[Upcoming Drama 2024] Weak Hero Class 2 , 약한영웅 Class 2- Season 2 premieres in 2024

larus

Hong Kyung, sensual style of 'weak hero'

NQB6S2D7KEY2SISJCKS36V3G7A.jpg

Magazine <Dazed> released a pictorial with actor Hong Kyung.

Hong Kyung, who is looking forward to meeting with the public by taking on the role of Oh Beom-seok in Wave's new original <Weak Hero Class 1>, which will be released on November 18, is revealing her original charm through a pictorial with the magazine <Dazed>.

In an interview conducted along with the photo shoot, Kyung-Hong  shared the story of <Weak Hero Class 1>, which he met with the public in advance through the 27th Busan International Film Festival. “It looks like you have been enjoying it. There must be several roles in the film festival, but I like the fact that it is a window through which the skin of the creator and the audience can be touched very closely. I think that the moment I meet the audience is the most precious moment in the whole process of the work.”

He continued, "When talking about theaters and movies, it seems that just by sitting together in a dark space with people you don't know and watching a movie together, you can get to know each other without saying anything. I think the sense of solidarity that film and theater creates is important. It seems to be a time when a lot of solidarity is needed. There are various conflicts where we live, and there is an atmosphere where we have to take a clear stance on anything, but it seems that we need time to see, feel, and think together. It can be a little vague,” he said.

More pictorials and interviews of actors Hong Kyung with his freshness and deep eyes can be found in the November issue of <Dazed> and official SNS channels such as homepage, Instagram and Twitter, YouTube and TikTok.

https://biz.chosun.com/entertainment/enter_general/2022/10/28/DTJE6XYMC2FGSG6OHBB3BDNZBA/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Weak Hero, 약한영웅- Park Ji Hoon-Season 1-Friday- Premieres on November 18- Season 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Twenty Five, Twenty One” Star Choi Hyun Wook Shares How He Prepared For New School Action Drama “Weak Hero Class 1”

Choi Hyun Wook has described his preparations for his upcoming wavve drama “Weak Hero Class 1”!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Weak Hero Class 1” is an action school drama starring Park Ji Hoon as Yeon Si Eun, a model student who excels at school, but is physically frail—making him an easy target for bullies who are jealous of his top grades. Though Yeon Si Eun appears weak on the outside, he eventually uses his brain to win his battles as he fights back against the violence that unfolds both inside and outside of school.

Choi Hyun Wook, who skyrocketed to fame in the hit drama “Twenty Five, Twenty One” earlier this year, will be playing the role of Ahn Su Ho, one of Yeon Si Eun’s classmates. The free-spirited Ahn Su Ho doesn’t care much about school life, and he only attends to keep his promise to his beloved grandmother that he’d graduate with perfect attendance—but when he sees the seemingly weak Yeon Si Eun strategically fighting back against his bullies, he begins to take an interest in the fellow student and eventually approaches him.

Describing the appeal of his character, Choi Hyun Wook emphasized the fact that Ahn Su Ho doesn’t like violence, but he’ll fight if that’s what it takes to protect the people around him.

“Although he doesn’t want to fight, he can’t bear to sit back and watch when he sees injustice,” explained Choi Hyun Wook. “I liked the way he protects his friends, and I think his uncalculating honesty is cool.”

Choi-Hyun-Wook-768x768.jpeg

Choi Hyun Wook also talked about how he prepared for the role, which marked his first time taking on the action genre. 

“Unlike Yeon Si Eun, who uses his brain and the objects around him to fight, Su Ho fights with his instincts, and his fighting style is to use his body—for example, through kicks,” said the actor.

Because it was so important for Yeon Si Eun’s fight scenes to look as if they came naturally to the character, Choi Hyun Wook shared, “I attended action school, and I practiced my kicks a lot. In terms of my appearance, I trained five times a week and worked out a lot to build up my physique.”

Fortunately, all that effort seems to have paid off. Praising the actor’s performance and hard work, wavve remarked, “Choi Hyun Wook pulled off his character so flawlessly that it was honestly hard to believe it was his first time doing action scenes. As a result of his intense practice, it felt like we were watching a real fighter on the filming set, and he gave a cool performance that wasn’t lacking in any way.”

They went on to add, “Choi Hyun Wook pulled off the character of Ahn Su Ho, who’s been an athlete ever since childhood, 100 percent. Please look forward to his weighty presence [in the drama].”

Choi-Hyun-Wook-2-768x768.jpeg

Spoiler

Choi-Hyun-Wook-3-768x768.jpeg

“Weak Hero Class 1” will be released through wavve on November 18. Check out the trailer for the drama here!

“Twenty Five, Twenty One” Star Choi Hyun Wook Shares How He Prepared For New School Action Drama “Weak Hero Class 1” | Soompi

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t'

Watch: Park Ji Hoon, Choi Hyun Wook, And Hong Kyung Battle Bullies, Complicated Friendships, And More In “Weak Hero Class 1” Teaser

Park Ji Hoon, Choi Hyun Wook, and Hong Kyung will go up against violence in wavve’s new drama!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Weak Hero Class 1” is an action school drama starring Park Ji Hoon as Yeon Si Eun, a model student who excels at school, but is physically frail – making him an easy target for bullies who are jealous of his top grades. Though Yeon Si Eun appears weak on the outside, he eventually uses his brain to win his battles as he fights back against the violence that unfolds both inside and outside of school.

Choi Hyun Wook and Hong Kyung play Yeon Si Eun’s classmates Ahn Su Ho and Bum Seok who experience growth with him.

The drama’s new poster captures this passionate trio sitting in a destroyed classroom, which seemingly symbolizes the off-putting atmosphere of their school. Yeon Si Eun, who was once a voluntary outsider with no interests aside from his studies, looks determined as he stares directly in front of him. Behind him are Su Ho and Bum Seok who appear just as determined. The caption reads, “Rather than win, I wanted to protect.”

Weak-Hero-Class-1-768x1097.jpeg

The tense vibe of the poster encapsulates the thoughts and concerns these bullied students are faced with, as well as the calm before the storm as they finally prepare to fight back. Additionally, the poster appears torn up and put back together, which depicts how the road to friendship is not an easy one for this trio.

“Weak Hero Class 1” has also released an intense new teaser that details the abuse suffered by top student Yeon Si Eun. Although he minds his own business and only focuses on getting good grades, he’s tormented by his classmate Jeon Young Bin (Kim Su Gyeom) who tells him, “You’re especially a snob.”

Despite the violence he endures, Yeon Si Eun calmly states, “Let’s stop. Please.” Jeon Young Bin replies, “But I don’t want to?” which causes a spiral in Yeon Si Eun’s reaction. Yeon Si Eun startles his classmates by randomly and repeatedly slapping himself as the teaser caption reads, “Is only what we learned, what is right?”

Yeon Si Eun eventually teams up with his classmates Su Ho and Bum Seok who help attack his bullies, but the abuse heads in an unexpected direction. The trio gets tied up in something larger as their abusers’ boss comments, “Bring the settlement money. I’ll give you three days.” He then threatens, “And if you don’t bring the money by then?”

At the start of their intense fight, Beom Seok worries, “What are you going to do if something happens to Su Ho?” However, he eventually does a complete switch as he angrily comments about Su Ho, “From the start, that RickRoll'D has never thought of me as a friend.”

Watch the full teaser below!

“Weak Hero Class 1” will be released through wavve on November 18. Check out another teaser for the drama here!

Watch: Park Ji Hoon, Choi Hyun Wook, And Hong Kyung Battle Bullies, Complicated Friendships, And More In “Weak Hero Class 1” Teaser | Soompi

• Like 1

News bites: November 10, 2022

by tccolb

We also have a new poster from Wavve’s Weak Hero Class 1 as well as thrilling new video teaser, featuring the main cast. Launching next week on November 18, the coming-of-age action stars Park Ji-hoon (Remarriage & Desires), Choi Hyun-wook (Twenty Five Twenty One), Hong Kyung (Lovers of the Red Sky), Lee Yeon (Juvenile Justice), and Shin Seung-ho (Alchemy of Souls). [MBC]

0000171599_001_20221107152601533.jpg

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/11/news-bites-november-10-2022/

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Park Ji Hoon, Choi Hyun Wook, Shin Seung Ho, And More Preview Their Characters’ Dramatic Stories In “Weak Hero Class 1” Posters

“Weak Hero Class 1” has unveiled dramatic character posters for their main cast!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Weak Hero Class 1” is an action school drama starring Park Ji Hoon as Yeon Si Eun, a model student who excels at school, but is physically frail – making him an easy target for bullies who are jealous of his top grades. Though Yeon Si Eun appears weak on the outside, he eventually uses his brain to win his battles as he fights back against the violence that unfolds both inside and outside of school.

The new character posters star Park Ji Hoon, Choi Hyun Wook, Hong Kyung, and Lee Yeon, as well as Shin Seung Ho who is making a special appearance. Through just the actors’ gazes, they are able to tell their characters’ deep and intricate stories.

Park Ji Hoon stars as top student Yeon Si Eun who uses his intelligence to oppose the unjust violence that goes on both inside and outside his school. When he randomly becomes the target of his classmate Jeon Young Bin (Kim Su Gyeom), Yeon Si Eun gets tied up in an unexpected situation – but decides to fight rather than back down.

The way he stares down the camera emphasizes his determination to protect his friends and not give up or lose the battle. Yeon Si Eun’s confidence is highlighted in his poster caption which reads, “You guys lack the ability to learn, right?”

Park-Ji-Hoon-768x1095.jpeg

“Twenty Five, Twenty One” star Choi Hyun Wook stars as Yeon Si Eun’s classmate Ahn Su Ho, whose incomparable aura is shown in his character poster which states, “Don’t cross the line and act in moderation.” Although Su Ho diligently attends school to keep his promise to his grandmother that he will graduate with perfect attendance, he has no interest in studying or his classmates. However, he starts to grow intrigued with Yeon Si Eun who boldly goes up against unjust violence, despite his frail appearance, which is how he ends up joining his side.

Choi-Hyun-Wook-1-768x1095.jpeg

Hong Kyung plays Yeon Si Eun and Ahn Su Ho’s classmate Oh Bum Seok, who wants to grow stronger by hanging out with these two. As displayed in previous teasers, Oh Bum Seok has a shy personality, but he doesn’t hesitate to protect his friends. However, his alternate side comes out in his poster which reads, “Why are you telling me to do this and that?” With his poker face, it’s hard to tell his true inner feelings.

Spoiler

Hong-Kyung-768x1095.jpeg

In a special appearance, Shin Seung Ho plays Jeon Seok Dae, the leader of a runaway group who will do anything for money. When his younger cousin Jeon Young Bin requests that he go up against Si Eun, Su Ho, and Beom Suk, he warns them, “I told you not to be rash, didn’t I?” However, behind his cold exterior appears to be a layer of bitterness, and his sharp eyes hide the glimmer of a tear. A key point of “Weak Hero Class 1” will be staying tuned to learn about the changes in Jeon Seok Dae’s life, as he is the greatest threat to this trio.

Spoiler

Shin-Seung-Ho-768x1095.jpeg

Lastly, there’s Young Yi, who’s played by Lee Yeon. Although she’s the only woman in the runaway group, she’s bold, outspoken, and never overlooked. Young Yi’s powerful expression in her poster is something worth noting as she complains, “Aren’t you embarrassed? This is not it.” Although she’s on the runaway group’s side, opposite of Si Eun, Su Ho, and Bum Seok, something the team is doing doesn’t seem to sit right with her.

Spoiler

Lee-Yeon-768x1095.jpeg

wavve’s original drama “Weak Hero Class 1” premieres on November 18 at 11 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser here!

Park Ji Hoon, Choi Hyun Wook, Shin Seung Ho, And More Preview Their Characters’ Dramatic Stories In “Weak Hero Class 1” Posters | Soompi

• Like 1

Weak hero Park Ji-hoon, Choi Hyun-wook, Hong Kyung vs Shin Seung-ho, Lee Yeon, sharp confrontation... What happened?

4328248-01.jpg

4328248-02.jpg

‘Weak Hero Class 1’ released a still cut full of tension that contains sharp confrontation between Park Ji-hoon, Choi Hyun-wook, Hong Kyung, Shin Seung-ho, Lee Yeon, and weak heroes.

In the still cuts released today (15th), the vigilance toward each other is felt. The reason can be guessed through the second trailer released on the 7th. The confrontation between the three 'weak heroes' and the 'runaway fam' was suggested. Starting with Seok-dae, who hit Si-eun in the face with tremendous force, saying, “It’s business, understand it,” and Si-eun, who overcame a 5:1 numerical inferiority and subdued her opponent with a unique ‘strategic fight’, and Beom-seok, who said that Si-eun was taken away. In response to the urgent message from ',' Suho rushes to the scene and casts a knee kick and flying kick.

(diodeo.com)

• Like 1

Hong Kyung Dishes On Working With Park Ji Hoon And Choi Hyun Wook For “Weak Hero Class 1”

Nov 16, 2022
by E. Cha

Hong Kyung has shared his thoughts on his multifaceted character in wavve’s upcoming drama “Weak Hero Class 1”!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Weak Hero Class 1” is an action school drama starring Park Ji Hoon as Yeon Si Eun, a model student who excels at school, but is physically frail—making him an easy target for bullies who are jealous of his top grades. Though Yeon Si Eun appears weak on the outside, he eventually uses his brain to win his battles as he fights back against the violence that unfolds both inside and outside of school.

“Twenty Five, Twenty One” star Choi Hyun Wook will star as Yeon Si Eun’s classmate Ahn Su Ho, who doesn’t care much about school or his fellow students but is intrigued by Yeon Si Eun, while Hong Kyung will play their classmate Oh Bum Seok, who hopes to grow stronger by hanging out with the two of them. Ahn Su Ho and Oh Bum Seok become Yeon Si Eun’s first friends at school, and they wind up forming an unlikely trio.

Although Oh Bum Seok appears shy and timid on the outside, he is a complicated character who is hiding inner turmoil and twisted feelings on the inside—and he is also the character who goes through the greatest emotional changes over the course of the story.

Newly released stills from the drama capture these contrasting sides of Oh Bum Seok. In one photo, he looks meek and almost fearful; in another, he seems unable to contain his rage as he glares resentfully at someone.

Reflecting on his character’s volatile and impressionable nature, Hong Kyung commented, “Because he hasn’t established his own identity yet, he tries imitating other people’s actions. There’s a period of time [in people’s lives] when they’re heavily influenced by other people, and I think Bum Seok is a high school student who’s going through that phase.”

Hong-Kyung-1.jpeg

Although he wasn’t immediately able to understand every aspect of Oh Bum Seok’s thoughts and actions, Hong Kyung shared, “I tried to understand Bum Seok’s feelings by looking for hidden things within the connections in the script, and I tried to get as close as possible to the parts [of his character] that were difficult to understand.”

Crediting director Yoo Soo Min as a huge source of help in his analysis of Oh Bum Seok’s character, Hong Kyung remarked, “He didn’t just pay attention to the things that are visible to the naked eye; he also helped us ponder our characters’ emotions and attentively checked in [with us].”

Hong-Kyung-2.jpeg

Hong Kyung also spoke highly of his co-stars Park Ji Hoon and Choi Hyun Wook.

“Even when filming the same scene, Park Ji Hoon and Choi Hyun Wook acted differently every single time, and I really learned a lot from them,” said the actor. “I enjoyed every single second that I was able to act together with them.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1554593wpp/hong-kyung-dishes-on-working-with-park-ji-hoon-and-choi-hyun-wook-for-weak-hero-class-1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Weak Hero Class 1” Previews The Thrilling Tension Between Park Ji Hoon, Choi Hyun Wook, Shin Seung Ho, And More

wavve has unveiled new stills teasing the tense confrontation between Park Ji Hoon, Choi Hyun Wook, Shin Seung Ho, and more!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Weak Hero Class 1” is an action school drama starring Park Ji Hoon as Yeon Si Eun, a model student who excels at school, but is physically frail—making him an easy target for bullies who are jealous of his top grades. Though Yeon Si Eun appears weak on the outside, he eventually uses his brain to win his battles as he fights back against the violence that unfolds both inside and outside of school.

Choi Hyun Wook and Hong Kyung play Yeon Si Eun’s classmates Ahn Su Ho and Oh Bum Seok, who join his side in fighting against bullies. Shin Seung Ho plays Jeon Seok Dae, the leader of a runaway group, while Lee Yeon plays the group’s only female member Young Yi.

The tense new stills highlight the wariness Yeon Si Eun, Ahn Su Ho, and Oh Bum Seok have for the runaway group. This trio is determined to protect, as opposed to win. In the photos, Si Eun and Su Ho stare someone down with sharp gazes that are full of malice. On top of that, Su Ho has a wound on his arm and Bum Seok looks around with a worried expression, making it evident that they have been attacked.

Weak-Hero-1-768x768.jpeg

Park-Ji-Hoon-1-768x768.jpeg

Spoiler

Choi-Hyun-Wook-4-768x768.jpeg

Hong-Kyung-4-768x768.jpeg

The obvious culprit of this attack is Seok Dae, who looks back at the students with a cruel gaze. In Young Yi’s photo, she’s been thrown to the ground by a mysterious person. Her eyes are filled with rage as she dangerously glares at whoever dared to touch her.

Spoiler

Shin-Seung-Ho-1-768x768.jpeg

Lee-Yeon-1-768x768.jpeg

wavve commented, “Si Eun, who unwillingly gets tangled up in violence, and Su Ho and Bum Seok, who step forward to help him, end up as enemies with the runaway group that Seok Dae and Young Yi are in. That’s how these three come to face a massive danger and the cruel, dangerous atmosphere from the stills will continue on in the drama to add tension and fun. Please look forward to the story.”

wavve’s original drama “Weak Hero Class 1” will be released on November 18 at 11 p.m. KST. Catch a teaser here!

“Weak Hero Class 1” Previews The Thrilling Tension Between Park Ji Hoon, Choi Hyun Wook, Shin Seung Ho, And More | Soompi

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Weak Hero, 약한영웅- Park Ji Hoon-Season 1-Friday- Season 1

'Weak heroes' overturn the school and the world

20221117502271.jpg

The original series <Weak Hero Class 1> of the online video service (OTT) Wave, which adapted a popular school action cartoon of the same name into a drama, is unusual. Attention is focusing on whether this work, which was released up to three parts in the form of a theater preview on the afternoon of the 16th, will become a “handgun” that will lead to a dramatic reversal of the wave that has been pushed not only to global OTTs such as Netflix but also to the same local OTT TVing.

The entire eight-episode series will be released at 11:00 am on the 18th, and is about Si-eun (Park Ji-hoon), the only friend in the school who studies, and Su-ho (Choi Hyun-wook), who works part-time as a delivery person to support her grandmother and is aiming for a high school diploma. This is the story of Beom-seok (Hong Kyung), a timid son from a rich family who transferred to school after being beaten up and fights against a bad classmate and the villains the classmate drags in. While taking the form of a typical academy action film that is hit with fists, it raises tension by creating a bigger villain than the original cartoon and confronting a group of villains who get stronger with each episode. The friendship between three friends who don't seem to fit in here, and the stories of boys' growth as they face off against the dark 'adult world', add solid and elastic muscles to the framework of the action genre.

20221117502272.jpg

Above all, this drama foretells the birth of a star by three young actors. Park Ji-hoon, who plays Shi-eun, is a former child actor, but he is an entertainer who became known to the public as an idol singer after receiving attention on the audition program <Produce 101>. Choi Hyun-wook, who plays Suho, who plays martial arts, was an athlete who played baseball until high school. Through <Twenty Five, Twenty One> (tvN), he started to make his face known. Hong Kyung, who played military police officer Ryu Yi-gang who harasses his successors in the Netflix series <D.P.> last year, is an actor who majored in theater and film and received traditional acting lessons. One of the points to watch in <Weak Hero Class 1> is the chemistry created by three actors in their 20s with different acting backgrounds and acting styles.

At the press conference held after the premiere, director Han Jun-hee, who participated as a creator in this work after directing <DP>, said, “Even though the three actors are all different in origin, vocalization, and acting tone, director Soo-min Yoo harmonized them well.” It was more fun to do my best with actors who are just starting out and have the potential to make a leap.”

20221117502270.jpg

https://www.hani.co.kr/arti/culture/culture_general/1067699.html

• Like 2