[Drama 2022] The Law Cafe, 법대로 사랑하라

Maetawinz

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Se Young Is Befuddled By The Ridiculous Party Kim Won Hae Throws For Her In New Rom-Com

KBS has shared a preview of its upcoming drama “Love According to the Law” (literal title).

Based on the hit web novel of the same name, “Love According to the Law” is a romantic comedy about Kim Jung Ho (Lee Seung Gi), a genius former prosecutor-turned-libertine landlord, and Kim Yu Ri (Lee Se Young), the eccentric lawyer who becomes his new tenant.

The newly released stills capture Lee Se Young’s vivid performance as she expresses the confusion of her character Kim Yu Ri, who submitted a resignation letter to the big law firm Hwang & Gu. When she returns to the office after another court battle, she is greeted with a chaotic “resignation party” by her boss Mr. Hwang (Kim Won Hae) and fellow co-workers. The large banner behind her reads, “Congratulations on your resignation!” Whereas Kim Yu Ri looks completely dumbfounded, Mr. Hwang is way too pleased as he grins from ear to ear and applauds madly. Before she knows it, she’s blowing out the candles on the cake that was bought to celebrate her departure.

Lee-Se-Young-800x533.jpeg

Lee-Se-Young-1-2-800x533.jpeg

Spoiler

Kim-Won-Hae-800x533.jpeg

Kim-Won-Hae-Lee-Se-Young-800x533.jpeg

This scene was filmed in June. Lee Se Young, who appeared on set with a bright expression, created a friendly atmosphere by sharing various opinions about the scene with Kim Won Hae. When filming started, the two actors faithfully portrayed their roles and showed of their fantastic teamwork, making everyone on the set laugh with their comical acting.

The production team teased that this will be a very hilarious scene and added, “Through ‘Love According to the Law,’ Lee Se Young proved to be a trustworthy actor regardless of genre. Please look forward to the first episode where you will deeply fall for her new charms.”

“Love According to the Law” premieres on August 29 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Lee Se Young Is Befuddled By The Ridiculous Party Kim Won Hae Throws For Her In New Rom-Com | Soompi

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Lee Seung Gi And Lee Se Young Are Awkward But Enthusiastic At 1st Filming For New Rom-Com

KBS has shared an adorable video of Lee Seung Gi and Lee Se Young’s first “Love According to the Law” (literal title) filming!

Based on the hit web novel of the same name, “Love According to the Law” is a romantic comedy about Kim Jung Ho (Lee Seung Gi), a genius former prosecutor-turned-libertine landlord, and Kim Yu Ri (Lee Se Young), the eccentric lawyer that becomes his new tenant. Notably, the drama will mark the reunion of Lee Seung Gi and Lee Se Young, who starred in the hit drama “Hwayugi” together four years ago.

The clip takes viewers back to a sunny spring day in April for the drama’s very first filming. Since it’s their first meeting in awhile for a new project, Lee Seung Gi and Lee Se Young initially have awkward tension, but are slowly and surely able to get used to both each other and their roles.

After their first scene, Lee Seung Gi shyly comments, “Our first filming today…it’s very nice.” Lee Se Young quickly adds, “Yes, it was fun and enjoyable!”

For Lee Seung Gi’s solo scene, he must busily run around with a folder of documents. In between takes, he hydrates and catches his breath before sharing, “I have to run one more time anyway, right? I’m older now so it feels like I’m going to hurt my knee.”

At night, he reunites with Lee Se Young and the two practice accidentally bumping shoulders. Lee Seung Gi asks Lee Se Young to bump him as she normally would but her awkward acting proves she would never hit a stranger, making him comment, “You don’t do this kind of stuff, right?”

Catch the full clip below and check out the stills from this first filming here and here!

[메이킹] 벚꽃 휘날리는 캠퍼스에서... 두근두근 <법대로 사랑하라> 첫 촬영 현장! [법대로 사랑하라] | KBS 방송 - YouTube

Watch: Lee Seung Gi And Lee Se Young Are Awkward But Enthusiastic At 1st Filming For New Rom-Com | Soompi

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Seung Gi Shows Appreciation To Song Seung Heon For Supporting His New Drama

Song Seung Heon sent Lee Seung Gi a gift to the set of his new drama “Love According to the Law” (literal title)!

Based on the hit web novel of the same name, “Love According to the Law” is a romantic comedy about Kim Jung Ho (Lee Seung Gi), a genius former prosecutor-turned-libertine landlord, and Kim Yu Ri (Lee Se Young), the eccentric lawyer that becomes his new tenant.

On July 6, Lee Seung Gi shared a photo of a coffee truck that Song Seung Heon had sent to the drama set. Lee Seung Gi is posing next to a banner that reads, “I hope everyone finishes filming safely and healthily!” The banner on the top reads, “I hope actor Lee Seungi Gi and all the cast and crew will safely finish filming. I wish you big success!” Lee Seung Gi gratefully wrote, “Thank you, Seung Heon hyung.”

Lee-Seung-Gi-2-864x1536.jpg

Lee Seung Gi Shows Appreciation To Song Seung Heon For Supporting His New Drama | Soompi

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Seung Gi Depicts Dual Charms As A Prosecutor-Turned-Landlord In Upcoming Rom-Com

KBS 2TV released new stills of Lee Seung Gi in the upcoming drama “Love According to the Law” (literal title)!

Based on the hit web novel of the same name, “Love According to the Law” is a romantic comedy about Kim Jung Ho (Lee Seung Gi), a genius former prosecutor-turned-libertine landlord, and Kim Yu Ri (Lee Se Young), the eccentric lawyer that becomes his new tenant.

Before Kim Jung Ho became a fun-loving landlord, he was a former prosecutor who was called a “monster genius” because he had the kind of genius that made it possible for him to memorize anything after seeing it just once.

The newly released stills capture Kim Jung Ho’s duality. In one photo, he looks rather innocent and playful with his mischievous smile. His bright track suit closely resembles the happy beam on his face, and he looks so carefree that it makes other people let their guard down around him.

Lee-Seung-Gi-3-768x512.jpg

However, the following stills show a completely different side of him. Wearing a blue track suit, he sharply gazes at someone, and he also makes a phone call with a serious expression. In another photo, he’s actually dressed up in a black suit, and he emits extraordinary charisma as he follows someone. Expectations are high for the double life of the mysterious Kim Jung Ho.

Lee-Seung-Gi-2-1-768x512.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Seung-Gi-4-768x615.jpg

Lee-Seung-Gi-1-1-540x523.jpeg

Lee Seung Gi impressed the staff on set with his passionate performance. In order to show a very different side of Kim Jung Ho, the actor paid special attention to his gazes and expressions. As a result, he was able to breathe life into his character and turn him into a three-dimensional being.

The production team praised him, saying, “Lee Seung Gi is maximizing immersion by flexibly portraying the complex psychology of Kim Jung Ho. Please give lots of attention to ‘Love According to the Law,’ which is the only drama where you’ll be able to see Lee Seung Gi’s infinite expressions.”

Lee Seung Gi Depicts Dual Charms As A Prosecutor-Turned-Landlord In Upcoming Rom-Com | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Seung Gi And Lee Se Young Look At Each Other With Contrasting Expressions In Upcoming Rom-Com

KBS2 has shared new stills of Lee Seung Gi and Lee Se Young in their upcoming drama!

Based on the hit web novel of the same name, “Love According to the Law” (literal title) is a romantic comedy about Kim Jung Ho (Lee Seung Gi), a genius former prosecutor-turned-libertine landlord, and Kim Yu Ri (Lee Se Young), the eccentric lawyer that becomes his new tenant. Notably, the drama will mark the reunion of Lee Seung Gi and Lee Se Young, who starred in the hit drama “Hwayugi” together four years ago.

The newly released stills capture Kim Jung Ho and Kim Yu Ri facing each other in front of a courthouse. Kim Jung Ho, who is wearing a trench coat over a bright red sweatsuit, and Kim Yu Ri, in a white suit with colorful blouse underneath, cast contrasting facial expressions, raising the curiosity of viewers.

lee-seung-gi1-1536x1024.jpeg

lee-se-young5-1536x1024.jpeg

Kim Jung Ho is exuding the charm of a man who is cold on the outside and warm on the inside. He did not want to visit court again, but he rushes to the courthouse at the request of Kim Yu Ri while grunting at the same time. However, Kim Jung Ho, who was looking at Kim Yu Ri with a displeased expression with his arms crossed, soon freezes with a bewildered face at the mysterious offer thrown by Kim Yu Ri, who exclaims in confidence, “Aren’t we the lawyers?”

Spoiler

lee-seung-gi2-1536x1024.jpeg

lee-seung-gi3-1536x1024.jpeg

Another image shows Kim Yu Ri looking around a piece of real estate for sale to open her Law Cafe. Kim Yu Ri, who is wearing a colorful knit shirt and jeans, looks around the first floor of the Eunha Building, which is the first room for sale that she checks, and confirms her move in by saying, “I’ll take this.”

Spoiler

lee-se-young2-1536x1024.jpeg

More stills preview Kim Yu Ri cleaning up in an unusual outfit. She is wearing a tweed jacket, a floral-patterned towel wrapped around her head, and a yellow-checkered apron, showing off her cleaning fashion overloaded with different patterns. This further raises the curiosity of viewers as to whether an eerie space shrouded in darkness and dust can be transformed into a Law Cafe.

Spoiler

lee-se-young3-1536x1024.jpeg

lee-se-young-4-1536x1024.jpeg

lee-se-young4-1536x1024.jpeg

The production team remarked, “The more they work together, Lee Seung Gi and Lee Se Young create greater synergy with their wonderful chemistry. Their chemistry brings about lively joy, and I hope you will give warm support to ‘Love According to the Law’ which will allow you to start your week cheerfully from the first week of September.”

Lee Seung Gi And Lee Se Young Look At Each Other With Contrasting Expressions In Upcoming Rom-Com | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Lee Seung Gi Reflects On His Complicated Relationship With Lee Se Young In Teaser For Upcoming Rom-Com

Upcoming drama “Love According to the Law” (literal title) unveiled an interesting teaser!

Based on the hit web novel of the same name, “Love According to the Law” is a romantic comedy about Kim Jung Ho (Lee Seung Gi), a genius former prosecutor-turned-libertine landlord, and Kim Yu Ri (Lee Se Young), the eccentric lawyer that becomes his new tenant. Notably, the drama will mark the reunion of Lee Seung Gi and Lee Se Young, who starred in the hit drama “Hwayugi” together four years ago.

The teaser is in an interview style where Kim Jung Ho answers questions about himself. When asked about his name and job, he confidently replies, “My name is Kim Jung Ho. I run a lease business, and I’m also a web novel writer.” Concerning his nicknames during his school days, he proudly says, “Monster genius, sexy brain, crazy memorist, and face genius (a term that means someone is visually blessed).” The screen switches to Kim Yu Ri, who scoffs, “Hey, are you kidding me?”

However, Kim Jung Ho’s expression changes when he’s asked why he quit being a prosecutor three years ago. With a shake of his head, he simply says, “Pass,” refusing to answer the question.

The next question mentions his unrequited love with Kim Yu Ri. Kim Jung Ho candidly comments, “I thought it’d be fine if I didn’t see her for a long time. But things have started to become difficult again.” He sighs heavily, hinting that his relationship with Kim Yu Ri is a complicated one.

Watch the full teaser below!

[티저] 검사 출신 한량(?) 갓물주 김정호! 그가 궁금하다면? 9월 5일 월요일 오후 9시 50분 첫 방송 [법대로 사랑하라] | KBS 방송 - YouTube

Watch: Lee Seung Gi Reflects On His Complicated Relationship With Lee Se Young In Teaser For Upcoming Rom-Com | Soompi

New Event: My Soompi Corner- Summer Round-Up :piggydance:

Chingus, so how was the summer of 2022? What dramas have you been watching?  Time to we catch up with each other. Do drop in and share what you have been up to.  

Your friendly, neighbourhood EO Team 

@confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl and @agenth

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Lee Se Young Wants To Know Why Lee Seung Gi Is Avoiding Her In Teaser For New Rom-Com Drama

KBS 2TV has shared a new sneak peek of its upcoming drama “Love According to the Law” (literal translation)!

Based on the hit web novel of the same name, “Love According to the Law” is a romantic comedy about Kim Jung Ho, a genius former prosecutor-turned-libertine landlord, and Kim Yu Ri, the eccentric lawyer that becomes his new tenant. The drama marks the highly-anticipated reunion of Lee Seung Gi and Lee Se Young, who starred in the hit drama “Hwayugi” together four years ago.

The newly released teaser begins with Kim Yu Ri introducing herself as a lawyer who does pro bono work. “People in the industry call me the queen of losing cases,” she scoffs. “I can’t believe it. I don’t want to care about or pay attention to what other people think.”

Despite her old friend Kim Jung Ho making fun of her fashion, the unshakable Kim Yu Ri declares that her dream is to open a café where she can comfortably explain the law to ordinary people in a way that is fair and easy to understand.

However, Kim Yu Ri is openly puzzled by the behavior of her landlord, whom she’s known since her school days. “Instead of helping me, this jerk who’s supposed to be my friend goes around avoiding me!” she exclaims, as the video shows footage of her trailing after Kim Jung Ho and asking him, “Where are you going?” The teaser ends with Kim Yu Ri asking in confusion, “…do you happen to know why he’s avoiding me?”

“Love According to the Law” will premiere on August 29 at 9:50 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the new teaser below!

[티저] 지금은 공익전담 변호사지만 꿈이 카페 사장인 김유리! 그녀가 궁금하다면? 9월 5일 월요일 오후 9시 50분 첫 방송 [법대로 사랑하라] | KBS 방송 - YouTube

Watch: Lee Se Young Wants To Know Why Lee Seung Gi Is Avoiding Her In Teaser For New Rom-Com Drama | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Seung Gi And Lee Se Young Unexpectedly Exchange Eye Contact During A Heated Argument In New Rom-Com

Lee Seung Gi and Lee Se Young are already making hearts flutter in their upcoming drama “Love According to the Law” (literal translation)!

Based on the hit web novel of the same name, “Love According to the Law” is a romantic comedy about Kim Jung Ho (Lee Seung Gi), a genius former prosecutor-turned-libertine landlord, and Kim Yu Ri (Lee Se Young), the eccentric lawyer who becomes his new tenant. Notably, the drama will mark the reunion of Lee Seung Gi and Lee Se Young, who starred in the hit drama “Hwayugi” together four years ago.

The newly released stills depict Kim Jung Ho and Kim Yu Ri engaging in another heated quarrel. The two argue over the real estate contract, which Kim Jung Ho is trying to terminate due to several reasons. However, Kim Yu Ri refuses to back down, and she tells him, “If you want to kick me out, let’s do it according to the law!” The atmosphere rapidly changes when Kim Jung Ho catches Kim Yu Ri before she falls over, and they exchange heart-fluttering eye contact. With subtle hints about their upcoming romance, it will be intriguing to find out how their relationship will change over time.

Lee-Se-Young-Lee-Seung-Gi-1-768x614.jpg

The producers shared, “Lee Seung Gi and Lee Se Young are true actors who lead viewers to immerse [in the drama] with the way they realistically express their emotions. Please look forward to ‘Love According to the Law’ that will give the small screen a lot of romantic comedy sentiments.”

“Love According to the Law” will premiere on August 29 at 9:50 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out a teaser here!

Lee Seung Gi And Lee Se Young Unexpectedly Exchange Eye Contact During A Heated Argument In New Rom-Com | Soompi