COUPANG PLAY DRAMA 2022

UNICORN

Unicorn-poster.jpeg

Drama: Unicorn

Hangul:유니콘

Genre: sitcom

Network: Coupang Play

Episodes: 12

Director: Lee Byeong Heon (Be Melodramatic, Ultimate Weapon Alice , Extreme Job), Kim Hye Young (Be Melodramatic)

Writer: Yoo Byung-jae (The Superman Age) , In Ji Hye (Extraordinary You)

Release Date: August 2022- September 30, 2022

Runtime: Friday, 8 p.m. KST

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

Cast

Shin Ha Kyun as Steve

Won Jin Ah as Ashley

Bae Yoo Ram as Jesse

Kim Wook as Philip

Lee Yoo Jin as Jay

Kim Young-ah as Monica

Lee Jung-ok as Kwak Seong-beom

Bae Yoon-kyung as Carol

Heo Jun-seok as Lee Geun-ho

Kim Dae Gun as Lee Kang-hwi

Lee Gyu-Hyun  as Tae-ju

Hong Ju won as

Posters

Unicorn-tp01.jpeg

Won-Jin-Ah-1437x2048.jpeg

YCMVWWLUCL6CTE6AZRDQVMXGA4.jpg

unicorn_collage2.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 2

Shin Ha Kyun And Won Jin Ah Confirmed For New Sitcom Written By Yoo Byung Jae

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Mar 17, 2022
by L. Kim

Coupang Play will release an original sitcom titled “Unicorn” (literal title)!

On March 17, it was confirmed that actors Shin Ha Kyun and Won Jin Ah will be starring in “Unicorn.” The sitcom will be directed by Lee Byeong Heon of “Extreme Job” and “Melo Is My Nature” and Kim Hye Young, who also co-directed “Melo Is My Nature.” It will be penned by Yoo Byung Jae and In Ji Hye of “Extraordinary You.

Coupang Play has established itself as an emerging powerhouse in the domestic content market with a series of hits that has achieved great results. Expectations are high for their next project “Unicorn,” which includes a solid lineup of actors as well as trustworthy directors and writers.

Shin Ha Kyun, who was loved for his acting in “Beyond Evil” and won the Best Actor award at the Baeksang Arts Awards, will enhance the sitcom with an even more upgraded acting in “Unicorn.” On top of that, Won Jin Ah, who recently garnered attention with her diverse acting in “Hellbound” and “New Year Blues,” will play a completely different role from her previous projects.

Kim Sung Han, the Head of Coupang Play, commented, “I am happy to bring big laughter through the new original sitcom ‘Unicorn’ with the top production cast and crew in Korea. Please look forward to it.”

“Unicorn” will be released in the summer of 2022.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1517791wpp/shin-ha-kyun-and-won-jin-ah-confirmed-for-new-sitcom-written-by-yoo-byung-jae

• Like 2

Shin Ha-kyun and Won Jin-ah to appear in sitcom 'Unicorn'... Written by Yoo Byung-jae

image_readtop_2022_246549_16474931254978

Actors Shin Ha-kyun and Won Jin-ah will appear in Yoo Byung-jae's 'Unicorn'.

Coupang Play's new original sitcom 'Unicorn' draws attention with the combination of creative director Lee Byung-hun, director Kim Hye-young, writer Yoo Byeong-jae, and writer In-hye In.

Director Lee Byung-hun, who received a lot of love from the public for his novel setting and lines with a unique sense of humor, from 'Extreme Job' that mobilized 10 million viewers to the drama 'Melo is constitution', takes on the role of creative director, Director Kim Hye-young, who captured all the laughs, is in charge of directing.

The screenplay is based on writer Yoo Byung-jae, who has brought laughter through black comedy such as 'SNL' and Netflix's 'B's Joke', as well as active TV activities, and the drama 'Extraordinary You' Written by In-Hye In, the author adds perfection.

As Shin Ha-kyun showed impressive performances in 'Extreme Job', etc., he is planning to perform a hard carry with an upgraded performance in 'Unicorn'. Won Jin-ah, who recently received public attention once again with the movie ‘Happy New Year’ following the Netflix original ‘Hell’, appeared as a completely different character from before, raising expectations even more by foretelling her acting transformation.

Kim Seong-han, general manager of Coupang Play, said, "I'm happy to be able to show a big smile through the new original sitcom 'Unicorn' with Korea's top-notch production crew and actors. Please look forward to it,” he said, showing confidence in his work.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2022/03/246549/

• Like 3

March 17 2022

Shin Ha-Kyun & Won Jin-A cast in Coupang Play drama series “Unicorn”

Unicorn-CP-tp2.jpeg

Shin Ha-Kyun and Won Jin-A cast in Coupang Play drama series “Unicorn.” The drama series will be setup as a sitcom and also have director Lee Byeong-Hun (“Be Melodramatic“) participating as a creative director for the series. More details about the drama series will be released at a later date

“Unicorn” will stream on Coupang Play sometime this summer in South Korea.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/shin-ha-kyun-won-jin-a-cast-in-coupang-play-drama-series-unicorn

I will look forward to watch this drama. Shin Ha Kyun in a comedy drama. Yay I hope we`ll have subtitles.

• Like 3

@larus what's the plot all about? Same with you looking forward to this. And sitcom too!  A good actor will always deliver no matter what genre. Hoping this will be  smart witty fun drama.

Coupang Play was the one who did drama One Ordinary Day (2021 fav). I'm expecting this to be good. I hope.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jongski said:

@larus what's the plot all about? Same with you looking forward to this. And sitcom too!  A good actor will always deliver no matter what genre. Hoping this will be  smart witty fun drama.

Coupang Play was the one who did drama One Ordinary Day (2021 fav). I'm expecting this to be good. I hope.

@larus @jongski sure, that would be awesome. I appreciate this update, and I look forward to hearing from you again soon. thanks for letting us know. :D

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jongski said:

A change of genre. Waiting for this! 

I can't too!  the post below was promo for something else but imagining SHK in a sitcom in this way pure joy!

*all twts ctto as tag*

hai @jongski .. thank you for sharing with us, jongski. :D long hair for men is one of those hairstyle trends that never seems to fade. :D as one of South Korean most talented actors, Shin Ha Kyun Oppa's hair has transitioned between many different lengths and styles. wow.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Bae Yoo Ram confirmed cast for Coupang Play sitcom  Unicorn, He will act Jesse who is the secretary of McCom’s CEO. Although he has a splendid visual and underdog pride, he is actually a mamaboy who has been loved and thoroughly educated since childhood.

• Like 2

Kim Wook casts in Coupang Play sitcom 'Unicorn'... Acting with Shin Ha-kyun and Won Jin-ah

L7IEKYZ72FUSOBJZBPPYKFA3ZM.jpg

Actor Kim Wook will appear in Coupang Play's original sitcom 'Unicorn'.

The original sitcom 'Unicorn', prepared ambitiously by Coupang Play in 2022, is led by Lee Byung-hun, creative director of 'Extreme Job' and 'Melodrama,' director Kim Hye-young of 'Melo is constitution', and writer Yoo Byung-jae of 'SNL' and 'Somehow. Writer In-Hye In-Hye of 'Discovered a Day' is already a hot topic, boasting the power of the production crew.

In addition, the unique character combination of 'Unicorn' is another expectation point. Kim Wook joined a solid lineup of actors such as Shin Ha-kyun, Won Jin-ah, and Bae Yu-ram, heralding a fresher fun and chemistry.

In the play, Kim Wook takes on the role of Philip, an employee of the marketing team of McComb, a startup company. With his looks and passion for work that draws everyone's attention, he is a 'mere light' in the company, but when you get to know him, he is a reversal of character with fatal flaws.

Kim Wook made his debut in the 2016 drama 'Neighborhood Hero', and has since debuted in movies 'Ansi Castle', dramas 'Miss Hammurabi', 'Bad Papa', 'Melting Me', 'The King: Eternal Monarch', etc., regardless of role or weight. While firmly building his own character and building filmography, he is proving his infinite potential by being selected as one of the most anticipated films in 2022, including the sitcom 'Unicorn' and the recent movie 'Secrets I can't tell'.

Through his agency Yuborn Company, Kim Wook said, “I am thrilled and happy to be part of the project. I will do my best with a grateful heart to become a lovely 'Philip' who can bring laughter and emotion to viewers. We ask for a lot of interest and anticipation in the future.”

Meanwhile, Coupang Play's original sitcom 'Unicorn' starring Kim Wook is scheduled to be released this summer.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2022/04/14/DJU5MGM44NKCOXMYAS4ADW4D5Y/

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

July 11 2022

Teaser poster & air date set for Coupang Play drama “Unicorn”

Unicorn-tp01.jpeg

Teaser poster and August, 2022 air date set for Coupang Play drama series “Unicorn” starring Shin Ha-Kyun and Won Jin-A. The teaser poster shows Shin Ha-Kyun as CEO Steve of startup company McComb. His face is on the cover of a magazine.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: A sitcom drama series that depicts the chaotic struggles of CEO Steve (Shin Ha-Kyun) and his crew at startup McComb.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-poster-air-date-set-for-coupang-play-drama-unicorn

Coupang Play to release sitcom 'Unicorn' starring Ha-kyun Shin next month

image_readtop_2022_609996_0_081211.jpg

Actor Shin Ha-kyun transforms into a startup CEO. Coupang Play announced on the 11th that the sitcom 'Unicorn' starring Shin Ha-kyun will be released next month.

'Unicorn' depicts the struggle of Steve (Shin Ha-kyun), the CEO of start-up 'Maccom', and his team members. Shin Ha-kyun plays Steven, who has a clever yet innocent personality.

Broadcaster and writer Yoo Byung-jae is in charge of the script, and director Kim Hye-young of 'Melo is Constitution' is in charge of directing.

https://www.mk.co.kr/news/culture/view/2022/07/609996/

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Unicorn,유니콘 -Shin Ha Kyun & Won Jin Ah- Premiered in August 2022

From Ha-Kyun Shin to Jin-A Won Won in ‘Unicorn’, the powerful unions united in a comic breath.

TXOMA6P7M2NYMUYHT6E3CN6IXI.jpg

The scene of the script reading of 'Unicorn', which was united in a colorful combination, was released.

On the July 20th, Coupang Play sitcom 'Unicorn' released still cuts of the script reading scene in which actors of various facets such as Shin Ha-kyun, Won Jin-ah, Lee Yu-jin, Kim Young-ah, and Lee Jung-ok participated.

'Unicorn' is a sitcom about the chaotic K-startup struggle between Steve (Shin Ha-kyun), CEO of McComb, and the crew.

Prior to the full-scale filming, the recent script reading was attended by creative director Lee Byung-hun of the movie 'Extreme Job', which mobilized 10 million viewers, director Kim Hye-young, writer Yoo Byung-jae, creative writer In-hye In, etc.

Next, Ha-kyun Shin, who plays the role of Steve, the CEO of McComb, a fictional K-startup company, and Jin-ah Won, who plays the role of Ashley, the future innovation and creativity team, an indispensable and smart employee, showed a fantastic breath.

In addition, Lee Yoo-jin of the Future Innovation and Creativity Team's role as Jay, Kim Young-ah of the HR team member Monica, Lee Jung-ok of the development team's Kwak Seong-beom role, and Bae Yu-ram of Steve's secretary Jessie were in attendance. In addition, Bae Yoon-kyung, who plays Carol of the marketing team, Kim Wook, who plays Philip of the marketing team, and Heo Jun-seok, who plays Steve's Angsook Lee Geun-ho, have been introduced.

With a large number of unique production crews and actors participating and foretelling explosive synergy, anticipation for 'Unicorn', which will bring a fresh laugh with K-startup as a material, is rising.

Writer Yoo Byung-jae said, "I am more excited to see the lines I wrote live through the actors' mouths, and I am looking forward to the future." I will do my best to make good works by working hard with the staff and staff.” Next, Won Jin-ah said, "I'm so excited and excited to be with good people," and "I'll see you soon with an exciting work that will add even more heat in August."

https://biz.chosun.com/entertainment/tv/2022/07/20/EUYHQQY5AXLEP3EPZOZQINXDLY/

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Shin Ha Kyun, Won Jin Ah, Yoo Byung Jae, And More Attend Script Reading For “Unicorn”

Coupang Play’s upcoming original sitcom “Unicorn” (literal title) is gearing up for its premiere by releasing new photos from its script reading!

Written by Yoo Byung Jae, “Unicorn” will follow the riveting tale of Steve (played by Shin Ha Kyun), the slightly mad mastermind behind the fictional company McCom, and his crew as they navigate the chaotic battlefield of Korean start-ups.

Attending the reading were cast members Shin Ha Kyun, Won Jin Ah, Lee Yoo Jin, Kim Young Ah, Lee Joong Ok, Bae Yoo Ram, Bae Yoon Kyung, Kim Wook, and Heo Joon Suk.

The creative minds behind the show were also present, including “Extreme Job” and “Melo Is My Nature” director Lee Byeong Heon, “Melo Is My Nature” co-director Kim Hye Young, Yoo Byung Jae, and “Extraordinary You” writer In Ji Hye.

unicorn-800x800.jpg

Shin Ha Kyun and Won Jin Ah displayed incredible chemistry as Steve and Ashley, one of Steve’s smartest employees and a member of the innovation team at McCom.

Shin Ha Kyun commented, “I laughed so much throughout the reading because the script is so funny. I will do my best in working together with all of my co-stars and the staff members to create a great show.”

Won Jin Ah added, “I’m feeling elated and excited because I get to work together with such great people. I’ll soon be greeting you this August with a fun show that will add to the heat of the summer.”

shin-ha-kyun-1-540x809.jpg

Spoiler

won-jin-ah-540x810.jpg

Lee Yoo Jin from “Do You Like Brahms?” and “Melo Is My Nature” will play Jay, another member of the innovation team. Kim Young Ah will be playing Monica from human resources, while Lee Joong Ok will take on the role of Kwak Sung Bum from the development team.

Spoiler

lee-yoo-jin-540x810.jpg

kim-young-ah-540x810.jpg

Bae Yoo Ram from “Taxi Driver” and “Nothing Serious” will play Jessie, Steve’s secretary. Meanwhile, Bae Yoon Kyung from “The King’s Affection” and Kim Wook from “The King: Eternal Monarch” will play Carol and Philip from the marketing team respectively.

Finally, Heo Joon Suk from “Sweet Home,” “Melo Is My Nature,” and “Our Beloved Summer” will play Steve’s nemesis Lee Geun Ho.

Spoiler

bae-yoo-ram-540x810.jpg

bae-yoon-kyung-540x810.jpg

kim-wook-540x810.jpg

heo-joon-suk-540x810.jpg

unicorn1-800x533.jpg

Yoo Byung Jae commented, “It’s even more exciting to see the words I wrote come to life through the mouths of the actors. I’m looking forward to what’s to come.”

“Unicorn” is set to premiere in August.

Shin Ha Kyun, Won Jin Ah, Yoo Byung Jae, And More Attend Script Reading For “Unicorn” | Soompi

• Like 2

Won Jin Ah Is The Employee Of The Month In Eccentric Poster For Upcoming Drama “Unicorn”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jul 22, 2022
by L. Kim

Coupang Play’s original sitcom “Unicorn” has unveiled a poster starring Won Jin Ah!

Written by Yoo Byung Jae, “Unicorn” will follow the riveting tale of Steve (played by Shin Ha Kyun), the slightly mad mastermind behind McCom, and his crew as they navigate the chaotic battlefield of Korean start-ups.

Won Jin Ah takes the ole of Ashley, one of Steve’s smartest employees and a member of the innovation team at McCom. Fans are looking forward to her transformation as she will showcase a character she has never played before.

The newly released poster with the words “The Outstanding Employee of the Month” features Won Jin Ah as Ashley. There are three figures of Ashley wearing the same unicorn headband, but her expressions are all different. Unlike the Ashley in the center, who is smiling happily while hugging the unicorn doll she got as a reward for her splendid work, the other two figures look less than thrilled. Her smile slowly fades away as her true reaction rises to the surface.

Won-Jin-Ah-1437x2048.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1537342wpp/won-jin-ah-is-the-employee-of-the-month-in-eccentric-poster-for-upcoming-drama-unicorn

• Like 2

Lee Yoo-jin joins Coupang sitcom 'Unicorn'... Acting with Shin Hakyun

NISI20220728_0001051779_web.jpg?rnd=2022

Actor Lee Yoo-jin is working with Shin Ha-kyun. On the 28th, her agency Blossom Entertainment announced, "Lee Yoo-jin will appear in Coupang Play's sitcom 'Unicorn'."

'Unicorn' is a collaboration between creative director Lee Byung-hun of 'Extreme Job', director Lee Byung-hun of 'Extreme Job', director Kim Hye-young of 'Melodrama', writer Yoo Byeong-jae of 'SNL', and creative writer In-hye Inh-hye of 'Extreme Job'. Actors Shin Ha-kyun and Won Jin-ah have teamed up.

In the play, Lee Yoo-jin takes on the role of 'J', a person who joins K-startup McCombs with an unprecedented hiring of the CEO 'Steve (Shin Ha-kyun)' at the clubhouse. While receiving Steve's expectations, he arouses curiosity with a suspicious figure that seems to be hiding something, and depicts the struggle to survive in the harsh startup world.

Lee Yoo-jin made his debut with her MBC 'Goddess of Fire Jeong-i' (2013). Since then, he has appeared in tvN's 'Knowing Wife', JTBC's 'Melodramatic', and SBS' 'Do you like Brahms?' appeared, etc. Lee Yoo-jin said, "I am excited to be able to greet you with a new work," and "It is a work that can give viewers a pleasant laugh, so please look forward to it." Scheduled to be released in August.

https://www.newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20220728_0001959427

Kim Young-ah confirmed to appear in 'Unicorn'... Acting with Shin Ha-kyun and Won Jin-ah

p1065573241406705_925_thum.jpg

Kim Young-a takes on the role of Monica, who has a dream of good luck in the play and came as the general manager of the personnel team of the K-startup McComb. Monica, a former executive of a large corporation, shouts for authority to escape, but in fact, she is a self-contradictory person who has the pride of a large corporation more than anyone else.

In particular, the difficult-to-understand terms that Monica uses for flirting are common among her employees, and she will give viewers a pleasant laugh by exuding different chemistry with her characters in the play.

Kim Young-a is an actress with delicate expressive power regardless of genre in a number of works such as SBS 'Now, We're Breaking Up', Coupang Play Series 'One Day', 'Anna', Netflix 'Boy Judgment', SBS 'Meet the Guy', etc. was solidified.

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2022072894564

From Hong Ju Won Instagram

Coupang Play 'Unicorn' web drama It was a place I had been looking for for a long time. Familiar scenery Unfamiliar people This site was a place where I learned a lot. I was lucky enough to catch a glimpse of great senior's concentration, even for a brief moment, and it was an honor to be able to breathe together, even a little. There's a lot to do. I have to devote myself to Sinab again.^-^

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgT7oSILUp_/

• Like 2