Poll: Dramas You are Looking Forward To (March-June)

Sleepy Owl

Dramas You are Looking Forward To (March-June)  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which upcoming Kdrama are you looking forward to (Choose As many as you like)

• Tomorrow
    • My Liberation Notes
    • Our Blues
    • It's Beautiful Now
    • Monstrous
    • Again My Life
    • Shooting Stars
    • Green Mothers' Club
    • The Killer's Shopping List
    • Love All Play
    • Secret House
    • From Now Showtime!
    • Insider
    • Eurachacha My Life
    • Link: Eat, Love, Die
    • Eve's Scandal
    • Pachinko
    • Juvenile
    • Juvenile Delinquency
    • None of the Above/Something else (Please Mention)
  2. 2. Which upcoming Kdrama are you looking forward to (Choose As many as you like)

• Red Heart
    • Dr. Lawyer
    • Why Her?
    • The Police Station Next to Fire Station
    • The Sound of Magic
    • Return
    • Adamas
    • Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong
    • None of the Above/Something else (Please Mention)
    • Soundtrack #1

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/24/2022 at 08:00 AM

I will also be watching Big Mouth and Tell me your wish :).

21 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

That happens a lot to me too 

Is "Moving" airing date confirmed? I didn't see it anywhere.  I am adding "Soundtrack #1" to the poll as well 

Aww hugs, I don't think so (About moving).

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

On 3/21/2022 at 9:08 AM, africandramalover said:

Tomorrow - For Kim Hee Sun and the cutie with the deep voice :tongue:

Are you talking about my Lee Soo Hyuk oppa (2%)? He's one of @joccu's favorite oppas! :love:

lee-soo-hyuk.02.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I will be watching Tomorrow as well even though he won't get the girl again :bawling:

On 3/21/2022 at 12:39 PM, YongZura⁷ said:

@Sleepy Owl I know only one and going to click None for the second part but it doesn't give me the permission to submit. So, I'll do it again later after I study the given list.

Chingu, just choose "None of the Above/Something else (Please Mention)" because the None option doesn't work in our polls. :kiss_wink:

On 3/21/2022 at 1:13 PM, frozentundra said:

Big Mouth 

Me too! It features Kwakkie as a fraudster! :loveu:

On 3/21/2022 at 5:26 PM, agenth said:

feat. Mr. Looks-Gorgeous-In-Long-Hair:

NOT THE HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rage:

Season 1 Episode 6 GIF by Friends

I love my Ji Chang Wook oppa but the long hair is too much. :crybaby:

20 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

As daily kdrama fan , I am interested in it's beautiful now :mrgreen:

I will be watching this too. But it's a weekend drama, not a daily. My first weekend drama since 2014. :grimace:

I will also eagerly be waiting to be tagged on the Eurachacha My Life thread every time abs appear. Since it features the guy with the good abs. :lollipop:

Happy Spongebob Squarepants GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Thanks for the tag @Sleepy Owl! Uhm, I wish I can make a definite choice among the selections. :sweatingbullets: I'm the sort of drama watcher who would set aside time to watch the whole thing if something I saw (e.g. an effortlessly natural gesture or facial expression) or heard (BGM) piqued my attention. 

• Love 6

On 3/21/2022 at 1:27 PM, Yinye said:

I have no idea hahaha I haven’t kept up with the info about the new dramas to come. Maybe this weekend, I will take a look and see. 

On 3/21/2022 at 2:23 PM, Lmangla said:

same!! I also keep forgetting the synopsis as none of them have stood out to me. when they start airing, if anything strikes my fancy, will take a look but not looking forward to any specific drama per se. 

I am usually opposite in this case, I check out MDL and Asianwiki on daily basis and look out for the announcements of new dramas, its synopsis and cast list :piggydance:

On 3/21/2022 at 2:43 PM, frozentundra said:

I'm looking forward to: 

Big Mouth 

Moving

Both of these are Disney Plus, so I'm unsure when they will even be available to me, as so far, Disney hasn't bothered to show their Kdramas in my country until well after they are done in Korea. Hopefully they change this by the time these two air...

Both dramas seem pretty interesting to me, especially "Moving". Do we have any tentative date set for it since I am unable to see any online. 

Reading "Moving" synopsis gave me kinda "Uncanny Counter" vibes, and I hope it will be as good or maybe even better than that drama given its impressive cast list :hooray:

On 3/21/2022 at 3:39 PM, gm4queen said:

And I don't know if it's just me but many K-dramas have failed to catch my interest lately! Is it because I am still waiting for my favorite guy Choi Daniel's upcoming drama for 2 years?? :( Currently watching A Business Proposal. It's so much fun! 

Chingu the way Daniel Choi's drama has been getting delayed, I wonder if it will air in 2022 or not :sweats:

I plan to watch "Business Proposal" too, but want it to end and binge-watch it :exercice:

On 3/21/2022 at 4:03 PM, the_sweetroad said:

Looking forward to:

Our Blues as it's the same writer as Dear My Friends

My Liberation Diary as it's the same writer as My Mister

This is interesting, I didn't know that. I was mainly on board for both dramas because the synopsis looked interesting and the cast list was good too :eats:

On 3/21/2022 at 7:17 PM, angela0612 said:

It's the main reason why I'm waiting for "Dr. Lawyer" to be shown.:)

Dr. Lawyer seems to be a new concept here as its synopsis suggests. I will be checking out this drama too :coolshades:

On 3/21/2022 at 11:09 PM, CallieP said:

Pachinko

On 3/22/2022 at 7:10 AM, CarolynH said:

It would kinda weird if I didn't vote for Pachinko :joy: so that's one vote.  My other went to the Killer's Shopping List--I think that's the one with the guy from Running Man, right?  Might be fun to watch.

Pachinko surely seems to be the most anticipated drama of 2022, isn't it? :eats:

21 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I will also be watching Big Mouth and Tell me your wish :).

"Tell me your wish" seems like the drama where you might need to restock your tissue papers :sweats:

This drama is surely on my watch list too, but these kind of dramas depend on what mood I am in, so I might or might not watch it when it airs depending on what dramas I am watching at that time. 

12 hours ago, partyon said:

I will be watching Tomorrow as well even though he won't get the girl again :bawling:

The day this guy will get a girl in drama, it would be safe to say that the world is coming to an end :loolz:

11 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I'm looking forward to any good makjangs/dailies. :relieved:

A good makjang is something I look forward to as well, but again it depends on my mood and what dramas I am watching usually :exercice:

11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Thanks for the tag @Sleepy Owl! Uhm, I wish I can make a definite choice among the selections. :sweatingbullets: I'm the sort of drama watcher who would set aside time to watch the whole thing if something I saw (e.g. an effortlessly natural gesture or facial expression) or heard (BGM) piqued my attention. 

Chingu you seem to be a good watcher. I am not really good watcher if the drama is not as interesting as I thought to be, and FF is my best friend in such cases :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

"Tell me your wish" seems like the drama where you might need to restock your tissue papers 

This drama is surely on my watch list too, but these kind of dramas depend on what mood I am in, so I might or might not watch it when it airs depending on what dramas I am watching at that time. 

Oh yeah for sure it will have me crying.

• Blob 3

4 hours ago, madmad min said:

Oh Dear I don't know anyone's cast other than Pachinko lmao. So Looking forward to Pachinko hahaha.

@Sleepy Owl Next time I think you will need to provide us with the casts and synopses. :D I was also struggling to vote 'cause I didn't know what some of the dramas were about.

:joy:

• LOL 3

13 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Chingu you seem to be a good watcher. I am not really good watcher if the drama is not as interesting as I thought to be, and FF is my best friend in such cases :joy:

LOL, I've watched some obscure, unpopular dramas, and more often than not, I was pleasantly surprised. :lol: 

I was sold to one recent drama I finished just by the micro-expressions and speaking eyes of the protagonist. The drama plot itself is not new, but the acting, the stark contrast when FL found out the betrayal to when she took back everything in sly and more is worth the time watching it. :)

Hmm, I don't FF, LOL, I just drop the drama once I see dead eyes and stiff acting for important characters no matter how popular it is in the ratings.

• Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, partyon said:

@Sleepy Owl Next time I think you will need to provide us with the casts and synopses. :D I was also struggling to vote 'cause I didn't know what some of the dramas were about.

Agree he he ....  Nowadays, I will either check whatever Netflix recommended or pick at random.

• Blob 3

18 hours ago, partyon said:

I totally agree Noona, since even I had to check out the Asianwiki/MDL page of some of the dramas as I forgot what they were about :facepalm:

17 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I was sold to one recent drama I finished just by the micro-expressions and speaking eyes of the protagonist. The drama plot itself is not new, but the acting, the stark contrast when FL found out the betrayal to when she took back everything in sly and more is worth the time watching it. :)

Chingu seems like an interesting drama, tell me which one is it :eats:

17 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Hmm, I don't FF, LOL, I just drop the drama once I see dead eyes and stiff acting for important characters no matter how popular it is in the ratings.

I don't usually drop the dramas. As long as the plot is interesting enough, and the acting is not that horrible, I can go on :joy:

10 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Agree he he ....  Nowadays, I will either check whatever Netflix recommended or pick at random.

I usually keep an eye on the dramas I am interested at :exercice:

• Love 1
  • Blob 2

@Sleepy Owl Moving is based on the webtoon/manhwa of the same name, and it's much loved in Korea. It's a superheroes spy action sort of story, but with a strong emphasis on family. It's 20 episodes and they are still filming right now. It is coming out from Disney and is supposed to hit screens in Korea in the second half of 2022, but Disney so far as a whole hasn't really figured out how Kdramas work in the sense that there normally are no national boundaries? Generally, if a drama releases in Korea, it releases worldwide at the same time. So far it seems Disney hasn't been airing Kdramas outside of Korea until they have completely finished airing domestically. So who knows when it will be available worldwide. The manhwa is really good, though. It kinda has two timelines--the parents' generation when they were secret agents (with supernatural powers), and then the kids' generation when they are at school after their parents try to hide their powers, only someone is after the kids. And so then both generations have to work together to defeat Bad Guys. There are some storylines that aren't fully fleshed out in the manwha that I think will be more complete in the drama, so I'm interested to see how they handle this. 

@the_sweetroad Yes, Big Mouth was recently changed to Disney as they offered a very large sum for it. I am sure they will do a great job but I admit to the same dismay here as with Moving in terms of when they will get around to showing it beyond Korea. Especially since it's Lee Jong Suk's comeback drama after two years of military and a year of him working his tail off only to have all films on backlog from covid. The articles keep saying "first half of 2022," but as yet no one has put an actual date on the thing. And they are still filming. (But surely they have to be done soon, it's been going on since like September?) 

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

24 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

Especially since it's Lee Jong Suk's comeback drama after two years of military and a year of him working his tail off only to have all films on backlog from covid. The articles keep saying "first half of 2022," but as yet no one has put an actual date on the thing.

I hear you. I'm a huge fan of Lee Sun Kyun, and he had at least 3 or 4 films in the hopper whose filming or release had been delayed by Covid. One of them, Kingmaker, finally came out earlier this year. I think it's for rent on Viki USA right now, but in my region it's not available :(. And his other films just say "release date = 2021" (obviously not) or 2022, or nothing.

I'll look out for Big Mouth. I'm always interested in LJS's shows/ movies even if I haven't been able to watch many of them yet.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

Most of the time the drama I am attracted to are not popular and am the only one watching and posting LOL, like in Reflection of You and now Kill Heel. Upcoming dramas? Red Heart probably a possibility

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3