A THOUSAND WON LAWYER

One-Dollar-Lawyer-1-1438x2048.jpeg

Drama: A Thousand Won Lawyer

Hangul: 천원짜리 변호사

Genre: law

Network: SBS

Episodes: 12

Director: Kim Jae Hyun

Writer: Choi Soo-jin  (Heart Surgeon, Defendant) , Choi Chang-hwan (Heart Surgeon)

Release Date: September 23, 2022- November 5, 2022

Runtime:Friday & Saturday at 10 PM

Production Company: Studio S

OST:

Official site:

Plot

Drama A Thousand Won Lawyer is about the story of a lawyer with a commission fee of 1,000 won but his ability is definitely the best. A hero who comes to the rescue of clients without money or connections, Cheon Ji Hoon isn’t afraid of facing off against the rich and powerful who use expensive lawyers to escape the law.

Notes

Screenwriters Choi Soo-jin and Choi Chang-hwan, who are biological siblings, won the grand prize at the 2015 SBS script contest.

Cast

Namgoong Min as Cheon Ji-Hun

Kim Ji Eun as Baek Ma-Ri

Lee Deok-hwa as Baek Hyun-Mu

Lee Chung-ah as Lee Joo-young

Choi Dae-hoon as Seo Min-hyuk

Park Jin Woo as Sa Mu-Jang

Gong Min-jung as Na Ye-jin

Jo Yeon Hee as Oh Min-ah (Baek Ma-Ri`s mother)

Shin Dam Soo as Yang Sang-goo

Lee Je Hoon as (cameo)

Posters

GCK7F5HWVHUSBHK3RD3SDXAMEM.jpg

Namgoong-Min-1.jpg

Kim-Ji-Eun-1.jpg

Choi-Dae-Hoon.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 3

SBS to finally air “1,000 Won Lawyer” 6 years after plagiarizing scandal

cabeti119December 2, 2021Last Updated: December 2, 2021
1 minute read

“1,000 Won Lawyer” is in discussion to be released on SBS in 2022.

The drama “1,000 Won Lawyer” finally proceeded to the first step of production. According to a report by Donga.com on December 2nd, “1,000 Won Lawyer” is being discussed to be aired as an SBS drama in the middle of next year.

“1,000 Won Lawyer” is a drama that tells the story of a lawyer with great skills but a commission fee of only 1,000 won. This work was written by the screenwriters Choi Soo-jin and Choi Chang-hwan, who are biological siblings, and won the grand prize at the 2015 SBS script contest.

While “1,000 Won Lawyer” was preparing to be broadcasted on SBS in 2016, controversy arose over the similarity between the drama with the KBS2 drama “Mr. Lawyer, Mr.Jo“. After the scandal broke out, writers Choi Soo-jin and Choi Chang-hwan put aside “1,000 Won Lawyer” and broadcast “Innocent Defendant” earlier than planned. The drama “Innocent Defendant” ended in popularity with its highest rating surpassing 28.3% in the last episode after having continuously rising ratings. Its main actor Ji Sung won the Daesang at the 2017 SBS Drama Awards for this project. 

Writer Choi Soo-jin and Choi Chang-hwan, who also drew attention with the drama “Two Lives One Heart Reply” in 2018, are finally preparing to make a comment with “1,000 Won Lawyer” in 2022.

https://kbizoom.com/sbs-to-finally-air-1000-won-lawyer-6-years-after-plagiarizing-scandal/

Namgoong Min In Talks For Lawyer Role In New SBS Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 7, 2022
by D. Kim

Namgoong Min is working on selecting his next project!

On January 7, it was reported that the actor will be starring in the upcoming SBS drama “1000 Won Lawyer” (literal title).

In response to the report, Namgoong Min’s agency 935 Entertainment clarified, “‘1000 Won Lawyer’ is one of the projects he was offered. Nothing has been decided yet.”

“1000 Won Lawyer” is about a troublemaker lawyer who is extremely skilled but charges 1000 won ($0.83) as his attorney’s fee. Written by siblings Choi Soo Jin and Choi Chang Hwan who previously created “Defendant,” “1000 Won Lawyer” won the SBS Script Contest in 2015.

Anticipation is high for Namgoong Min’s next drama as he has shown great success recently through Daesang (Grand Prize) wins two years in a row with SBS’s “Stove League” in 2020 and MBC’s “The Veil” in 2021.

Stay tuned for updates on Namgoong Min’s next project!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1507418wpp/namgoong-min-in-talks-for-lawyer-role-in-new-sbs-drama

Namgoong Min Might Play The Role Of Lawyer In '1000 Won Lawyer'; Details Inside

South Korean actor Namgoong Min might be featuring in the upcoming SBS K-drama, 1000 Won Lawyer. The agency has confirmed that the actor has received the offer.

Written By

Vibhuti Sanchala

shc2eyskk2yvhxc6_1641557424.jpeg

South Korean actor Namgoong Min is currently busy working on selecting his next project. On Friday, it was reported by the South Korean news outlet, Soompi that the actor might be featuring in the upcoming SBS K-drama, 1000 Won Lawyer. The agency has confirmed that the actor has received the offer, however, nothing has been decided yet. 

According to the report, responding to the news, Namgoong Min’s agency, 935 Entertainment has clarified, 1000 Won Lawyer is one of the projects that the actor was offered. Nothing has been decided yet. The new K-drama revolves around the journey of a troublemaker lawyer, who is exceptionally skilled but charges 1000 won ($0.83) as his attorney’s fee.

Penned by siblings- Choi Soo Jin and Choi Chang-Hwan, who have created Defendant, 1000 Won Lawyer has won the SBS Script Contest in the year 2015. Many fans are excited for Min's new drama as he won Daesang (Grand Prize) two years in a row with SBS' Stove League in the year 2020, and MBC's The Veil last year. 

Helmed by director Kim Sung Yong, The Veil is a spy drama that featured Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, who is an elite field agent who was known as a legend at the National Intelligence Service (NIS). The plot shows just when Ji Hyuk seemed to have finally succeeded in driving an organized crime syndicate into a corner, he loses his memories in a horrific accident that leaves all his teammates dead. After going missing for a year, he makes a bold return to the organization to find the traitor who attempted to kill his entire team. The K-drama aired in October last year. 

As per Soompi, director Kim Sung Yong praised Namgoong Min in an interview. He said, “He’s an actor who infused me with the feeling of ‘trust’ at every moment. It’s impossible to imagine Han Ji Hyuk without Namgoong Min. His walk, his words, his breath, his gaze, Namgoong Min completely embodied Han Ji Hyuk. I watched how much work Namgoong Min put in to become Han Ji Hyuk, and his passion and immersion fired me up as well."

https://www.republicworld.com/entertainment-news/rest-of-the-world/namgoong-min-might-play-the-role-of-lawyer-in-1000-won-lawyer-details-inside-articleshow.html

• Like 1
  • Love 3

by lo_ve, January 7, 2022
53 22

Namkoong Min will reportedly return to SBS with the upcoming drama "A Thousand Won Lawyer."

On January 7th, media outlet OSEN reported that Namkoong Min was selected to star in the upcoming SBS drama  "A Thousand Won Lawyer" and this will be the actor's next project. 

Namkoong Min's agency 935 Entertainment responded to the reports and stated that the upcoming SBS drama is one of the drama offers that the actor is reviewing. The actor hasn't picked his next project yet.

"A Thousand Won Lawyer" will be the next work of the Choi siblings Choi Soo Jin and Choi Chang Hwan who also penned the dramas "Heart Surgeons" and "Defendant." The drama will be produced by Studio S. 

The upcoming drama will tell the story of a lawyer who only gets paid 1,000 won for his professional fee. He has the best skills in the industry. 

Other details about the drama "A Thousand Won Lawyer" have not yet been revealed. 

vLbX8_2f.jpg

If Namkoong Min confirms his casting for "A Thousand Won Lawyer," this drama will be his comeback to SBS after winning the grand prize "Acting Award" through the series "Hot Stove League" in 2019. 

In 2021, the actor starred in MBC's "The Veil" with Park Ha Sun, Kim Ji Eun, Jang Young Nam, Kim Jong Tae, and Kim Do Hyun. This series gave him another daesang (grand prize award) for his acting. 

The actor has starred in several dramas such as "Awaken," "Doctor Prisoner," "The Undateables," "Falsify," "Good Manager," "Beautiful Gong Shim," "The Girl Who Sees Scents," "I Need Romance 3," "Remember: War of the Son," and more.

Namkoong Min is known for his excellent acting skills and many are already anticipating his next project. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/namkoong-min-will-reportedly-return-to-sbs-with-a-new-drama

Namgoong-min's next project is 'A thousand Won Lawyer'... June airing target

NISI20210915_0000829566_web.jpg?rnd=2021

Actor Namgoong-min's next project has been decided.

Namgoong-min posted a photo on her 29th through her own social media along with the sentence "How to live like a human, I will protect you.

The published photo contains a picture of the script that reads 'a thousand-won lawyer'. Namgoong-min revealed in January that she was one of the works offered through her agency.

SBS' new drama '1000 won Lawyer' is a courtroom drama depicting the story of a poor lawyer who pays 1,000 won but has the best skills. This work won the Grand Prize in the SBS Screenplay Competition in 2015.

NISI20220329_0000962194_web.jpg?rnd=2022

Writers Choi Soo-jin and Choi Chang-hwan, who are brothers and sisters, were preparing to broadcast on SBS in 2016, but stopped due to a similarity controversy with KBS 2TV's 'Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho'. Afterwards, he wrote SBS 'Defendant' in 2017 and 'Thoracic Surgery: Doctors who stole the heart' in 2018.

Meanwhile, 'One Thousand Dollar Lawyer' will start production with the goal of airing in June of this year.

https://newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20220329_0001812269

Namgoong Min Confirmed and Starts Filming for SBS Legal Drama Thousand Won Lawyer

http://koalasplayground.com/2022/04/02/namgoong-min-confirmed-and-starts-filming-for-sbs-legal-drama-thousand-won-lawyer/#more-115704

• Love 4

Once again, they did not bother to announce the casting news. If it was not for Namgoong Min, we did not have any idea that he has confirmed (even if we suspected he had confirmed). They are planning a June broadcast so that mean they have started filming already. I know they will official give more information about the airing date but I wish to know the other cast too.

• Like 4

Finally, another drama by Namgoong Min himself! Thank you @larus for the updates! I really didn't know the drama was under a lawsuit for years. Glad to hear the things are getting cleared! Eagerly looking forward for this one! Can't wait to see Namgoong Min rocks the screen once again! :lol:

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Finally, another drama by Namgoong Min himself! Thank you @larus for the updates! I really didn't know the drama was under a lawsuit for years. Glad to hear the things are getting cleared! Eagerly looking forward for this one! Can't wait to see Namgoong Min rocks the screen once again! :lol:

Yes, I remember the controversy. I think it was a similar idea. It was good that the writer had another script and they made other drama. Now it is time to show her version of a lawyer  who works for the poor.

Namgoong Min has another drama offer. Another lawyer role.  I wonder when they will announce the casting for the other drama. It will air in 2023 so no chance to hear news so soon. And there are talks that it will be the second season of Dr Prisoner. Namgoong Min will be busy for the next two or three years. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, larus said:

Yes, I remember the controversy. I think it was a similar idea. It was good that the writer had another script and they made other drama. Now it is time to show her version of a lawyer  who works for the poor.

Namgoong Min has another drama offer. Another lawyer role.  I wonder when they will announce the casting for the other drama. It will air in 2023 so no chance to hear news so soon. And there are talks that it will be the second season of Dr Prisoner. Namgoong Min will be busy for the next two or three years. 

Oh I see. I guess out of 2 lawyer characters, I prefer this one more. It sounds like a perfect match for Namgoong Min's charisma. And if it's planned to premiere in June then he must have started filming already? Hope they reveal the details of the other cast soon. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gm4queen said:

And if it's planned to premiere in June then he must have started filming already? Hope they reveal the details of the other cast soon. 

They are aiming to broadcast in June but let see if it will be true. There are lots of changing about the broadcast dates. Yeah, I want more information about this drama including the other cast.

• Like 2

Kim Ji-eun as the lead in 'A Thousand Dollar Lawyer'... Reunited with Namgoong-min

T7OUDG2TZEOO4P4H7LHYMUFJDA.jpg

Actress Kim Ji-eun is reunited with Namgoong-min once again.

As a result of the coverage of News 1 on the April 5th, Kim Ji-eun received and is considering the lead role in SBS's new drama 'One Thousand Dollar Lawyer', which is scheduled to air this year.

'One Thousand Dollar Lawyer' is a drama that tells the story of a poor lawyer who has a salary of 1,000 won and is by far the best, and won the Grand Prize at the 2015 SBS Screenplay Contest. The writing was written by her sister, Choi Su-jin, and Choi Chang-hwan, and Namgoong-min had previously reported on the appearance.

Kim Ji-eun began to receive attention in earnest with the MBC Friday-Saturday drama 'Black Sun', which ended in October last year, and won the Rookie of the Year award at the 'MBC Acting Awards' that year. Above all, attention is focused on reuniting with Namgoong-min, who worked together in 'Black Sun'.

Currently, he is working hard on his work ahead of the first broadcast of SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama 'Again My Life' on the 8th. Meanwhile, 'One Thousand Dollar Lawyer' is scheduled to air this year.

https://biz.chosun.com/entertainment/tv/2022/04/05/LZ7N7PUNSDXDPSV3QKILMISSDI/

• Like 1
  • Love 1

by lo_ve, April 6, 2022
1 4

Kim Ji Eun is in discussion to be the female lead of the upcoming SBS drama "One Thousand Won Lawyer."

On April 5th media outlet News1 shared that Kim Ji Eun has been selected to lead the upcoming drama "One Thousand Won Lawyer." If the actress confirms her casting, this will be her reunion with Namgoong Min. The two have starred in the 2021 drama "The Veil." 

"One Thousand Won Lawyer" will revolve around a lawyer who only asks for one thousand won for his professional fee. He is a great and skilled lawyer. 

Namgoong Min is already confirmed to lead the series. 

The drama won the best prize at the SBS drama contest in 2015. The upcoming series will be written by Choi siblings Choi Soo Jin and Choi Chang Hwan ("Heart Surgeons" and "Defendant"). The drama will be produced by Studio S. 

"One Thousand Won Lawyer" is expected to air in 2022. The drama will exclusively air on SBS with around 20 episodes. 

0rl84_2f.jpg

If Kim Ji Eun confirms her casting, this will be her second drama for the year. The actress is set to star in the soon-to-air SBS series "Again My Life" with actor Lee Joon Gi

In 2021, Kim Ji Eun drew attention after starring in the MBC drama "The Veil." She even won the Rookie of the Year award at the MBC Drama Awards. 

Kim Ji Eun made her acting debut in 2014 through the movie "Hot Young Bloods." Since then, she has starred in several dramas and films. She was part of several known projects such as "W," "Lovely Horribly," "Doctor Prisoner," "Strangers from Hell," "Gangnam 1970," "Tattoo," "Your Name is Rose," "Long Live The King: Mokpo Hero," and more. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-ji-eun-in-talks-to-join-namgoong-min-in-a-new-sbs-drama

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Exclusive] 'Meet the Man' Lee Deok-hwa meets Nam Goong-min.. Appearing in 'A Thousand Dollar Lawyer'

http://res.heraldm.com/phpwas/restmb_allidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=202204071530058951340_20220407153016_01.jpg

As a result of the Herald POP coverage on the 7th, actor Lee Deok-hwa will appear in SBS's new drama 'A Thousand Won Lawyer', which is scheduled to air in the second half of the year.

'A Thousand Won Lawyer' is a courtroom drama depicting the story of a poor lawyer who pays 1,000 won but has the best skills. It was written by Choi Su-jin and Choi Chang-hwan, a writer who is a brother and sister, as the work that won the Grand Prize in the SBS Screenplay Contest in 2015.

Lee Deok-hwa played the role of Yeong-jo in MBC's popular drama 'Red End of the Sleeve' earlier this year, and recently performed comical acting as Kang Da-goo, chairman of the popular SBS drama 'Meet the Man', bringing a pleasant feeling to the living room.

http://www.heraldpop.com/view.php?ud=202204071530058951340_1

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] A Thousand Won Lawyer,천원짜리 변호사 - Namgoong Min - Premieres in second half 2022

I know they mentioned that they plan to air this drama in June but I don`t think it is the case. I read rumors about July or September airing date. September is more likely or later. Other SBS dramas have started filming earlier and had delayed filming and could not meet the airing plan and now a drama that doesn`t have a casting in April can air in June or July? I don`t think so.

Maybe they have the whole casting and they don`t release informations and they start filming really soon.

Lee Deok-hwa will play the antagonist in this drama?

And if the hero played by Namgoong Min only gets paid 1,000 won for his professional fee that mean he is rich? How can a man can affort to live with only 1000 won? :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Choi Dae-hoon will be tested... Acting with Namgoong-min in 'Won-won Lawyer'

https://thumbnews.nateimg.co.kr/view610///news.nateimg.co.kr/orgImg/tn/2022/04/24/2022042215184097932_1.jpg

Actor Choi Dae-hoon took the lead in 'Won-won Lawyer'.

As a result of the Star News coverage on the 24th, Choi Dae-hoon was cast as the lead role in the new SBS drama 'One Thousand Dollar Lawyer'.

'One Thousand Dollar Lawyer' is a drama depicting the story of a poor lawyer with a fee of 1,000 won and by far the best skills. The work that won the Grand Prize in the SBS Screenplay Contest in 2015 was written by her siblings Choi Soo-jin and Choi Chang-hwan.

Choi Dae-hoon takes on the role of Seo Min-hyuk, a prosecutor in the drama. Choi Dae-hoon plans to add fun to the drama by working with actors Namgoong-min and Kim Ji-eun, who previously announced the casting news.

Choi Dae-hoon showed impressive performances in each of the dramas he appeared in such as 'Crash Landing on You' (2019-2020), 'Flower of Evil' (2020), and 'Monster' (2021). He grew up as a leading actor. It is expected that he will continue to lead the lead role in this 'One Thousand Dollar Lawyer.`

In particular, Choi Dae-hoon played the role of an elite prosecutor in the drama 'Mysterious Victory', which ended in January 2018, so it is expected that attention will be focused on what kind of differentiated prosecutor's performance he will show through 'One Thousand Dollar Lawyer'.

Meanwhile, 'One Thousand Dollar Lawyer' is preparing to air this year.

https://news.nate.com/view/20220424n01579?mid=n1101

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Namgoong Min and Kim Ji Eun are set to reunite again right after Black Sun?

Yes. It is the first time to hear about a consecutive reunion.  She did another drama after Black Sun/ The Veil though. 

• Like 2

Namgoong-min, who was quiet after 'Black Sun', appeared in a completely different form

img_20220425141824_f4c43554.webp

Namgoong-min also appeared in a completely different form this time. Namgoong-min posted a picture on Instagram on the 24th with the caption, "1000won lawyer. Cheon Ji-hoon. First shoot".

In the released photo, Namgoong-min was captured by a monitor at the shooting site of SBS's new drama 'One Thousand Dollar Lawyer'. Namgoong-min, who received the Grand Prize for acting last year for MBC's 'Black Sun', recently chose 'A Thousand Won Lawyer' as his next work.

On the same day, Namgoong-min also published a photo taken at the filming site through another post. Namgoong-min wore a purple tie, shirt, and trousers to create a unique atmosphere. Above all, the character's long hair style caught attention.

img_20220425141859_bf5c653f.webp

'One Thousand Won Lawyer' is a courtroom drama about a poor lawyer who pays 1,000 won but has the best skills. It is said to be scheduled to air in June. On the other hand, Namgoong-min gained a lot of attention by adding 14 kg to her while appearing in the drama 'Black Sun' last year. After the drama ended, he went on a diet and he lost his weight again, and he was once again in the spotlight.

https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/750815

• Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

21 minutes ago, larus said:

On the same day, Namgoong-min also published a photo taken at the filming site through another post. Namgoong-min wore a purple tie, shirt, and trousers to create a unique atmosphere. Above all, the character's long hair style caught attention.

This is the very first time in years that I saw him wearing bright colors in a drama! His character already looks promising! Eagerly waiting for more details. :)

• Like 1