Mortal Combat - K-drama Style

partyon

Mortal Combat K-drama Style: FINAL ROUND  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the final fight?

• Ahn Yo Na (Kill Me, Heal Me)
    • Jang Man Wol (Hotel Del Luna)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/27/2022 at 09:00 AM

1 hour ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

Actually, now I see that Hong Ji Ah might not stand a chance against such talented girl ;)

I don't think anyone can stand a chance against Ahn Yo Na - she's quite persistent. :D

She will make a grown man cry. :D

@ferily You voted for both Hong Ji Ah AND Ahn Yo Na? Maybe by mistake? You can only choose one, though. Which one do you choose?  This is a fierce competition for our kdrama characters. :DAlso we don't want Ahn Yo Na after us. Especially @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng:loolz:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

3 was the only one that I had trouble choosing because they're both very capable. Ended up going with HJA. She has to deal with spirits of all kinds all the time, she has to be extremely strong mentally and physically to come out on top with them and in turn would be just as strong against humans, too.

• Love 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 2

16 hours ago, itsmeash said:

3 was the only one that I had trouble choosing because they're both very capable. Ended up going with HJA. She has to deal with spirits of all kinds all the time, she has to be extremely strong mentally and physically to come out on top with them and in turn would be just as strong against humans, too.

I go for Hong Ji Ah, but if you think about it, then fighting for your oppas against other girls (and oppa himself, like here) might be as fierce as fighting against a vengeful spirit... 

:evillaugh:

• LOL 7

@the_sweetroad @MayanEcho Kill Me, Heal Me is really one of those k-drama classics well worth a watch. I watched it back when it aired in 2014(?) and really enjoyed it! :wub:

Our EO oppa Ji Sung plays a chaebol with multiple personality disorder, meaning that we get to see him take on 7 different characters in one drama. Some of them are really hilarious - like the 17 year old teenage girl Ahn Yo Na. :D

But he also plays a character called Perry Park - a middle age man who speaks satoori, loves fishing and building bombs. :D

original.gif

And then we have bad boy Shin Se Gi who all females swooned over as the drama was airing. :love:

shin-se-gi-killme-healme.gif

We even heard him rap :D

cr. to owners

By the way, looks like the ladies are a force to be reckoned with. They're beating all the male contestants in one go.

:ok:

• LOL 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

47 minutes ago, partyon said:

Our EO oppa Ji Sung plays a chaebol with multiple personality disorder, meaning that we get to see him take on 7 different characters in one drama. Some of them are really hilarious - like the 17 year old teenage girl Ahn Yo Na. :D

LOL, what a coincidence that I'm reading right now a story about someone with MPD. I guess I've to move up this drama in my to watch list :P

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 4

47 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

It isn’t easy to be great like man wol :mrgreen:

hahaha too true.

Fight 1: 

Jang Man Wol overpowers Nam Chi Won, who is too much of a gentleman to seriously consider fighting a female. He might look all unemotional, but he does hide a soft heart! Jang Man Wol on the other hand can be kind of ruthless.

Fight 2:

Here two superstars meet, but the male counterpart of Cheon Song Yi manages to outlast her. Why? Joo Won is obnoxious and full of energy, both are obstinate and set to their ways, but Miss Actress does power out easily... 

Fight 3:

Easiest answer for me. Hong Ji Ah's accompanied by her trusty sidekick, Mr. Virgin Oppa. His good looks will instantly dazzle Ahn Yona, who is overcome with her oppa emotions and succumbs quickly to his charms, and Hong Ji Ah coolly steps in to dismantle Yona. 

Daebak Real Estate 대박부동산 [2021] - Page 3 - Joseon Jives - JangHaven

Fight 4:

After thinking a lot, I decided that CEO Jung Seo Hyun will win this fight as Do Bong Soon doesn't really fight females much. Do Bong Soon's speciality lies in beating up gangsters. When faced with the stylish CEO, she will be intimidated :D 

• LOL 5
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I guess I've to move up this drama in my to watch list

It's definitely one worth to be it a shot, the moment Perry Park appear or when Ahn Yo Na makes her entrance... That's great moment, also the chase (additional flavor was the context in which she'd  found herself to be alone with her oppa).

:loolz:

1 hour ago, agenth said:

Mr. Virgin Oppa.

I'd thought it was funny part of the character in context of hunting ghosts and company of a badass female lead, but after watched "The Package" I'd changed my mind... But still he may be a secret weapon.

• LOL 7

Mortal_Combat.jpg

The competition was fierce in the last round! Pretty sure there were some broken bones and bruised egos. 
:sweats:

But in the end, the ladies defeated the remaining men and now we have 4 women in the semi-finals! :love: Guess they were just too unstoppable.

In the following round we have 2 couples left:

1) hotelier vs. bodyguard

2) top star vs. 17 year old oppa fanatic

Who will reach the final round?

:evilelmo:

Please vote!

@Pyar @Nermeen نرمين @leo2020 @gm4queen @TheQueenReturns @CarolynH @msdot @TheaN @Sleepy Owl @4evrkdrama @youactlikeicare @the_sweetroad @larus @Ameera Ali @MayanEcho @joccu @agenth @lexicon @LeftCoastOppa @yong44 @cpjing8 @Idylla Kaizoku @tas82 @itsmeash @tiMadam @confusedheart @andy78 @inna75 @grrly @kokodus @madmad min @rocher22 @Kdramabae @willenette @Lmangla @Sky Kang @ferily @twinkle_little_star @ihyw @YongZura⁷ @africandramalover @ktcjdrama @Thong Thin @Legslo @morningdew @pocca   

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

14 minutes ago, partyon said:

In the following round we have 2 couples left:

1) hotelier vs. bodyguard

2) top star vs. 17 year old oppa fanatic

Who will reach the final round?

17 years old oppa fanatic, what a fitting description. I'm so proud of her(even if I didn't vote for her last time I will now! For the sake of never-lost-yet-somehow-bygone youth).

:please:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Cheon Song Yi for sure. Anyone who has watched MLFTS knows how persistent she is in everything... especially to get her man. Climbing across balconies just to see him comes to mind. That would've been an awful fall but she wanted to see him more than she wanted to live at that moment. 

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 5
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, itsmeash said:

Cheon Song Yi for sure. Anyone who has watched MLFTS knows how persistent she is in everything... especially to get her man. Climbing across balconies just to see him comes to mind.

She IS pretty single-minded when she wants to be, isn't she? :lol:

200.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 1