Jigoku Shoujo Aka Hell Girl

Guest goodvibrations

Guest goodvibrations

地獄少女I didn't see a thread for this, so..
JigokuShoujofull164799.jpg
This series is now a manga, anime (which is in its 2nd season) AND live action (that started airing recently).

The gist of the story goes:
QUOTESomewhere in the vast sea of the Internet, there's a website that can only be accessed at the stroke of midnight. Known as the Jigoku Tsushin, rumor has it that if you post a grudge there, the Jigoku Shoujo will appear and drag whoever torments you into the inferno. Very little is known about the girl - all we know for sure is that she lives with her equally enigmatic grandmother, that three magical straw dolls accompany and serve her, and that whenever a posting on the Jigoku Tsushin moves her, she becomes the Jigoku Shoujo.
credit

Volumes: 9 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3096Published by: Del ReyAnime Episodes: 1st Season: 26 + 2nd Season: 26 + 3rd Season: 26*This series has also games and live action drama released
Jigoku-shoujo.jpg

jigoku_shoujo_Wallpaper_by_Favole666.jpg
Enma-Ai-jigoku-shoujo-girl-from-hell-338

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I watched 20 episodes in one day--it's so good image Enma Ai (the Hell Girl) and her entourage of hell friends are absolute hotness.

Each episode in the anime and live action starts as a victim/attacker of the day sort, but a plot gradually develops. image

Here's a fanlisting whose opening page should look familiar to those of you that have watched the show.
click

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Akusesu

the first 15 eps were so boring ahhaha

well... they were ok, but it just got so repetitive..

so my bf and i just watched the last 5 eps when things got good lol

• 5 months later...
Guest Irysinon

I finished the first season and now I'm up to episode 25 on Futakomori. I think it's pretty good actually. Sure, some of the stories can be quite ridiculous, because of the extent that some of these people go to send someone else to Hell, but the overall theme is rather good. It shows the true nature of a human being and how disgusting it is. I like the back and forth references between the two seasons covering important characters. I also like how Futakomori reveals the origins of the three dolls that accompany Enma Ai. It's a good show, if you've got the patience to discover that much.

Guest Romancer.

I watched the first season and the second up to episode 13 or 14 but then stopped because it got too boring and repetative =/

• 3 months later...
Guest Mirae-chan

OMG, I cried twice watching this.. O_O first time an anime ever made me cry. First time was with the twin girls in the circus, and the second was at the end of Futakomori.. those people of Lovely Hills were really evil. ;_________; poor Enma Ai..

You can download Jigoku Shoujo (first season only I think) on www.muffindomain.com =]

Guest Irysinon

I watched the first season and the second up to episode 13 or 14 but then stopped because it got too boring and repetative =/

You should have kept going with season 2. It gets really interesting near the end. It's sad.

I enjoyed the second season more than the first.

Guest simpleandpink

Thanks for the recommendation! Just watched the first episode...thought it was pretty fantastic...I like the story, the animation, and especially the music! Perfect music! The voice acting is pretty good too...

LOL, I was already following the singer SNoW for awhile...and I remember that Sakasama no Chou was an anime OP for something...and now I remember coming across this anime awhile back (but I never watched it)...

• 3 weeks later...

Ah i planned to pick up with this anime again. I got as far as episode 3 but school got hecktic. Some of the people can be freaky but it was nice to see them go to hell. ^_^

Guest Sakura Li

^ The second to last cap pic is of the hottest guy in the anime but this anime doesn't really revolve around hot guys... or romance... XD

And to say the most, it's a little creepy but not really scary. I personally thought some cases were just weird but I liked the anime overall. ^^

Guest buuberry

is this the same as The Girl from Hell? oO

haha the plot sounds the same but the anime doesnt. at least not that i rem. -confused-

Guest simpleandpink

I watched one episode of the live action and I didn't like it at all D=

Anime > Live Action

in so many ways...

I'm like halfway through the second season of the anime...I like her old kimono better :D And I'm totally in love with SNoW's "NightmaRe" [OP Song]

keke, I like Ai-chan's seiyuu...it's Yakumo-kun from School Rumble xD

and Ren [aka Hottest guy in the anime] is also the seiyuu for Kyoya in Ouran xD

• 1 month later...

^ I agree with you. The anime is much more vivid than the live action.

I watched the entire full season but I'm missing a couple of episodes from the futakomori season 2.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, i agree with a lot of peple ahead of me... the earlier episodes were repetative [i found myself using the seeking bar to skip some parts that are kinda slow], however, the series is very dark and makes us look at our actions and the consequences at a whole new level.

i love the artwork and absolutely love Enma ;)

Archived