[Upcoming Drama 2024] Weak Hero Class 2 , 약한영웅 Class 2- Season 2 premieres in 2024

larus

Ok, so this drama was awesome!  I want to ask everyone for comments....but do not want to have any spoilers for those that haven't binged this.  

1) When will Season 2 be available?

2) Will Soo Ho be in the next season?

I think those two questions don't give much away.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Park Ji Hoon Talks Candidly About What It Took To Make His “Weak Hero Class 1” Character Come To Life

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 29, 2022
by AliG

Park Ji Hoon sat down to talk all about his newest project “Weak Hero Class 1”!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Weak Hero Class 1” is an action school drama starring Park Ji Hoon as Yeon Si Eun, a model student who excels at school but is physically frail—making him an easy target for bullies who are jealous of his top grades. Though Yeon Si Eun appears weak on the outside, he eventually uses his brain to win his battles as he fights back against the violence that unfolds both inside and outside of school.

The drama has received plenty of positive reviews with Park Ji Hoon’s skill in bringing the character of Yeon Si Eun to life through his meticulous and eye-catching performance.

“I could never have expected such a great reaction,” the actor admits. “My heart feels so full, and I feel so honored seeing the people’s positive reactions.” He touches on how his image used to be one that was very cute and innocent, marveling along with viewers about how he was able to make such a drastic change for “Weak Hero Class 1.”

He reveals how he researched and studied hard to play the part of Yeon Si Eun convincingly, talking about how he put in effort to lose weight and adjust his posture so that he would appear small and meek. But physical appearance is only just one aspect of Park Ji Hoon’s character. Conjuring up the emotions Yeon Si Eun went through and portraying those on screen was yet another challenge for the actor.

“I thought that the loneliness that Yeon Si Eun felt was similar to the lonely feeling I felt after my activities with Wanna One ended and I went about doing everything on my own,” he explains.

park-ji-hoon-1-1.jpeg

He then goes more into depth about one of the scenes he regards as most important, that scene being where Yeon Si Eun hits himself on the cheek. “In the scene where I hit my cheek, I actually hit myself even during the script reading. That’s how important of a scene I thought it was. I thought that it was a scene that showed Si Eun’s spiteful image for the first time.” He goes on to elaborate more on how it was a one-take shot with Park Ji Hoon not allowing for any mistakes to be made as he committed to his role with little hesitation about preserving his face. “In reality, the next day my face was a little swollen, so I iced it a lot.”

Weak-Hero-3.jpeg

In explaining the details of the other scenes, Park Ji Hoon demonstrates just how invested he was in making Yeon Si Eun come to life on screen. For a scene where Yeon Si Eun laughs for the first time while in the hospital, Park Ji Hoon comments on how he paid close attention to how he laughed, trying to find a balance between too much and too little. In another scene where Yeon Si Eun is meant to hit Oh Beom Seok (Hong Kyung), Park Ji Hoon voiced his opinion about how he thought it would actually be more impactful if he didn’t hit the other, a move that the director agreed with whole-heartedly.

Park Ji Hoon was also quick to praise his co-stars Choi Hyun Wook and Hong Kyung, saying, “Honestly, I think that Yeon Si Eun is a rather detailed character with a framework that has already been decided, so there are limitations as far as what can be expressed. I think that Su Ho (Choi Hyun Wook) and Beom Seok actually worked the hardest.”

He expressed a lot of admiration for Choi Hyun Wook, saying, “He is extremely talented, and there is a lot I can learn from him.” About Hong Kyung, he says, “While I watched him, I thought to myself, ‘I need to act like that,'” describing Hong Kyung’s acting style as one that seems like it is about to cross the line but does not.

“I have a lot of things I still need to work on, and I think I learned a lot by watching these two,” he says. “We got close a bit late, and I wonder to myself why it is we got closer only later. Now that we have gotten closer, the three of us fit together really well,” he adds.

Spoiler

park-ji-hoon-2.jpeg

Finally, Park Ji Hoon describes “Weak Hero Class 1” as a turning point in his acting career. “Being an actor is quite interesting,” he says. “I haven’t filmed a lot of things yet, but as I research the characters in each project, I learn so much. So every single time is a new experience.”

Of course, there were many things he learned while working on “Weak Hero Class 1” as well. “I wasn’t showing a cutesy image but rather wanted to show a diverse and mature but also bad sort of charm. Honestly, there are parts where I really wanted people to recognize my efforts, and I’m thankful to those who liked the drama.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1556263wpp/park-ji-hoon-talks-candidly-about-what-it-took-to-make-his-weak-hero-class-1-character-come-to-life

• Like 2

Sieun is so smart. I didnt expect him to attack the group of his classmates without hesitation. (ep 1)

Suho looks pretty cool in the fight scenes.  :heartxoxo:

ep 4

The boss of that clan is so cruel. But he isnt the main villain. 

The main villain seems to be that congressman, BS's father. (the scene at the end of ep4)

Anyway, we finally saw that Sieun was smiling...  :approves:

• Like 2

Choi Hyun Wook Spills Which “Weak Hero Class 1” Scenes He Improvised, What Movie Made Him Interested In Acting, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 2, 2022
by M. Lim

Choi Hyun Wook has shared his thoughts on playing the loyal and free-spirited Ahn Su Ho in his newest project “Weak Hero Class 1”!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Weak Hero Class 1” is an action school drama starring Park Ji Hoon as Yeon Si Eun, a model student who excels at school but is physically frail—making him an easy target for bullies who are jealous of his top grades. Though Yeon Si Eun appears weak on the outside, he eventually uses his brain to win his battles as he fights back against the violence that unfolds both inside and outside of school.

Choi Hyun Wook plays Ahn Su Ho, one of Yeon Si Eun’s classmates. Ahn Su Ho is a loyal friend and an innately talented fighter who can easily finish his enemies with a single blow. Despite his skill, he never used to be one to start up a fight – until meeting the seemingly weak Yeon Si Eun and taking an interest in how he strategically fights back against his bullies.

Choi Hyun Wook remarked, “There were many lines where Su Ho was being extra sneaky or overly confident and the director praised me a lot for such scenes, telling me I did a good job.” Thanks to Choi Hyun Wook’s continuous efforts to bring his character to life, he was even deemed the “idea bank” by everyone on set. He explained, “I thought about the blank spaces in between the script and I prepared the character by putting myself in Su Ho’s shoes. If while reading the script I thought that the character would be more alive and attractive if I did this or that, I talked to the director and added it to my acting. The director took my opinion so well every time and because our communication was great, I could enjoy myself more freely on set.”

For instance, Choi Hyun Wook shared that viewers would be able to see Su Ho winking in between action scenes. “I thought that such a scene could showcase how chill Su Ho is when he fights.” He also revealed proudly, “The scene where Su Ho is on a motorcycle and throws up a heart while looking at Si Eun who’s on the bus, and the scene where Su Ho teaches Si Eun the basics of fighting and taps his cheeks with his fist, are all scenes that I came up with.”

Choi-Hyun-Wook.jpeg

Regarding his favorite scene of Su Ho, Choi Hyun Wook said, “When Bum Seok (Hong Kyung) first comes to wake Su Ho up and Su Ho responds with, ‘We’re not that close.’ I thought that was the most Su Ho-like line [in the drama]. I figured Su Ho is a very honest and obvious person because of that line.”

He then went more into depth about what he regards as the most important when he’s reading a script, saying, “I always think about what kind of message it gives. I’m still lacking and in the process of finding it, but I think freedom is important so I’m trying to pursue it more and think about what I can add to my role. Also, the character’s background and how they lived are important, so I tend to study more about that before going into filming.”

Choi-Hyun-Wook.jpeg

Choi Hyun Wook then recalled the beginning of his acting career, commenting, “I quit baseball and thought about what I should do, and naturally started thinking of acting because I liked movies.” He further revealed that “Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds” pulled him in so deeply and made him cry so much, that after watching it, he considered learning acting. Just in time, he got accepted as a transfer student at Hanlim Arts High School, and from that moment on, his interest in acting continued to grow.

Lastly, Choi Hyun Wook expressed his gratitude for the roles that have been given to him, saying, “I’m not yet in a situation where I can choose a character or project with a desired character in mind. So I just learn each character deeply and make decisions based on that. I’m so grateful that I can play such [memorable] characters.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1556592wpp/choi-hyun-wook-spills-which-weak-hero-class-1-scenes-he-improvised-what-movie-made-him-interested-in-acting-and-more

• Like 1

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2022] Weak Hero Class 1, 약한영웅 Class 1
  • 2 weeks later...

7 More Must-Watch K-Dramas Of 2022

Dec 27, 2022

It’s already that time of year where we look back at the second half of 2022 and the impeccable K-dramas that we have been blessed with. In case you missed part one, you can check it out here. So without further ado, here is the list for more must-watch K-dramas.

Disclaimer: List is in no particular order and only K-dramas that are finished airing by the end of December 2022 are included.

Weak Hero Class 1

Weak-Hero-Class-1-1.jpeg

“Weak Hero Class 1” is a web drama based on the hit webtoon of the same name. The series stars Park Ji Hoon as Yeon Si Eun, Choi Hyun Wook as Ahn Su Ho, and Hong Kyung as Oh Bum Seok. The three students rally together to fight some serious bullies and criminals in their neighborhood.

This series has got the perfect mix of bromance, crime fighting, and action. It’s so enthralling to watch the three friends develop their bond with each other and also using their respective strengths to take down the bad guys. Despite some unfortunate twists and turns, the series manages to tug at the heartstrings until the very end. Hopefully, there will be a second season!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1559079wpp/7-more-must-watch-k-dramas-of-2022

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
by Cho Na, December 31, 2022
118 40

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT! 

Although I won't spoil the main plot, as I will explore the characters and some scenes in this drama, 
if you are interested I advise you to watch it first. Otherwise, please read at your own risk!

0ZKDO_2f.png

xewp3_2f.jpgWhen the drama was first announced, I simply wanted to watch it for Park Ji Hoon, who played the main protagonist. I only watched him in Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency before. In it, he played a snobbish Joseon matchmaker Young Soo (left image) who loves everything pretty and fragrant, but behind his pretentious facade, he hides a dark past. Ji Hoon's acting in Young Soo's past scenes was impressive, but I was more captivated by his melancholic gaze. I told myself I would watch him again in another drama one day, and this is it: Weak Hero Class 1 (WHC1)! 

EAR20_2f.jpgInitially, I thought it was just an action drama, one of my favorite genres, where characters fight people left and right with blood, bruises, broken bones, and all that. But WHC1 tells a story darker and deeper than the action scenes, a portrayal of youth's fragility. So, I decided to watch it carefully to write a reflective article to give readers a better understanding of this drama. It's not easy, as WHC1's dialogues have more curses than quotes and fighting scenes than heart-to-heart discussions. But the characters' facial expressions speak more than speeches, their quiet gazes worth more than words. In WHC1 Park Ji Hoon was still melancholic as the protagonist Shi Eun, his emotionless facial expression hides his deep thoughts and his unreachable feelings (right image).

Before introducing you to the characters, let me tell you a little bit about the connection between the webtoon and the drama. This drama's setting, Byeok San Highschool, is a preliminary to the webtoon, which starts when Shi Eun is at Eun Jang Highschool. MDLers who have read the webtoon were initially surprised that the story is different than the webtoon, with some drama characters only loosely based or even not in the webtoon. I didn't have time to read the 200+ ongoing chapters but I studied the main characters and story background from Weak Hero Fandom, in which the characters you saw in the first GIF are loosely modeled as below. For us who don't read the webtoon, this drama gives a more meaningful background of Shi Eun (who is modeled after Gray Yeon), for who he is and how he becomes a Weak Hero.

more https://mydramalist.com/article/weak-hero-class-1-an-elegy-on-youth-fragility

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading good phrases  and reviews for this drama. One even went as far as saying one of the best for 2022. Busy with holiday festivities so wasn't able to watch all 8 episodes.  But watching now.

@larus can I request a thread pls. I read fromn soompi news  Park Ji Hoon got an offer star in the adaptation of "basstard". I've been wanting for drama adaptation of this psycho thriller from same author of "Sweet Home"  but the latter was adapted to small screen first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jongski said:

@larus can I request a thread pls. I read fromn soompi news  Park Ji Hoon got an offer star in the adaptation of "basstard". I've been wanting for drama adaptation of this psycho thriller from same author of "Sweet Home"  but the latter was adapted to small screen first.

If you are interested in the drama I will start the thread when there is a confirmation, unless you`ll decide to start it. :D Let me know.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 8:23 PM, larus said:

If you are interested in the drama I will start the thread when there is a confirmation

Yes please do the thread. Thanks! :D I hope it's confimed already. 

Anyway continuing my marathon for Weak Hero. Not a fan of the lead but I like to a good well made short epsiodes dramas. Doesn't matter who the actors are.  Case in point 2022 King of Pigs!

• Like 2

On 1/17/2023 at 1:28 PM, jongski said:

I've been reading good phrases  and reviews for this drama. One even went as far as saying one of the best for 2022. Busy with holiday festivities so wasn't able to watch all 8 episodes.  But watching now.

I wonder if RickRoll'D is also on bullying.

This thread has so little responses, would have liked to see a bigger discussion. I am kind of new as a poster but I saw some old threads crossing 500 in page counts and nowadays every thread is dead. Where did the posters even go.

• Like 1

I'm glad I watch this!. Yeah a really good well made drama but.. no discussion... but you know people also watch dramas to relax and not to think  or process anything complex. Plus it's the holiday season.

Anyway this drama is under the radar  - they showed all 8 episodes I think. But if you're true kdrama junkie you would know what's the best drama out there.. doesn't matter if there's no A-LIST actors. This is one of them. This is actually a fast drama.. no fillers at all. nothing unecessary. Plus terrific acting by the main leads.

The misery. The facial expression. The stare.  Not backing down and facing head on bullies. Boy, if IU's  character in My Mister has younger male version. It's Park Ji Hoon's  Si Eun character.

It took IU 7 episodes (16 total) to see her smile in My Mister.  Here . It took 4 episode to see PJH character smile!  (this is  8 episode drama) and it's the one and only time he smiled.  He finally cried looking at suho's beaten body at the hospital.

After watching  all 8 episodes... I agree why  and see why it's mostly one the best dramas of 2022. Well acted. Well worth the marathon.

Forbes.com : https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2022/12/11/the-20-best-korean-dramas-of-2022/?sh=61c06da5ea3f

" Weak Hero Class: Yeon Si-Eun, played by Park Ji-hoon, is a quiet student who just wants to study and mind his own business. If only his school was not a battlefield or the bullying in his classroom was not so vicious and in league with dangerous criminals. There’s no way to escape the violence, especially when it intrudes on what matters most—his studies. Why see it: The Wavve drama offers plenty of surprises and interesting character development. Intense, fast-paced and well-acted, a look at how devastating bullying can be. Viki.com"

Teen Vogue: https://www.teenvogue.com/story/best-k-dramas-2022

Park Ji-hoon is almost unrecognizable from his Wanna One days. Leading this cast, which also includes Choi Hyun-wook (Twenty Five Twenty One) and Hong Kyung (D.P.), Park is so intensely good as a bullied boy who uses classical conditioning (Pavlov’s Dog) and Newton’s Laws of Motions to fight back against his tormentors. Unlike most bullied kids, Si-eun isn’t afraid of his persecutors. He views them as aggressive blockades to academic excellence. Not one who feels the need for friends, Si-eun eventually finds himself aligned with fellow class outcast Beom-seok, and Soo-ho – who’s the school’s best fighter. Midway through, there is a plot twist that will leave many viewers shocked and heartbroken. Be forewarned: the ending is definitive and bleak. Based on a webtoon, Weak Hero Class 1 is one of the few K-dramas where I’m hopeful for a second season. (Viki)

Soompi: https://www.soompi.com/article/1559079wpp/7-more-must-watch-k-dramas-of-2022

“Weak Hero Class 1” is a web drama based on the hit webtoon of the same name. The series stars Park Ji Hoon as Yeon Si Eun, Choi Hyun Wook as Ahn Su Ho, and Hong Kyung as Oh Bum Seok. The three students rally together to fight some serious bullies and criminals in their neighborhood.

This series has got the perfect mix of bromance, crime fighting, and action. It’s so enthralling to watch the three friends develop their bond with each other and also using their respective strengths to take down the bad guys. Despite some unfortunate twists and turns, the series manages to tug at the heartstrings until the very end. Hopefully, there will be a second season!

https://blog.kocowa.com/five-reasons-why-weak-hero-class-1-is-one-of-2022s-best-k-drama/

If you haven’t watched “Weak Hero Class 1,” you’re missing out on a lot. I checked out almost 40 K-dramas this year, and I can confidently say that it’s one of the best I have seen this 2022. Now that I’ve seen all 8 episodes, I’ll explain why this high school thriller is a 10/10 drama!

*The ablove link has long list but worth the read so you'll know why why and other think it's one of the best for 2022.

https://themovieculture.com/top-10-most-underrated-kdramas-of-2022/

Weak Hero Class 1 is a K-Drama adopted from the webtoon of the name “Weak Hero” written by Seopass and illustrated by Kim Jin-Seok. It depicts the story of a schoolboy who, using his intelligence and fighting skills, fights the violence he faces inside and outside of his school.

Starting with the main lead who is played by Park Ji-Hoon, is represented as a fragile boy who has sharp intelligence. He forms a strong bond with two others, Ahn Soo-Hoo (Choi Hyun-Wook) and Oh Beom-Seok(Hong Kyung), who help him and create memories along the way. Jeon Seok-Dae, acted by Shin Seung-Ho, is a bully who beats up kids. He does this to earn money, wishing deep down to stop this violence.

This drama follows through all the stories of the different characters and is rated a heaping 9.1 out of 10.

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/best-k-dramas-of-2022-a5075-a4575-20221226-lfrm2

Yeon Si Eun is the top student in the class and has a physically weak body. Because of this, bullies target him. However, Si Eun doesn't let the bullies have their way. He fights back, using what he learned like the laws of physics to calculate his every next move. He fights against the violence that happens in and out of his school.

We have been saying this nonstop as well, but Ji Hoon deserves the best actor award for his acting in this web series! His facial expressions are on point, and he made every scene realistic enough to touch the emotions of the viewers. The cast members got along really well, and each of their personalities complemented one another's. This drama gave light to outstanding actors like Choi Hyun Wook and Hong Kyung and it made us appreciate them as artists. We personally like how it seems to encourage people to not back down when treated with injustice and violence because no one deserves that. Also, we appreciate people like Ahn Soo Ho who couldn't stand it when someone is being treated badly. Weak Hero Class 1 showed us how serious bullying may be in some schools and how it can critically affect one's life. The actors' portrayal of their characters will surely have you amazed!

So yeah. This is high school bullying drama. Great job by the main cast!

@larus Thanks for this thread. I finished the drama and it was worth doing the marathon! 8 eps.

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, January 21, 2023
68 52

Weak Hero Class 1's Actor Na Chul Passes Away Due to Health Deterioration

The Korean actor Na Chul passed away on the morning of January 21 while undergoing treatment for a sudden illness. More news is yet to come on the exact cause of his death. 

Na Chul impressed the audience with his recent villainous and passionate performance in the series "Weak Hero Class 1".  Moreover, he also has held roles in various hit K-dramas like "Little Women", "Through the Darkness", "Happiness", "D.P.", "Hospital Playlist Season 2", "Vincenzo", and "The Good Wife", to name a few.  

His acting talent can also be seen in Korean movies like "Hit-and-Run Squad", "Extreme Job", "1987: When the Day Comes", and "Along with the Gods 1: The Two Worlds", which are a few of the many films he took part in.  

Actress Kim Go Eun expressed condolences for her late colleague. She posted a picture of the actor on her Instagram account with a caption saying, "The most amazing actor Na Chul. The most amazing person, father, husband, son, friend Na Chul".

E5drgp_2f.png

Kim Go Eun worked with Na Chul in the K-drama "Little Women" and the movie "Tune In For Love".  The actress's agency canceled her airport fashion coverage which was to be held today, and she will be attending Na Chul's funeral scheduled on January 23. His mortuary is arranged to be kept at Soonchunhyang University Funeral Hall.

The upcoming movie "Concrete Utopia" will be the actor's posthumous work. According to the sources, the actor had already completed filming for his role. The disaster thriller also stars Lee Byung HunPark Bo YoungPark Seo Joon, and Kim Sun Young, among others. 

The actor will be seen playing the role of a faithful husband and civil servant who goes by the name Min Sung. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/weak-hero-class-1-s-actor-na-chul-passes-away-due-to-health-deterioration

• 5 months later...

2nd Blue Dragon Series Awards Announces Nominees

Jun 26, 2023
by S. Nam

20230626024850_Blue-Dragon-Series-Awards

The 2nd Blue Dragon Series Awards (BSA) has announced its nominees!

Having kicked off just last year, Sports Chosun—which currently presents the famous annual Blue Dragon Film Awards—launched Korea’s first award ceremony specifically for streaming platforms. In light of the continuing growth of the original series content industry, the Blue Dragon Series Awards honors excellence in dramas and variety shows produced by streaming services, as opposed to television networks.

The nominees were selected by surveys conducted with officials and regular viewers as well as the evaluations by the Sports Chosun entertainment news reporters regarding streaming series and content (domestic dramas, variety shows, and educational shows) which were released from May 1, 2022 to May 31, 2023.

Best Drama

• “The Glory”
  • “Bargain”
  • “Narco-Saints”
  • Weak Hero Class 1
  • “Casino”

Best Rookie Actor

https://www.soompi.com/article/1596370wpp/2nd-blue-dragon-series-awards-announces-nominees

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Winners Of The 2nd Blue Dragon Series Awards

Jul 19, 2023
by E. Cha

The second annual Blue Dragon Series Awards has announced this year’s winners!

Last year, Sports Chosun—which presents the famous annual Blue Dragon Film Awards—launched Korea’s first award ceremony specifically for streaming platforms. In light of the continuing growth of the original series content industry, the Blue Dragon Series Awards honors excellence in dramas and variety shows produced by streaming services, as opposed to television networks.

On July 19, the star-studded ceremony for the 2023 awards was held at Incheon’s Paradise City, with Girls’ Generation’s YoonA and Jun Hyun Moo returning as hosts.

Best Rookie Actor: Park Ji Hoon (“Weak Hero Class 1”)

Why Not Award: Choi Hyun Wook (“Weak Hero Class 1”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1601734wpp/winners-of-the-2nd-blue-dragon-series-awards

• Love 1