[Drama 2022-2023] Trolley, 트롤리

larus

52 minutes ago, Li22.55 said:

Thanks.. i'd watched it later .. but who do you think did NJD cheat his wife with if not YeoJin.. 

Honestly I don’t know :lol:.  It seems rather strange to introduce another character so late in the piece.  I am just going to assume that the “infidelity” is implying his relationship with his job/political aspirations.  He kept saying he wanted to have both - his wife and his political aspirations.  So you could surmise that metaphorically, his mistress is his ambition.  His desire for “the greater good”.  I’m clutching at straws here.  :lol:.  I just don’t think a fling with YJ or SB fits NJD’s bio.  

• Like 4

@chickfactor quiet agree that title ‘infidelity’ at the end of ep13 was intended to jolt us from our seats but the scene of NJD and YJ staring at each other from across the room fully clothed doesnt factor much. The writer/director is clever enough not to give it awsy so soon.

10 hours ago, nrllee said:

Are you afraid that Hye Joo will find out?”  

I dont know, if YJ is the mistress she would be saying something like ‘i’m scared HJ will find out’ 

Another theory that could explain it is NJD is having and affair with someone else and YJ knows about it. What SB and JH overheard could be the tail end of the conversation

• Like 4

8 hours ago, nrllee said:

KY is person who is trustworthy but to be honest I don’t see either having an affair.  KY is still very much in love with his confused wife and HJ doesn’t strike me as the sort of woman to cheat with another man.  

I think or I hope that KY whatever his feelings are will fight for the  truth. HJ needs at least one person on her side. Maybe  two if the nun who knew what really happened way back then will come out to tell what she knew.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

I dont know, if YJ is the mistress she would be saying something like ‘i’m scared HJ will find out’ 

Another theory that could explain it is NJD is having and affair with someone else and YJ knows about it. What SB and JH overheard could be the tail end of the conversation

in episode 10 the last time that Seo Bin visited YJ in her restaurant after she ate her food, YJ says that Seobin does not need to visit her at the restaurant anymore but just to text her. Seo Bin answered back asking "why did you prepare seaweed soup for me, was that to feel kindness so that I would turn a blind eye?" Then she tells YJ about her cashier stealing money from YJ and when YJ looked at her surprised, Seobin says, "that is how it feels to be betrayed by someone you trust." I had no idea why she would say that to YJ, been curious about what could YJ have done to SB. I thought it might have something to do with her miscarriage and eventual surgery. YJ said nothing then as SB walked out of the restaurant. I wonder if SB was talking about the affair then.

• Like 4

I want to punch NJD in his face for his blatant betrayal and slap the woman he sleeps with for her disloyalty to HJ, but at the end of episode I'm speechless  at the twist. What an engrossing storyline. I wonder what makes Yeojin stay in the house with the rapist?? Can't wait for the next episode. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, lucia704 said:

I want to punch NJD in his face for his blatant betrayal and slap the woman he sleeps with for her disloyalty to HJ, but at the end of episode I'm speechless  at the twist. What an engrossing storyline. I wonder what makes Yeojin stay in the house with the rapist?? Can't wait for the next episode. 

Simply does not make sense. Assemblyman not having an affair but raped FL's friend 5 years ago and the friend continues to live in the house. The preview looks like the friend is attempting to take her own life by taking pills. So much is going on. I am wondering why the FL lead did not use the press conference as an opportunity to clear her son's name by revealing that he was not a rapist(and she has proof, he was in jail at the time of conception) at the same time as clearing her own name. I believe she did the press conference not to help herself or her husband's ruthless quest for the "greater good" but to protect her daughter from shame and ostracism. 

• Like 5

Joong Do gets more and more disappointing with each ep. and is outed to be more a villain than a hero.

Ji Hoon turned out to be a decent kid after all. He was just lookin' out for Hye Joo, Soo Bin and eventually took his own life.. sigh so tragic..

"JD" stood for Jung Dae which I take was the pimp(?) possibly her baby daddy..? So Joong Do raped Yeo Jin(?) but why did she continue to live under the same roof as the p.o.s.? Yoon Seo seem to be out of touch. She is now the target of bullies at school.

Seung Hee ah~ mission accomplished. Now move on ok? Hye Joo is miserable , happy now? Geez. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, il23 said:

Simply does not make sense. Assembly not having an affair but raped FL's friend 5 years ago and the friend continues to live in the house.

Huh?  Wow.  Will need to watch to believe this.  Not sure this is a plausible scenario though.  I agree that it would make zero sense for the victim to stay in the house of the rapist.  What a strange development.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lucia704 said:

I have no trust in anything that Yeo Jin says right now. As we are given pieces of the story, we know now that Ji Hoon loved and trusted his mom, he told Seo Bin to go to his mom and she would help Seo Bin because his mom knew how it was to have no one. We know that he died drowning as he tried to dive for the meth?? that WJ threw into the river, that was filmed in the black box. But still WJ should have looked further, because he just turned his back for a few moments and the kid disappeared when there was only the banks and the river. Could it not entered WJ's mind that the kid jumped into the river and called for help then? From what Ji Hoon told Seo Bin he was going to meet his father and tell him that he knew about the affair. In this episode we know he met with his father who yelled at him but we did not hear Ji Hoon's side if he really told his father about what he knew. We see Ji Hoon get out of the car after meeting with his father. JD tells WJ to follow JH and take him home because he needed to meet HJ at the police station as the daughter was missing. In his own way the son was trying to get his father to pay attention to him and family, that the son was being inwardly destroyed by what he knew of his father who was busy politicking to save the world but not paying attention for those who were close to him, especially the son who so needed his caring.

As for Yeo Jin, I have no idea what her angle is. At this moment I can't trust what she says. She admitted to HJ that she is having an affair with JD and she is shown just sauntering into the man's office late at night with coffee cup in hand. What is her deal telling WJ she was raped?

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 2

I wonder if Yeo Jin will die with her attempts to kill herself.  If so, it would be another case of sexual assaults and suicide!  Ironically, NJD's bill would be backfired on himself, if it passed.  Originally, the case would be closed if Yeo Jin died.  However, the new bill would open up the opportunity for further investigation.

I think this case of NJD would be the ultimate trolley problem in the drama.There are 4 cases of sexual assaults in the drama. It is getting closer and closer to kHJ. According to the preview, KHJ is filing a divorce and having a meeting with the chair lady of NJD's Party. I wonder if she turns NJD in with her meeting with the Chair. The trolley is targeting NJD this time!

While NJD is getting worse with each episode, I love KHJ with her newfound courage in Episode 14. I like her tender, but firm attitudes to handle the affair. Also, I love the way that she speaks up for herself and daughter on TV.  She is a strong woman.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I was wrong to trust NJD.  He’s a narcissist who believes he can do no wrong.  

Ahh…subbers got it wrong and changed the subs after last night.  Originally they had it down as “the night of the accident” at the end of Ep13 when SB was talking to HJ.  Now they’ve changed it to “the day of the accident” <_<

It makes sense now why JH went off the rails after middle school.  They were such a happy family before then.  He witnessed the “affair”.  Although now it looks like it wasn’t “an affair”, it was a rape.  If it was a rape, then it’s unlikely that YJ would continue to sleep with NJD.  And it makes no sense that YJ would continue to live in the same house which would leave her open to more abuse?  She’s not a minor with nowhere to escape to?  Even if NJD was drunk and she excused him for it, it makes no sense that she would live there for 5 years in constant fear that he would come knocking again?  That afternoon when NJD returned early in the afternoon and JH/SB saw them downstairs, did they have a lover’s tryst?  Unlikely unless it was another instance when he forced himself on her again.  <_< I am not sure why YJ didn’t just call him out in front of HJ when she asked her in the beginning of the episode.  Why have HJ believe that there was “something between the 2 of them”?  Why not tell HJ the truth like she did WJ?  

JH’s death also makes little sense.  If he had gone back to retrieve the drug in the river, chances are near zero that he would’ve been able to do that in the first place (it was dark, it was a flowing river and raining).  Then to manage to put it into his coat pocket (which is where the cops found the drug) whilst drowning is impossible.

Will YJ succeed in her suicide attempt?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 14! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Brain Works” Climbs Back Up In Ratings As “Our Blooming Youth” And “Trolley” Follow Close Behind

The Monday-Tuesday drama ratings race has become fiercer!

Meanwhile, SBS’s “Trolley” achieved an average nationwide rating of 3.6 percent, seeing the same score as its previous episode’s rating.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565741wpp/brain-works-climbs-back-up-in-ratings-as-our-blooming-youth-and-trolley-follow-close-behind

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@lila21its proven now the ‘betrayal’ SB hinted to YJ at the restaurant was about their ‘affair’.

8 hours ago, nrllee said:

It makes sense now why JH went off the rails after middle school.  They were such a happy family before then.  He witnessed the “affair”.  Although now it looks like it wasn’t “an affair”, it was a rape.  If it was a rape, then it’s unlikely that YJ would continue to sleep with NJD.  And it makes no sense that YJ would continue to live in the same house which would leave her open to more abuse?  She’s not a minor with nowhere to escape to?  Even if NJD was drunk and she excused him for it, it makes no sense that she would live there for 5 years in constant fear that he would come knocking again?  That afternoon when NJD returned early in the afternoon and JH/SB saw them downstairs, did they have a lover’s tryst?  Unlikely unless it was another instance when he forced himself on her again.  <_< I am not sure why YJ didn’t just call him out in front of HJ when she asked her in the beginning of the episode.  Why have HJ believe that there was “something between the 2 of them”?  Why not tell HJ the truth like she did WJ?  

Yes i was puzzled at first how JH turned out to be problematic. He looks happy as a child with YS and also the in the graduation photo. 
Was there really an affair or was it rape? The conversation between NJD and YJ that JH overheard went something like, YJ to NJD : “it may be a mistake for you but i was tormented ever since”.

Like you i cant understand why YJ would go on living in the house if she was rape by NJD.  
You mentioned in an earlier post about JH’s phone. It was never brought up in ep14. How it ended up in NJD’s possession. A flashback showed JH hurriedly exiting the vehicle he was in with NJD it was raining and NJD gave him an umbrella. Did he dropped the phone in the van? According to NJD that the police returned the phone to him.

6 hours ago, nrllee said:

O…and the typo by JH for that last text that didn’t send to SB.  He meant to type “I am going to kill him.”  Instead he typed “I am going to kill myself”.  Another red herring.

i dont know how the text JH texted sounds like in the korean language. Its sounds too far fetched in english

• Like 3

Episode 14 was just so much "OMO, OMO, OMO :o:wacko::( !!!"

What the... ugh.

I guess I'm happy to have been proven wrong about Joong-do murdering his own son. And I'm also happy to know that Woo-jae isn't a killer.

But wow, I'm really sad.

Why did Yeo-jin stay in this house? My guess is that she wanted to protect Hye-ju from the truth. Or just protect her from Joong-do. And when confronted, she "admitted to the affair" because that's actually better than the truth.

I think Yeo-jin was able to go on and pretend nothing was wrong for years until Joong-do decided he was going to make "justice for sexual assault victims" his key issue. Yeo-jin probably choked on the outrageous hypocrisy and couldn't take it anymore.

That's my guess, for now, anyway.

The show did a pretty good job keeping us guessing. So who knows what finale week will bring.

The actor who plays Ji-hoon is very well cast. He looks so much like Park Hee-soon, the actor who plays Joong-do.

(I also really hate Seung-hee. Please just shut up.)

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

10 hours ago, nrllee said:

Although now it looks like it wasn’t “an affair”, it was a rape.  If it was a rape, then it’s unlikely that YJ would continue to sleep with NJD.  And it makes no sense that YJ would continue to live in the same house which would leave her open to more abuse?  She’s not a minor with nowhere to escape to?  Even if NJD was drunk and she excused him for it, it makes no sense that she would live there for 5 years in constant fear that he would come knocking again?  That afternoon when NJD returned early in the afternoon and JH/SB saw them downstairs, did they have a lover’s tryst?

In SK and other countries, family honor, respected and esteemed reputation above all is highly valued and shame, loss of honor and reputation could be a cause for suicide. YJ must feel the guilt and shame of being known as the shameless betrayer/concubine. That would be a cause for suicide just like the med student who was known to have used call girls and then threatened to expose pictures of the secret call girl who refused his "calls". He committed suicide for loss of honor and reputation. Even though YJ was shameless in having an affair with a husband of a friend right under her roof, she did it anyway and now she claims rape that she was found out. It is hard to believe that the sex was not consensual because as we are all asking why then did she stay for years in the home of an abuser, unless there were circumstances we don't yet know or YJ just liked the privilege. or maybe she thought HJ would be the one to leave. But then it could also be repeated abuse which brings up the question of why she stayed? The viewers want to know??

As for JH, there is still the question of who put the drugs in his pocket after he was found dead and drowned and why?

I hope that HJ and SB will step up to defend JH and clean up his reputation, that he was not a drug addicted rapist and did not get anyone pregnant.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

Was there really an affair or was it rape? The conversation between NJD and YJ that JH overheard went something like, YJ to NJD : “it may be a mistake for you but i was tormented ever since”.

Like you i cant understand why YJ would go on living in the house if she was rape by NJD.

It was unclear.  That’s why I was wondering if he came home drunk which is why he said it was “a mistake”.  And if it was “a mistake” then chances are he would be careful not to repeat it?  Otherwise it would’ve been multiple “mistakes”? <_<  Even then, I can’t understand how she would continue to live in the same house knowing how easily it could happen again.  

You mentioned in an earlier post about JH’s phone. It was never brought up in ep14. How it ended up in NJD’s possession. A flashback showed JH hurriedly exiting the vehicle he was in with NJD it was raining and NJD gave him an umbrella. Did he dropped the phone in the van? According to NJD that the police returned the phone to him.

He can’t have dropped it in the van after he saw his dad because time stamp for when he was seen in CCTV entering the toilet block was 1:10am. (Don’t ask me why the time has so many numbers on it.  I just read 1:10am?)

spacer.png

He only just texted and made the phone calls at 1:07am and 1:08am.  So he had to have had his phone on him just before he headed into the toilet block.  Potentially, he texted and made the phone calls to SB in the taxi on the way to the Han River just before he got to the toilet block.  

spacer.png

I think we’re confused because we’re shown potential versions of the true events (which aren’t really true?).  Like when we see JH texting in the rain next to the Han River and then walking into the river on his own after texting “I am going to kill myself”.  That’s not how it really unfolded.  It’s just what HJ would’ve envisioned in her head as she read the texts on the phone that she found.

Now that we know the true version of events (pieced together from the true account of people who know), I am still wondering where the phone would’ve been dropped.  WJ followed him to the toilet block.  WJ claims he “caught him in the act”.  He wouldn’t have gone to the toilet block because he wasn’t captured on CCTV.   He must’ve just seen him exit the toilet block?  Then next we see is the 2 of them by the banks of the river (away from the toilet block).  WJ yells at JH for doing drugs and then tells him to throw it away and follow him.  There was no altercation or anything pushing which could’ve resulted in the phone being dropped out of his pocket or anything?  JH had the burner phone in his pocket when his body was found.  Did he leave his real phone in the toilet block?  Which seems rather odd?  We’ll just have to wait and see if they tell us.  It’s a bit hard to figure out because it’s hard to work out if what we’ve seen in the footage is reality or if it’s just something playing out in someone’s mind as the facts are recounted or revealed to them.  

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4

Trolley: Episodes 13-14

by missvictrix

Trolley1314_1.jpg

The only way to describe the penultimate week of our the drama is: harrowing. From new revelations to an utterly shocking inversion of what we thought we knew, this week delivers a mix of chills, thrills, and a river of tears. Can I go home now?

EPISODES 13-14 WEECAP

Though Trolley has been drama that consistently builds tension as it progresses, this week it reached a zenith that feels almost impossible. Despite being full of dramatic and mature themes from the start, there is something in the way that Trolley gracefully doles out information that makes it land with so much more impact than if things were smashed or voices were raised.

And so, we open with Hye-joo confronting Joong-do over where he really was the night Ji-hoon died, and before he opens his mouth, Joong-do’s bomb swallow says it all. Hye-joo asks him to clarify, since she can’t put all the pieces together but knows he lied about something, and he refuses to answer. This shatters Hye-joo.

Before they can even get to the bottom of this mess, though, Seung-hee finally snaps and writes a post telling the story of the past incident from the eyes of her (lying) mother. It goes viral, and now the TV appearance is even more necessary. Joong-do presses Hye-joo to make a public statement again, but it’s not until Yoon-seo — her only flesh and blood — starts to question her mother’s side of the story that she agrees to do it. Of the truckload of heartbreaks and betrayals this drama has offered us thus far, I think seeing Yoon-seo question her mother was one of the worst.

In a move he’ll likely come to regret forever, Joong-do decides they should wait a day before the TV appearance to let the “wildfire” go crazy a little more. Woo-jae cautions that his wife will suffer all the more, but Joong-do’s go-to answer remains steady: yeah but it’s for the greater good.

Before they can even get to the bottom of this mess, though, Seung-hee finally snaps and writes a post telling the story of the past incident from the eyes of her (lying) mother. It goes viral, and now the TV appearance is even more necessary. Joong-do presses Hye-joo to make a public statement again, but it’s not until Yoon-seo — her only flesh and blood — starts to question her mother’s side of the story that she agrees to do it. Of the truckload of heartbreaks and betrayals this drama has offered us thus far, I think seeing Yoon-seo question her mother was one of the worst.

In a move he’ll likely come to regret forever, Joong-do decides they should wait a day before the TV appearance to let the “wildfire” go crazy a little more. Woo-jae cautions that his wife will suffer all the more, but Joong-do’s go-to answer remains steady: yeah but it’s for the greater good.

Hye-joo is in a self-described “living hell” at this point, with Joong-do refusing to answer her questions. “Do you know how it feels when the husband I love is hiding something from me? I feel like I don’t know you anymore.” (Girl, just wait!) Finally, Joong-do decides to confess that he met Ji-hoon that night. And, as we have come to expect from this drama, there’s always a convincing response or reaction that takes things down a notch from the crazy to the understandable — I felt guilty over scolding him, I didn’t want you to know, blah blah blah. And so, as Joong-do pleads his side of the story again, and our couple is (mostly) reconciled.

Hye-joo wakes late in the night to pouring rain, which sends her to her studio to tend to the dehumidifier. Then, in the pouring rain, umbrella to umbrella, she meets Soo-bin. Soo-bin has next-level information to drop. We learned, sadly and slowly, that Joong-do is a lying lizard, but Soo-bin now blurts out the truth she’s long been hiding: that Joong-do and Yeo-jin are having an affair. It’s a heck of a cliffhanger, but our next episode digs into this more, with all the dialogue and flashbacks and proof you need to believe this is the truth.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/02/trolley-episodes-13-14/

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2