female K-drama lawyers and prosecutors are known to be fierce. And Baek Ma Ri is no exception. Hailing from a rich family in the legal profession, she is a graduate of the Judicial Research and Training Institute. She has a strong sense of justice and commitment. 

But despite being born with a silver spoon in her mouth, Baek Ma Ri is seen sympathizing with the poor sufferers who were victimized by the rich and powerful. 

Our chic, feisty, and intelligent law professional has a strong will with a soft heart. 

At the beginning of the drama, the leads are seen against each other in the courtroom. But when circumstances bring these two characters together, it's a houseful for entertainment. 

Other characters in the drama like Sa Mu Jang (Park Jin Woo), Seo Min Hyeok (Choi Dae Hoon), and Na Ye Jin (Gong Min Jung) among others, also present unique characters and give the drama a smooth flow. 

Comedy At Its Peak

The drama is well-equipped with comic scenes. Cheon Ji Hoon, despite having a strong sense of responsibility, displays a goofy character who plays around and takes unthinkable risks. He and Baek Ma Ri are often seen pulling each other's legs. 

Moreover, the drama also has subtle humorous scenes which can be good laugh-out-loud moments. 

For example (Don't worry. No spoilers here!), in episode 3, when Cheon Ji Hoon assigns Baek Ma Ri as his lawyer, she is trying to refuse and is calling him respectively when he is walking away, "Wait, Mr. Cheon! Mr. Cheon!". But when he doesn't turn after persistently calling, she loses it and angrily calls out, "Hey jerk!". And he finally turns around. 

This scene really gave me a good laugh. 

There are more such instances where the characters subtly drop a bomb and have you rolling on the floor. 

more https://mydramalist.com/article/4-reasons-to-watch-the-k-drama-one-dollar-lawyer

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

7 More Must-Watch K-Dramas Of 2022

Dec 27, 2022

It’s already that time of year where we look back at the second half of 2022 and the impeccable K-dramas that we have been blessed with. In case you missed part one, you can check it out here. So without further ado, here is the list for more must-watch K-dramas.

Disclaimer: List is in no particular order and only K-dramas that are finished airing by the end of December 2022 are included.

“One Dollar Lawyer”

one-dollar-lawyer-scaled.jpeg

“One Dollar Lawyer” stars Namgoong Min as Cheon Ji Hoon and Kim Ji Eun as Baek Ma Ri. Ji Hoon is a lawyer who only charges one dollar for his services. He is a lawyer that seeks justice and fairness for his clients and is fearless.

This series garnered quite a bit of buzz, mainly because the story was very enticing. Seeing each case and how the underdogs overcome seemingly impossible obstacles with the help of Cheon Ji Hoon was inspiring. Viewers will love the hopeful tone of the series and positive messaging that people can overcome evil even if they are poor and seemingly have no one on their side.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1559079wpp/7-more-must-watch-k-dramas-of-2022

• Like 1

Best Supporting Actor Park Jin-woo and Gong Min-jung... 'Thousand Won Attorney' team celebrates with tears [2022 SBS Drama Awards]

optimize

Spoiler

202212312154834223_2.jpg

202212312154834223_1.jpg

Park Jin-woo and Gong Min-jung of 'A 1,000 Won Lawyer' won the Best Supporting Actor Miniseries Comedy/Romance category.

Park Jin-woo and Gong Min-jung from 'A Thousand Won Lawyer' became the main characters for the Supporting Actor Award. At the '2022 SBS Drama Awards', which was broadcast live at SBS Prism Tower in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 31st, actors Park Jin-woo and Gong Min-jung received the Best Supporting Actor Award in the Miniseries, Comedy and Romance category.

Park Jin-woo, who played the role of a secretary in 'A 1,000 Won Lawyer', said, "Thank you to everyone who loved 'A 1,000 Won Lawyer'. It was a site where I was able to confirm what happened once again. I want to give glory to those who do their best in their work behind the scenes."

Likewise, Gong Min-jung, who played the role of Na Ye-jin in 'A Lawyer with 1,000 Won', received the Best Supporting Actress Award. Gong Min-jung said, "She really didn't think of it," she wept. She went on to thank the staff of 'A Lawyer for 1,000 Won'. He said, “I received a lot of help from many people while working on ‘A Lawyer with 1,000 Won’. This award is not something I will receive. I know. "he said. He added, "I really like acting. I want to act for a long time in the future."

http://m.mydaily.co.kr/new/read.php?newsid=202212312154834223

https://m.news1.kr/articles/?4911586

Kim Ji-eun, the charming woman of '1,000 won lawyer'

26F499VFXC_1.jpg

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/26F499VFXC

Actress Lee Chung-ah poses on the red carpet at the '2022 SBS Drama Awards' held at SBS Prism Tower in Mapo-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 31st.

Spoiler

26F48WQZT5_1.jpg

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/26F48WQZT5

Congratulations Namgoong min win PD Award in SBS drama Awards 2022.

Kim Ji-eun and Kim Min-kyu, Excellence Award at the SBS Drama Awards... “Namgoong Min = Senior Kidari, I’m also grateful to myself”

BF.32253936.1.jpg

Kim Ji-eun of 'Thousand Won Lawyer' and 'Again My Life' said, "I am grateful that I can receive an award for excellence in acting. I will go," he said. Kim Ji-eun, who took out a piece of paper prepared with her impressions, thanked her colleagues, saying, "Namgoong-min, a long-legged senior who reliably helped us all go in a better direction."

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2022123133964

Lee Chung-ah was honored with the Best Performance Award at the '2022 SBS Drama Awards' held on December 31st.

576658_801520_1931.jpg

Lee Chung-ah said, "I can't lie, but I came knowing that I would receive an award at the awards ceremony. He asked me to come to the acting awards ceremony, and he said, 'What are you doing for a special appearance?' I could have made an excuse that it was a mess, but this time, even if I prepared a week ago, what good things can I say? It keeps changing."

She continued, ""Lawyer with 1,000 won" Lee Joo-young was a special role for me too. I think I put only my pretty and good sides into that character. I wanted to be a light and sunshine for Cheon Ji-hoon, although it was short, and this work is a special appearance, but it is the most special role. Same. Like the line in the play, I love how everyone laughs. I'm happy that I was able to finish this year without any problems. I hope there will be more things to laugh about in 2023."

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202212312007076310

https://www.spotvnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=576658

Winners Of The 2022 SBS Drama Awards

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 31, 2022
by D. Kim

SBS has awarded its top dramas and actors of the year!

On December 31, the annual SBS Drama Awards was held to celebrate dramas that decorated the network in 2022.

Directors’ Award: Namgoong Min (“One Dollar Lawyer”)

Excellence Award (Comedy or Romance Miniseries): Kim Min Kyu (“Business Proposal”), Kim Ji Eun (“One Dollar Lawyer”)

Best Performance Award: Lee Chung Ah (“One Dollar Lawyer”)

Best Supporting Actor (Comedy or Romance Miniseries): Park Jin Woo (“One Dollar Lawyer”), Gong Min Jung (“One Dollar Lawyer”)

Scene Stealer Award: Kim Ja Young (“One Dollar Lawyer”), Nam Mi Jung (“Woori the Virgin”), Im Chul Soo (“Today’s Webtoon”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1560979wpp/winners-of-the-2022-sbs-drama-awards

'Thousand Won Lawyer' Namgoong-min wins the Director's Award!

Video

• 2 weeks later...

Soompi Forum Awards: Poll #3 - The Most Memorable Characters, The Worst Drama Endings, The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' (TSTL) Characters of 2022.

kdr7sTk.gif

Dear Chingus, Vote for the Most Memorable Characters, The Worst Drama Endings, The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' (TSTL) Characters of 2022!

re: Your  friendly, neighbourhood EO Team: 

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl